• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is Acquitted

Source please.

Oh that is right, explicitly only applies to the other guy... but Trump, no big deal inciting a mob against Congress targeting people in his own party.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride...

Trump will stay involved but imo won't run again. Whoever does run will need to use Trumpism tenets. putting America's interests first, if they ever plan on winning the election. That means they will be willing to restore everything Biden has removed by E/Os.
America’s interests first? You mean Donald’s interests first. Easy mistake for the Trump faithful to make.

Nah. Our grandchildren will take care of that: “Grandpa, what were people thinking when they elected such a crook and liar?”

"Grandpa, back when Trump was president, how did you handle his supporters? Why did they like him so much?"

"Don't listen to the liberal media, your teachers, don't read any books, and don't watch his speeches on Youtube. Trump is the greatest president that America has ever had. Better even than Nixon."

"Oh my God. I'm the offspring of human garbage."

Said Donald Trump:
Let’s recite the actual and true facts:

For many years those who opposed Donald Trump created an environment of social and political hysteria in order to *impeach* him in the court of opinion, and then to find the pretexts for a formal impeachment. This was stated in the first week after his election. The effort to undermine his presidency has been extraordinary and unparalleled as far as I am aware.

These efforts have created a — quite literally — hysterical social environment. It was inculcated and stimulated for years but especially over the last summer: inciting the mobs and the hoards to rampage and destroy. Federal building, municipal buildings, attacks on persons, immense destruction of property and livelihood. Many Democrats cheered this on. They completely supported it. They established it as a precedent and an acceptable way to conduct politics.

On the 6th of January people who were also infected with social hysteria engaged in an act — one solitary act it must be said — that had tremendous symbolic power and content. This is a fact. But before that Democratic and progressive operatives also did a similar thing during the protest against Brett Kavanaugh’s swearing in. But what a group of Trump supporters did, though very restrained in comparison to what had been done by Left radicals, had a far greater symbolical content, and it was expolited for all it was worth by the Democratic Party.

The act cannot be excused, but the real truth here has to do with an escalation of attack on, essentially, the Rule of Law. And the guilty party, by and large, and to a greater degree, is that party which cultivated anti-State (nation) rhetoric and incited violent insurrectional *protest* for years!

As per normal the Democrats project what they do onto their *enemies* And they use the projection to cover over their own very real political sins.

So seeing this more clearly is what is needed. But who will do it?
You seem to ignore Trump’s record. Please don’t push me to recount it. Trump’s record of dishonesty and bigotry naturally created a reaction. You must have missed it, obviously not paying attention. The attacks on him were his own fault.

Lets get real here. This impeachment dog and pony show by the hate filled democrats was doomed from the start. For them going thru with it when they had to know that there was no way they could get a 2/3 vote of the Senate to impeach, shows how stupid the democrats are. A total waste of time and money.

BTW they got their asses handed to them when the republican showed that montage of democrats screaming fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, that was telling. Did the democrats say “I love you” to rioters?

Lets get real here. This impeachment dog and pony show by the hate filled democrats was doomed from the start. For them going thru with it when they had to know that there was no way they could get a 2/3 vote of the Senate to impeach, shows how stupid the democrats are. A total waste of time and money.

BTW they got their asses handed to them when the republican showed that montage of democrats screaming fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least Trump is branded the only president in american history to be impeached TWICE---IN ONE TERM!!!!!!! ! Pelosi was happy with that. So am I, although a conviction would have been nice.

There is no Communist in the Democratic Party. Communism is a totally different political party. You know that, right?
Somewhere Sen. Joe McCarthy is smiling. Democrats are commies. Takes us back to poodle skirts.

She may be a threat for the nomination true, but she's no threat to Trump. Trump will not support
her in the 2024 republican primaries so the opposite is true Trump who I doubt will run in 4 years
will be a threat to her hopes of winning the nomination. I might vote for her if she's the nominee
but would never vote for her in the primaries.
I can only hope for a bat-shit crazy ‘type one’ of your GOPs. Intense Type A.

I have reported that to the forum many times in the past. Democrats are authoritarians. Authoritarians believe they were born to rule. And when they get slapped silly, they come back again as authoritarians. They got pissed Trump won.
And Trump’s endorsement of torture and war crimes means...?

From the very beginning they called him illegitimate. Obama's administration weaponize our intel agencies to spy on the Trump campaign.
They were constantly holding hearings in Congress on Trump for one thing or another while their buddies in the media daily trashed Trump pushing every unfounded accusation made by Anonymous. I don't think there is a politician alive that could have withstood what Trump has undergone. After all they did to attempt to destroy him, 10 million more voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016.

Trump is not going away. Is he going to run in 2024? Who knows but he will be very engaged in the 2022 midterm elections.
Give us a break. The evidence of Trump as a crook and liar is overwhelming. The GOP will be glad to be rid of him.

The Republican Party has given a free pass to future Presidents for anything they might do in January. A former President incited an insurrection against our government in January. It doesn't get worse than that.

The Republican Party acquitted the former President!

ABC News reports, "Exactly a month and a week after insurrectionists incited a riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6, former President Donald Trump's second impeachment trial came to a climactic end on Saturday afternoon, with Trump being acquitted for his alleged role of inciting the deadly event. A majority of senators voted to convict the former president, but failed to reach the super majority threshold needed for a conviction."

To provide an example of the perfidy of the Republican Party one need only look at the Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Despite the opinions of nearly all Constitution experts Constitution lawyers to the contrary, McConnell said "he voted "not guilty" because he believes Trump is "constitutionally not eligible for conviction" given that he is no longer president," NBC News.

Also, a Senate resolution on Tuesday established the Senate's jurisdiction in the impeachment trial. McConnell and most Republicans violated a Senate resolution. McConnell said nothing about the evidence. He couldn't. The evidence was overwhelming.

The American people have already spoken. The Republican Party is not paying attention. Under their leadership, the Republican Party has lost the House, Senate, and the White House.

Now this. A Republican President committed an act of sedition, and the Republican Party freed him from consequences, and, by their precedence, all future Presidents for any action they might take in the closing days of their term.

It is easy to surmise this might be opening act of the decline of American democracy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within. Abraham Lincoln

The American people will remember this day. The Republican Party lost today.

I'm still 100% behind Trump.He is amazing.I and millions more like me will vote for him in 2024.
So you don’t mind him insulting immigrants, women, Muslims, refugees, etc., his dishonest dealings in his phony University and crooked Foundation? And if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue, I suppose you’d support him?

To provide an example of the perfidy of the Republican Party one need only look at the Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Despite the opinions of nearly all Constitution experts Constitution lawyers to the contrary, McConnell said "he voted "not guilty" because he believes Trump is "constitutionally not eligible for conviction" given that he is no longer president," NBC News.
Also, a Senate resolution on Tuesday established the Senate's jurisdiction in the impeachment trial. McConnell and most Republicans violated a Senate resolution. McConnell said nothing about the evidence. He couldn't. The evidence was overwhelming.

NBC News reports, "Moments after voting to acquit Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell gave a speech excoriating the former president for a "disgraceful dereliction of duty" and said he holds him responsible for "provoking" the Jan. 6 siege of the Capitol.

"McConnell was among the 43 Republicans who voted that Trump was "not guilty" on the charge of incitement of insurrection."

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it," the Kentucky Republican said Saturday. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president."

"And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet earth," he continued.

It's too late. The damage has been done. How many times in the last four years have Republicans tried to un-ring a bell?

In this whole hate filled dog and pony show, the most delusional of all was Pelosi. She had to know that there was no way the Senate would come up with 67 votes to convict. Total waste of money and senate time.
No, if it succeeded in trashing Trump’s reputation even more, so that he doesn’t come back to insult and demean more Americans, well worth the effort.

No, if it succeeded in trashing Trump’s reputation even more, so that he doesn’t come back to insult and demean more Americans, well worth the effort.
This like the ex wife punishing her divorced husband. The new lady won't know and his mom believes in him and not her.

I campaign mostly against the Democrat authoritarians. Even Biden is running things like a dictator and that is not me saying he is, he said it about Trump using EOs. Biden has been hiding in the White white house furiously damaging America and all that is on the Democrats minds is Trump.

This like the ex wife punishing her divorced husband. The new lady won't know and his mom believes in him and not her.
“There's no question — none — that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president,” McConnell said. “The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things."
Senator McConnell

NBC News reports, "Moments after voting to acquit Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell gave a speech excoriating the former president for a "disgraceful dereliction of duty" and said he holds him responsible for "provoking" the Jan. 6 siege of the Capitol.

"McConnell was among the 43 Republicans who voted that Trump was "not guilty" on the charge of incitement of insurrection."

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it," the Kentucky Republican said Saturday. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president."

"And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet earth," he continued.

It's too late. The damage has been done. How many times in the last four years have Republicans tried to un-ring a bell?
Sandy for as long as you posted the daily whine was anti Republican. Trump beat the Democrats but good today.

You are not challenging Biden at all. When will you challenge him?

“There's no question — none — that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president,” McConnell said. “The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things."
Senator McConnell

I do not buy that at all. As former House Member Chavez pointed out on a news program, nobody heard Trump issuing orders to Riot. Trump was correctly judge not guilty.

I do not buy that at all. As former House Member Chavez pointed out on a news program, nobody heard Trump issuing orders to Riot. Trump was correctly judge not guilty.
The bar has been set so low you think your post is good.

Back
Top Bottom