• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will win... watch him win

It's not a ****ed up system. The major cities aren't the important aspects of the Republic. The entire Republic matters, and thus the EC is the compromise between popularism and the sovereignty of States. The more populated States still have the most EC votes, but one cannot ignore the middle of America to win office on a Federal level such as President.

The EC is fine, and Hillary blew it. It sucks because Trump turned out to be one hell of a disaster of a President, but Hillary blew it. I do believe that the Democrats shot themselves in the foot by nominating Biden, but he'll just have to do a better job than Hillary at capturing the EC votes. I don't want NY, Chicago, and LA to dominate the office which is supposed to represent us all. The Democrats just need to learn to not suck so bad is all.

It's absolutely a ****ed-up system. Voters in Utah or Nebraska should not have more power than voters in large cities. But that is exactly what you are advocating. And I doubt you can explain why.

Hillary "blew it" by winning by 3 million votes? Yeah, got it. Brilliant logic. It certainly didn't help that stupid Comey and the FBI were more focused on Clinton and her stupid emails than investigating Trump's ties to Russia. And why didn't this FBI investigation of Trump get revealed until after the election? That was not fair to Clinton, because Trump being a potential traitor is far more serious than Clinton's emails.

The "Will of the People" is a popular position and implies the aggregate popular vote. So the "will of the people" does not get one to Presidency who does not win the popular vote. The Electoral College gets one to Presidency who does not win the popular vote. If one wins the Electoral College and also captures the popular vote, they can then be said to be there by the Will of the People.

It's not really that difficult.
So now it seems like you're content to just slap those in the face, who voted for him in earnest?
As though to just belittle their own actions, by saying "It just wasn't good enough" for me.

Even when Obama won his second term and I abstained from voting that year. He was still "My" president by all rights and facilitations. I did not seek to belittle his office, or how he came into taking his seat.

My problems were with him, his actions and his policies. Nothing more beyond that.

I never accused Trump of stealing the first election. So what's your ****ing point?

He is President now, he is a mentally ill corrupt mother ****er, and he will most definitely try to steal this election.

Trump is President NOW. Not Joe Biden. If you want law & order, then get your racist President to fix it.

I don't know how old you are or how healthy you are, but kiss your Social Security goodbye and kiss your Obamacare/Medicare goodbye. That's what you suckers want and that's what you suckers will get.
If all you can do is spew bile and nonsense.
Then how can you ever hope to taken seriously?

You've called him mental ill, which you cannot prove.
You've called him corrupt, which you'd have to prove as well.
And now you've dropped the ball and attempted to call him racist. Which is something that your camp has failed to prove for a very long time now.

You were asked a direct and simple question, and all you could do was apparently vomit across your keyboard.

Trump MIGHT win the electoral college again, but no way will he win the popular vote. So no, if Trump wins it's not because of the people.
Don't bet your house on it. Trump could easily get a majority, not just a plurality.

Those enormous crowds to see Trump are not Democrats.
Some are actually. The Trump campaign does demographic research.

I shall recall who is stupid.
As will we all.

Trump most likely will win because he's going to steal the election. And this country is ****ing finished if that happens. And kiss your Social Security good bye pal when that happens.
At least his administration is competent.

It's absolutely a ****ed-up system. Voters in Utah or Nebraska should not have more power than voters in large cities. But that is exactly what you are advocating. And I doubt you can explain why. Hillary "blew it" by winning by 3 million votes? Yeah, got it. Brilliant logic. It certainly didn't help that stupid Comey and the FBI were more focused on Clinton and her stupid emails than investigating Trump's ties to Russia. And why didn't this FBI investigation of Trump get revealed until after the election? That was not fair to Clinton, because Trump being a potential traitor is far more serious than Clinton's emails.
Sure it's fair. both sides knew the rules in advance.

It's not a ****ed up system. The major cities aren't the important aspects of the Republic. The entire Republic matters, and thus the EC is the compromise between popularism and the sovereignty of States. The more populated States still have the most EC votes, but one cannot ignore the middle of America to win office on a Federal level such as President.
This.

