• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Town Hall

The plan is to blame Biden when Trump and the GOP succeed at bringing back pre-existing conditions and stripping tens of millions of their coverage.

It'll be fun!

Turnabout is fair play. Yes, if Biden wins, the stoppage of the ACA will have happened under Biden's watch. How ironic.

The ACA is definitely not a disaster, as evidenced by many states finally adopting expanded Medicaid and the exchanges retaining substantial popularity despite deliberate neglect from HHS and SCOTUS repealing the mandate.
In fact, 99% chance that Trumps ‘plan’ is the ACA with a new name, if anyone in his admin has even thought of one.

People in those states had to use referendums to get the Medicaid expansion to bypass Republican roadblocks.

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

Is it safe to assume you're for God, motherhood and country? ;-)

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Exactly. The left are anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country. Glad you realize that.

Turnabout is fair play. Yes, if Biden wins, the stoppage of the ACA will have happened under Biden's watch. How ironic.

The GOP dream of bringing back pre-existing conditions and stripping millions of coverage finally realized!

What a fun day that will be for you.

SO you think Trump has ever had a health care plan?

Middle of July he promised it would be revealed "within two weeks". I know it is said a week is a long time in politics, but...
So where is it Donnie? It couldn't possibly be yet another brazen lie? Surely not, Trump's deeply held moral principles wouldn't allow it!

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media

"We're signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan..."

Last edited:

Most legal scholars I've read have said it's highly unlikely even the Republican Supreme Court would overturn the ACA this time. However, if that did happen, and Biden's in the White House and the Democrats control the Senate, then the Dem's just might take the opportunity to say "to hell with it," and go for M4A. Biden's against it now, but that may be the thing that would convince him that we just can't trust Republicans to take care of citizens.

The Senate Dem's would have to eliminate the filibuster, which I'm for in any case.

So the Republicans would finally get their way--eliminate Obamacare--and end up with Medicare for All.

Talk about ironic.

And a win for America.

Exactly. The left are anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country. Glad you realize that.

Hi!

I'm sure that there are some who identify as left who will admit to one or more of those characterizations. I sincerely doubt that all of them will do so. A secular humanist, I look at people -- good ol' h. sapiens -- with somewhat different eyes. I see each human life as unique and worthy of the respect that deserves.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Trump is pro-god? Oh right, he held an upside-down Bible that one time!
Trump is pro-family? Must be, he's had three of them.
Trump is pro-country? If you mean Russia, then yes. Yes he is.

The Democrats's "blue wave" in 2018 was largely attributed to their positions on health care. The fact that the Republicans had come within one vote of abolishing Obamacare one year earlier had a lot to do with that.

There was no blue wave. It was a blue wimper. Look at all the destruction of the left in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016 and it went all the way through state and local levels. It's historical precedent that the majority party loses in the midterms. But if you compare those years to 2018, it was no blue wave. In fact, Democrats lost ground in the Senate.

The woman at the town hall with the preexisting condition wasn't a real person, but you are? :lamo

Why do you think her anecdotal experience matters but mine doesn't?

Why do you think her anecdotal experience matters but mine doesn't?

Because she's cool and you're not. :cool:

Anecdotes are how fools argue national policy.

The ACA is definitely not a disaster, as evidenced by many states finally adopting expanded Medicaid and the exchanges retaining substantial popularity despite deliberate neglect from HHS and SCOTUS repealing the mandate.

In fact, 99% chance that Trumps ‘plan’ is the ACA with a new name, if anyone in his admin has even thought of one.

It is so much of a disaster that many on the left are calling for MFA. If Obamacare was so great, why are they doing that? Why would the left even want MFA if public opinion favors the ACA? Are you going to force something on Americans they don't want when 53% now favor the ACA?

Your own party thinks the ACA is such a disaster that many have been calling for MFA.

Not a disaster. A first step that covered tens of millions of Americans.

MFA would be even better.

It is so much of a disaster that many on the left are calling for MFA. If Obamacare was so great, why are they doing that? Why would the left even want MFA if public opinion favors the ACA? Are you going to force something on Americans they don't want when 53% now favor the ACA?

The party had this argument in the primaries. The ACA won resoundingly.

Because the ACA still doesn’t provide 100% coverage.

Are you really this uninformed, or do you just play like you are on DP?

Most legal scholars I've read have said it's highly unlikely even the Republican Supreme Court would overturn the ACA this time. However, if that did happen, and Biden's in the White House and the Democrats control the Senate, then the Dem's just might take the opportunity to say "to hell with it," and go for M4A. Biden's against it now, but that may be the thing that would convince him that we just can't trust Republicans to take care of citizens.

The Senate Dem's would have to eliminate the filibuster, which I'm for in any case.

So the Republicans would finally get their way--eliminate Obamacare--and end up with Medicare for All.

Talk about ironic.

And a win for America.

Roberts had actually been planning on voting against the ACA and changed is mind at the last minute, instead writing an opinion for the path to take for eliminating the ACA. He provided the path to take. So, it is unlikely that he would vote against his very own opinion from a few years ago.

Hi!

I'm sure that there are some who identify as left who will admit to one or more of those characterizations. I sincerely doubt that all of them will do so. A secular humanist, I look at people -- good ol' h. sapiens -- with somewhat different eyes. I see each human life as unique and worthy of the respect that deserves.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

The left often to deny who they really are. Take border policy for one example. They strenuously deny that they are for open borders and yet every single thing they do proves they are for open borders. They have zero plan whatsoever to stop illegal immigration and, in fact, encourage it at every turn.

Trump is pro-god? Oh right, he held an upside-down Bible that one time!
Trump is pro-family? Must be, he's had three of them.
Trump is pro-country? If you mean Russia, then yes. Yes he is.

This gets to the heart of the matter. You guys claim that Trump lies and Trump is a conman and yet you want the right to vote for the party who are clearly and proudly proclaim to be anti-God, anti-family, and anti-country.

the best part of this Trump era is we get to see the exact same type of people that were defending Nixon to the very end.

Didn't lie at all. We're trying to get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something that includes pre-existing conditions. Trump was actually honest with her in telling her that Obamacare has been a disaster. In fact, her initial question seemed to admit that her healthcare is too expensive.

And true, Trump introduced his plan in July, then in August as promised. Stupid liberals missed it.

Back
Top Bottom