• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump announces commission to further 'patriotic education'

What makes our country great will never be the effectiveness of our propaganda. That idea is so uniquely conservative (see Hitler) that it should be immediately rejected and subject to the scorn of moral, thinking people. If we want our citizens growing up to believe they have a great country, it's what we DO that matters, not what we can brain wash them into repeating. Endless war, a culture of shameless political bribery, and a fascist police state are a horrible start.
Trump is working to end wars and doing a great job so far. What 'political bribery' are you referring to and, of course, there is no 'fascist police state'. You've been misinformed.

Looks like very few people get to complain about a Federal Department of Education (that is the avenue this will travel on down, and we can be sure it will end up tied to federal funding to all levels under.)

President Trump on Thursday described America’s heritage and history as under assault from the left, decrying anti-racism teachings and "cancel culture" while announcing plans for a new commission to promote "patriotic education" in U.S. schools.
In a speech delivered in somber tones at the National Archives Museum, Trump painted a dramatic and dark portrait of an effort by liberals to “indoctrinate” America’s children and repress American values, culture and faith.

Trump announces commission to further '''patriotic education'''

This is disturbing on multiple levels.
Fffff hes going to try to pull a woodrow wilson and rewrite history as if the lost cause myth wasnt already so destructive

It's disturbing to teach kids that The United States is a great country?
Its disturbing to teach kids the americana version yes. Your delusion is thinking that history was taught like some anti american rant when you are wrong. Theres a hell of a lot that was left out which kids were never taught. Its why modern day southerners think the confederate flag is about heritage not hate when the confederacy was all about hate. A desperate counter revolution against the abolition of slavery seeking to build a nation which at its cornerstone is the supremacy of the white man over the black man.

my pre-college schooling was in Alabama. While it wasnt exactly murica fk yeah! It was more unbiased than most might think though it left things out like the reason all those confederate monuments were put up and the firebombing of black wall street.

Last edited:
The Dunmore Proclamation is not evidence of anti-abolitionist motive because it punished rebellion with abolition. Too bad the author of the essay couldn’t be bothered to read it and lied about what it was. If you’re going to definitively declare fear of abolition as a central motive or even a minor one then you need cite documented evidence of that. Your ‘seems like it could have been’ with zero documented evidence doesn’t cut the mustard nor does it explain its absence from the Declaration.

As for Wilenz - the concept may be interesting but the application is predictably terrible. It’s pretty clear that the 1619 project made up centrality where none existed, lied about established historical facts, and hoped no one would notice. Too bad for them that numerous historians have and called the editors out for refusing to correct the material.

So your argument is that the person who wrote the article for 1619 didn’t actually read the source material they wrote about.

Thanks for the heads up that you’re unprepared to discuss this rationally and honestly.

Then you may have missed some of the propaganda that has been going on for the past 50 years, culminating, so far, in this 1619 project. This project is Hitlerish in it's presentation, by substituting feelings for facts, and feelings and emotions are always behind every hateful movement that has crippled and destroyed societies and countries everywhere.
Is it teaching racial superiority? Is it justifying genocide or slavery?

In fact 'racial science' is central to this 1619 project, as you can easily see.

The educational system is only one source of anti Americanism, the others being Hollywood, much of the MSM and foreign influences involved in propaganda through social media.
Hitler’s education programs taught racial science that argued Jews, Slavs, and others were racially inferior and parasitic, and for the protection of the German race, they needed to be put in concentration camps. Is that what you are accusing the 1619 Project of? Again, it’s absurd of you to claim the education of others is lacking in this thread. It’s equally absurd of Maga to pretend to care about cancel culture

What makes our country great will never be the effectiveness of our propaganda. That idea is so uniquely conservative (see Hitler) that it should be immediately rejected and subject to the scorn of moral, thinking people. If we want our citizens growing up to believe they have a great country, it's what we DO that matters, not what we can brain wash them into repeating. Endless war, a culture of shameless political bribery, and a fascist police state are a horrible start.
This whole thing from trump and this white guilt narrati

I think a lot of this narrative of leftists pushing guilt onto people guilt comes from the realization that their inability to face the dark reality of our country is becoming more and more impossible to do.

So your argument is that the person who wrote the article for 1619 didn’t actually read the source material they wrote about.

Thanks for the heads up that you’re unprepared to discuss this rationally and honestly.

They obviously did not since they framed the proclamation as blanket abolition that granted freedom to all slaves in Dunmore’s jurisdiction. I have been discussing it rationally and honestly. You’re dodging and haven’t addressed any of the issues I pointed out.

The Trump administration isn't going to go through with this because if they do then Trump's thuggish, authoritarian, fascist followers will end up learning about the Declaration of Independence and the Enlightenment-era classical liberal ideas embodied in the document, which are inherently anti-fascist.

i wouldnt bet on that.Alt-reichers are already betting on that. Classical liberalism had fatal flaws in that it had total exemptions for Certain peoples

You mean the Fascists destroying American cities? That will soon end.

Maybe you mean racists behind a wanna be king destroying American democracy.

Colluding with rival nations to win elections, rampant graft and astounding corrruption, undermining the rule of law, putting themselves above the law. ordering unidentified federal forces to attack civilians, the list goes on.

no one is treating white kids or white, littel boys like they need to apologize. Teaching them the truth, isn't asking them to apologize...it is teaching them, so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past....good lord...you guys are the Chicken littles...the sky is not falling when we tell the truth.

they cant handle it, they must constantly tell themselves everything is peachy keen.

Except it really wasn’t a major factor, no matter what the 1619 project pretends. The idea that the Revolution was fought “to save slavery” simply doesn’t have any basis in fact.

We don’t know a lot about them because, given the time period, there simply weren’t a lot of them actually involved in the fighting, and in many cases we don‘t know a whole lot about them that can actually be historically confirmed. That’s just the facts. And you always hear more about the leaders in any war than the common soldiers. How many Roman legionaries can you personally name? How many of Napoleon‘s enlisted troops? How many of the Kaiser’s infantrymen? The idea that it’s a “half truth“ because we hear more about the leaders of the Revolution is silly.
These are people that knew that they were going to be further subjugated, given Britain abolished the practice before we did, i dont see the claim as far fetched. Why worry about looking at it through the eyes of the slaves themselves?

They obviously did not since they framed the proclamation as blanket abolition that granted freedom to all slaves in Dunmore’s jurisdiction. I have been discussing it rationally and honestly. You’re dodging and haven’t addressed any of the issues I pointed out.

It was a pretty minor part of 1619, and given your position is that the authors didn’t even read the source material and that the Declaration of Independence was some sort of holy enumeration, I think I’m done here.

Uninformed trolls are gonna troll and make up information.

Hitler’s education programs taught racial science that argued Jews, Slavs, and others were racially inferior and parasitic, and for the protection of the German race, they needed to be put in concentration camps. Is that what you are accusing the 1619 Project of? Again, it’s absurd of you to claim the education of others is lacking in this thread. It’s equally absurd of Maga to pretend to care about cancel culture
When I make such an accusation you'll be the first to know.

Colluding with rival nations to win elections, rampant graft and astounding corrruption, undermining the rule of law, putting themselves above the law. ordering unidentified federal forces to attack civilians, the list goes on.
If that's what I meant I would have said so. Please don't insert your goofy leftist fantasies in my posts.

When I make such an accusation you'll be the first to know.
You appear to have made numerous uneducated statements in thread. It’s your decision to clear them up or not, but I see no evidence of the current education system on issues of race looking like Hitler’s

These are people that knew that they were going to be further subjugated, given Britain abolished the practice before we did, i dont see the claim as far fetched. Why worry about looking at it through the eyes of the slaves themselves?
The 1619 Project is not being authored by slaves.

You mean the Fascists destroying American cities? That will soon end.
Your fascist president wants to defund cities. Do you actually think that’s going to solve any issues? Lol

You appear to have made numerous uneducated statements in thread. It’s your decision to clear them up or not, but I see no evidence of the current education system on issues of race looking like Hitler’s
Then why the leftist Hitler analogies?

Your fascist president wants to defund cities. Do you actually think that’s going to solve any issues? Lol
Yes, defunding Democratic run cities which allow, and encourage, violence, destruction, murder and human suffering should have their funding withheld. Sending in the National Guard would be another option.

What would you suggest?

Accusations flow freely while any evidentiary support goes unmentioned. This is the sort of propaganda now under discussion.

Back
Top Bottom