The EC is fine, and Hillary blew it. It sucks because Trump turned out to be one hell of a disaster of a President, but Hillary blew it. I do believe that the Democrats shot themselves in the foot by nominating Biden, but he'll just have to do a better job than Hillary at capturing the EC votes. I don't want NY, Chicago, and LA to dominate the office which is supposed to represent us all. The Democrats just need to learn to not suck so bad is all.
I'll quibble with the disaster part. He may look like a disaster and sound like a disaster, but his administration has been very competent. Others disagree, but I rate results over appearances.

So now it seems like you're content to just slap those in the face, who voted for him in earnest?
As though to just belittle their own actions, by saying "It just wasn't good enough" for me.

Even when Obama won his second term and I abstained from voting that year. He was still "My" president by all rights and facilitations. I did not seek to belittle his office, or how he came into taking his seat.

My problems were with him, his actions and his policies. Nothing more beyond that.
I'm not slapping anyone in the face. People voted for Trump, just not the majority of people. Thus he isn't there by the Will of the People, which would assume popular vote. But rather because we have a system to balance popularism with the States.

I'm not slapping anyone in the face. People voted for Trump, just not the majority of people. Thus he isn't there by the Will of the People, which would assume popular vote. But rather because we have a system to balance popularism with the States.
So your distinction hinges on a difference of around 3 million people?

It's absolutely a ****ed-up system. Voters in Utah or Nebraska should not have more power than voters in large cities. But that is exactly what you are advocating. And I doubt you can explain why.

Hillary "blew it" by winning by 3 million votes? Yeah, got it. Brilliant logic. It certainly didn't help that stupid Comey and the FBI were more focused on Clinton and her stupid emails than investigating Trump's ties to Russia. And why didn't this FBI investigation of Trump get revealed until after the election? That was not fair to Clinton, because Trump being a potential traitor is far more serious than Clinton's emails.
Because the States matter. We're a Republic, built from the many States as well as the People. Both groups have say in the future of the Republic. It got ****ed up last time because both "popular" options were absolute shit. It will get ****ed up this time for the same reason. Hillary blew it because she didn't capture the necessary ECs out of the MidWest to win. LA alone isn't the decider of who represents the Republic on whole. The entire Republic has say in that. So yes, we balance out popularism with the States by having an EC system, where in the most populated states still have the most EC votes, but one in which a candidate must campaign in more than just the major cities.

So your distinction hinges on a difference of around 3 million people?
Quite a few folk, yes? Trump still won, he captured the necessary ECs to win the office. Hillary ****ed up by not campaigning in the MidWest as well as she should have. It's just that Trump doesn't have popular support and thus it's not by the Will of the People, as that assumes popular support.

Even though "the will of the people" did get them to the presidency?

Because it sounds oddly reminiscent of those people who kept clamoring that he was not their president, simply for not wining the popular vote. Which, given the case of 2016. Hillary only won the popular vote by a incredibly slim margin. So all in all, it just sounds like another way to try and delegitimize what was a legitimate action.

3 million votes and 48% - 46% is not an "incredibly slim margin".

And unless Biden wins huge, by like 10%, Trump will steal the election. Heck, he may get awa
If all you can do is spew bile and nonsense.
Then how can you ever hope to taken seriously?

You've called him mental ill, which you cannot prove.
You've called him corrupt, which you'd have to prove as well.
And now you've dropped the ball and attempted to call him racist. Which is something that your camp has failed to prove for a very long time now.

You were asked a direct and simple question, and all you could do was apparently vomit across your keyboard.

You don't cuss and I don't take you seriously.

Why do I need to prove it? His own ****ing NIECE says the ****er is crazy. That's good enough for me.

I can't prove he is corrupt? Read John Bolton's book. Read the 500 books that have been written about this corrupt ****.

Trump is absolutely a racist. Which is why he spewed that birther bullshit about Obama. Which is why he called the Nazis in Charlottesville "fine people". **** that racist.

And you still haven't answered the question -- Trump is president NOW. Why doesn't he fix the law and order bullshit you're whining about?

Quite a few folk, yes? Trump still won, he captured the necessary ECs to win the office. Hillary ****ed up by not campaigning in the MidWest as well as she should have. It's just that Trump doesn't have popular support and thus it's not by the Will of the People, as that assumes popular support.
In a country of around 330 million. I find those margins to be rather slim.

Because the States matter. We're a Republic, built from the many States as well as the People. Both groups have say in the future of the Republic. It got ****ed up last time because both "popular" options were absolute shit. It will get ****ed up this time for the same reason. Hillary blew it because she didn't capture the necessary ECs out of the MidWest to win. LA alone isn't the decider of who represents the Republic on whole. The entire Republic has say in that. So yes, we balance out popularism with the States by having an EC system, where in the most populated states still have the most EC votes, but one in which a candidate must campaign in more than just the major cities.

Republic is synonymous with democracy. There was no difference to the founding fathers. "Republic" was a much more common term than "democracy" in the 18th century. So that ends that tired Republican argument.

The entire Republic does get a "say". That's why a person in Nebraska gets 1 vote, just like a person in Chicago gets 1 vote. Why is the person in Nebraska so special that he gets more power when deciding a president? LA doesn't represent the whole country? Guess what -- small states with 500,000 people like Utah, Alaska, Nebraska, etc.. don't represent the whole country, either.

In a country of around 330 million. I find those margins to be rather slim.
I'm sure you would, but math is as math is, and as math is, Trump did not capture popular support and thus cannot be said to have been elected by the "Will of the People". If "Will of the People" were the sole factor in electing President, Hillary would have won.

Republic is synonymous with democracy. There was no difference to the founding fathers. "Republic" was a much more common term than "democracy" in the 18th century. So that ends that tired Republican argument.

The entire Republic does get a "say". That's why a person in Nebraska gets 1 vote, just like a person in Chicago gets 1 vote. Why is the person in Nebraska so special that he gets more power when deciding a president? LA doesn't represent the whole country? Guess what -- small states with 500,000 people like Utah, Alaska, Nebraska, etc.. don't represent the whole country, either.
The Founders specifically built in a system to counter popularism. A Republic is not synonymous with democracy as there are many various forms of democratic systems. This is a specific one, built of the Many States and The People. And as such, the entire Republic DOES get a say. That's why we have the EC. This is simple fact. The EC exists, it's part of our Republic. Agreed upon by all who joined the Republic.

3 million votes and 48% - 46% is not an "incredibly slim margin".

And unless Biden wins huge, by like 10%, Trump will steal the election. Heck, he may get awa

You don't cuss and I don't take you seriously.

Why do I need to prove it? His own ****ing NIECE says the ****er is crazy. That's good enough for me.

I can't prove he is corrupt? Read John Bolton's book. Read the 500 books that have been written about this corrupt ****.

Trump is absolutely a racist. Which is why he spewed that birther bullshit about Obama. Which is why he called the Nazis in Charlottesville "fine people". **** that racist.

And you still haven't answered the question -- Trump is president NOW. Why doesn't he fix the law and order bullshit you're whining about?
Books have been based on lies before, people have lied about one another on multiple occasion and you, nor anyone else has been able to prove the racism claims for years now.

Hell, you directly lied right there:
*Which is why he called the Nazis in Charlottesville "fine people". **** that racist*
This is the exact same kind of crap that gets the majority of your camp just laughed off the page. Because he condemned those people in the exact same sentence and said that he was not talking about them.

And the fact that someone even entertained birtherism, is not an indication of racism. Seeing as "race" was not the actual factor of the discussion. So right there, you're directly lying about the man once again.

As to "why" he can't fix anything going on in these states. It's rather simple.
He's the president. He does not possess the power to affect the states at that level. So when he looks at the democrat governors and mayors, then ask them if they need help and they spit in his face.
They are pretty much making their own bed to lay in at this point. So there is no reason that I can actually blame him for what's happening.

Don't bet your house on it. Trump could easily get a majority, not just a plurality.

Some are actually. The Trump campaign does demographic research.

As will we all.

At least his administration is competent.

Sure it's fair. both sides knew the rules in advance.

This.

I'll quibble with the disaster part. He may look like a disaster and sound like a disaster, but his administration has been very competent. Others disagree, but I rate results over appearances.

200,000 dead. Millions unemployed. That's a competent President?

It's really bizarre how you Repugs pretend that Trump is a legitimate, credible president. Trump is a mentally ill corrupt buffoon with a 5th grade education and a learning disability. That's why he doesn't read his PDBs -- because he wouldn't be able to understand them if he tried, anyway. And you act like this sorry sack of shit is a serious person. If he wasn't born wealthy, he would be wandering the streets homeless or in jail right now.

What does it say about you, that your political opinions and judgements are so ****ing horrible???

I'm sure you would, but math is as math is, and as math is, Trump did not capture popular support and thus cannot be said to have been elected by the "Will of the People". If "Will of the People" were the sole factor in electing President, Hillary would have won.
Then that would've been the majority beating down on the minority. Which is not what the country was founded on.

Books have been based on lies before, people have lied about one another on multiple occasion and you, nor anyone else has been able to prove the racism claims for years now.

*Which is why he called the Nazis in Charlottesville "fine people". **** that racist*
This is the exact same kind of crap that gets the majority of your camp just laughed off the page. Because he condemned those people in the exact same sentence and said that he was not talking about them.

And the fact that someone even entertained birtherism, is not an indication of racism. Seeing as "race" was not the actual factor of the discussion. So right there, you're directly lying about the man once again.

He's the president. He does not possess the power to affect the states at that level. So when he looks at the democrat governors and mayors, then ask them if they need help and they spit in his face.
They are pretty much making their own bed to lay in at this point. So there is no reason that I can actually blame him for what's happening.

Trump is a racist. And everyone that supports that Nazi **** is also a racist. Hence, why Trump won the Repug nomination. Trump was the biggest, nastiest racist of all 17 of those Repug dumb ****s, which is why Trump won the nomination. That's what Repug voters want, because they are self-absorbed bullies and racists as well.

OK, so following your logic, NO president can provide law and order in cities. So what the **** are you whining about? It looks like to me that you're saying Trump incites violence, but is powerless to do anything about it. A good reason to get rid of the ****er.

Then that would've been the majority beating down on the minority. Which is not what the country was founded on.
Which is why, in part, we have an EC. The minority does sometimes win. But the minority is not the "Will of the People". It is an artifact of a system we created to balance out the Will of the People with the States and the rights of the individual.

Yes, I know...everyone lies except Trump. This is what all Trump cultist suckers believe.

And if Trump's NIECE says that Trump is crazy, then the mother ****er is ****ing crazy.

Trump is a racist. And everyone that supports that Nazi **** is also a racist. Hence, why Trump won the Repug nomination. Trump was the biggest, nastiest racist of all 17 of those Repug dumb ****s, which is why Trump won the nomination. That's what Repug voters want, because they are self-absorbed bullies and racists as well.

OK, so following your logic, NO president can provide law and order in cities. So what the **** are you whining about? It looks like to me that you're saying Trump incites violence, but is powerless to do anything about it. A good reason to get rid of the ****er.
So once again you're just spewing bile and calling people racist, with no real way of actually proving it.

Then you doubled down on the same idiotic notion and claimed that Trump was inciting violence.

So now, can you actually provide any proof that he's either racist, or inciting violence?

Yes, I know...everyone lies except Trump. This is what all Trump cultist suckers believe.

And if Trump's NIECE says that Trump is crazy, then the mother ****er is ****ing crazy.
Still more bile and no substance.

Which is why, in part, we have an EC. The minority does sometimes win. But the minority is not the "Will of the People". It is an artifact of a system we created to balance out the Will of the People with the States and the rights of the individual.
So what is it that you're really standing for here. The right for everyone to have equal representation, or for the majority to just beat down on the other and tell them how things are going to be?

The Founders specifically built in a system to counter popularism. A Republic is not synonymous with democracy as there are many various forms of democratic systems. This is a specific one, built of the Many States and The People. And as such, the entire Republic DOES get a say. That's why we have the EC. This is simple fact. The EC exists, it's part of our Republic. Agreed upon by all who joined the Republic.

How do you know the Founders built a system to counter "popularism". Where does it say that in the Constitution? Where does it say in the Constitution that each state must select the candidate that got the most votes in their state? Answer - nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom