• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

TWO AMERICAS

You envy china......

......and are convinced we all have it too easy.....

......no one should be surprised.
The underlying issue is corporations will often look to find cheaper ways to provide goods and services. If the idea is to prevent them from exporting jobs, then one has to deal with the idea of government getting involved to make that financially unfeasible or very costly to the point it would make sense to keep jobs here and pay the higher wages. For the folks who advocate non interference by the government in the private sector, this could be problematic.

How does that koolaid taste ??? BTW = good paying jobs have no problem with finding workers for the most part
Works great especially about accepting personal responsibility and not expecting help from you. The longer a person remains collecting a taxpayer check the less employable they become due to the resume gaps but then your entitlement mentality doesn't accept that reality. Businesses are not there to employ you, grasp that for reality.

The underlying issue is corporations will often look to find cheaper ways to provide goods and services. If the idea is to prevent them from exporting jobs, then one has to deal with the idea of government getting involved to make that financially unfeasible or very costly to the point it would make sense to keep jobs here and pay the higher wages. For the folks who advocate non interference by the government in the private sector, this could be problematic.
You people talk like corporations are manned by computers and not people who get paid, spend their money, contribute to society and charity. Corporations exist as a legal entity for legal protection for management and I know of no corporation that pays federal minimum wage nor doesn't offer evaluations and benefits to move up, Provide me with that list

More striking today is the distinction between those who live in an America with facts and those who live in an America with "alternate facts".
The folks in alternate facts reality seem sad and scared.
So, they cling to superstitions like, "Trump advice is better than expert advice"
Welcome to the liberal world where alternate facts exist and reality doesn't. Conservatives don't listen to rhetoric, they watch for results and 74 million got them from Trump. 81 million bought the liberal rhetoric and are now continuing to experience the liberal results, dependence. Expert advice to a liberal is whatever they want to believe including that science is exact, it isn't and you ought to know that, you give me a scientists opinion and I will find another scientist that disagrees and has another opinion

... Corporations exist as a legal entity for legal protection for management and I know of no corporation that pays federal minimum wage nor doesn't offer evaluations and benefits to move up, Provide me with that list
You are aware that WalMart, McDonalds, Amazon, and a host of other providers of millions of low paying, minimum wage dead-end jobs are corporations, correct?

decades ago corporations figured out that they could more their factories/etc to the poorer states (like South Carolina or Alabama) and save massive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

then they said to themselves, "Hell, that worked so well let's move to countries that pay their workers a dollar an hour and save even MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRREEEE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

and they they bought...

The 3 Biggest Yacht Innovations of 2019 (So Far) – Robb Report

You people talk like corporations are manned by computers and not people who get paid, spend their money, contribute to society and charity. Corporations exist as a legal entity for legal protection for management and I know of no corporation that pays federal minimum wage nor doesn't offer evaluations and benefits to move up, Provide me with that list
Nothing I said even remotely implies that, nor is anything I was addressing to a point another poster made have anything to do with your response.

You are aware that WalMart, McDonalds, Amazon, and a host of other providers of millions of low paying, minimum wage dead-end jobs are corporations, correct?
Your definition of low paying jobs?? I competed against Walmart, McDonalds and know they paid market wages so when you set a wage which the states can set that for many becomes the maximum wage, competition drives up wages, not federal mandates

Nothing I said even remotely implies that, nor is anything I was addressing to a point another poster made have anything to do with your response.
That was in response to you but was generated for others to read. you care to respond to the content. Why do corporations exist and are they not run by taxpayer, consuming adults?

That was in response to you but was generated for others to read. you care to respond to the content. Why do corporations exist and are they not run by taxpayer, consuming adults?
Of course they are, but that has nothing to do with my point.

Of course they are, but that has nothing to do with my point.
It has everything to do with the class envy issue by the left and blame for corporations paying low salaries none of which is factual. Corporations are demonized by the left who buy rhetoric and ignore reality that corporations are run by people, hire and train people and are inexistence not to hire people but they do because of need. It isn't the employees investment that created these corporations.

Welcome to the liberal world where alternate facts exist and reality doesn't. Conservatives don't listen to rhetoric, they watch for results and 74 million got them from Trump. 81 million bought the liberal rhetoric and are now continuing to experience the liberal results, dependence. Expert advice to a liberal is whatever they want to believe including that science is exact, it isn't and you ought to know that, you give me a scientists opinion and I will find another scientist that disagrees and has another opinion

Thanks for welcoming me into your world.

I'll be back later when I want a guided tour.
Thanks, though.

man this thread is a hilarious example of a self own.

Thanks for welcoming me into your world.

I'll be back later when I want a guided tour.
Thanks, though.
Sorry but you won't survive in my world, the real world where neighbors helping neighbors exists and those neighbors aren't federal bureaucrats. You and your ideology is still trying to change the world our Founders created by spending in the name of compassion without getting compassionate results but instead dependence

It has become quite apparent over the last 10 years that there are two Americas: one that is productive (blue states) and one that isn’t (red states). The less productive a state becomes the more it turns red, and vice versa. The amount of time you spent working is really irrelevant if you aren’t productive.

It has become quite apparent over the last 10 years that there are two Americas: one that is productive (blue states) and one that isn’t (red states). The less productive a state becomes the more it turns red, and vice versa. The amount of time you spent working is really irrelevant if you aren’t productive.
No question about it, blue states are doing a great job creating tents for the homeless and taking care of others living on the street, liberal rhetoric that defies reality

Sorry but you won't survive in my world, the real world where neighbors helping neighbors exists and those neighbors aren't federal bureaucrats.
I'm sure it takes someone valiant, brave, and strong like you to survive in your world full of untold dangers such as . . . "neighbors helping neighbors" . . . ?
I'm so glad you can handle it.

You and your ideology is still trying to change the world our Founders created by spending in the name of compassion without getting compassionate results but instead dependence
See?
That's exactly the kinda "alternate facts" reality I am talking about.

Only the version of me that lives in your head does those things.
That's not real. It's not real.

It has everything to do with the class envy issue by the left and blame for corporations paying low salaries none of which is factual. Corporations are demonized by the left who buy rhetoric and ignore reality that corporations are run by people, hire and train people and are inexistence not to hire people but they do because of need. It isn't the employees investment that created these corporations.
This is another instance where you try the Trojan horse approach and inject issues I neither mentioned or implied in my post. You are taking your canned rant topics and applying them without even trying to make it remotely relevant to my post. Please cite where in my post I demonized a corporation.

I'm sure it takes someone valiant, brave, and strong like you to survive in your world full of untold dangers such as . . . "neighbors helping neighbors" . . . ?
I'm so glad you can handle it.

See?

Right, so why isn't you aren't touting liberal results like the following

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...alifornia-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

California leads the nation in Poverty

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...le-living-on-the-streets-in-the-us-2019-09-18

California homeless

Cost of living

https://bungalow.com/articles/10-most-expensive-states-in-the-u-s

This is another instance where you try the Trojan horse approach and inject issues I neither mentioned or implied in my post. You are taking your canned rant topics and applying them without even trying to make it remotely relevant to my post. Please cite where in my post I demonized a corporation.
Look, this is a public forum, my response to your post was directed to those who support your ideology and promote massive tax increases on corporations and individuals. I suggest you use the ignore function if you don't like what I post

The interesting aspect there is the frustration felt by people in these areas are in part due to industries either having left those areas or have cut back the number of jobs. You have sections of this country that relied heavily on a particular industry or employer to sustain local residents, and once that was gone they were left with little recourse other than moving or hanging on somehow.

Right productive like these pictures who, the bluest state of them all with the 6th largest economy in the world, no GOP Legislature since the 60's generating results like these in LA, SF, and San Diego is despicable

Look, this is a public forum, my response to your post was directed to those who support your ideology and promote massive tax increases on corporations and individuals. I suggest you use the ignore function if you don't like what I post
I have no issue with people commenting on my posts, but it's far better when those posters at least make the effort to make their response remotely relevant to my specific comment. Yours wasn't, so I called you out on it.

Right, so why isn't you aren't touting liberal results like the following
See?

You're getting closer, though.
You are realizing that the real life me does not behave like the me in your head behaves.

Trust me.
I am distinct and different from the version of me who lives in your mind.

See?

You're getting closer, though.
You are realizing that the real life me does not behave like the me in your head behaves.

Trust me.
I am distinct and different from the version of me who lives in your mind.

Alternative Facts? Those links were created in Hollywood? Define for me what a fact is in your world?

Back
Top Bottom