• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Typical Germany nostalgic about their Third Reich past

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know germans a pretty intelligent people but seriously? European Movement International, Council of Europe, College of Europe, European Coal and Steel Community (Treaty of Paris), Treaty of Rome (EEC, EAEC), Treaty of Brussels (created the European Community by merging the ECSC, EEC and EAEC). Treaty of Brussels is known as the first pillar of the EU.

Treaty of Brussels was revised (Solemn Declaration on European Union) in the Single European Act (1986) and it's goal was creating a Single Europe by December 31st, 1992. It also created European Political Cooperation, which became the Common Foreign and Security Policy, the second Pillar of the EU.

Maastricht Treaty merged the two pillars with Justice and Home Affairs (pillar three of the EU).

There were even €2 coins minted in 2007 for the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Rome. 13 of the 16 members Eurozone at the time members did it, including Germany. What's considered the Inner Six are the countries who originally signed the Treaty of Rome in 1957. Guess who's on that list.. West Germany (German), France, and Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, and Luxembourg.. UK wasn't invited to the party for years later.

Glad to see you can read Wikipedia.

What you write confirms what I said: There was no EU before 1993.

Of course several institutions that would then become the core of the EU had existed before, in the ECC and EC. But the EU we know today, with all its powers and controversial decisions, the EU people mean when they say "EU" today, came into existence with the Maastricht Treaty.

You are clearly showing you are the fool, you don't even realize the EU was being formed long before 1992. It's okay, I provided you a history above.

Your the fool, who thinks he is an expert on European matter, but would probably end up lynched if he ever opend his mouth in a pub in some random European city.

The euro currency was not a German invention, but a condition France insisted on in exchange for allowing Germany to reunify in 1990.

France didn't demand the Euro for Germany to unify. Rather France demanded Euro before increased European political union. Out of Germany giving up the demand for increased European political union, Germany gained the ability to shape the ECB. Germany's main demands for giving up the DM were that the ECB have formal independence, single policy goal of price stability, the prohibition on purchasing bonds from member governments, a "no bailout" rule for countries that became insolvent, and its location in Frankfurt. Obviously 3 and 4 demands were relaxed.

And also, during the euro crisis, Germany did not evoke the slightest impression we want to dominate or lead Europe. On the contrary. The whole world criticized Germany for its alleged reluctance and refusal to take the lead in Europe. I remember even British papers blamed Merkel for that. IIRC, it was the Economist that accused Germany of being so trapped in a guilt complex over WW2, that Germany now refuses to take a leading role in the EU to save it.

Germany had it's own mess to deal with. Germany was dealing with Hypo, IBK, Bayern LB just to name a few. Germany also had no reason to take the lead. Deutsche Bundesbank was dead set on it's policy and so was the German government. British press is gonna have a field day the expense of German when they couldn't fix their own problems. It's typical british deflection.

So where do you get your info from?

Fair enough. But at that time, it was seriously discussed in Germany, and supported by several politicians in Germany, that an "orderly default" of Greece and taking it out of the euro zone was the better solution.[/QUOTE]

Of course several institutions that would then become the core of the EU had existed before, in the ECC and EC. But the EU we know today, with all its powers and controversial decisions, the EU people mean when they say "EU" today, came into existence with the Maastricht Treaty.

And all the pillars were there before the Masstricht treaty. Changing a name doesn't change the fact they existed before.

And all the pillars were there before the Masstricht treaty. Changing a name doesn't change the fact they existed before.

That's right. You just read that the EU was formed in 1993 but you keep ignoring that point.
Who needs reading when you can argue from ignorance.
mtr_1379574147676.jpg

I really hate that kind of scum from the US who rants toxic waste as soon as any European critizises any US policy, yet believes he is somekind of expert on European matters and has the authority to say what would be best for us.

I really hate that kind of scum from the US who rants toxic waste as soon as any European critizises any US policy, yet believes he is somekind of expert on European matters and has the authority to say what would be best for us.

Fortunately, there are a lot of really good and informed americans, like for instance, MMC but also others, whose posts are good and display a good level of understanding.

