• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump backs off false Iran video claim

You and me both. I don't know how people can forgive Hillary Clinton's transgressions and support her, but I also don't know how people can be so stupid to even consider sending a mess like Donald Trump to the WH. There is only one sane, decent, honorable person in the race. Johnson.

Vote for Johnson if you want, it's your vote and your choice.

However, Duvergers law is still applicable in this election and my oppinion the libertarian party is one of the weaker parties, and our electoral system favors the dominance of two major parties.

On a related issue, on Hannity, Rudy Gulliani also said they showed a video of Kerry BOWING to the Iranians.

I saw the video and that was not the case at all. Kerry was leaning down slightly because he was much taller than the Iranian he was talking to. Kerry also had his finger spread out a bit with both hands up in a gesture to explain something, NOT in a prayer, subservient gesture as they tried to say.

Talk about grasping at straws. That particular little snide attack was really pathetic.

Com'on guys. I am voting for you, but you really gotta stop with juvenile attempts like you have been doing this last two weeks.

It reminded me of the " Hitler dancing" video our propaganda very ineptly tried to pull off when France fell.

You and me both. I don't know how people can forgive Hillary Clinton's transgressions and support her, but I also don't know how people can be so stupid to even consider sending a mess like Donald Trump to the WH. There is only one sane, decent, honorable person in the race. Johnson.

Or Jill Stein. But honestly, I think I'm starting to lean towards voting for Gary Johnson.

But he's the greatest. He makes deals, and says things, and stuff.

He needs better handlers so he doesn't look so stupid, over and over and over and over and over.

Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump backed off a false claim Friday morning, admitting he had not seen a video of a $400 million payment being unloaded from a US plane in Iran.

The Republican nominee had claimed at rallies twice this week that such a video existed, saying in Maine on Thursday that it was provided by Iranians "to embarrass our president because we have a president who's incompetent."

What Trump had actually seen in news reports was video of three American prisoners who Iran had released arriving in Geneva, Switzerland.

Trump backs off false Iran video claim - CNNPolitics.com

Except Obama did give Iran that money and Iran themselves claim it was a payment for hostages. and you try to change this to weather or not Trump saw a video? Nice propaganda try.

Please specify how trump is a mess?

I hope for your country's sake Johnson is given a chance

He won't be. The Republocrats do not like challenges to their power base. But he should be given a chance.

agreed, but I hope you are wrong and he is

Duvergers law is still in play and that is what keeps third parties from gaining traction in the United States.

In political science, Duverger's law holds that plurality-rule elections (such as first past the post) structured within single-member districts tend to favor a two-party system, and that "the double ballot majority system and proportional representation tend to favor multipartism." The discovery of this tendency is attributed to Maurice Duverger, a French sociologist who observed the effect and recorded it in several papers published in the 1950s and 1960s. In the course of further research, other political scientists began calling the effect a "law" or principle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

Vote for Johnson if you want, it's your vote and your choice.

However, Duvergers law is still applicable in this election and my oppinion the libertarian party is one of the weaker parties, and our electoral system favors the dominance of two major parties.

Vote for Johnson if you want I am
it's your vote and your choice Yes it is, and yes it is

Isn't democracy grand?

Or Jill Stein. But honestly, I think I'm starting to lean towards voting for Gary Johnson.

I couldn't vote for her, her stances are simply way too far left of me. But I completely understand why she's a viable alternative to Clinton and Trump. My laundry room door is a viable alternative to Clinton and Trump.

Except Obama did give Iran that money and Iran themselves claim it was a payment for hostages. and you try to change this to weather or not Trump saw a video? Nice propaganda try.

Except that Trump didn't see the video he claimed he saw, which is why this is yet another headline news story of Trump shooting himself in the foot. Nice cluelessness and inability to follow along.

He needs better handlers so he doesn't look so stupid, over and over and over and over and over.

Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump backed off a false claim Friday morning, admitting he had not seen a video of a $400 million payment being unloaded from a US plane in Iran.

The Republican nominee had claimed at rallies twice this week that such a video existed, saying in Maine on Thursday that it was provided by Iranians "to embarrass our president because we have a president who's incompetent."

What Trump had actually seen in news reports was video of three American prisoners who Iran had released arriving in Geneva, Switzerland.

I still cannot understand how people can seriously contemplate voting for that guy. I'll be shocked if makes it all the way to November.

I still cannot understand how people can seriously contemplate voting for that guy. I'll be shocked if makes it all the way to November.

I can't understand it myself. I think - sadly - he will stay until November, which is unfortunately 3 months away and just not enough time to do anything about it. My gut tells me he really never wanted the job. He has no interest in actually governing. This was him satisfying his ego by wallowing in the adoration of the....what did he call them again - "less educated" - and flying around in his big personal jet and appearing on television constantly (not just one night a week on his reality TV show). How anyone can consider handing over the nuclear codes and our military and our economy to this maniac is just a mystery to me. They'll be studying this in our great great great grandkids' history classes asking themselves the same things.

"He isn't Clinton" isn't a grown up person reason. But then again, acting like a grown up person isn't what Trump does, so why I'd expect his adoring fans to think like a grown up is beyond me.

There isn't enough meth in the world to help me get through the next 3 months.

Except that Trump didn't see the video he claimed he saw, which is why this is yet another headline news story of Trump shooting himself in the foot. Nice cluelessness and inability to follow along.

I just saw it on FOX, recheck your source.

I can't understand it myself. I think - sadly - he will stay until November, which is unfortunately 3 months away and just not enough time to do anything about it. My gut tells me he really never wanted the job. He has no interest in actually governing. This was him satisfying his ego by wallowing in the adoration of the....what did he call them again - "less educated" - and flying around in his big personal jet and appearing on television constantly (not just one night a week on his reality TV show). How anyone can consider handing over the nuclear codes and our military and our economy to this maniac is just a mystery to me. They'll be studying this in our great great great grandkids' history classes asking themselves the same things.

"He isn't Clinton" isn't a grown up person reason. But then again, acting like a grown up person isn't what Trump does, so why I'd expect his adoring fans to think like a grown up is beyond me.

There isn't enough meth in the world to help me get through the next 3 months.

Absolutely right: very well said. It is a a total failure of the Republican party that has brought this on, but sadly I don't think they'll learn much from it. Four years will not be enough time for them, unless Hilary shoots holes in the boat, I say at least eight years for the Republicans to lay a new foundation and start acting responsible themselves. I'd love to see that. But the current Trump fans only shows the world what's really wring in this country.

Did you ever see the Robert Redford movie The Candidate?

Backs Off = backs down
Claim = outright lie

Now, where is the letter from the NFL and the video of the muslims cheering in NY on 9/11

He is a consummate BS artist

Backs Off = backs down
Claim = outright lie

Now, where is the letter from the NFL and the video of the muslims cheering in NY on 9/11

He is a consummate BS artist

Yup, CNN was actually quite generous with its headline.

Trump actually admitted he didn't see the video he claimed to see.

Keep up.

Repeat that 10 times in this thread, like I have. He'll still ignore it. I mean, assuming he stays in his "I'm a stupid Trump supporter" character.

Repeat that 10 times in this thread, like I have. He'll still ignore it. I mean, assuming he stays in his "I'm a stupid Trump supporter" character.

Those that support dickless Donald are oafs.

On a related issue, on Hannity, Rudy Gulliani also said they showed a video of Kerry BOWING to the Iranians.

I saw the video and that was not the case at all. Kerry was leaning down slightly because he was much taller than the Iranian he was talking to. Kerry also had his finger spread out a bit with both hands up in a gesture to explain something, NOT in a prayer, subservient gesture as they tried to say.

Talk about grasping at straws. That particular little snide attack was really pathetic.

Com'on guys. I am voting for you, but you really gotta stop with juvenile attempts like you have been doing this last two weeks.

It reminded me of the " Hitler dancing" video our propaganda very ineptly tried to pull off when France fell.

These kinds of lies, propaganda and vicious hatred has been going on from the likes of Hannity and Limbaugh a hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom