• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Town Hall

This gets to the heart of the matter. You guys claim that Trump lies and Trump is a conman and yet you want the right to vote for the party who are clearly and proudly proclaim to be anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country.

Trump is a massive liar and he is a con man.

He cons the rubes. Others like his lies. Others have just decided to live with him being an awful human.

His voters aren't just one person. They are a microcosm of today's Republican party.

If they thought their anti-ACA positions were popular, sure, GOP politicians and their loyal mouthpieces should be shouting their position from the rooftops. The fact that they clearly recognize the need to lie about what the GOP has been doing and continues to do tells you they know exactly how popular their position is.

Opposition to Obamacare Becomes Political Liability for GOP Incumbents
Democrats Flip Open the Health Care Playbook
What Obamacare? Republican candidates go mum on health care law
Republican senators in tough races obscure their position on pre-existing conditions

I get it's an unpopular position now, it wasn't for 8 years and there are still many Republicans that want it gone with no replacement.
Just say it and own it.
At least that's a respectable position.

Joe Biden had to tweet out to remind Trump that he's not currently the president. Trump is lost.

Well duh, but it is one of Biden's campaign promises, no? Making masks mandatory is a fine idea, enforcing it, we should ask Biden how he plans on doing that.

All it would take is an end to the mixed messaging, a President that believed in masking up and you would not have to mandate anything nationally.

We are talking about Biden's promises, no?

This gets to the heart of the matter. You guys claim that Trump lies and Trump is a conman and yet you want the right to vote for the party who are clearly and proudly proclaim to be anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country.

Once again, you lay it out perfectly, Senator McCarthy. After all, who but a godless commie would object to Trump having demonstrators tear-gassed so he could hold a Bible aloft? That event was even better than Christ’s triumphant entry into Jerusalem. And Trump showed his pro-family tendencies by separating irresponsible migrant mothers from their kids. Finally, his support of dictators places him squarely in the Jeffersonian tradition. We are blessed with the Great Helmsman leading us.

Last edited:
Anti-God? Anti whose God? Where is that proclamation from any Party? Maybe you are confusing being secular for being anti-God because it suits your political views against that group.

Anti-family? Pretty sure Democrats are pushing to include more people within the definition of family, include more types of families. That isnt antifamily. And again, where is this proud proclamation of being anti-family from Democrats or any other Party?

Anti-country? What would this even entail? And once again, show us the specific proclamation from any Party that they are anticountry.

You are stating obvious opinions you have based on massive political bias as if they are facts.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

We are talking about Biden's promises, no?

What promises? Biden obviously supports masking up and has said that if the he is President and the law allows him to issue a federal mask mandate and the SCIENTISTS recommend said mandate, he would issue it.

I guess, for me, I have no idea what it is Republicans want or expect anymore.

What do you want Dems to do with “if you take blue states’s death out, we did great?” YOu can talk around it, play Diminishing Returns Ben Shapiro and bReAk DOWN what Trump “really was saying” (Sidenote on that one: why do ya’ll run around demanding verbatim quotes but when we discuss Trump the last thing we’re allowed to use are his actual words? Weird!) Like...it’s not an argument. It’s not anything. It means nothing. The country is not going to sweep in nothing but Trump-forward politicians in all levels of government, so what in the actual **** do you want anyone to do with that comment?

And I”m just talking about the rational, running a country part. I haven’t even gotten to how unAmerican this is. And you know it is. Ilan Omar says “Some people did some things somewhere” and she’s a marxist piece of **** who should go back to her country (I wonder how America’s death toll would have fared if we removed blue states from 911?) DONALD TRUMP, your dude, tells us blue state deaths don’t count.

NO idea what it is you expect or want. You are rooting on an executive power that is stating the crown will continue collecting taxes from us while offering us no services, denying our representation, and promoting a belief that delegitimizes the wants and needs of waaaaaaaaay more citizens than you represent.

I don’t love counterfactuals but if Joe BIden were saying the *identical* things Trump is, Dems would agree he has dementia and ya’ll would be drinking our tears on election night. We don’t like you but we don’t want you dead and disenfranchised.

I guess, for me, I have no idea what it is Republicans want or expect anymore.

What do you want Dems to do with “if you take blue states’s death out, we did great?” YOu can talk around it, play Diminishing Returns Ben Shapiro and bReAk DOWN what Trump “really was saying” (Sidenote on that one: why do ya’ll run around demanding verbatim quotes but when we discuss Trump the last thing we’re allowed to use are his actual words? Weird!) Like...it’s not an argument. It’s not anything. It means nothing. The country is not going to sweep in nothing but Trump-forward politicians in all levels of government, so what in the actual **** do you want anyone to do with that comment?

And I”m just talking about the rational, running a country part. I haven’t even gotten to how unAmerican this is. And you know it is. Ilan Omar says “Some people did some things somewhere” and she’s a marxist piece of **** who should go back to her country (I wonder how America’s death toll would have fared if we removed blue states from 911?) DONALD TRUMP, your dude, tells us blue state deaths don’t count.

NO idea what it is you expect or want. You are rooting on an executive power that is stating the crown will continue collecting taxes from us while offering us no services, denying our representation, and promoting a belief that delegitimizes the wants and needs of waaaaaaaaay more citizens than you represent.

I don’t love counterfactuals but if Joe BIden were saying the *identical* things Trump is, Dems would agree he has dementia and ya’ll would be drinking our tears on election night. We don’t like you but we don’t want you dead and disenfranchised.

Or up is down and down is up pronouncements like "I didn't play it down, I up-played it". I don't think up-played is even a word.

Or up is down and down is up pronouncements like "I didn't play it down, I up-played it". I don't think up-played is even a word.

Yes, all of that. But in this case, for me, it’s not even about proving hypocrisy or disconnect or any of it. We are in a political season. Let’s pretend for a moment that Trump and the GOP want to win this election. What the **** do they want anyone to do with “blue states had it comin?” What is the argument? What is the “want?”

Yes, all of that. But in this case, for me, it’s not even about proving hypocrisy or disconnect or any of it. We are in a political season. Let’s pretend for a moment that Trump and the GOP want to win this election. What the **** do they want anyone to do with “blue states had it comin?” What is the argument? What is the “want?”

There is no want. Trump has calculated that:
- holding onto his base which means catalyzing their frothing rally nonsense nonstop
- voter suppression
- picking off a state or two via voter suppression is his only path to re-election

He gave up "wanting" anything from voters other than his base voters months ago. He has never tried to expand his base and now he does not even try. If anything Trumplican party affiliation is now hitting 4 year lows at 25-26% which means he is driving people out and into the ranks of the Independents with his nonsense. Meanwhile DEM Party affiliation is enjoying its longest stretch consistently higher than 30% in 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom