• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will win... watch him win

Hamilton is more than just a musical, perchance Federalist Papers 68 will help.
You're asking this man to go out of his way and read a paper that possesses nothing in the way of large print, or pretty pictures...

I wish you well on that endeavor.

I mean, you can be upset about it all you want. But Majority doesn't always rule in the US, and the EC exists, so that alone shows that the Founders sought to balance out populist democracy with the rights of States and the Individual.

Not quite why they installed the EC, at least according to Hamilton. The worry was the unwashed masses would be prone to vote for a populist, so we needed the elite to protect us from that. The unwashed masses chose the elites who would choose the president. States rights did not enter into it at all.

One of the biggest myths about the EC was that it was designed to protect small states. It does not do that now or then, nor was it designed to. Big states get a lot more electors than small states.

Not quite why they installed the EC, at least according to Hamilton. The worry was the unwashed masses would be prone to vote for a populist, so we needed the elite to protect us from that. The unwashed masses chose the elites who would choose the president. States rights did not enter into it at all.

One of the biggest myths about the EC was that it was designed to protect small states. It does not do that now or then, nor was it designed to. Big states get a lot more electors than small states.
But smaller states, midsized states get more power per elector for their votes, particularly when voter turnout is lower.

The fact that states are mentioned at all in relation to which one has more power in electing the President shows that states' rights were a factor in the EC or at least are now. Without the EC, going off of popular vote, you wouldn't need to track by state except in relation to various laws that may remain per state in general for elections. The popular vote would simply be won, regardless of where those votes came from.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Don't bet your house on it. Trump could easily get a majority, not just a plurality.

Some are actually. The Trump campaign does demographic research.

As will we all.

At least his administration is competent.

Sure it's fair. both sides knew the rules in advance.

This.

I'll quibble with the disaster part. He may look like a disaster and sound like a disaster, but his administration has been very competent. Others disagree, but I rate results over appearances.

Trump has no shot at the pop. His campaign knows it, he knows it. He’s not even bothering. He’s running on telling blue states to drop dead.

Just remember where your mirror is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will a Republican be standing behind me so I can point over my shoulder at how stupid that person is?

I think everyone can agree that Kerry's argument is more, or less. Going to be based on this "it was for the whites" prospect.

And once again, you've devolved into doing nothing more than spewing bile and now. You've shown that you can't even produce enough of a spine to prove your own convictions.

So you've been caught behaving in this manner on multiple post now. I guess that means you're completely fine with not being recognized as a legitimate source of discussion.

How do you prove someone is a racist, dude? Seriously? What the **** are you looking for??? A swastika tattooed to Trump's forehead?

You can't answer my question -- Why does Trump keep hiring people that backstab him later? I thought he "hired the best people"?

You can't answer. You have no facts, no game, and no intellect.

Will a Republican be standing behind me so I can point over my shoulder at how stupid that person is?

Since he will have elected the President, he will be there to support yet another snowflake in her hours or sorrow.

Yet you can't provide a shred of evidence that the Constitution or Madison supports your stupid interpretation of the EC. Nothing. Zilch. Except wishful thinking on your part.

Nor political parties, but there they are...

Not quite the "unwashed masses" but yes, it was to provide protection against populism. And that's right, there are concerns with populism and there do need to be protectors. The big states DO get a lot more electors than small states, the EC is the compromise between the popular vote and the State vote. Though it does ensure that smaller States need to be given heed as well and one looking to be President can't just jump over them and hit just the cities. I believe Hamilton also mentioned something to that accord.

Of course SCOTUS struck down the unfaithful elector, which was a key part in the EC as well.

Since he will have elected the President, he will be there to support yet another snowflake in her hours or sorrow.

Why would a man be standing behind a gay woman in her own home the morning after TRump is supposedly elected? Do you guys make any proposals for Americans that isn’t a) creepy and b) violating of our rights?

You do realize that we're still heavily in the mix of you and the rest of your camp. Being sore loses, going of for over three years now. Correct?

Trump is just one man. He is not our entire government. Learn to take that loss and come back stronger next time. Because continuing to act like scorned children, is only going to end up costing you this election as well. And I'll be damned if I have to go another four years with your lot crying over the loss.

sorry but your side whined and cried for 8 years with Obama do trump supporters can **** off and play in oncoming traffic for all I care.

Trunp supporters reap what they sow so You will deal with it whether you like it or not.

Trump has no shot at the pop. His campaign knows it, he knows it. He’s not even bothering. He’s running on telling blue states to drop dead.
Right. We can tell because of the copious research you have shown us. Oh. Wait.

That research showed Trump was getting much larger turn out. He might not just get the popular vote, he may get a majority.

You need to get out more.

That research showed Trump was getting much larger turn out. He might not just get the popular vote, he may get a majority.

Trump lost by 3m votes 4 years ago. Your argument requires believing that he has bridged that gap and will exceed it.

There is zero data that gets you there. I could get out and walk to CHINA and back, still wouldn’t make your wishcasting anything other than wishcasting.

He may initially get the majority (and declare victory:rolleyes:), but only because of the corrupt plan by the republicans to rig the election, by losing, destroying, and throwing out legal mail-in ballots.
Let's be realistic, there will be an investigation into it, and it will not end well for Trump and his fellow criminals.
I've been asking democrats to vote in person for months in an attempt to derail this un-American and hideously illegal republican plan. Wear a mask, practice social distancing and vote in-person, and it will be fine, but it already may be too late to avoid the scandal, the dems may have played right into it.

Millions of Democrats walked away Fred Dobbs.

Are you paid in U.S. dollars or rubles for promoting Putin’s bogus astroturfing “walkaway“ campaign?

“Straka’s “movement” is really an astroturfed social media campaign that has been amplified by both Infowars and Russian bots. Since early July, when the hashtag began to trend on Twitter, Straka himself has appeared on multiple Infowarsshows to promote his so-called movement, and an analysis of the hashtag on Twitter found it to be a “psychological operation” aimed at shaping conversations in cable news segments, such as his appearance on Fox & Friends. According to multiple analyses, the hashtag's spread was largely driven by non-human activity, and accounts that tweeted in support of the “movement” had used pro-Trump hashtags such as #maga, #fakenews, and #qanon before they “walked away” from the Democratic Party. Moreover, according to Snopes, the campaign’s supporters have promoted the hashtag with misleading stock photos of people who had supposedly “walked away” from the Democratic Party, though Straka claims the photos were not actually created by the campaign itself.

I put no stock at all on the democrats posting here. The people will make Trump win.
“The people” didn’t elect Trump in 2016, and there’s no logical reason to believe it’ll be different this year.

Trump lost by 3m votes 4 years ago. Your argument requires believing that he has bridged that gap and will exceed it. There is zero data that gets you there. I could get out and walk to CHINA and back, still wouldn’t make your wishcasting anything other than wishcasting.
Trump did not lose four years ago. You need to get a grip on that misconception.

There is also not zero data showing Trump will bridge the gap. You just refuse to examine it. There is also data that shows Biden will underperform Hillary. Add the improving economy and you get Trump in a landslide.

I put no stock at all on the democrats posting here. The people will make Trump win.
I never post things like this. I honestly didn't think he was going to be clinton. I knew there was a possibility and a chance and a slim chance but
The race was simply too tight to call.

The same goes here. This race is neck and neck. Biden can very much turn a ton of voters off during the debates and I expect him to do just that.
During the debates trump needs to just stay on point.

He had a great economy before the virus etc ...
People that make these types of claims are eating crow at the end.

This race is neck and neck and anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

“The people” didn’t elect Trump in 2016, and there’s no logical reason to believe it’ll be different this year.
actually they did elect trump.
you are not paying attention that is why trump is the president.

Trump did not lose four years ago. You need to get a grip on that misconception.

There is also not zero data showing Trump will bridge the gap. You just refuse to examine it. There is also data that shows Biden will underperform Hillary. Add the improving economy and you get Trump in a landslide.

So we go from “majority” to landslide. What is the economy improving from, I wonder? What does that data do to your incoming landslide that everyone isn’t seeing?

And yet, if Trump loses that is exactly what he will do. Trump is ALWAYS a sore loser.
says the people that have been crying and whining for 4 years because they lost.
this is another pot meet kettle moment from your typical leftist.

He may initially get the majority (and declare victory:rolleyes:), but only because of the corrupt plan by the republicans to rig the election, by losing, destroying, and throwing out legal mail-in ballots. Let's be realistic, there will be an investigation into it, and it will not end well for Trump and his fellow criminals.I've been asking democrats to vote in person for months in an attempt to derail this un-American and hideously illegal republican plan. Wear a mask, practice social distancing and vote in-person, and it will be fine, but it already may be too late to avoid the scandal, the dems may have played right into it.
This sounds suspiciously like you endorse preemptive cheating.

Don't worry. The margin will be such that there is no doubt Trump won.

Back
Top Bottom