• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump finanical records show huge loan forgiveness

I have read through this post multiple times, please focus on where it "SPECIFICALLY" states Trump Forgave $1billion.

I got this out of it,

"Congress should be outraged. Between 1991 and 2011, Somalia received more than $50 billion in aid, and the United States has since provided it with hundreds of millions of dollars more annually in U.S. aid. "
Nothing to do with Trump?

"claiming progress in Somalia’s goal to win nearly $5 billion in debt relief. That debt includes $1 billion owed by Somalia to the U.S. Treasury. Whereas the Trump administration initially took a skeptical approach to Somalia’s request for debt forgiveness, it reportedly is beginning to change its tune."

I does NOT say Trump Forgave the debt though.

Im going to research this, but this seems factually false to say trump forgave $1billion for Somalia, to which he had nothing to do with giving them $1billion in the first place. Secondly $1billion compared to $50billion+? Even if this is true, putting this into context. $1billion to the $50+billion owed? That just means that the other $49+billion is still outsanding?
US to cancel Somalia’s $1b debt in new deal

This article is from September 28,2020. Can you remind me who presided over the US during that period?
Admittedly, I did not see a press conference with Trump smiling and hugging their leader, but it's in the news just the same. And since your side loves to take credit for every action that happened under Trump, I was assuming you would continue that tradition on this one.

???? I respectfully disagree, a personal debt is a personal debt, ... I did NOT go to college because my family could not afford it. Nor could I on my own. I decided to join the military, educate myself and currently own my own business and actually to the contrary, doing well and happy. I still to this day do not have a college degree. But I hold designations and license to qualify my business.

I TOO want "OUR" population to be educated. But a College degree and a debt associated to that degree does not guarantee success. Hard work, drive is part measure of success.

What I would like to see? In highschool teaching kids how to open up a bank account. The Difference of a W2 and a 1099. Gross Revenue vs Net Profit. P&L sheets.

Teaching our future how to properly manage our money, how to manage their finances. Thats what I want to teach them.

The reality that I see? Get a College degree, you will likely Get out get a job at a Firm and start at $50,000 a year with benefits. After the first year you can get your bonus and buy that brand new BMW..... and the spiral downhill begins.

OR the WORSE reality. There IS NO $50,000 job...They are sitting on $100,000 Student loan with a Degree that is usless. They are TOO entitled to work at job that pays $8.75hr starting and say why do I have to wash dishes when I have a degree......

maybe if their parents give them millions of dollars, they can go bankrupt a few times and completely mismanage a pandemic.

our President is compromised.

it'll all come out eventually and then you guys won't be able to find one person who will admit to voting for or supporting him.

US to cancel Somalia’s $1b debt in new deal

This article is from September 28,2020. Can you remind me who presided over the US during that period?
Admittedly, I did not see a press conference with Trump smiling and hugging their leader, but it's in the news just the same. And since your side loves to take credit for every action that happened under Trump, I was assuming you would continue that tradition on this one.
Thanks for the clarification I again did NOT get that from your original Post.

Ok I still dont know the Context. But lets quickly apply it logically.

1) This was a negotiation. is this illegal by any standards? If so why is anyone not charged with a crime?

2) Somehow you are correlating that this is the same as Trumps Tax return showing $300million in debt forgiveness? How are they the same. One is a Loan by a man/corporation, to which a lending institution lended money to an entity and forgave the debt. This in stark contrast to international diplomacy of International Aid.

Anyways.....

1) What crimes were committed with the $1b debt cancellation and if it was an atrocity why did Congress not Act
2) What crime was committed by Trump in regards to his $300million debt.

Still waiting. You are lobbing unrelated things and trying to tie something that "looks bad" to feed your emotion which NOTHING logically or factually applies.

Exactly..... If you knew how to leverage and legally apply for forgiveness would you? Half the the people screaming that trump paid $750 in taxes would be 100% hypocrites if they were given an opportunity to legally defer/expense/and forgive, taxes and debts.

