• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Town Hall

The left often to deny who they really are. Take border policy for one example. They strenuously deny that they are for open borders and yet every single thing they do proves they are for open borders. They have zero plan whatsoever to stop illegal immigration and, in fact, encourage it at every turn.

Right! No one was arrested and returned over the border during the Obama administration. I remember that clearly. ;-)

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

The left have been scaring the Bejesus out of voters for decades. Voters have gotten to the point they don't believe the Democrats anymore. That's how Trump won in 2016.

it appears like you're backing a one term President who is a massive liar and cheats customers out of money, runs a corrupt charity, is a serial adulterer and plays Christians for their votes (while being as non Christian as he can be).

and now he got slapped around during a Town Hall by ordinary folds and a mod (while massively lying even more).

you're the Nixon supporter who believed he did nothing wrong all the way to his death.

So, what makes you think Biden is going to win this time around?

you mean other than Trump downplaying an attack (a virus) that killed tons of your Republican brothers and sisters.

look. turn the TV and radio off until the election. your honor and integrity may return.

The Republican peasants don't want Obamacare.

and yet they want a ton of stuff that is IN Obamacare.

and if they say they don't, then they're more stupid than i thought.

yeah. i'm sure you don't see it.

your boy was beat up last night. does it feel good?

???? again, wtf ? wth are you going on about ? Nixon ? beat up ?
gimme' a clue here .. what's your topic ?

Can't believe a Trumpster didn't start a live thread...

Wait, I can. This thing is a dumpster fire. Not watching, I never watch Trump live, too much bull****. But the quotes and clips...yikes.

Here Trump lies about healthcare, gets called out, and claims he already has a plan (that he's promised on multiple occasions).

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1306044841579679744

Seriously, Trumpsters, how do you believe in this bull****?

It is unbelievable how this administration is always saying things and then denying having said them................all according to the temperature of the water.

???? again, wtf ? wth are you going on about ? Nixon ? beat up ?
gimme' a clue here .. what's your topic ?

you wouldn't understand. you've tucked tail for your boy. he be your daddy.

You should worry. The polls are getting closer and closer. Of course those watching a fake news network will think that Trump did badly. I thought he did OK. He could have done better but is was an OK performance for anyone who wasn't anti-Trump to begin with.

Lol...Of course you thought he did okay. And no, it was not an "Ok" performance he failed terribly. I do worry about how close this election will be, any sane person would be worried about this "special genius" running our country for another four years. What I am not worried about is Biden going up against Trump in the debates, especially after this live dumpster fire we just witnessed at this town hall.

Oh please. Why aren't Californians masking up? And don't give me any crap about it is only Trump supporters. Facts prove it is the young invincible liberals under age 30 who can't live their lives without partying, going to bars, going to beaches, and going to protests. If they aren't going to listen to Newsome they aren't going to listen to Trump and they aren't going to listen to Biden either.

If the students don't follow protocol and wear a mask, they aren't going to get an education, either.

Colleges crack down on student behavior as virus threatens more closures - POLITICO

So much for higher learning.

100% false. I understand why the GOP tries to scurry away from its record on health care every election, but its votes, its executive actions, its judicial chicanery are all out in the open for everyone to see. There's no "replacement" for the pre-existing protections they've been trying to gut. There never has been, there never will be.

To stand there and lie to that woman's face while he's in court trying to bring back pre-existing conditions was disgusting.

I don't understand why he doesn't just tell the truth on this. The Republicans supposedly won on fighting and repealing the ACA.
They said from the beginning they wanted the government out of healthcare and for things to go back to the way it was. But they didn't want Medicare touched. So why not just say we want the ACA destroyed and for things to go back the way it was, that's why we don't have a plan, we don't need one.

Know this Trump has been spending like a drunken sailor on leave so there will be nothing left when he's gone whenever that is.

I don't understand why he doesn't just tell the truth on this. The Republicans supposedly won on fighting and repealing the ACA.
They said from the beginning they wanted the government out of healthcare and for things to go back to the way it was. But they didn't want Medicare touched. So why not just say we want the ACA destroyed and for things to go back the way it was, that's why we don't have a plan, we don't need one.

Know this Trump has been spending like a drunken sailor on leave so there will be nothing left when he's gone whenever that is.

To late. Donnie is destined to ride this horse to the end.I t's too late for what is left of the GOP as well. Said it over a year ago. Once they got to 2019 they were going to ride it out with Donnie all the way to the bitter end. Some of them might throw in the towel just before the election trying to save themselves. However with early voting I just don't see that either.

Trump’s disastrous town hall shows he should never have made mental acuity an issue.

President Trump didn't merely resort to obvious lies, he came across as confused, lost and incoherent.

Here's a condensed version of some of the many lies he spewed during the town hall:

*falsely claimed he hadn’t played down the pandemic (we know he did, and he confessed to Bob Woodward);
*falsely claimed our mortality rate was something to be envied;
*bizarrely claimed we had no ventilators when he entered office;
*repeated the oft-used lie that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden opposed his travel restrictions on China as xenophobic;
*for the bazillionth time, he falsely claimed credit for passing the Veterans Choice program (which President Barack Obama signed into law);
*falsely took credit for sending in the Minnesota National Guard during protests in May;
*wrongly claimed he had the best economy in history.

If they thought their anti-ACA positions were popular, sure, GOP politicians and their loyal mouthpieces should be shouting their position from the rooftops. The fact that they clearly recognize the need to lie about what the GOP has been doing and continues to do tells you they know exactly how popular their position is.

Opposition to Obamacare Becomes Political Liability for GOP Incumbents
Democrats Flip Open the Health Care Playbook
What Obamacare? Republican candidates go mum on health care law
Republican senators in tough races obscure their position on pre-existing conditions

Takes nearly two hours to walk from one end of downtown to the other. That's JUST downtown (from the sports fields and Pioneer Square to the Seattle Center) and that's avoiding the monster hill! Try driving it in bad traffic!
And I'm picturing the firetruck rolling down the hill in 2001(?) during ice/snow storm on the news.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

A MUST read for anyone interested in the story of Seattle. A damn fun read too, you'll like it, I can nearly guarantee.

601277._SX318_.jpg

Seattle is huge. And has hills, that suck to have to walk up with luggage.

Walking straight up the hill from the ferry on Marion? OMG you best be a triathlete!

I am seriously watching this **** show... it is amazing that Trump has the support he does.

I think itś just the team leader they have. Behind closed doors, they are probably beside themselves but in public they have to stretch like Gumby to come up with answers for him.

Some of the brave ones have come up with the Lincoln project.

And I'm picturing the firetruck rolling down the hill in 2001(?) during ice/snow storm on the news.

We lived on Magnolia Hill when I was a kid for a bit. They literally have to have sorta "speed bumps" on the sidewalk for winter walking and if the snow is bad, FUGGEDDABOUDIT!!!! Queen Anne Hill is worse, parts of Capital Hill had them too. You'd almost need them in a bad rain, some of the hills, are NO joke.

And NOBODY with a Basement in Seattle doesn't face basement flood issues unless they install fancy stuff.

Walking straight up the hill from the ferry on Marion? OMG you best be a triathlete!
I took the ferry from Bremerton, and had to get to the airport. Wanted to ride the train there, and didn't want to wait for a cab (was on AT, so I would have been reimbursed). Walked from ferry to where you catch airport train with a rolling suitcase, large backpack and computer case. I was dying by the time I got to the train. It was a nice ride to the airport though.

I was on the Lincoln when she was stationed in Everett and loved going to Puget Sound shipyard for AT.

This gets to the heart of the matter. You guys claim that Trump lies and Trump is a conman and yet you want the right to vote for the party who are clearly and proudly proclaim to be anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country.

I'm kind of guilty of one out of three. A little. I'm not exactly anti-god, I just don't believe in the supernatural.

As far as anti-family goes, nothing is more anti-family than trying to strip health care away from tens of millions of Americans. I'm for health care expansion, which is seriously pro-family. I'm for child care expansion, pro-family. I'm pro access to preschools, which are great for hard working families.

Anti-country? I love that. As a retired Navy Commander, I love hearing conservatives calling liberals "anti-country." You're hilarious.

I'm kind of guilty of one out of three. A little. I'm not exactly anti-god, I just don't believe in the supernatural.

As far as anti-family goes, nothing is more anti-family than trying to strip health care away from tens of millions of Americans. I'm for health care expansion, which is seriously pro-family. I'm for child care expansion, pro-family. I'm pro access to preschools, which are great for hard working families.

Anti-country? I love that. As a retired Navy Commander, I love hearing conservatives calling liberals "anti-country." You're hilarious.

Like you, I am not a super being believer either, especially when it's used to make policies in a country such as America. Those should be separated in my opinion.

Other than that I am pro-quality of life for all people, including families, and I think that's very pro country.
My brothers served, and one died for this country. I don't know why people assume anyone who served is pro Trump.

So, it looks like it may be the God thing.

Back
Top Bottom