• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Twinkies are back . . .

I never liked Little Debbie products for some reason.

Oops! I must correct myself. I do like the Swiss Cake Rolls. :)

I was raised on them. Hostess was hit or miss in my area growing up but Little Debbie's were everywhere

I never liked Little Debbie products for some reason.

Oops! I must correct myself. I do like the Swiss Cake Rolls. :)

Same here. I never was a Little Debbie fan. They just (for whatever reason) had a "cheapie" quality about them that I didn't like.

I have a personal love for Zingers. The twinkie-like cakes with the red glaze and coconut. :mrgreen:

LOL - Oh man - not Snowballs. Tallahassee's arch nemesis? :(

Oh well - I'm posting the damned clip, anyway.

Twinkies are back. Cool man. I know that's gotta make a lot of reefer heads happy.

Same here. I never was a Little Debbie fan. They just (for whatever reason) had a "cheapie" quality about them that I didn't like.

I'm not sure exactly what it is about them. It could be just that I was used to Hostess, and I just never thought Little Debbie was as good.

I was raised on them. Hostess was hit or miss in my area growing up but Little Debbie's were everywhere

The opposite goes in my experience. :mrgreen:

Yes - why is this? There's something just gross tasting about Little Debbie anythings. Some are just OK and most are just gross.

I don't know. They just seem to have a weird flavor and texture IMO. It's almost as if they were low-fat or something.

The opposite goes in my experience. :mrgreen:

Yeah it just depends on where you live. When I lived in Yankeeland, Little debbies were the harder find but Hostess was readily available. Hostess was never that common around my parts until Walmart came to town.

I'm not sure exactly what it is about them. It could be just that I was used to Hostess, and I just never thought Little Debbie was as good.

They don't have a "rich" taste that Hostess has.

Yes, that! Also the texture of some of their cakes is not good IMO. I haven't had one in such a long time that I really can't pinpoint what it is. Maybe I'll have to go out and buy some and sample them, then I'll let you know. :lol:

Copycat recipe:

Filling
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup marshmallow creme

Ganache
3/4 cup cream
7 ounces chocolate

Icing
1/2 stick butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-1 tablespoon milk

Rich indeed.

Yum!

I bought me some of the cupcakes today. Pretty sure they are smaller. IDK.

Yes, that! Also the texture of some of their cakes is not good IMO.

It's that "grainy" texture of the sugar they use, as if it's not incorporated well, and the creamy filling isn't very creamy, lol.

It's that "grainy" texture of the sugar they use, as if it's not incorporated well, and the creamy filling isn't very creamy, lol.

Wow! You're good lizzie! I think you nailed it. :mrgreen: You must be sampling right now!

Copycat recipe:

Filling
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup marshmallow creme

Ganache
3/4 cup cream
7 ounces chocolate

Icing
1/2 stick butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-1 tablespoon milk

Rich indeed.

Yum!

Just reading that made my butt bigger.

Thanks a lot, mags!

Copycat recipe:

Filling
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup marshmallow creme

Ganache
3/4 cup cream
7 ounces chocolate

Icing
1/2 stick butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-1 tablespoon milk

Rich indeed.

Yum!

And oh so fattening and artery clogging! :mrgreen:

:lol:
I have very sensitive taste buds, and sensory discrimination.

You should get a job on Food Network as a judge for one of those food challenges. That is considered a talent in the foodie world. :lol:

You should get a job on Food Network as a judge for one of those food challenges. That is considered a talent in the foodie world. :lol:

Ummm, I think I might end up fat if I did that, so I'll have to pass. :lol:

Ummm, I think I might end up fat if I did that, so I'll have to pass. :lol:

Good point! :lol: Still sounds like a pretty good job though! Can you imagine getting paid to eat?

Right? Never once.

Not sure you'll have a chance. Have seen one side-by-side pic that shows that the new Twinkies are smaller and a couple of articles that talk about how they don't taste the same.
The launch is set for 7-25, I think, so I hope the Twinkie gourmands will report back after their field-testing.

I wonder what the ex-employees think about their union? Remember, they wouldn't cooperate with the company at their union's recommendation?

Soooo.... what I gleaned from the article is that the product is smaller, the employees are paid less, yet the Twinkies still cost the same? Meh. I'll still buy them every now and then. They aren't something I would eat a lot (never did). It's more of a reward.

With regards to the ex employees - it reminds me of what happened to this plant in Syracuse. They were faltering. They were almost broke. They went to the employees, and said, "OK, team. We're almost broke here, so let's look at an option here. How about for 1 year, you work for $3 less an hour. At the end of the year, we should be back on the uptick, and you'll not only get your $3 back, you'll get your normal yearly raise as well." The employees refused, and the plant went broke. The company closed the plant and move the jobs to somewhere out in the Midwest, if I remember correctly. So they were so greedy, they ended up without a job. Hard to feel sorry for people in that situation, honestly. They were making like $20 an hour, and they couldn't live on $17? I think they were bluffing, and the plant called their bluff.

Back
Top Bottom