• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump finanical records show huge loan forgiveness

Normal operating procedure for trump. Get a loan and then sue the bank that gave you the loan. He's done it a few times. Maybe that's why no american bank will now loan him money. Then again didn't don jr. tell us they get a lot of revenue from russia. Must be those cash condo purchased in trump tower. I mean who doesn't pay ten million in cash? Can you say red flag?

Made a career out of stiffing contractors and working people. Gets to load the supreme court looking for favors once his sorry ass is kicked out of office.

Happy to see President Obama out there savaging donald's sorry ass. Nobody can can get donald's panties in a bunch like President Obama can...funny shit!

So he got his debt erased in a legal manner.

So i guess that means we can continue moving on with life.
By the underwriters of the loan. I wonder who those underwriters are? :unsure:

By the underwriters of the loan. I wonder who those underwriters are? :unsure:
Yet this supposed highly regulated bank which would likely have to submit to annual audits of their loans and forgiveness.
To which Trump has been submitting his tax returns to the IRS for his legal adult life. Which he has yet to be charged or accused of a crime.

To which however the New York times legally or illegally obtained, you said it "TAX Returns" Which the US Government has access to, the IRS and the FBI as well, yet not one of them has sent an Agent to his door for committing a crime.

What is your point?

Yet this supposed highly regulated bank which would likely have to submit to annual audits of their loans and forgiveness.
To which Trump has been submitting his tax returns to the IRS for his legal adult life. Which he has yet to be charged or accused of a crime.

To which however the New York times legally or illegally obtained, you said it "TAX Returns" Which the US Government has access to, the IRS and the FBI as well, yet not one of them has sent an Agent to his door for committing a crime.

What is your point?
Deutsche Bank? Highly Regulated? Looks like they might need a lot more regulating.

How does one get 300Million in debt forgiven? :unsure: Anyone know any nice banks that want to forgive loans for the rest of us?
Exactly..... If you knew how to leverage and legally apply for forgiveness would you? Half the the people screaming that trump paid $750 in taxes would be 100% hypocrites if they were given an opportunity to legally defer/expense/and forgive, taxes and debts.

Massive Corporations have Armies of Accountants that's job is to create leverage to legally reduce the tax burden. Period. Until an ACTUAL criminal charge is applied to Trump.... People are just pissed off that they are not finding ways to reduce their own tax burden.

Last edited:
Deutsche Bank? Highly Regulated? Looks like they might need a lot more regulating.

Do yo know Which bank is in question. Sorry just based on the Twitter feed it does not state and I didnt research it in specificity.

Secondly as I mentioned. The New York Times has Trumps "TAX RETURN" correct? The same one the IRS has. The same one that is likely under audit as by the IRS the POTUS and VPOTUS are under Audit during their Tenure. What ACTUAL crime was committed or are you just outraged that Trump has done something legal to which you do not agree?

PS! Yes Regulations SHOULD be looked at, and any wrong doing SHOULD be punished!

Last edited:
Exactly..... If you knew how to leverage and legally apply for forgiveness would you? Have the the people screaming that trump paid $750 in taxes would be 100% hypocrites if they were given an opportunity to legally defer/expense/and forgive, taxes and debts.

Massive Corporations have Armies of Accountants that's job is to create leverage to legally reduce the tax burden. Period. Until an ACTUAL criminal charge is applied to Trump.... People are just pissed off that they are not finding ways to reduce their own tax burden.
There's nothing to suggest this was legal -- by means anyone could take advantage of. How do you know he had 300 Million legally reduced by clever tax management? I read that the bank forgave his loan. Question is still why? I agree though, that normal people would not be able to do things like funnel millions from the government directly into their personal businesses.

since Republicans will be cool with loan forgiveness now, they shouldn't mind when we do the same for college kids.

Hang on there... Thats 2 different types of debts. Secondly. Loan Forgiveness on a business venture is structured different from a personal loan/Student loan.

Third, The Business loan has to have collateral, usually an entity is named to the loan which has different legal protections as well as Expense constants and right offs.

A Student loan is VERY different. An individual is NOT forced to take a student loan, there is NO one forcing them to go to college. its a choice.

There's nothing to suggest this was legal -- by means anyone could take advantage of. How do you know he had 300 Million legally reduced by clever tax management? I read that the bank forgave his loan. Question is still why? I agree though, that normal people would not be able to do things like funnel millions from the government directly into their personal businesses.

In America, Its "innocent until proven guilty". Anytime you are free to lob an accusation, thats your opinion .... So what law did he break/what is illegal? What compelling evidence do you have? Thanks!

In America, Its "innocent until proven guilty". Anytime you are free to lob an accusation, thats your opinion .... So what law did he break/what is illegal? What compelling evidence do you have? Thanks!
The simple fact that no one normally gets 300 million forgiven for no reason -- especially from a bank. If you don't have a reason, then it's just as likely a hypothesis that it was through non-legal or sketchy means.
That being said, since he's refused to divulge tax returns or any other clues into his business dealings for anytime into the foreseeable future, you or I won't get any substantial evidence to corroberate either hypothesis any time soon.

Last edited:
Exactly..... If you knew how to leverage and legally apply for forgiveness would you? Have the the people screaming that trump paid $750 in taxes would be 100% hypocrites if they were given an opportunity to legally defer/expense/and forgive, taxes and debts.

He doesn't claim at this point that he's defered/or had forgiven taxes. He now claims he " PRE-PAID" his taxes. No oxygen breathing life-form believes that crap.

The simple fact that no one normally gets 300 million forgiven for no reason -- especially from a bank. If you don't have a reason, then it's just as likely a hypothesis that it was through non-legal means.
So what Crime has he been charged with....

Again I will say, Innocent Until Proven guilty. You have him guilty of a crime yet cannot even apply a single statute that would qualify this as illegal. The limited information of 300 million forgiveness is so contextually misleading.

Do we not know if he has broken up the loan into different loans, Do we know if the loan was under a protected LLC/entity, that went under settlement of Bankruptcy.

I say this again. New York Post supposedly has Trumps Tax Returns RIGHT. If this is True, Guess what, the IRS has his Tax Returns Showing $300million Forgiveness right? If it was NOT legally justified would there NOT be Feds crawling up Trumps behind under some kind of Tax Evasion? THE IRS, FBI and Federal Government SEES it if its true. Why is he not charged with a crime?

1) The New York Times does NOT have his Tax Returns and this is all BS
2) The IRS has his tax returns and have justified that this is LEGAL.

one of the best things about this Trump Presidency is that now the people (that weren't paying attention) now know that he's a turrible business baby.

He doesn't claim at this point that he's defered/or had forgiven taxes. He now claims he " PRE-PAID" his taxes. No oxygen breathing life-form believes that crap.
Do you understand the Tax law? I pre-pay my Taxes. I have filed Estimated taxes for the last 10 years. If I over pay based on my LEGAL fillings, I apply the over-payement as a PRE Payment for the Following year to reduces my Quarterly Filings.

SO YES.... You can Pre Pay your taxes under the estimated income you would likely make for the following year.

Do you NOT understand or Know that this exist?

one of the best things about this Trump Presidency is that now the people (that weren't paying attention) now know that he's a turrible business baby.

Everything about Trump is a lie and fraud.....and his supporters are easily duped, nothing more than marks to him.

We are going to start learning the truth about Donald Trump, his family, the Trump Organization and his corrupt presidency in the next four years. We have already seen the stories from the insiders. Even though they have painted a consistent picture of Trump as a charlatan, we, as a people have generally looked the other way; been in denial. We soon will have to face the truth of the wretched man that we let become our "leader"......

I am glad those days are winding down, though I am not looking forward to the damage assessment.

Hang on there... Thats 2 different types of debts. Secondly. Loan Forgiveness on a business venture is structured different from a personal loan/Student loan.

Third, The Business loan has to have collateral, usually an entity is named to the loan which has different legal protections as well as Expense constants and right offs.

A Student loan is VERY different. An individual is NOT forced to take a student loan, there is NO one forcing them to go to college. its a choice.

I guess not, lol. Well, hopefully we'll do it anyway. I want our population to be as educated as possible.

So what Crime has he been charged with....

Again I will say, Innocent Until Proven guilty. You have him guilty of a crime yet cannot even apply a single statute that would qualify this as illegal. The limited information of 300 million forgiveness is so contextually misleading.

Do we not know if he has broken up the loan into different loans, Do we know if the loan was under a protected LLC/entity, that went under settlement of Bankruptcy.

I say this again. New York Post supposedly has Trumps Tax Returns RIGHT. If this is True, Guess what, the IRS has his Tax Returns Showing $300million Forgiveness right? If it was NOT legally justified would there NOT be Feds crawling up Trumps behind under some kind of Tax Evasion? THE IRS, FBI and Federal Government SEES it if its true. Why is he not charged with a crime?

1) The New York Times does NOT have his Tax Returns and this is all BS
2) The IRS has his tax returns and have justified that this is LEGAL.
Reminds me of Trump forgiving 1 billion from Somalia (Debt forgiveness from Somalia rewards corruption).
I guess from your perspective, they were just wiser and more intelligent leaders than most, in structuring their finances and liabilities.

I guess not, lol. Well, hopefully we'll do it anyway. I want our population to be as educated as possible.

???? I respectfully disagree, a personal debt is a personal debt, ... I did NOT go to college because my family could not afford it. Nor could I on my own. I decided to join the military, educate myself and currently own my own business and actually to the contrary, doing well and happy. I still to this day do not have a college degree. But I hold designations and license to qualify my business.

I TOO want "OUR" population to be educated. But a College degree and a debt associated to that degree does not guarantee success. Hard work, drive is part measure of success.

What I would like to see? In highschool teaching kids how to open up a bank account. The Difference of a W2 and a 1099. Gross Revenue vs Net Profit. P&L sheets.

Teaching our future how to properly manage our money, how to manage their finances. Thats what I want to teach them.

The reality that I see? Get a College degree, you will likely Get out get a job at a Firm and start at $50,000 a year with benefits. After the first year you can get your bonus and buy that brand new BMW..... and the spiral downhill begins.

OR the WORSE reality. There IS NO $50,000 job...They are sitting on $100,000 Student loan with a Degree that is usless. They are TOO entitled to work at job that pays $8.75hr starting and say why do I have to wash dishes when I have a degree......

Reminds me of Trump forgiving 1 billion from Somalia (Debt forgiveness from Somalia rewards corruption).
I guess from your perspective, they were just wiser and more intelligent leaders than most, in structuring their finances and liabilities.

I have read through this post multiple times, please focus on where it "SPECIFICALLY" states Trump Forgave $1billion.

I got this out of it,

"Congress should be outraged. Between 1991 and 2011, Somalia received more than $50 billion in aid, and the United States has since provided it with hundreds of millions of dollars more annually in U.S. aid. "
Nothing to do with Trump?

"claiming progress in Somalia’s goal to win nearly $5 billion in debt relief. That debt includes $1 billion owed by Somalia to the U.S. Treasury. Whereas the Trump administration initially took a skeptical approach to Somalia’s request for debt forgiveness, it reportedly is beginning to change its tune."

I does NOT say Trump Forgave the debt though.

Im going to research this, but this seems factually false to say trump forgave $1billion for Somalia, to which he had nothing to do with giving them $1billion in the first place. Secondly $1billion compared to $50billion+? Even if this is true, putting this into context. $1billion to the $50+billion owed? That just means that the other $49+billion is still outsanding?

Back
Top Bottom