• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump announces commission to further 'patriotic education'

Forcing people to be patriotic and thinking our nation is perfect is just ****ing stupid.

Go make your own country

I said great, not perfect. No country is perfect, but The United States has gotten closer than anyone else.

President Trump on Thursday described America’s heritage and history as under assault from the left, decrying anti-racism teachings and "cancel culture" while announcing plans for a new commission to promote "patriotic education" in U.S. schools.
In a speech delivered in somber tones at the National Archives Museum, Trump painted a dramatic and dark portrait of an effort by liberals to “indoctrinate” America’s children and repress American values, culture and faith.

Trump announces commission to further '''patriotic education'''

This is disturbing on multiple levels.

I think the kids that successfully participate in the program should get something to mark their status.

An armband, maybe? They could also have a special handshake, although with COVID, maybe more of a salute would be better.

Laura Ingraham has a good one.

https://twitter.com/giphy/status/755921685736546305?s=21

President Trump on Thursday described America’s heritage and history as under assault from the left, decrying anti-racism teachings and "cancel culture" while announcing plans for a new commission to promote "patriotic education" in U.S. schools.
In a speech delivered in somber tones at the National Archives Museum, Trump painted a dramatic and dark portrait of an effort by liberals to “indoctrinate” America’s children and repress American values, culture and faith.

I think the Dept of Ed should be eradicated.

That said, while it is still in place, I see no reason why crap like 1619 and CRT should be taught to our children. If you're gonna have a state-run education department, it should certainly be accurate (unlike 1619 project), and something that encourages patriotism of said country.

This is exactly what Hitler instituted 'patriotic' education. He needs to keep his nose out of our education system. I don't want anyone who had to pay someone to take his SAT to be involved in what our education is or isn't. What I do not want, is for our children to be lied to about what our history is and isn't. We don't need to cherry coat everything...our history has some very ugly moments as well as some beautiful ones. We need to learn and understand those moments in our history...hind sight is 20/20

Kudos to President Trump on his efforts to stop cancel culture and all the other craziness that has gripped this nation since the Dems retook the House.

Sadly, the commission will barely have three months of life.

It is clear that the Dems will win the Executive & Legislative branches, for the leftist media have successfully indoctrinated many Americans into believing that they are bigots if they fail to support the Dem agenda.

Starting in 2021 under the Harris-Biden administration, we may have to kneel at the beginning of each work day, and libraries may be cleared of any books that do not meet the approval of BLM, the DNC, & MSNBC. Needless to say, we ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to Internet censorship.

Sound scary. Is your bunker ready? Plenty of supplies?

There's that ministry of truth / re-education camp that Trumpists love to accuse "the left" of wanting.

Funny how they keep doing the things they accuse everyone else of, huh?

I've been saying for a long time that handing over the educational system over to the leftists in the country was our biggest mistake. Now they treat white kids, especially white little boys, like they need to apologize for being white. Here's an example:

" Black Lives Matter propaganda is an officially endorsed part of the curriculum for children in one Pennsylvania school district. The Washington Free Beacon revealed that “Gladwyne Elementary School — located in Lower Merion School District, one of the richest in the nation — will require fourth and fifth graders to read ‘Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness,’ which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism.”
http://newshourfirst.com/2020/08/16...tching-the-news-is-a-form-of-white-supremacy/

Kudos to President Trump on his efforts to stop cancel culture and all the other craziness that has gripped this nation since the Dems retook the House.

<snip>

How is establishing a ministry of truth to teach brazen propaganda rather than actual history with all its warts stopping "cancel culture"?

Will this commission come to my house and force me to watch Louis C.K. tell nasty sex jokes if His Orange Crapulence decides that CK was unfairly "canceled", or perhaps did you fart out some blithering nonsense because it sounded like it might reflect negatively on the left if were true?

I've been saying for a long time that handing over the educational system over to the leftists in the country was our biggest mistake. Now they treat white kids, especially white little boys, like they need to apologize for being white. Here's an example:
<snip>

That you said something stupid a number of times in the past does not somehow make it not stupid. Nobody handed the education system over to "leftists", and I'm not sure you even understand what you meant to say.

" Black Lives Matter propaganda is an officially endorsed part of the curriculum for children in one Pennsylvania school district. The Washington Free Beacon revealed that “Gladwyne Elementary School — located in Lower Merion School District, one of the richest in the nation — will require fourth and fifth graders to read ‘Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness,’ which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism.”
http://newshourfirst.com/2020/08/16...tching-the-news-is-a-form-of-white-supremacy/
no one is treating white kids or white, littel boys like they need to apologize. Teaching them the truth, isn't asking them to apologize...it is teaching them, so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past....good lord...you guys are the Chicken littles...the sky is not falling when we tell the truth.

no one is treating white kids or white, littel boys like they need to apologize. Teaching them the truth, isn't asking them to apologize...it is teaching them, so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past....good lord...you guys are the Chicken littles...the sky is not falling when we tell the truth.
They are being taught that sympathizing with a cop, or not watching the news is racist. That isn't true. It's confusing the kids.

" Gladwyne Elementary School—located in Lower Merion School District, one of the richest in the nation—will require fourth and fifth graders to read Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness, which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism. The curriculum also assigns A Kid's Book About Racism to kindergarten and first graders. "

https://freebeacon.com/campus/penns...s-white-supremacy-lessons-for-kindergartners/

It's disturbing to teach kids that The United States is a great country?

A great country acknowledges both it’s successes and failures. That is America. Countries like China and Russia hide their failures from the public which is what you are advocating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are being taught that sympathizing with a cop, or not watching the news is racist. That isn't true. It's confusing the kids.

" Gladwyne Elementary School—located in Lower Merion School District, one of the richest in the nation—will require fourth and fifth graders to read Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness, which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism. The curriculum also assigns A Kid's Book About Racism to kindergarten and first graders. "

https://freebeacon.com/campus/penns...s-white-supremacy-lessons-for-kindergartners/
can you show me where in Project 1619 it says that watching the news or sympathizing with a cop is racist? I will be waiting while you go look for what is not there. The book you are talking about also doesn't teach that cops or white people are bad...it challenges you to understand racism...but God forbid you be challenged outside of your own sheltered world.

how is it communism? The truth is communism? I bet you do not even know what the 1619 project is, other than what Brett Bart told you it is.

I know exactly what it is. It's a bald-race lie.

The Trump administration isn't going to go through with this because if they do then Trump's thuggish, authoritarian, fascist followers will end up learning about the Declaration of Independence and the Enlightenment-era classical liberal ideas embodied in the document, which are inherently anti-fascist.

That's pretty wishful thinking. They'll see to it that only the stuff that suits them goes into the program. It'll be a warped version full of religion, guns and heaven-mandated segregation, not the actual history and values of the Republic.

I know exactly what it is. It's a bald-race lie.
point out exactly what is a lie? I doubt you have even bothered to read it. Stop listening to Dobbs and Gingrich and read something for once and then figure out if it is true or not.

The problem is that liberals have a screwy, false idea of the history and values of the Republic. The federal govenment should be out of the business of determining educational content for this very reason.

That's pretty wishful thinking. They'll see to it that only the stuff that suits them goes into the program. It'll be a warped version full of religion, guns and heaven-mandated segregation, not the actual history and values of the Republic.

The problem is that liberals have a screwy, false idea of the history and values of the Republic. The federal govenment should be out of the business of determining educational content for this very reason.
I am going to challenge you as well, what is false or screwy about what is in 1619 project?

“About Whiteness,’ which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism.”

That’s not the message the book conveys. The article does not cite any passages in the book to support their claim.

The article cites 1984, which is actually a warning about the dangers of government being run by people like Donald Trump. This quote sums up the key idea in the book:

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Trump’s constant lying about things that are easily proven false is exactly what 1984 was about. Trump seems to believe that if he repeats a lie often enough people will believe it.

Last edited:
“About Whiteness,’ which claims that white people who relate to police officers or decline to watch the news are complicit in racism.”

That’s not the message the book conveys. The article does not cite any passages in the book to support their claim.

about Whiteness does not say that at all, but that is not 1619 project. I challenged you to show me anything false in that...which is what Trump is railing against...as awful and indoctrination. I will wait...because I am betting you do not know anything about it other than what Hannity, Dobbs and so forth tell you.

I am going to challenge you as well, what is false or screwy about what is in 1619 project?

Their argument that the American Revolution was fundamentally about preserving slavery for one.

about Whiteness does not say that at all, but that is not 1619 project. I challenged you to show me anything false in that...which is what Trump is railing against...as awful and indoctrination. I will wait...because I am betting you do not know anything about it other than what Hannity, Dobbs and so forth tell you.

Read my post again. I’m on your side. As you say the book does not say what the referenced articles say it does and those articles do not cite any passages in the book to back up their claims.

Their argument that the American Revolution was fundamentally about preserving slavery for one.
It was one of the elements....was it the primary factor? No, but it was nonetheless central in some of their fears of the crown

Question, has it ever occurred to you that when we talk about the Revolutionary War there is very little mention of the blacks that served during that war on either side? Do you know their names? Where they came from? Who their families are? What contributions they made? No, you don't...the only thing you hear about is Washington and Jefferson and white founders...hmmm, seems our story of half truth is more of a lie than the truth...why not tell it all instead of part of it?

Back
Top Bottom