• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Typical Germany nostalgic about their Third Reich past

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was most gracious by Germany to grant credits. Germany was by no means required to do so. It was mere mercy. Greece had no claim whatsoever on German money, yet Germany gave Greece that money although it was less than certain Germany would ever see a penny of it ever again.
Oh woww. So Germany is the benevolent one, that just stepped up to the rescue just in time to save the damsel in distress, you Germans sure know how to play the benevolent card. You're not fooling anyone with this rhetoric, nobody forces another country's hand on any issue without getting something in return. The benevolent card is what Hitler also played to take Austria, Poland and Czekhoslavia. Always the victims, never the aggressors eh? And your silence on Germany's disgusting conduct on this matter is deafening, I didn't expect anything better from them than to shield killers anyway.

Oh woww. So Germany is the benevolent one, that just stepped up to the rescue just in time to save the damsel in distress, you Germans sure know how to play the benevolent card. You're not fooling anyone with this rhetoric, nobody forces another country's hand on any issue without getting something in return. The benevolent card is what Hitler also played to take Austria, Poland and Czekhoslavia. Always the victims, never the aggressors eh? And your silence on Germany's disgusting conduct on this matter is deafening, I didn't expect anything better from them than to shield killers anyway.

What else was it than mere benevolence?

Greece ruined itself. You spent like drunken sailors. You went bankrupt thanks to your piss-poor handling of the economy.

And now you have the nerve of blaming those who lent you money, which they will perhaps never get back? On what planet do you live?

You're not fooling anyone with this rhetoric, nobody forces another country's hand on any issue without getting something in return. The benevolent card is what Hitler also played to take Austria, Poland and Czekhoslavia.

Did you just Godwin German aid to Greece?

:lamo

What do all these people have in common?

law
crue cab
austriaecon
fearandloathing
azgreg

They all come from the same country who is known worldwide for having no knowledge about any country in the wide world.
Why is this? I'm guessing this is why:
mtr_1379574147676.jpg

They all come from the same country who is known worldwide for having no knowledge about any country in the wide world.
Why is this? I'm guessing this is why:

That's just dumb. Texas is the size of most Euro countries, and how many Euros know the state capital? None. Florida is about the same landmass and population as Sweden. How many Euros know the capital of Florida? None. So spare us the geographical ignorance.

That's just dumb. Texas is the size of most Euro countries, and how many Euros know the state capital? None. So spare us the geographical ignorance.

Austin.

My point stands.

99.9% of Euros cannot name the capital of Florida, and Florida is the size and pop of Sweden. They are as ignorant about geography, just different areas of knowledge.

My point stands.

99.9% of Euros cannot name the capital of Florida, and Florida is the size and pop of Sweden. They are as ignorant about geography, just different areas of knowledge.
That's because florida is the one with the stupid capital name.
I think it was tallehasse. Might be writing it down wrongly.

EDIT: Your point really doesn't stand.

That's because florida is the one with the stupid capital name.
I think it was tallehasse. Might be writing it down wrongly.

EDIT: Your point really doesn't stand.

Your geography is good, but my point stands. I lived in Europe for two years, grad school. When they would be all "Americans don't know geography!", I'd ask them for the capitals of US states as large as Euro countries. They never knew any.

Your geography is good, but my point stands. I lived in Europe for two years, grad school. When they would be all "Americans don't know geography!", I'd ask them for the capitals of US states as large as Euro countries. They never knew any.

Because state capitals of US states are hardly relevant for Europeans or anyone else outside the US. I dont know the regional capitals of most European regions.. should I? Of course not, but I do know the capital cities and major cities of most European countries.

Now on the flip-side I have heard many Americans comment that Denmark is the capital of Sweden and London is a country..

Because state capitals of US states are hardly relevant for Europeans or anyone else outside the US. I dont know the regional capitals of most European regions.. should I? Of course not, but I do know the capital cities and major cities of most European countries.

Now on the flip-side I have heard many Americans comment that Denmark is the capital of Sweden and London is a country..

Florida is geographically about as large as Sweden and has about the same population. It generates about the same GDP.

And no one in Sweden knows the capital of Florida.

Let's not pretend Sweden is more relevant than Florida internationally, it's not.

Florida is geographically about as large as Sweden and has about the same population. It generates about the same GDP.

And no one in Sweden knows the capital of Florida.

Florida is not a country, but a region in a country. Sweden is a nation.

Let's not pretend Sweden is more relevant than Florida internationally, it's not.

Sweden is far far far far more relevant than Florida. For one Florida is not allowed to do its own foreign policy... that alone puts Sweden far ahead of Florida.

Funny, the far-right in Germany keeps telling that the EU is a plot by the Allies to keep Germany down. It's "Versailles without a war" (literal statement).

And the far-left hates the EU, because it is allegedly Anglo-Saxon capitalism taking over Germany.

Now non-Germans hate the EU because allegedly, it's the 4th Reich?

OMG, poor EU. Everybody hates them. :p

Who says they aren't all right? It is a matter of historical record that original intentions were to use the EU as a means of subduing Germany and having it subsumed into an American-led "alliance" with the British holding a privileged position in the make-up of this new European order. That could easily fit both of the first two allegations. It is also definitely the case that many pro-Nazi and ex-Nazi individuals held prominent positions in Germany after the war and also built up alliances with various groups outside Germany. Said people, including the head of German intelligence, obviously played an important role in shaping the new Germany and that would include European integration. Those elements, who may or may not have lingering sympathies for the old Nazi Germany, would certainly see an opportunity in a project like the desired European Union a chance to regain Germany's power and dominant status without firing a shot.

What else was it than mere benevolence?

Well, you have to recognize that it was more about insuring their own economic survival as well. I mean, they wouldn't have had a direct problem from Greece and the notion of a "sovereign debt default wave" was probably an exaggeration (sovereign debt markets don't really work that way), but the resulting implosion of the Balkan economy brought on by a Greek economic collapse would rapidly come home to Germany.

So what?

Sweden is far far far far more relevant than Florida. For one Florida is not allowed to do its own foreign policy... that alone puts Sweden far ahead of Florida.

When was the last time Sweden launched a Space Shuttle? Wanna check intercontinental tourism? Sweden will lose by factors of power. No one gives a crap about Sweden's foreign policy, not even Euros. It's not internationally relevant.

LOL okay.. do you know the regions of Sweden or Denmark? If not, then why should everyone know the regions of the US in detail?

When was the last time Sweden launched a Space Shuttle? Wanna check intercontinental tourism? Sweden will lose by factors of power. No one gives a crap about Sweden's foreign policy, not even Euros. It's not internationally relevant.

That was the US, not Florida. No one gives a crap about Florida's foreign policy because they are not allowed to have one and no one thinks that it was Florida that was behind NASA... that was the US. Now had you compared the US to Sweden then you would be correct, but you did not.. you insisted on Florida, a state that cant even count ballots without special help.

Alex_Jones_meme_by_vote_tennant.jpg

That's funny.. at what point did I blame NWO? Just pointing out an intel report from the US during 1944.

Who says they aren't all right? It is a matter of historical record that original intentions were to use the EU as a means of subduing Germany and having it subsumed into an American-led "alliance" with the British holding a privileged position in the make-up of this new European order. That could easily fit both of the first two allegations. It is also definitely the case that many pro-Nazi and ex-Nazi individuals held prominent positions in Germany after the war and also built up alliances with various groups outside Germany. Said people, including the head of German intelligence, obviously played an important role in shaping the new Germany and that would include European integration. Those elements, who may or may not have lingering sympathies for the old Nazi Germany, would certainly see an opportunity in a project like the desired European Union a chance to regain Germany's power and dominant status without firing a shot.

Well, this goes totally against my perception of German politics and my knowledge of German post-war history. It's true that until the late 60s or even early 70s, many former low-rank Nazi party members held certain positions in West-Germany. But I never came across the slightest indication that they still embraced their Nazi ideas so much that they would form revisionist rope teams behind closed doors, especially not on highest levels. That notion seems so outlandish to me that I'm inclined to think it's a mere paranoid anti-German conspiracy theory (of which there are plenty in Britain, as far as I know).

Add to that the fact that there was even no EU before 1993. And at that point, the old Nazis had long died out in public positions in Germany. Nazis were reduced to a small number of fringe nuts by then, outcasts, and the established German parties took all efforts possible to keep them down, from attempted party bans to surveillance and infiltration of the Nazi groups by German intelligence.

Time and again, when there was a new EU treaty, Germany accepted voting mechanisms inside the EU which give Germany much less power than it deserves, if you take Germany's population or economic strength as a yardstick. Due to EU mechanisms, Germany even has less power than it would have without the EU (for example, Germany has only 96 seats in the EU parliament, but France, Britain and Italy have 87 each, IIRC, although Germany is more than 25% more populous than these countries. In the Council, Germany even has only the same number of votes like the named countries).

The euro currency was not a German invention, but a condition France insisted on in exchange for allowing Germany to reunify in 1990.

And also, during the euro crisis, Germany did not evoke the slightest impression we want to dominate or lead Europe. On the contrary. The whole world criticized Germany for its alleged reluctance and refusal to take the lead in Europe. I remember even British papers blamed Merkel for that. IIRC, it was the Economist that accused Germany of being so trapped in a guilt complex over WW2, that Germany now refuses to take a leading role in the EU to save it.

So where do you get your info from?

Well, you have to recognize that it was more about insuring their own economic survival as well. I mean, they wouldn't have had a direct problem from Greece and the notion of a "sovereign debt default wave" was probably an exaggeration (sovereign debt markets don't really work that way), but the resulting implosion of the Balkan economy brought on by a Greek economic collapse would rapidly come home to Germany.

Fair enough. But at that time, it was seriously discussed in Germany, and supported by several politicians in Germany, that an "orderly default" of Greece and taking it out of the euro zone was the better solution.

Last edited:

This is incorrect. Florida has it's own Government, it's own police, it's own military, and it's own laws. What you know as the US is created by the US Constitution. This is an agreement between the "States" all 50 of them (well 3/4ths or 38). 38 States have to agree to changes to the Constitution. It only takes 38 States to remove power from the Federal Government created in the Constitution. State's have sovereign power in the US just as Sweden, Germany or any other EU country.

Btw, King George the III didn't recognize one nation in the Treaty of Paris, but 13 Nations.

Article 1 of Treaty of Paris: His Britannic Majesty acknowledges the said United States, viz., New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the same and every part thereof.

Add to that the fact that there was even no EU before 1993.

I know germans a pretty intelligent people but seriously? European Movement International, Council of Europe, College of Europe, European Coal and Steel Community (Treaty of Paris), Treaty of Rome (EEC, EAEC), Treaty of Brussels (created the European Community by merging the ECSC, EEC and EAEC). Treaty of Brussels is known as the first pillar of the EU.

Treaty of Brussels was revised (Solemn Declaration on European Union) in the Single European Act (1986) and it's goal was creating a Single Europe by December 31st, 1992. It also created European Political Cooperation, which became the Common Foreign and Security Policy, the second Pillar of the EU.

Maastricht Treaty merged the two pillars with Justice and Home Affairs (pillar three of the EU).

There were even €2 coins minted in 2007 for the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Rome. 13 of the 16 members Eurozone at the time members did it, including Germany. What's considered the Inner Six are the countries who originally signed the Treaty of Rome in 1957. Guess who's on that list.. West Germany (German), France, and Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, and Luxembourg.. UK wasn't invited to the party for years later.

Last edited:
Merely pointing out what an epic fool you are.

You are clearly showing you are the fool, you don't even realize the EU was being formed long before 1992. It's okay, I provided you a history above.

Fair enough. But at that time, it was seriously discussed in Germany, and supported by several politicians in Germany, that an "orderly default" of Greece and taking it out of the euro zone was the better solution.

It was absolutely a better solution for Greece and the Eurozone.

You are clearly showing you are the fool, you don't even realize the EU was being formed long before 1992. It's okay, I provided you a history above.

Uhm no, the EU was formed in 1993 with the ratification of the Maastricht Treaty.

Before then, there had only been first the ECC, then the EC as its predecessors (which had a much lower degree of integration and considerably less power over the member states).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom