• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump finanical records show huge loan forgiveness

1) To be fair, that is speculation and accusation, NONE of us know if he knew or not. So again opinion and speculation at best . Fact though Manafort is in Jail for it
2) British spy was then FIRED by the FBI for breaking protocol. So while he was a solid IO....he was still FIRED and thus discredited his ability to provide adequate intelligence. As for the Dossier itself, Yes some true, some false. Not familiar with proven false items? The High profile part was the Strippers peeing on Trumps Hotel bed.... on the words of biden...."Common mannnn" LOL.... But seriously the Dossier was a mix of accurate and inaccurate items. The question looming now was it "part" of a russian disinformation campaign.

3) Way over simplified? That is the fact, a Subpoena was issued 03/04/2015. Mills sent an email to the server 03/09/2020 about the Email's Technician realised they did NOT delete the emails as request back December of 2014. The Technician Delted the email between 03/25/2015 and 03/31/2015

"
Deletion of emails[edit]

After the existence of the server became publicly known on March 2, 2015,[41] the Select Committee on Benghazi issued a subpoena for Benghazi-related emails two days later. Mills sent an email to PRN on March 9 mentioning the Committee's retention request.[98] The PRN technician then had what he described to the FBI as an "oh shit moment," realizing he had not set the personal emails to be deleted as instructed months earlier. The technician then erased the emails using a free utility, BleachBit, sometime between March 25 and 31.[99] Bloomberg News reported in September 2015 that the FBI had recovered some of the deleted emails.[100]"

VP Biden was acting on US policy. Ok so you are telling me. That the US through leverage can withhold FUNDS to have a prosecutor fired in another country? That is allowable US policy? I mean to me that may be ok to a certain extent. But if thats the case where is the line drawn?

The issue is how the terms Quid Pro Quo is used and applied. Do you recall TRUMP being accused of such action? YET of course the was NO actual quid pro quo. As he was requesting through the US Attorney General cooperation of an investigation. Aid which as released by trump was never tied to or held up.

Anyways. Let me ask again... IF The Ukraine Prosecutor WAS in fact corrupt... And the EU was lobbying to have him removed. Why did the US HAVE to if it was by POLICY. Withhold LOAN guarantees or threaten to withhold loan guarantees.

With the mounting pressures to fire the Prosecutor there would be ZERO reasons NOT to fire the Prosecutor Right? Im seriously asking logically.

Why would Biden have to Threaten to withhold loan guarantee again. you can say that is the "Policy" of the US to withholding, funding and aid etc... to fire a ukrainian prosecutor?

Now is it WAY too coincidental that Biden's Son was on the board at the time? Or that at the time Burisma had tried to reach out to the State Department in request for help due to the accusations of Fraud. And had mention that 2 American's were on the board , (Kerry's Nephew/Son? and Biden's Son)

WAY TOO coincidental no?

As for obstruction of Justice, YES He was impeached, But was not removed.... we get it..

I would actually like to see this get litigated....to be honest. In my personal opinion

1) The FBI director can be fired for any reason Period..
2) The potential predicate to initiate a Russian interference investigation was legitimate
3) The potential false initiation of an investigation into the TRUMP campaign seems to be heavily based on a partisan Dossier. READING many FISA reports, Source #1 being the Dossier, there is NO Source 2 in any of the the PDF's that I have gone through (unredacted) There may be source 2, 3, 4 but if so they could have un redacted that to VALIDATE that more than 1 source was used for the FISA warrants.
4) Did Trump Obstruct Mueller? Nope. Did Trump Obstruct, Rosenstein, Nope..... Was Trump found guilty of a crime then obstructed that? Nope.

So to be fair, I would like to see an actual obstruction case hit the supreme court....as it would never STOP at a circuit level. Guarantee it would be thrown out.

1) No legit predicate
2) Legal basis is weak
3) Evidence was initiated, by HRC, to DNC, to Perkins, to Fusion to Steele and back....

FBI did NOT generate the evidence to initiate the investigation against trump they used what was given to them.....

Lets try this again....

Trump has been doing business basically his WHOLE ADULT LIFE. Why only now would he choose to Commit a crime when he wants to run as the President. Seriously think about it logically.

The SPECIFIC Topic here is that in 2010 WELL BEFORE HE EVEN THOUGHT OF BEING PRESIDENT. Is when this lawsuit was actually settled. Meaning that all these transaction happened WELL BEFORE 2010. (If a crime was committed, the IRS would have known and charged or sent Federal agents to Trumps place.

