• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Town Hall

Takes nearly two hours to walk from one end of downtown to the other. That's JUST downtown (from the sports fields and Pioneer Square to the Seattle Center) and that's avoiding the monster hill! Try driving it in bad traffic!

On that nearly two hour walk, you best have several bucks for coffee, or Pike Place Market better be open or you will have to find an alley to relieve yourself and hope you're not arrested. Ain't no free restrooms in Downtown Seattle, God forbid you run out of gas and can't make it to another area of the city, you might pay over $4 a gallon to get out of the hellhole. A lot of the city not so bad, but downtown is a MERCINARY place when it comes to naked capitalist greed....

Oddly though, downtown is "fare free" bus area....

:doh https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1306055500056928256

Daniel Dale@ddale8
Trump to the woman who explained how her mom died of cancer: "Did YOU have Covid? You didn't have it, right? You didn't have it? Your mother. Uh, we’ll have it taken care of. It's going to get taken care of. The vaccines are gonna make a big difference."

Point taken. However, enforcing a mask mandate, given the anti cop mentality, might be a bit difficult. No?

Joe Biden had to tweet out to remind Trump that he's not currently the president. Trump is lost.

Point taken. However, enforcing a mask mandate, given the anti cop mentality, might be a bit difficult. No?

All it would take is an end to the mixed messaging, a President that believed in masking up and you would not have to mandate anything nationally.

FoxNews is already calling ABC's townhall an "ambush" because they let real citizens ask real questions. lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1306061491129384960

You could see this victimization narrative coming from a mile away. Trump campaign is desperate and putting Donald in situations he can not control entirely. He can't brow beat voters asking him questions and he can't bellow like an Elephant.

"How dare they treat our Donald like this. Why cab't they leave him alone? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Can't believe a Trumpster didn't start a live thread...

Wait, I can. This thing is a dumpster fire. Not watching, I never watch Trump live, too much bull****. But the quotes and clips...yikes.

Here Trump lies about healthcare, gets called out, and claims he already has a plan (that he's promised on multiple occasions).

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1306044841579679744

Seriously, Trumpsters, how do you believe in this bull****?

Yet another thread which asks why those who proclaim themselves to be supporters of President of the United States of America Donald Trump 'believe' President Trump's statements.

The members of President Trump's loyal base do not care what he says. It really doesn't matter to them. He is, for them, a symbol -- a rallying point. The glue which holds them firmly together is a common feeling that the government and its institutions, not to mention the MSM, are not only irrelevant to their lives but act against them. They see both government and press as changing their perceived, stable world. To some extent, they may not even view President Trump as a Republican.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Confronted again about his mystical healthcare plan and confronted by his efforts to strike down ACA in the courts his response:
"I already have the plan....its all worked out".

Really Donald? So why won't you show it to us while you are attempting to strike down ACA including pre-existing conditions coverage through the Courts?

There are three possibilities here:
1) Donald does not have a plan and as usual does not realize the difficulty in creating a healthcare plan
2) It is simply a copy of ACA that he wants to draft as Trumpcare instead of Obamacare in which case he is still risking people's wellbeing insisting on striking down ACA first
3) He has a plan that is so draconian that he will not expose it before he eliminates ACA and leaves the country with a knife at its throat, left to take whatever he wants to give

Confronted again about his mystical healthcare plan and confronted by his efforts to strike down ACA in the courts his response:

Really Donald? So why won't you show it to us while you are attempting to strike down ACA including pre-existing conditions coverage through the Courts?

1) Donald does not have a plan and as usual does not realize the difficulty in creating a healthcare plan
2) It is simply a copy of ACA that he wants to draft as Trumpcare instead of Obamacare in which case he is still risking people's wellbeing insisting on striking down ACA first
3) He has a plan that is so draconian that he will not expose it before he eliminates ACA and leaves the country with a knife at its throat, left to take whatever he wants to give

I have to say, if ever there was doubt that Trump supporters could go any lower, yesterday's TH proved that they have not yet reached rock bottom.

"He was AMBUSHED!"

What a mess...Trump failed terribly at this TH...Truly a dumpster fire. I was a little worried about the debates then this town hall reminded me that Biden will be fine.

Lied right to a voter's face about preserving the ACA pre-existing condition protections he's been waging war on for almost four years.

Didn't lie at all. We're trying to get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something that includes pre-existing conditions. Trump was actually honest with her in telling her that Obamacare has been a disaster. In fact, her initial question seemed to admit that her healthcare is too expensive.

Watched 2 minutes, told a lady he wears a mask when he has to and waiters hate them. Gold

Actually, he had a very good point. People with masks are always touching and readjusting them. That's just the way it is. Assuming your mask protected you from actual Covid exposure then there are Covid virus particles on your mask that stay there for days and then you have not only touched your mask but touched plates, napkins, etc of the people the waiters are serving. In fact, if you look at recently released facts, the CDC just released a study where more than two times as many cases of the virus were diagnosed of those who had recently been to restaurants. Advantage Trump. Why are you a fact denier?

Didn't lie at all. We're trying to get rid of Obamacare and replace it with something that includes pre-existing conditions. Trump was actually honest with her in telling her that Obamacare has been a disaster. In fact, her initial question seemed to admit that her healthcare is too expensive.

First off, everybody in 2016 including Clinton said ACA needed to be improved and re-worked. However, Trump plan was completely destroy it with out a replacement plan, you can't just kick 23 million Americans off health insurance with out a replacement. Trump has been working on a replacement since his campaigning in 2015 with absolutely NOTHING to show. Trump has nothing, will do nothing, and continue to lie about having this fake health care plan.

I am seriously watching this **** show... it is amazing that Trump has the support he does.

okay, so Rush and Sean and Fox (and nut jobs like Alex/etc) have been scaring the Bejesus out of the voters forever (and add in the QAnon nut jobs now too).

they all do it for $$$$ and they have perfected how to deliver the "news" to the base and they know exactly what buttons to push to get them riled up and ready to fight "Satan" to the death.

and, then, all those suckers are gonna pass away, young people will take over and the country will move forward yet again. our country literally watched this exact same thing (EVIL IS HERE/COMING!!) play out from the end of the Civil war until the 1960s (and it's not completely gone even now).

here's what pisses me off. it's MY part of the country that was suckered the most back then AND NOW TOO. i mean, WTF??

They wanted white nationalism and he gave them that. They wanted him to destroy Washington and he gave them that. They wanted right wing life time judges to eliminate abortion and he gave them that. They wanted tax cuts for the rich and he gave them that. They wanted him to troll liberals and he gave them that.

They're not conned.

Wow. Can't believe you finally admitted that Trump did not con ANYONE.

Can't believe a Trumpster didn't start a live thread...
Wait, I can. This thing is a dumpster fire. Not watching, I never watch Trump live, too much bull****. But the quotes and clips...yikes.
Here Trump lies about healthcare, gets called out, and claims he already has a plan (that he's promised on multiple occasions).
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1306044841579679744
Seriously, Trumpsters, how do you believe in this bull****?

OMG. The entire event was a showcase of Trump's lies.

Trump’s ABC News town hall: Four Pinocchios, over and over again

Many states have a mandate, but I don't think there is much law enforcement. A national mandate would be useless, imo.

heck, if they did it and 5% more Americans wore masks when they should then that's less infections.

Trump botched this thing so badly that we're gonna have to look for a COVID win anywhere we can get one.

heck, if they did it and 5% more Americans wore masks when they should then that's less infections.

Trump botched this thing so badly that we're gonna have to look for a COVID win anywhere we can get one.

Yup, its all those waiters handling their masks that is the problem with masking up. Who knew!

Has he answered a question yet? That rambling about Churchill on rooftops telling people everything would be ok while bombers were dropping bombs was just plain weird. He just keeps going around and around without answering anything. I'm too dizzy to keep watching.

Fearless Leadership In Times Of Crisis: A Conversation With Bestselling Author Erik Larson

Churchill remained so calm that once, during an intense bombing raid, he raced to the rooftop of a building while others were seeking the safety of the nearest bomb shelter. On the rooftop, Churchill had the presence of mind to recite a Tennyson poem that captured the moment.

I'm going with Door #1.

Same as it ever was.

Joe Biden had to tweet out to remind Trump that he's not currently the president. Trump is lost.

Trump's mouth can do anything. It can get him elected President, it can con suckers, it can play upon their hate and it can cause massive death.

it's a thousand times worse than Deplorable.

All it would take is an end to the mixed messaging, a President that believed in masking up and you would not have to mandate anything nationally.

Oh please. Why aren't Californians masking up? And don't give me any crap about it is only Trump supporters. Facts prove it is the young invincible liberals under age 30 who can't live their lives without partying, going to bars, going to beaches, and going to protests. If they aren't going to listen to Newsome they aren't going to listen to Trump and they aren't going to listen to Biden either.

Back
Top Bottom