• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump is Acquitted

Funny how that memo has only been relevant for two presidents, Nixon and trump...

The Trump & Nixon parallels are many.

You know, it's funny how so may Trump supporters say, "No President has ever been treated like him!". Well, gee, why do you think that is - geniuses?

It's like the guy that a real jagoff & class 'A' asshole, exclaiming - "Why does everyone treat me badly?".

Sometimes I'm blown away by the sheer lack of perception within context, that I see here!

It was already done and even the coward McConnell conceded this very point, too bad you have become aligned with a new Presidential power that enabled them to incite violence against Congress.
Even though Republicans voted to make that the new norm, I believe that lethal force will be the new norm for any future attacks on the Capitol.

The terrorists were literally twelve feet from possessing the nuclear football.
All rules have changed...

In this whole hate filled dog and pony show, the most delusional of all was Pelosi. She had to know that there was no way the Senate would come up with 67 votes to convict. Total waste of money and senate time.

With democrats, Hate is their continuing norm.

Part of moving-on is assuring justice, while also assuring no one else tries Trump's stunts.

When you say 'move-on for the good of the country', you
may only speaking from the minority Trump perspective. The majority of the country that threw him out, wants justice and to insure we never see this again. So, it's not as simple as 'moving on', if the wrong has not been righted. Not righting a wrong, precludes moving-on as it leaves the injustice to fester.

Respectfully, I disagree with all of the above...

I'm still 100% behind Trump.He is amazing.I and millions more like me will vote for him in 2024.
Oh man you just made beer come out my nose!!!

Oh wait. You weren't kidding???

True... but that would require enactment of new legislation in accordance with §5 of the 14th Amendment. 18 USC §593 is already on the books.

I wasn't aware. So, are you saying to invoke clause 3 of the 14th requires a specific criminal statute to be violated?

The Trump & Nixon parallels are many.

You know, it's funny how so may Trump supporters say, "No President has ever been treated like him!". Well, gee, why do you think that is - geniuses?

It's like the guy that a real jagoff & class 'A' asshole, exclaiming - "Why does everyone treat me badly?".

Sometimes I'm blown away by the sheer lack of perception within context, that I see here!

Only Nixon did some very very good things for our country.

Ironically most of them trump tried to get rid of, like the EPA for example..

I hate anyone who tries to overturn a legitimate election and willfully incites a mob to attack the US Capitol.

Why don't you?

What does hate prove? It's an emotion that backfires and hurts the hater...

After two failed impeachments, the Democrats have to learn to move on down the road...Heal themselves for the good of this country. IOW, let it go...

I can almost guarantee you that they won't though.

I wasn't aware. So, are you saying to invoke clause 3 of the 14th requires a specific criminal statute to be violated?

I wouldn't put it exactly that way... you don't need a specific criminal statute to be violated... but to enforce §3, Congress needs to enact legislation declaring that an insurrection or rebellion had indeed occurred and specifying the means of identifying the individuals involved - both directly in their actions, and indirectly in providing aid and comfort to the insurrection or rebellion.

True. Too a point. And he was very good at foreign policy. But with Dr. Kissenger as your National Security advisor & Sec'y of State, it's hard not to be good at foreign policy!

However, his black mark is starting the DEA & 'War on Drugs'. Yeah, Ronnie & Nancy made it what it is, but ol' Tricky Dick started it!

It's a tough argument though, between causing more division and holding Trump accountable. This now sets the precedent that you are not immune your last months in office. We can't give Presidents a free reign simply because their term is near end. They're accountable for their full term. I think this was a good precedent, to that effect.
Democrats immediately went on the Impeach Trump tirade in 2017 when Obama blamed Trump for what some Russians had done.

When did Trump try to get rid of the EPA? I do not need telling, I need you showing.

What makes you so fond of all the Federal rules and agencies?

What does hate prove? It's an emotion that backfires and hurts the hater...

After two failed impeachments, the Democrats have to learn to move on down the road...Heal themselves for the good of this country. IOW, let it go...

I can almost guarantee you that they won't though.

It should be noted that Trump still hasn't conceded that the election was legitimate. Hell, I'd bet YOU still deny it was legitimate.

He lied... and because of that, people died. He needs to be held accountable for that.

Even though Republicans voted to make that the new norm, I believe that lethal force will be the new norm for any future attacks on the Capitol.

The terrorists were literally twelve feet from possessing the nuclear football.
All rules have changed...

But only for Republicans, that same group will hold Democrats responsible for anything they need to... yet forgive a cop killing ex-President.

I don't believe that's correct.
However I don't think there is an appetite to pursue it.
I think most people regardless of party are just hoping the courts handle trump and he goes back to being the tabloid fodder he was born to be...

I wouldn't put it exactly that way... you don't need a specific criminal statute to be violated... but to enforce §3, Congress needs to enact legislation declaring that an insurrection or rebellion had indeed occurred and specifying the means of identifying the individuals involved - both directly in their actions, and indirectly in providing aid and comfort to the insurrection or rebellion.

Alright. I'm not aware, but if accurate you make a reasonable point.

However, I don't see the required legislation is a substantive impediment. There's 200 federal cases working their way through the system, with many defendants using the 'President ordered me' defense. I think many would be happy to cooperate. Hell, Pelosi could drag it out and have a political field-day running much of the way into the midterms!

You know, what's lost is that there were only 47 removal votes in the first impeachment, versus 57 this time. That's substantial movement and a substantial majority, Hell, at a gain of ten - one more impeachment might do it! :p

Enjoy the joke, several had to die for Trump to get his way paving the path for your joke.

I don't believe that's correct.
However I don't think there is an appetite to pursue it.
I think most people regardless of party are just hoping the courts handle trump and he goes back to being the tabloid fodder he was born to be...

Cordelier was good enough to expound on this, in his further posts.

Back
Top Bottom