The IRS has had Trumps Legal Documents for Years...... Seriously logically think about it.

Answer the question please, EVERY single person has evaded the dang question. You all seem to logically avoid the very simple fact.

DOES THE IRS FACTUALLY HAVE TRUMPS TAX RETURNS FOR HIS WHOLE ADULT LIFE? YES OR NO

Prior to 2014 When he considered Running, If Trump Committed some kind of Tax evasion/fraud/crime. Would the IRS FACTUALLY have his Records to charge him with a crime. PRIOR to 2016. When a lot of these stupid accusations are popping up

Lets be fair. in to 2016 When he WON the presidency, and by IRS standards ALL POTUS & VPOTUS are Under CONSTANT AUDIT during their Tenure.

So if he has committed a crime in 2016 to current he would be a complete moron. And yet NOTHING. By the way. JUST because the president cannot be charged with a crime. A president can be impeached and then removed from office for such accused crimes. If a POTUS committed major crime. What would happen? Immediately congress would move to impeach and then vote to remove from the Executive branch, THEN they would be able to charge with a crime.

There is Checks and balances to the system it is the MOST beautiful written document with the most amazing amounts of checks and balances.

TRUMP IS NOT IMMUNE TO THIS. If he committed a crime and it was brought to light. Congress can impeached, then remove and then charge.

the stupid prior impeachment was the dumbest thing ever. There was no factual standing to remove the President hell there was no factual standing to even have an impeachment trial but hey thats my opinion.

Any ways ANSWER THE QUESTION

Does the IRS have Trumps Tax return for his whole adult life?

Since the Settlement occurred in 2010, 10 years ago. If Trump committed a crime... why was he not charged back then?
Are you not aware of Trumps history of legal problems going back to the 70's? None of this is new and it's clear that the multiple credible open criminal investigations are warranted. While not all of them may prove well grounded, the existing public record of well-documented allegations of criminal misconduct provides plentiful predication for these investigations. This record includes but are not limited to a New York Times investigation that has described potential tax and mortgage fraud by Trump and the Trump organization; a narrower investigation of a series of transactions in the run-up to the 2016 election that has suggested the possibility of both tax fraud and campaign-finance fraud; a claim in Bloomberg that Trump may have committed insurance fraud; the uncovering of evidence by ProPublica of Trump’s alleged mortgage and tax fraud; the allegations of Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, that the Trump family committed fraud in the probate of her father’s will; the check that Michael Cohen produced signed by Don Jr to Stormy Daniels and multiple alleged incidents of sexual assault (to the extent not barred by a statute of limitations). Trump is sweating and winning reelection means more to him than just serving the people for another 4 years.

So he got his debt erased in a legal manner.

So i guess that means we can continue moving on with life.
Are you that unaware enough not to know that "you" as well as millions of others pay for that debt forgiveness.... its does not just vanish....

1) To be fair, that is speculation and accusation, NONE of us know if he knew or not. So again opinion and speculation at best . Fact though Manafort is in Jail for it
2) British spy was then FIRED by the FBI for breaking protocol. So while he was a solid IO....he was still FIRED and thus discredited his ability to provide adequate intelligence. As for the Dossier itself, Yes some true, some false. Not familiar with proven false items? The High profile part was the Strippers peeing on Trumps Hotel bed.... on the words of biden...."Common mannnn" LOL.... But seriously the Dossier was a mix of accurate and inaccurate items. The question looming now was it "part" of a russian disinformation campaign.

3) Way over simplified? That is the fact, a Subpoena was issued 03/04/2015. Mills sent an email to the server 03/09/2020 about the Email's Technician realised they did NOT delete the emails as request back December of 2014. The Technician Delted the email between 03/25/2015 and 03/31/2015

"
Deletion of emails[edit]

After the existence of the server became publicly known on March 2, 2015,[41] the Select Committee on Benghazi issued a subpoena for Benghazi-related emails two days later. Mills sent an email to PRN on March 9 mentioning the Committee's retention request.[98] The PRN technician then had what he described to the FBI as an "oh shit moment," realizing he had not set the personal emails to be deleted as instructed months earlier. The technician then erased the emails using a free utility, BleachBit, sometime between March 25 and 31.[99] Bloomberg News reported in September 2015 that the FBI had recovered some of the deleted emails.[100]"

VP Biden was acting on US policy. Ok so you are telling me. That the US through leverage can withhold FUNDS to have a prosecutor fired in another country? That is allowable US policy? I mean to me that may be ok to a certain extent. But if thats the case where is the line drawn?

The issue is how the terms Quid Pro Quo is used and applied. Do you recall TRUMP being accused of such action? YET of course the was NO actual quid pro quo. As he was requesting through the US Attorney General cooperation of an investigation. Aid which as released by trump was never tied to or held up.

Anyways. Let me ask again... IF The Ukraine Prosecutor WAS in fact corrupt... And the EU was lobbying to have him removed. Why did the US HAVE to if it was by POLICY. Withhold LOAN guarantees or threaten to withhold loan guarantees.

With the mounting pressures to fire the Prosecutor there would be ZERO reasons NOT to fire the Prosecutor Right? Im seriously asking logically.

Why would Biden have to Threaten to withhold loan guarantee again. you can say that is the "Policy" of the US to withholding, funding and aid etc... to fire a ukrainian prosecutor?

Now is it WAY too coincidental that Biden's Son was on the board at the time? Or that at the time Burisma had tried to reach out to the State Department in request for help due to the accusations of Fraud. And had mention that 2 American's were on the board , (Kerry's Nephew/Son? and Biden's Son)

WAY TOO coincidental no?
The policy of the US at that time was that the prosecutor was corrupt, and that loans would not be forthcoming if the prosecutor remained in power. What VP Biden said was a de facto advancement of American foreign policy. You ask if the prosecutor was corrupt? I can't take the rest of your coincidences seriously if that basic fact is in question for you.

Are you not aware of Trumps history of legal problems going back to the 70's? None of this is new and it's clear that the multiple credible open criminal investigations are warranted. While not all of them may prove well grounded, the existing public record of well-documented allegations of criminal misconduct provides plentiful predication for these investigations. This record includes but are not limited to a New York Times investigation that has described potential tax and mortgage fraud by Trump and the Trump organization; a narrower investigation of a series of transactions in the run-up to the 2016 election that has suggested the possibility of both tax fraud and campaign-finance fraud; a claim in Bloomberg that Trump may have committed insurance fraud; the uncovering of evidence by ProPublica of Trump’s alleged mortgage and tax fraud; the allegations of Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, that the Trump family committed fraud in the probate of her father’s will; the check that Michael Cohen produced signed by Don Jr to Stormy Daniels and multiple alleged incidents of sexual assault (to the extent not barred by a statute of limitations). Trump is sweating and winning reelection means more to him than just serving the people for another 4 years.
Yups!!! 100% I gotcha, I think I responded to you say that if he is GUILTY of a crime, he should held responsible. If he goes to court, found guilty by jury/judge he faces the music.

Trump and MANY business Period are potentially guilty of so many tax and financial crimes, this is NOT exclusive to Trump.

The thing that drives me crazy..... Is that Trump might be guilty of stuff and he has been. Hes paid fines, went to litigation. Yet is not in Jail.....

Now heres a different view, Kavanaugh was accused of Rape. It was ONLY Valid during his his confirmation hearing oddly. If he was truly guilty wher are we NOT pursuing him still.

This is the same with Trump, Hes POTUS, people dont like him will do everything they can to get him out. When he is out... He will disappear into oblivion.... doubt the Feds will charge or go after him after he is out.

Anyways... He didnt go to jail before he won the Presidency. Why is that if he is SUCH a criminal he has had 50+ years to commit such an egregious crimes and got to jail, Yet... at this time has not.

This is Political and BOTH parties are are responsible of political games.

Yups!!! 100% I gotcha, I think I responded to you say that if he is GUILTY of a crime, he should held responsible. If he goes to court, found guilty by jury/judge he faces the music.

Trump and MANY business Period are potentially guilty of so many tax and financial crimes, this is NOT exclusive to Trump.

The thing that drives me crazy..... Is that Trump might be guilty of stuff and he has been. Hes paid fines, went to litigation. Yet is not in Jail.....

Now heres a different view, Kavanaugh was accused of Rape. It was ONLY Valid during his his confirmation hearing oddly. If he was truly guilty wher are we NOT pursuing him still.

This is the same with Trump, Hes POTUS, people dont like him will do everything they can to get him out. When he is out... He will disappear into oblivion.... doubt the Feds will charge or go after him after he is out.

Anyways... He didnt go to jail before he won the Presidency. Why is that if he is SUCH a criminal he has had 50+ years to commit such an egregious crimes and got to jail, Yet... at this time has not.

This is Political and BOTH parties are are responsible of political games.
I'll say that a few of the civil cases may be political, (His Niece's case, no) however the criminal investigations against Trump are active due to probable cause that warrants them.

I'll say that a few of the civil cases may be political, (His Niece's case, no) however the criminal investigations against Trump are active due to probable cause that warrants them.
Gotcha! Let me say this again........ Until Trump has his day in court and is found guilty by a jury of his peers or judge. An accusation is an accusation an opinion is an opinion.

You may not like how Trump does business. You may not understand how Trump does business. But hes got an army of Lawyers and Accountants. The US Government has infinite money to tie someone up in court.

If it is as bad as you say it is, He SURELY could have been charged WELL before he was elected as President BUT he wat not. I wonder why.

So he got his debt erased in a legal manner.

So i guess that means we can continue moving on with life.

Just so you know, the debt isn't "erased". The banks don't just say "Oh well, that's a loss, let's move on". Others have to pay it for him. Like you. And me. I realize you have a thing for Trump, but with every debt he defaulted on, the non-wealthy citizens and those of us who didn't inherit millions from Daddy ended up covering it. That bothers normal people.

This born rich guy fails so badly on the economic front.

Well when the NY times produces the tax returns I may believe it. Of course it's illegal to process them because they haven't been released so I'm sure they will be sued. On the other hand I'm pretty sure they are just making up more fake news.

Probably someone whose spouse or kids have high paid cushy jobs working in the Trump Admin.
There is an old saying which goes something like ----- if you own the bank 4,000 dollars, the bank owns you. If you owe the bank 400 million dollars then you the bank.

Just so you know, the debt isn't "erased". The banks don't just say "Oh well, that's a loss, let's move on". Others have to pay it for him. Like you. And me. I realize you have a thing for Trump, but with every debt he defaulted on, the non-wealthy citizens and those of us who didn't inherit millions from Daddy ended up covering it. That bothers normal people.

Actaully after 5 pages and PROPER Context.

Trump went to court against Deutsche for Predatory Lending Practices. Deutsche Counter sued and the result was a settlement by Deutsche for $270million.

So no the bank did NOT erase the debt. They were forced to do so through settlement due to the accusation of Predatory lending.

VERY DIFFERENT CONTEXT NO?

Actaully after 5 pages and PROPER Context.

Trump went to court against Deutsche for Predatory Lending Practices. Deutsche Counter sued and the result was a settlement by Deutsche for $270million.

So no the bank did NOT erase the debt. They were forced to do so through settlement due to the accusation of Predatory lending.

VERY DIFFERENT CONTEXT NO?

No idea why you posted this to me.

Bank debts do not get "erased".

Predatory lending? So now the Republicans believe that is a thing?

Looks like a little more is coming to light.
Looks like you could say he did it legitimately or underhandedly, based on your perspective.

He basically blamed the market downturn, and argued he shouldn't have to pay back his loan, then further threatened to sue the banks for 'predatory lending' practices. Something that would tie them up in courts for years.
They relented and let him off the hook.

I don't see that as something intelligent and a method everyone can do. I see that as underhanded (though in this case, not corruption).

I lost a lot of money on the market downturn, and assure you my brokers would not reverse my losses -- even if I did threaten to sue them for taking advantage of me during the market downturn. I'm sure the same can be said for 99% of those who had losses.

The funny thing about President Shitgibbon's predatory lending claim is that predatory lending is what gave us Dodd-Frank and the CFPB, both of which the Republicans piss and moan about. The say people who fall prey to predatory lending are stupid.

Trump is claiming he was stupid.

He's right.

No idea why you posted this to me.

Bank debts do not get "erased".

Predatory lending? So now the Republicans believe that is a thing?

"In July 2010, Trump, Deutsche Bank and other lenders reached a private settlement, canceling about $270 million in debt, the Times found. "

"Trump filed a lawsuit against the lenders, saying Deutsche Bank engaged in “predatory lending practices.” Deutsche Bank filed its own lawsuit against the future president, requesting repayment of the loans. The two sides settled privately in 2010. "

The reason I posted it, your implication that the bank was in cahoots with Trump and he was able to get the bank to forgive his debt.

Probably someone whose spouse or kids have high paid cushy jobs working in the Trump Admin.

Trump did not default per the case and accusation, why would deutsche settle if the accusation were not true?

there was no underwriter that was a spouse working for the Turmp Admin. It was legally settled.

Yes he brought a suit for "Predatory lending practices" and they settled. You dont settle if you are not guilty and that person owes you money.

Back
Top Bottom