And then ofc, there are those like law and austriaecon who fit your description perfectly. Unfortunately, these guys are the majority who peddle their ignorance in this subforum. 'muricans.

Your the fool, who thinks he is an expert on European matter, but would probably end up lynched if he ever opend his mouth in a pub in some random European city.

Ah, that's cute, half-assed threats online.. Anytime you want to try buddy.. You can come visit me sometime in Munich. Saulsalitos has some nice trees in the back for you to try and lynch me. That's Max-Weber Platz station. Or we can meet in Dublin, and go to the bar inside the Mount Herbert Hotel, make sure you get off at Landsdowne Station walk down Landsdowne road to Herbert Road, can't miss the hotel.. and you can use one of the trees out front or the small open field by Aviva Stadium...

But I think you mouth is just writing checks your ass can't cash.

Again, cute. I actually live in Germany and when I am not in Germany I am in Ireland, have dual citizenship (Irish) and haven't set foot in the US longer then 3 month in the last 4 years. I actually criticize the US a fair deal and it's policy. I don't fit the mold you express. But alas, I am the ignorant one. You don't even know who the **** you are talking to.

You are so polite and open to others' opinions. That is seemingly one of your culture's most endearing character traits. And you chose such simple words to demonstrate it.

Also, the EU is the legal successor to the EC and the continuity was rather unbroken. To say that the EU did not exist before Maastricht was signed it therefore legalistically true. But standing on that point seems constipated.

Fortunately, there are a lot of really good and informed americans, like for instance, MMC but also others, whose posts are good and display a good level of understanding.

And then ofc, there are those like law and austriaecon who fit your description perfectly. Unfortunately, these guys are the majority who peddle their ignorance in this subforum. 'muricans.

LOL, too funny. It's AUSTRIAN ECON. You know Austrian Economics which comes from Vienna. It's the capital in Austria might have heard of it. It's ironic you find MMC to be good and informed American, MMC will vouch for my informed positions. You just hate I disagree with your peddling propaganda in topics. That's what this come down to. I don't see the world in eyes of Rainman05.

Ah, that's cute, half-assed threats online.. Anytime you want to try buddy.. You can come visit me sometime in Munich. Saulsalitos has some nice trees in the back for you to try and lynch me. That's Max-Weber Platz station. Or we can meet in Dublin, and go to the bar inside the Mount Herbert Hotel, make sure you get off at Landsdowne Station walk down Landsdowne road to Herbert Road, can't miss the hotel.. and you can use one of the trees out front or the small open field by Aviva Stadium...

But I think you mouth is just writing checks your ass can't cash.

I am not threatening you, I am telling you that your out of touch with reality.

And your response is to threaten me.

How mature of you.

You are so polite and open to others' opinions. That is seemingly one of your culture's most endearing character traits. And you chose such simple words to demonstrate it.

**** off JoG

Your opinions on any European matter so far have been the opinions of a 12 year old or a person from Essex.

**** off JoG

Your opinions on any European matter so far have been the opinions of a 12 year old or a person from Essex.

Now that seems rather rude. But I am sure you are well qualified to judge the population of Essex.

This is incorrect. Florida has it's own Government, it's own police, it's own military, and it's own laws.

And? Does not make it a freaking country like Sweden lol!

What you know as the US is created by the US Constitution. This is an agreement between the "States" all 50 of them (well 3/4ths or 38). 38 States have to agree to changes to the Constitution. It only takes 38 States to remove power from the Federal Government created in the Constitution. State's have sovereign power in the US just as Sweden, Germany or any other EU country.

The **** they do. You are deluding yourself if you think that the world gives a **** about Florida or Texas or Utah. They talk to the federal government and the federal government is the representative of the United States. The US states are nothing but glorified regions with certain extra privileges that regions dont normally have. It does not make them a nation.

The region of Andalusia has a government, they have a police force, they can make laws and have regional autonomy. They even technically have a military I believe. Does that make Andalusia a country? Of course not.

The island of Greenland has relative self rule, elects its own government and runs most of its own affairs... with the permission of Denmark. Does that mean Greenland is a country? No, it is a Danish colony and part of the Kingdom of Denmark.

When Florida breaks away from the US, then you can call yourself a country.

Btw, King George the III didn't recognize one nation in the Treaty of Paris, but 13 Nations.

Article 1 of Treaty of Paris: His Britannic Majesty acknowledges the said United States, viz., New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the same and every part thereof.

And how is that relevant today? You Americans are far far too preoccupied with an outdated constitution that was made during a very different time and does not reflect society of today.

I am not threatening you, I am telling you that your out of touch with reality.

And your response is to threaten me.

How mature of you.

No, you said I would be lynched in any European city. My response was not a threaten but an invitation for you to cash the check your ass can't write or in simpler terms for you.. that promising something and delivering on it are two different things and as I suspected, you are trying to be the Rottweiler on the block but in reality you are the Dachshund.

The **** they do. You are deluding yourself if you think that the world gives a **** about Florida or Texas or Utah. They talk to the federal government and the federal government is the representative of the United States. The US states are nothing but glorified regions with certain extra privileges that regions dont normally have. It does not make them a nation.

It has been uniformly held that the States are separate sovereigns with respect to the Federal Government because each State's power to prosecute derives from its inherent sovereignty, preserved to it by the Tenth Amendment, and not from the Federal Government. Given the distinct sources of their powers to try a defendant, the States are no less sovereign with respect to each other than they are with respect to the Federal Government.

Study up on American Government systems.

US Supreme Court states "those" regions are sovereign.

But here is a thought for you to think about...

Western European nations have agreed to hand over some portion of their sovereign powers, right? If they kept doing so, is there a point at which they would cease in themselves to be sovereign entities? It seems to me that as long as France et. al. refuse to disband their identities as nations, and retain the ability to re-negotiate the powers they've given up, then they will always remain in some sense sovereign--which would be analogous to how the US states stand today.

And how is that relevant today? You Americans are far far too preoccupied with an outdated constitution that was made during a very different time and does not reflect society of today.

That is your opinion. It can be changed by calling a Constitutional Convention. Much like all those treaties the EU does.

LOL, too funny. It's AUSTRIAN ECON. You know Austrian Economics which comes from Vienna. It's the capital in Austria might have heard of it. It's ironic you find MMC to be good and informed American, MMC will vouch for my informed positions. You just hate I disagree with your peddling propaganda in topics. That's what this come down to. I don't see the world in eyes of Rainman05.

No, you don't, now piss off.

Your inputs in any topic regarding European matters is about as useful as of a 3legged pony is in a horse race.

I don't mind people who disagree with me as long as they maintain a substantiated argument. You can have divergent opinions based on the same pool of information. But you don't have the knowledge in that pool of information. You only have some BS which you peddle and ill informed opinions based on that. So unless you're willing to start learning and start making coherent posts your ignorance will be called out.

What else was it than mere benevolence?
Enslavery. But of course in your fascist mindset there's nothing wrong with that now is there? Good luck dealing with the aftermath when the you-know-what hits the you-know-what. We're pulling the plug on the EU, we spend more on it than we'll ever get back from Mrs. Sieg Heil.

Enslavery. But of course in your fascist mindset there's nothing wrong with that now is there? Good luck dealing with the aftermath when the you-know-what hits the you-know-what. We're pulling the plug on the EU, we spend more on it than we'll ever get back from Mrs. Sieg Heil.

Pull the plug on your computer m8.

If you are supposed to be an euroskeptic, leave the room. You're making the rest of us look bad.

Pull the plug on your computer m8.

If you are supposed to be an euroskeptic, leave the room. You're making the rest of us look bad.
Welcome to the thread and enjoy your stay, I can see you have a lot to offer "Rainman05". Or alternatively, shut the door on the way out, like we are about to do with the EU.

Welcome to the thread and enjoy your stay, I can see you have a lot to offer "Rainman05". Or alternatively, shut the door on the way out, like we are about to do with the EU.

Who is this "we". You and austriaecon? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom