• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Wanted to Order Justice Dept. to Prosecute Comey and Clinton

Irrelevant to the fact that he wanted one started and had to be talked down and out of his rank, pathological stupidity, thinking he could just order one on a whim.

And...? Thats why he has advisors on the payroll.
Nothing happened.

And...? Thats why he has advisors on the payroll.
Nothing happened.

I never claimed anything did happen. The matter at hand is trump's utter pig-ignorance of how the gov't works and his authoritarian desires to use the DOJ to prosecute his political rivals.

Duh.

I never claimed anything did happen. The matter at hand is trump's utter pig-ignorance of how the gov't works and his authoritarian desires to use the DOJ to prosecute his political rivals.

Duh.

I would suspect Trump might feel the same way toward McGahn and others should the subject be the intricacies of the high end real estate market.
Mountains out of nothing.

Meanwhile, the Dems are quite vocal about using their power to launch investigations into THEIR political adversaries...
Nothing to see there apparently.

You can make statements of you want.

Prosecuting someone does NOT indicate guilt. A TRIAL PROCESS is DUE process. If Clinton is NOT guilty of a crime, her Defense would have substantiated evidence to refute any CASE against the Prosecution.

THAT is DUE process FOR BOTH side of Justice.

IS IT, or IS IT NOT a potential crime to have a private server not monitored or preserved by the .GOV and HAVE Classified Materials pass through this server? YES OR NO. does not matter if it was HRC. THIS IS the "POTENTIAL" crime that should have bee prosecuted by the DOJ. its NOT the DOJ/AG responsibility to deem it a matter and take the conclusion of the FBI. The FBI provides the evidence.

PUT in all your talking points. JUSTICE and the way thing work are

If a Crime has been committed its investigated. If those responsible for committing the crime is identified (They will be charged with said crime) This does NOT mean they are guilty they are just charged.

They GO to Court to presume and establish their innocence. The COURTS decided if there is ENOUGH evidence to find them guilty or not. THATS the process....PERIOD.

What??? Demanding that someone that multiple investigations that found that there was insufficient evidence to justify the bringing of criminal charges be prosecuted anyway. Is not due process. That's presumption of guilt. It's also political intimidation and really an actual witch hunt.

I would suspect Trump might feel the same way toward McGahn and others should the subject be the intricacies of the high end real estate market.
Mountains out of nothing.

Meanwhile, the Dems are quite vocal about using their power to launch investigations into THEIR political adversaries...
Nothing to see there apparently.

What an odd spin on things.

There is plenty of credible evidence of multiple counts of criminal wrongdoing on the part of his administration, his businesses and his laughable charitable foundation, to say nothing of his documented decades long tax-scams. The House GOP turned a blind eye and/or ran interference for him, utterly failing in their duty to act as a check on the executive branch. Those days are over.

Don't like it? That's how the legislative branch is supposed to work.

Wait.....

1) You stated "CLEARLY Violated Department Policy" This is NOW the State department Policy, in regards to Classified Material. THIS is where the Prosecutions Responsibility to pursue those legal charges.

2) You can tell me to Shut up all I want. I have been in the military and I have been briefed on sensitive material and handling I was NEVER a Cabinet member NOR a Secretary of STATE yet the penalties of MISHANDLING Classified material was GREAT. PERIOD.....

3) It is NOT your call nor mine to say what is NOT prosecutable criminal cast that is UP to the PROSECUTION TO BRING those charges, WHICH AG Lynch REFUSED TO DO, You state. SHE indeed Violated department policy. This is NOT McDonalds and sneaking french fries.....

4) All decision were made in keep with standards? Are you sure about this.
4a) Cheryl Mill a co-defendant was IN the room WITH the FBI Agent & HRC acting as HRC's legal council having the same interview together when they are BOTH involved in the Server HOW is that standards and traditional? (IS this a talking point and a baseless accusation or is this FACT?)
4b) Was there a records Request through a Subpoena? Was records (physical and digital) Destroyed by Clinton AIDES AFTER the Subpoena. YES or NO is this FACT or is this a baseless accusation.
4c) AG Lynch Met with the "Targets" Husband ON the Tarmac prior to her interview ( HOW IS THIS STANDARDS and Traditions?) Then by "optics" she refused to recuse herself? Session did NOTHING legally Wrong, but recused himself from the Russia investigation .... THATS Standards and Tradition.

Ivanka is NOT Facing Similar Accusations.

She is being accused of using a private email through a public host NOT through a PRIVATE Personal Server.

Secondly HRC had it for 2 years with CLASSIFIED material

We DO NOT know what was transmitted YET there is NO evidence of illegal or UN warranted personal communications that VIOLATED and "department policies" as you stated. (DUE PROCESS MUCH????)

Dont tell me to Shut up and move on when you LACK the fairness to judge BOTH parties FAIRLY and NOT even acknowledge that a prosecution does NOT indicate GUILT. It is the process to PROVE guilty or NOT guilty that is OUR justice system that is FAIR and should be for ALL.

1. LOL! Department policy is the same as saying workplace or company policy. Yes if you violate the policies of your employer you are subject to being sanctioned or penalized for it. Such as suspension, demotion, censure, termination, etc. Not criminal charges or sanctions.

2. I didn't tell you specifically to shut up and thank you for service but it really doesn't mean anything as far this conversation is concerned.

3. Multiple people besides just Lynch and Comey throughout the multiple levels of the FBI and DOJ that have conducted and overseen the investigation reached those conclusions as well.

4 a,b, and c. All those thing were addressed in the Inspector General's report. And while Inspector General was not pleased with Comey bucking DOJ standard practices by announcing the determination and Lynch's semi-recusal in deferring to the Director and the presence of Ms Mills. The IG also made the determination that none of those had unduly influenced or impacted the decisions made in the course of the investigation and he set out some recommendations for policy or practices reinforcement and or modifications to them. Th IG was also critical of Mr Comey's unorthodox statement explaining why charges were not brought forward saying that in doing so the rights of Ms Clinton were negatively impacted. Sessions misstated the nature of contacts with Russians to a US Senator and he played a prominent role in the Trump campaign which the special counsel is charged with investigating. His recusal was proper.

And finally yes Ivanka finds herself in a similar fix of using a private email account and your last paragraph is too stupid to be deserving of any further comment. Just simply refer back to #2.

Last edited:
What an odd spin on things.

There is plenty of credible evidence of multiple counts of criminal wrongdoing on the part of his administration, his businesses and his laughable charitable foundation, to say nothing of his documented decades long tax-scams. The House GOP turned a blind eye and/or ran interference for him, utterly failing in their duty to act as a check on the executive branch. Those days are over.

Don't like it? That's how the legislative branch is supposed to work.

And a job of the executive branch is to enforce the laws of the USA. Even against the executive's political adversaries.

Really? Mueller is obstructing justice now?

Don't be silly. If you had actually read the statutes concerning the special counsel you would know Mueller being an inferior officer can only advocate or recommend for a indictment and prosecution. The Attorney General makes those decisions. Not Mueller.

The Democrats have been saying since Election Day all the investigations they intend to launch come January. Some have said they will seek to impeach.
Will the Democrats actually follow through on all their ruthless authoritarian Putin like tendencies? Maybe they will mellow out and be responsible.
Maybe they will follow Trump's example and NOT launch an investigation.

Funny how it's not the same when the Republicans do and have done all those things.

Funny how it's not the same when the Republicans do and have done all those things.

Hey-- if the Dems want to launch investigations into Trump go right ahead.
But let us avoid all the holier than thou moralizing about their motives.

Actually there is evidence it was used in the Carter Page FISA Warrant and the 3 renewal application as evidence why they needed to surveil Carter Page. All evidence must be verified BEFORE it is used for evidence to obtain a warrant to surveil an American citizen. They have email indicating they knew the dossier was unverified. They listed the fact that the DNC had funded it in an obscure footnote. They did not clearly tell the judge that one campaign had funded the opposition information in the dossier on the other campaign. They have emails that contain exculpatory evidence that the FBI?DOJ did not provide the judge. That is a fraud upon the court. That is the reason Rosenstein fought tooth and nail not to release the application to his bosses the intelligence committee.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/20/christopher-steele-hedges-russia-dossier-claims-ag/

Including material used for the original warrant for subsequent renewals is simply standard practice. There was nothing obscure about the description of relationship between dossier and the DNC. It accounted for a full page and a half in the application aside from the footnote. Plus the fact that it was renewed is proof that surveillance was productive in providing new and additional information justifying renewal of the original warrant.

probably waiting to see what the IG and Huber finds because they are investigating it NOW.

Don't know if he has enough life expectancy left to wait for that.

And a job of the executive branch is to enforce the laws of the USA. Even against the executive's political adversaries.

No one has argued otherwise, and this isn't about that. This is about Trump's pig-ignorance and desire to use the DOJ as a weapon.

Hey-- if the Dems want to launch investigations into Trump go right ahead.
But let us avoid all the holier than thou moralizing about their motives.

When it comes to Trump and Nunes we are waaay past having to worry about being called holier than thou.

As long as the republikkkans control the senate - there is ZERO chance of the orange turd being impeached. The republikkkans have put trump's best interests ahead of the countries.

Even former critics Cruz, Rubio, Flake, Donnelly, Ryan, Collins , Graham have jumped over to the satanic side and are goosestepping and saluting their dear leader.

Bill Maher thinks that Trump has a team that finds out damning information about these guys - every last one used to speak out against him and now???jmnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Are all Presidential orders to investigate politicizing the DOJ ??

I'm not familiar with any Nixon ordered investigations to impede the Watergate investigations

Really??? Did you forget the Saturday night massacre?? Wasn't that trying to impede the investigation?? Or are we calling it something different now??

Whats Wrong with Prosecuting HRC and Comey.

If there was a concern of wrong doing shouldnt they BE Adjudicated? If AG Lynch Refused to prosecute its NOT her JOB, to say if she wants to or not she just does it and lets the FACTS and Evidence make the determination of guilty or NOT.

SO WHAT if Trump WANTED them Prosecuted... If the Evidence factual proved them innocent then whats the problem.???

Funny.. Having a Private Server for 2 years with 10+ documents marked as classified. A witness and a co defendant in the same room during an FBI interview?

Comey leaked FBI documentation to a private citizen....

These are FACTUAL accusation with factual documented events that IF prospected and displayed to a court/jury/judge there would be a FAIR determination of guilt.

What happend with Kavanaugh? What about the Russian Collusion.

NO Factual basis no underlying crime.... just unverified accusation..... THERE was a Private Server, MEMO's that belonged to the FBI Where given to a layer friend.... FACTUAL basis.....

Hillary was investigated 9 times - you just don't like the damn answer.

...and, I dare say, more than they hate America and the Constitution, which apparently they do since their hate for the left seems to have them look the other way at Trump's assault on democracy, freedom, freedom of the press, the rule of law and fundamental American institutions including the courts, the FBI, the DoJ, the CIA, the NSA and the Navy Seals. I am convinced that if I put together a poll asking why people support Trump, the answer that he drives liberals nuts will be the #1 answer.

It seems American democracy is a small price to pay to have liberals go nuts. It amazes me how "hate" leads to irrationality.

:applaud:applaud:applaud

I hate being put in this position.... I'm not a Trump supporter, I didn't vote for him, and even if I could turn back the clock, I still wouldn't vote for him. In other words, I'm not a Trump fan at all, yet here I am once again being put in the position where I have to defend the clown.

Basically, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with your crowd.

It's been 2 years for Christ's sake... People need to stop whining, learn to live with it like the rest of us and move on with their lives. Pissing and moaning about Trump 24/7 accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Are you really that much of a victim that you blame others for "making" you stick up for him??
WOW

Depends on the age of the tree doesn’t it. The bottom line is Trump was naive to believe the law should apply to everyone.

Well actually he doesn't believe that at all. It should apply to nearly everyone BUT him.
There is that distinction.

I know right? As long as your kids weren’t getting killed in Beenghazi it was just propaganda. :roll::doh

Hmm really?? You seem to feel the same way about kids getting shot in school. As long as it isn't yours? Right??

LOL!

There is no evidence that the dossier or the intelligence in it is fake.
There is no evidence that is was illegally used to misrepresent anything.
They never stated is wasn't verified.
There was no exculpatory evidence.

I suggest knowing what you're talking about before actually talking.

Fake news?? Alternative Facts???

I guess that depends on whether you like dictators or not.........

Stop blabbering MSM talking points, what has Trump did that makes him a dictator, was it that prison reform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom