• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Truckers warn 'disastrous' mandate will worsen supply chain chaos

Can you pick and choose the vaxx? I couldn't ( last April)..
who's gonna pay for a test? what test is there for acquired immunity? how available and expensive are they?

By now if one doesn't understand we can't vaxx ourselves out of COVID, ....

Lies. All lies. Anti-vaxxers are the obstacle to coronavirus eradication.

...and again, there is no reason to do so. The vast majority of people who threaten to quit over vaccination don't quit. The supply chain won't grind to a halt because a tiny percentage of truckers refuse to vaccinate.

Plus, no matter how essential a worker is, they can still get sick (which means they can't work) and spread the virus. That means they need to get vaccinated. Now.

There is no need, and no justification, for any exceptions for truckers.

It's this kind of inflexible and overly demanding attitude that causes resistance. Or is the supply chain problem just a coincidence and result purely of pent-up demand from an economic rebound?

Well, only 6% of deaths are due solely to covid... as of May 2021, that comes out to about 30,000 people.

You guys are just buying into the scaremongering hook, line, and sinker.
Thats been debunked several times. Why lie?

I do understand. It is still in the pandemic phase, because not enough people have immunity. We are at least 6 months away from COVID being endemic. Even the article you linked recognizes that we're still in the pandemic stage.

:rolleyes:

What is your malfunction? We're still getting over another wave of COVID that killed 125,000 people. We may see another wave this winter, as unvaccinated people lower their guard and travel, just like we did last year.

Treatments don't do anything to stop the spread, because, wait for it... you have to get sick enough to need the treatment in order to get it, and COVID is contagious before symptoms develop and in asymptomatic people.

Treatments are not preventions. You might as well say "drive as recklessly as you want and don't wear a seat belt, because we know how to treat car crashes."

It is also absolutely mind-boggling that you object to vaccines, but have no problems recommending a treatment that was produced almost as fast as the vaccines, and by the same companies! That's just ****ed up beyond all reason.
I said treatments reduce viral loading not the spread, and postexposure prophylaxis such as hydroxchloroquine combined with zinc/D3 /azithromycin have been shown by clinical results ( not controlled studies) to be effective at early hospitalization/ symptoms

Then there are mono-clonal antibodies - readily available here in Florida ( and never mentioned by Biden) reduces the viral loading that
leads to a cytokine storm and hospitalization.
The therapeutics are much more reliable then the prophylaxis, and HCQ has been bypassed for therapeutics.

But you also have to take into consideration Memory T-cells and b-cells as well as antibodies which came from acquired immunity
There are other organic ways to boost the immune system as well - a simple effective is to use the zinc/melatonin/d3/and probiotics
as a way to improve immune system responses

It's this kind of inflexible and overly demanding attitude that causes resistance.
That "resistance" is all talk and no action.

For example, the NYPD and its union reps were "furious" about the mandate. But out of 50,000 NYPD employees, only a few dozen are steadily refusing. Officers are getting vaccinated by the hundreds to meet the deadline.

Meanwhile, lawsuits are failing across the nation.

And let's get real: Demanding that people get a free, safe and readily available vaccine isn't all that demanding.

Or is the supply chain problem just a coincidence and result purely of pent-up demand from an economic rebound?
:rolleyes:

Private sector mandates have barely started. Biden's mandate doesn't even start until January 4th.

The supply chain issues we're seeing are a result of the virus itself -- and now, the consequences of a refusal to vaccinate -- not people quitting because they're terrified of getting vaccinated.

some people are not going to get vaxxed "easy" for you to say, but there re some that wont do it.
Vaxxing doersn't stop the spread - COVID is endemic.. I completely agree the vaxx is a good thing, but the mandate is not
So once again in america the minority wins and the majority loses. How do you expect this to ever end if millions in this country refuse to get vaccinated?

So once again in america the minority wins and the majority loses. How do you expect this to ever end if millions in this country refuse to get vaccinated?
you are making the assumption we can vaxx ourself out of COVID.. we can't anymore then we can the flu
or the common cold (another SARS virus)

you are making the assumption we can vaxx ourself out of COVID.. we can't anymore then we can the flu
or the common cold (another SARS virus)

Well, we certainly can't if half the population decided that it's full of 5G chips and tyranny.

Thats been debunked several times. Why lie?
Bullshit...

The MSM says they didn't say what they did, in fact, say and you run with that b/c it fits your narrative.

You leftists are so dishonest it's laughable.

Like I said to the other leftists liar - bullshit.

Like I said to the other leftists liar - bullshit.

The data you cited lists total number of deaths involving covid at 756,974. Which part of that confuses you?

The MSM says they didn't say what they did, in fact, say and you run with that b/c it fits your narrative.

Wow.... Do you want to take a deep breath and try again.
... This time make it legible...

Well, we certainly can't if half the population decided that it's full of 5G chips and tyranny.
not half, but you bring up a good point as to what % is herd immunity?
I'm thinking there isn't any

Higher rates of immunity can create selective pressure, which would favour variants that are able to infect people who have been immunized.
Vaccinating quickly and thoroughly can prevent a new variant from gaining a foothold. But again, the unevenness of vaccine roll-outs creates a challenge, Ferrari says. “You’ve got a fair bit of immunity, but you still have a fair bit of disease, and you’re stuck in the middle.”
Vaccines will almost inevitably create new evolutionary pressures that produce variants, which is a good reason to build infrastructure and processes to monitor for them, he adds.

The data you cited lists total number of deaths involving covid at 756,974. Which part of that confuses you?
Nothing confuses me... it says right in there that of the total deaths, only 6% are due only to covid.

The rest have an average of 2.6 comorbidities, which is about the same as the flu.

The biggest difference between the flu and covid is that the comorbidities that tend to result in death are different.

Is that too confusing for you??

“TCA repeatedly called on the Administration to heed our warnings regarding this mandate’s impact on the already constrained supply chain , yet they chose to proceed with a disastrous mandate which will undoubtedly ensure the trucking industry loses a substantial number of drivers,” the group said in a statement.

During a Friday interview with the Washington Examiner, Mark Allen, the CEO of the International Foodservice Distributors Association, said he was surprised that there were not specific exemptions for truckers, especially given the solitary nature of the job and that most drivers are alone in their vehicles all day and have little person-to-person interaction.
We require reps and divers to wear masks when making deliveries and orders.

They wear the masks or they don't do business with us. Period.

They do business with us. We all make money.

When a product is not available, it isn't because of masks. It is because there aren't enough dockworkers to unload the ships and truckers to move the product to the warehouses. And the shortage of those workers is due to pay and benefits...not masks. Once it gets to the warehouse, then its no problem because they warehouse truckers get paid better (for the most part) then their counterparts on the docks.

The lack of interaction as stated by Mark Allen is complete and utter BS. Product is loaded onto the trucks at the warehouse and invoices are coded and signed, a driver interacts with at least ten people there. Then they drive to several stores, get out, be greeted at the store to be let in and then offloads and the invoices are checked, the drivers interact with anywhere from five to fifteen persons per stop. Then the drivers go back for reload and the process starts over again. Then they check out back at the warehouse at the end of the shift.

Drivers that go from dock to warehouse deal with slightly less people, but it is the same process. Only long-haul drivers can claim to not interact with that many people, but they aren't the majority of the drivers out there.

Masks are not the problem. The problem is that people figured out their worth and are walking off of jobs to find better ones. And that has nothing to do with masks.

Hell, if you told a driver he'd make more per mile per package if he wore a mask while driving...he'd ask if he could wear two masks to double his pay....

Higher rates of immunity can create selective pressure, which would favour variants that are able to infect people who have been immunized.
Vaccinating quickly and thoroughly can prevent a new variant from gaining a foothold. But again, the unevenness of vaccine roll-outs creates a challenge, Ferrari says. “You’ve got a fair bit of immunity, but you still have a fair bit of disease, and you’re stuck in the middle.”
Vaccines will almost inevitably create new evolutionary pressures that produce variants, which is a good reason to build infrastructure and processes to monitor for them, he adds.
For me, the problem with herd immunity is that some of the less healthy out there, or those who have compromised immune systems (like my wife) will take on a greater chance of dying.

My wife doesn't want to die because someone doesn't want to take a shot that will help.

I simply don't want my wife to die. I love her.

Bullshit...

You leftists are so dishonest it's laughable.
Yawn. https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-claim-that-covid-death-counts-are-inflated1/

Might wanna take some anti diarrhea meds yourself bullshit man. You trumpists are a death cult not fit to call yourselves American. Knuckle-dragging uncivilized and uncultured dregs trying to drag us back into the dark ages to live out your machismo fantasy. To be honest all trumpists deserve horse paste.

For me, the problem with herd immunity is that some of the less healthy out there, or those who have compromised immune systems (like my wife) will take on a greater chance of dying.

My wife doesn't want to die because someone doesn't want to take a shot that will help.

I simply don't want my wife to die. I love her.
herd immunity doesn't seem to be happening is the point.
I have a sister who had a recent liver transplant - she just recently was able to the the vaxx . i get that.

But vaxxing isn't stopping the spread -that's becoming obvious. for your wife/my sister the only real safe thing is social distencing

We require reps and divers to wear masks when making deliveries and orders.

They wear the masks or they don't do business with us. Period.

They do business with us. We all make money.

When a product is not available, it isn't because of masks. It is because there aren't enough dockworkers to unload the ships and truckers to move the product to the warehouses. And the shortage of those workers is due to pay and benefits...not masks. Once it gets to the warehouse, then its no problem because they warehouse truckers get paid better (for the most part) then their counterparts on the docks.

The lack of interaction as stated by Mark Allen is complete and utter BS. Product is loaded onto the trucks at the warehouse and invoices are coded and signed, a driver interacts with at least ten people there. Then they drive to several stores, get out, be greeted at the store to be let in and then offloads and the invoices are checked, the drivers interact with anywhere from five to fifteen persons per stop. Then the drivers go back for reload and the process starts over again. Then they check out back at the warehouse at the end of the shift.

Drivers that go from dock to warehouse deal with slightly less people, but it is the same process. Only long-haul drivers can claim to not interact with that many people, but they aren't the majority of the drivers out there.

Masks are not the problem. The problem is that people figured out their worth and are walking off of jobs to find better ones. And that has nothing to do with masks.

Hell, if you told a driver he'd make more per mile per package if he wore a mask while driving...he'd ask if he could wear two masks to double his pay....
masks dont help stop the spread. they do help in a localized contact point - like to keep people coughing on you
* i could be snarky here and say "please don't pull a Biden and say I don't understand supply chains*

Most places dont even require masks anymore (here in florida) -medical establishments do, and employers sometimes make employees
wear them

The problem is that people figured out their worth and are walking off of jobs to find better ones. And that has nothing to do with masks.
that's ALWAYS been the case - but there are other factors now with 20 millon-some men in their prime not working at all!

:)

Depends. For measles, it's 97%.

Yawn. https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-claim-that-covid-death-counts-are-inflated1/

Might wanna take some anti diarrhea meds yourself bullshit man. You trumpists are a death cult not fit to call yourselves American. Knuckle-dragging uncivilized and uncultured dregs trying to drag us back into the dark ages to live out your machismo fantasy. To be honest all trumpists deserve horse paste.
I linked the actual CDC report that says exactly what I said...

Can't get much more accurate than that!!!

Yet, you refuse to look at their own words - instead, you rely on some other source that says they didn't say what they said, lol...

Like I said, you clowns are hilarious.

Here, I'll link it for you again... sun was in your eyes on the first attempt, huh?? ;)

Here, I'll link it for you again... sun was in your eyes on the first attempt, huh?? ;)

This has been debunked as early as 2020 and even earlier. I dont need you to link your gatcha again. Just chew on some horse paste for me will ya?

I linked the actual CDC report that says exactly what I said...

Can't get much more accurate than that!!!

Yet, you refuse to look at their own words - instead, you rely on some other source that says they didn't say what they said, lol...

Like I said, you clowns are hilarious.
Yes it gets more accurate than that :).

Back
Top Bottom