Massive Corporations have Armies of Accountants that's job is to create leverage to legally reduce the tax burden. Period. Until an ACTUAL criminal charge is applied to Trump.... People are just pissed off that they are not finding ways to reduce their own tax burden.
That is GARBAGE. We MAKE laws so folks cant create moral hazards. Just cuz we would take the same money does NOt make it any more moral.

maybe if their parents give them millions of dollars, they can go bankrupt a few times and completely mismanage a pandemic.
Irrelevant, to the topic.... not sure how that even applies to the topic, but great emotional distraction.

Lets address that

Forbes has Trump Net worth $2.5Billion.

So Trump himself must have done great to take millions of dollars, win some and lose some but build a net worth of $2.5billion.

Sounds like he did alright with his money?

compared to a Broken Hunter Biden, kicked out of the military for drugs. Hired by Burisma, Hundreds if not millions of dollars. to be found broke in a child custody battle.....

As for the Pandemic. I will be honest.... You are damned if you do, damned if you dont...... The Pandemic was a loser for everyone and anyone. Mismanage is your opinion and I feel that I cannot fairly debate your opinion as there was surely mismanaged steps that I do NOT disagree with you! =)

1) This was a negotiation. is this illegal by any standards? If so why is anyone not charged with a crime?

2) Somehow you are correlating that this is the same as Trumps Tax return showing $300million in debt forgiveness? How are they the same. One is a Loan by a man/corporation, to which a lending institution lended money to an entity and forgave the debt. This in stark contrast to international diplomacy of International Aid.

Anyways.....

1) What crimes were committed with the $1b debt cancellation and if it was an atrocity why did Congress not Act

Still waiting. You are lobbing unrelated things and trying to tie something that "looks bad" to feed your emotion which NOTHING logically or factually applies.
Mobsters will give you money, then forgive it, but someday, you will get that phone call, and you WILL do what they say. Same here.

Anyways.....

The point is that there is the presence of impropriety and corruption in this and many other dealings he and his family have had since Trump has been in the White House. I posted the article to make an analogy, and why it's not always smart tax thinking that gets one out of inordinate debt quite easily. When you put it that way, you make it sound like everyone has the same honest and legal right to do the same, it's just that they are not smart enough -- I disagree. Everyone could legally have someone cheat on their SAT to get into college, but that doesn't make those who do it smarter or better than others who have the same opportunity.

Irrelevant, to the topic.... not sure how that even applies to the topic, but great emotional distraction.

Lets address that

Forbes has Trump Net worth $2.5Billion.

So Trump himself must have done great to take millions of dollars, win some and lose some but build a net worth of $2.5billion.

Sounds like he did alright with his money?

compared to a Broken Hunter Biden, kicked out of the military for drugs. Hired by Burisma, Hundreds if not millions of dollars. to be found broke in a child custody battle.....

As for the Pandemic. I will be honest.... You are damned if you do, damned if you dont...... The Pandemic was a loser for everyone and anyone. Mismanage is your opinion and I feel that I cannot fairly debate your opinion as there was surely mismanaged steps that I do NOT disagree with you! =)

he shouldn't have any problem when his debt comes due, in that case. maybe his fan club can pitch in.

That is GARBAGE. We MAKE laws so folks cant create moral hazards. Just cuz we would take the same money does NOt make it any more moral.
What is Garbage?

The Tax code exist today, Biden has been in office for 47 years.

The Tax code has gone through MANY changes. Its not about Moral Hazrads its about paying taxes based on the Tax Code. If you do NOT like it lobby to your congress person to change it.

Fact is Trump has been in office for almost 4 years and did 1 tax cut during his Tenure. the prior years were all legally laid before him. IF he has NOT committed a crime in the IRS and FBI eyes to which they have his Tax filing EVERY SINGLE year of his life and have yet to find a crime. Whos fault is it? Its surely is not Trumps fault?

since Republicans will be cool with loan forgiveness now, they shouldn't mind when we do the same for college kids.

if your college lender wants to forgive your debts that’s cool. There’s no need for the government to do it.

What is Garbage?

The Tax code exist today, Biden has been in office for 47 years.

The Tax code has gone through MANY changes. Its not about Moral Hazrads its about paying taxes based on the Tax Code. If you do NOT like it lobby to your congress person to change it.

Fact is Trump has been in office for almost 4 years and did 1 tax cut during his Tenure. the prior years were all legally laid before him. IF he has NOT committed a crime in the IRS and FBI eyes to which they have his Tax filing EVERY SINGLE year of his life and have yet to find a crime. Whos fault is it? Its surely is not Trumps fault?
What is garbage is saying that since we would take hundreds of millions free, that it then is ok for Trump to do so.

The point is that there is the presence of impropriety and corruption in this and many other dealings he and his family have had since Trump has been in the White House. I posted the article to make an analogy, and why it's not always smart tax thinking that gets one out of inordinate debt quite easily. When you put it that way, you make it sound like everyone has the same honest and legal right to do the same, it's just that they are not smart enough -- I disagree. Everyone could legally have someone cheat on their SAT to get into college, but that doesn't make those who do it smarter or better than others who have the same opportunity.

What the heck are you talking about, How do you have someone cheat legally for you on your SAT. THAT IS NOT LEGAL. There is no legal way to do it.

Everyone DOES have the legal right its in the TAX Code.

The difference is how you setup entities, corporations, Tax liabilities, assets and collateral. Its also how you negotiate with the lenders and banking institutions.

There are NET dollar differences of course. But YES there is ever opportunity to take advantage of the tax code.

What is the difference of a 2.5billion Net worth individual apply for 300mill debt forgivness

and the Old lady that hasnt paid her taxes for 10+ years and Owes $100,000 to the IRS, yet the IRS settles for a debt consolidation of $10,000. It exist for EVERYONE. Its just how you use and apply the tax code.

If Trump did something illegal the IRS would have it and send the FBI to charge him with a crime.

WHAT CRIME are you insighting? Nothing.........

So he got his debt erased in a legal manner.

So i guess that means we can continue moving on with life.
Erased? Yeah right. Those debts were paid, just not by Trump. The banks didn't just swallow it. Bad debts are built in to every good-faith borrowers interest rates. Some slimy bastards know how to scam the system and be covered by everyone else, that's all.

What is garbage is saying that since we would take hundreds of millions free, that it then is ok for Trump to do so.

If the Roles were reversed "you" were net worth 2.5billion had tax exposures and negotiated with a bank and they offered you debt forgiveness , you would take it.

Anyone would, Dont be a hypocrite.

How about this. a Business is an entity. Just like you and me. They want the Business Tax Rate to be 39%.

If you make $100,000 and the STRAIGHT tax rate for EVERYONE is 39%, Just remember you should pay your fair share of $39,000 and take home $61,000. You ok with that?

Compared to now, most people Making $100,000 gross... less expenses ($25,000 to which they likely used for themselves anyways) , $75,000 net taxable income, taking your overall tax exposure down to 21% meaning you only pay $15,750 in real taxes..... Meaning you take home $59,250 (+ the $25,000 expense you paid)

The Tax law is tilted.... but hey dont let me tell you that..... it should be your responsibility to figure it out not mine.

How does one get 300Million in debt forgiven? :unsure: Anyone know any nice banks that want to forgive loans for the rest of us?
Right. I would like forgiveness
In America, Its "innocent until proven guilty". Anytime you are free to lob an accusation, thats your opinion .... So what law did he break/what is illegal? What compelling evidence do you have? Thanks!
Internet forum =/= criminal court.

So you can quit falling back to the bottom for defense.

if your college lender wants to forgive your debts that’s cool. There’s no need for the government to do it.

i don't have any college loans.

What the heck are you talking about, How do you have someone cheat legally for you on your SAT. THAT IS NOT LEGAL. There is no legal way to do it.

Everyone DOES have the legal right its in the TAX Code.

The difference is how you setup entities, corporations, Tax liabilities, assets and collateral. Its also how you negotiate with the lenders and banking institutions.

There are NET dollar differences of course. But YES there is ever opportunity to take advantage of the tax code.

What is the difference of a 2.5billion Net worth individual apply for 300mill debt forgivness

and the Old lady that hasnt paid her taxes for 10+ years and Owes $100,000 to the IRS, yet the IRS settles for a debt consolidation of $10,000. It exist for EVERYONE. Its just how you use and apply the tax code.

If Trump did something illegal the IRS would have it and send the FBI to charge him with a crime.

WHAT CRIME are you insighting? Nothing.........

Are you kidding me? Trump had someone take his SAT test for him to get into the college he couldn't get into on his own. If that's illegal, how come he hasn't been indicted?

So Trump followed the tax laws put in place by our congress and people are upset over this?

Sounds like just more Trump hate.

Now on another note president Trump is on his way to winning reelection in 2020!

Right. I would like forgiveness

Internet forum =/= criminal court.

So you can quit falling back to the bottom for defense.

And again.... You can lob accusations, make post/threads Yet the caption poster was accusing Trump that it was illegal and a crime was committed. What crime?

Im not falling back on anything other than what is legal and illegal. NOW if there is a crime and he is found guilty I WILL Accept it wholeheartedly. Will you accept the fact that if it is completely legal. you would accept it?

And again.... You can lob accusations, make post/threads Yet the caption poster was accusing Trump that it was illegal and a crime was committed. What crime?

Im not falling back on anything other than what is legal and illegal. NOW if there is a crime and he is found guilty I WILL Accept it wholeheartedly. Will you accept the fact that if it is completely legal. you would accept it?

You are falling back. Ethical doesn't matter to trumpettes because that line has long been crossed. So now everything is measured solely by "was it legal". Well sure... we can play that.

Pick one.

Are you kidding me? Trump had someone take his SAT test for him to get into the college he couldn't get into on his own. If that's illegal, how come he hasn't been indicted?
My Apologies I completely misread and misunderstood your post. That was my error. I re-read your post so I would like to clarify,

Can you do me a favor Im going to google the heck out of this, but can you provide context to this? I thought I heard something, about it, But I dont know if its true or not.

Let me clarify my statement. To be fair, actually I do not know the ACTUAL legalities/law of someone taking another person's SAT test ( i will research though). I would ASSUME that it is illegal (and going off of your post). Maybe its not, its just a civil penalty rather than a criminal penalty.

That being said, lets apply apply a crime.

Trump tells someone to rob a diamond store as he wants X diamond. Yes the person that actually committed the crime would be guilty when caught and if there was proof that trump coordinated and sanctioned/funded the action he would be an accessory to the crime.

Trump Pays someone to take his SAT, the person taking the test for another person would be caught, the person who sanctioned it would be an accessory? If you are saying that there is a LEGAL way to do this, Then we have some issues and that should be address and corrected as I DO NOT agree with this. Bet retroacting the law is now how it works that addressing and moving forward.

OK Anyways... moving on to the topic as the diversion was like Helix and the Student loans, nice moral diversion but has no relevance.

Please respond to below,
The IRS has Trumps Tax returns YES or NO?
NYP supposedly has Trumps Tax return Yes or No?

If NYP has Trump Taxes, then they are reading the exact same thing the IRS has right? Yes or NO?
If the IRS is reading the same thing, While a direct quote that 300mill was forgiven, this looks bad. BUT if there is context provided legally to the IRS. What is the problem?

If the IRS does NOT have the same thing that the NYP has, Then someone is lying. Is it the NYP with FALSE Tax returns? Or Has Trump submitted False Tax returns to the IRS?
If Trump has Submitted False Tax Returns, Than what is the NYP reporting on? As How did they get a hold of Trumps "Real Tax Returns"?

Please respond thanks!

Back
Top Bottom