• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Truckers warn 'disastrous' mandate will worsen supply chain chaos

Confirming yet again trumpists dont deserve civilization.

Nothing confuses me... it says right in there that of the total deaths, only 6% are due only to covid.

The rest have an average of 2.6 comorbidities, which is about the same as the flu.

The biggest difference between the flu and covid is that the comorbidities that tend to result in death are different.

Is that too confusing for you??
Wow..... allow me to explain it to you in layman's terms. Covid exploits comorbidities. For example, let's say I have COPD. Now, COPD is no death sentence and I could still live a long life. But, if I have COPD and catch covid, it can cause complications with the COPD. And I could die. Without the introduction of covid, I would of lived. That's known as "dying of covid".

This has been debunked as early as 2020 and even earlier. I dont need you to link your gatcha again. Just chew on some horse paste for me will ya?
Again, I linked the actual CDC report where they say exactly that... you see where it says CDC?? Still can't wrap your brain around the facts??

I presented you with the actual, irrefutable evidence, and you still babble "debunked", lol...

Again, I linked the actual CDC report where they say exactly that... you see where it says CDC?? Still can't wrap your brain around the facts??

I presented you with the actual, irrefutable evidence, and you still babble "debunked", lol...
Ive presented irrefutable evidence quite clearly. Do me a favor, chew some horse paste.

Wow..... allow me to explain it to you in layman's terms. Covid exploits comorbidities. For example, let's say I have COPD. Now, COPD is no death sentence and I could still live a long life. But, if I have COPD and catch covid, it can cause complications with the COPD. And I could die. Without the introduction of covid, I would of lived. That's known as "dying of covid".
I would suggest you stay home, and follow all the requisite medical advice then...

But you don't want to do that, do you?? You want to use this public annoyance to destroy society.

You're sick.

I would suggest you stay home, and follow all the requisite medical advice then...

But you don't want to do that, do you?? You want to use this public annoyance to destroy society.

You're sick.
Do you need me to explain it again for you? So, now you not longer need to go forward without the correct information. Now, doesn't that feel good?

You're sick.
I would suggest you start snarfing horse paste.

Do you need me to explain it again for you? So, now you not longer need to go forward without the correct information. Now, doesn't that feel good?
Nah lets start trolling them from now on. Its been debunked enough.

Depends. For measles, it's 97%.
TY. I googled up this looking at the measles info -and found this, a quick read worth your time

At the start of the pandemic, figures like 60 to 70% were given as estimates of how much of the population would need immunity from the coronavirus in order to reach herd immunity.

With the increase in variants, which are more infectious and could potentially impact the effectiveness of the vaccines, that percentage is now estimated to be higher—some say up to 85%. And it has become more difficult to pin down.

“If we continue to let this pandemic run wild... there is a probability that there will eventually be a variant against which the vaccines will be less effective.”
— Saad Omer, MBBS, PhD, MPH, director of the Yale Institute for Global Health

True. The law that prohibits cannabis users from retaining their class A &B licences is absurd. Cannabis shows up in your system up to 30 days after use. So driver's who've used cannabis are getting tested two weeks later and failing their tests. Now certainly, if cannabis impaired one at the same level as alcohol I could see the issue. But people high on cannabis actually drive much slower and with extreme caution. Either way I find it amazing that in this day and age commercial drivers are allowed to drink in their off time, but are restricted from cannabis use.
People should not be using cannabis/pot and driving. That is not okay and people under such influence have caused accidents.

That being said, I believe that there should be a simpler way to determine if someone is truly currently under the influence while they are driving rather than some sort of residual left over in the system, similar to how we have breathalyzers and give those drinking a threshold to be within.

So once again in america the minority wins and the majority loses. How do you expect this to ever end if millions in this country refuse to get vaccinated?
Not getting vaxxed is a lot like driving drunk, chances are good you won't be killed or kill anybody else.

Last edited:
TY. I googled up this looking at the measles info -and found this, a quick read worth your time

At the start of the pandemic, figures like 60 to 70% were given as estimates of how much of the population would need immunity from the coronavirus in order to reach herd immunity.

With the increase in variants, which are more infectious and could potentially impact the effectiveness of the vaccines, that percentage is now estimated to be higher—some say up to 85%. And it has become more difficult to pin down.

The USA lacks the will to solve any problems right now, so we will never even hit 70%.

You're sick.

That sounds totally rational.

That "resistance" is all talk and no action.

For example, the NYPD and its union reps were "furious" about the mandate. But out of 50,000 NYPD employees, only a few dozen are steadily refusing. Officers are getting vaccinated by the hundreds to meet the deadline.

Meanwhile, lawsuits are failing across the nation.

And let's get real: Demanding that people get a free, safe and readily available vaccine isn't all that demanding.

:rolleyes:

Private sector mandates have barely started. Biden's mandate doesn't even start until January 4th.

The supply chain issues we're seeing are a result of the virus itself -- and now, the consequences of a refusal to vaccinate -- not people quitting because they're terrified of getting vaccinated.

Many of these factories overseas that produce our goods shutdown for extended periods because some of the employees tested positive for a disease that's only fatal for less than 1%. That's been the single biggest interruption in the global supply chain problem over a hyped-up fear.

Many of these factories overseas that produce our goods shutdown for extended periods because some of the employees tested positive for a disease that's only fatal for less than 1%.
Right. So when your argument abjectly fails, you just move the goalposts.

Unsurprisingly, that won't work for you either. 9/11 killed 3,000 Americans and we reorganized huge swaths of our military, law enforcement, intelligence gathering, espionage, immigration and travel policies over it, which has impacted our lives and entire society ever since.

COVID has killed over 5 million people worldwide, including 700,000 Americans, will be the 3rd leading cause of death for the second year in a row, and it isn't done yet. It's killed 5 million world wide, despite constant efforts to keep it in check. And yet, you can't be bothered to do jack shit about it.

We are also know that efforts to encourage voluntary vaccination are tapped out, and aren't sufficient to get enough people vaccinated. Making the vaccines more widely available helped, but all those lotteries and bonuses and polite talk? That stuff didn't work. That means it's time for mandates.

Why don't you tell us what death rate would justify vaccine mandates, eh? 2%? 5%? 10%? 50%? How many more Americans have to die before you are willing to accept a vaccine mandate? Go on, give us a number.

Wrong. There are no cannabis tests that measure impairment. Only the level of THC Currently in your system, which is not a reliable measure of impairment.

Wrong. You need to stop misleading people.

The Ohio statute specifically states 2 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana in the driver's blood or 10 nanograms per milliliter in urine.

I made 134 arrests for DWI with 131 convictions for DWI, one conviction for DUI, one conviction for impaired driving and one unfounded.

That was back in the day when the lesser offense impaired driving was 0.08, driving under the influence (DUI) was 0.10 and driving while intoxicated (DWI) was 0.15.

I got a conviction for DWI on a woman even though her BAC was only 0.04.

How? Blood and breath tests aren't the only legal evidence necessary to assess impairment or functioning.

Then the federal government coerced the States into changing their laws under threat of withholding federal highway funding.

Anyway, it's more than obvious you have no legal or law enforcement education, training or experience and have no idea what you're talking about.

Right. So when your argument abjectly fails, you just move the goalposts.

Unsurprisingly, that won't work for you either. 9/11 killed 3,000 Americans and we reorganized huge swaths of our military, law enforcement, intelligence gathering, espionage, immigration and travel policies over it, which has impacted our lives and entire society ever since.

COVID has killed over 5 million people worldwide, including 700,000 Americans, will be the 3rd leading cause of death for the second year in a row, and it isn't done yet. It's killed 5 million world wide, despite constant efforts to keep it in check. And yet, you can't be bothered to do jack shit about it.

We are also know that efforts to encourage voluntary vaccination are tapped out, and aren't sufficient to get enough people vaccinated. Making the vaccines more widely available helped, but all those lotteries and bonuses and polite talk? That stuff didn't work. That means it's time for mandates.

Why don't you tell us what death rate would justify vaccine mandates, eh? 2%? 5%? 10%? 50%? How many more Americans have to die before you are willing to accept a vaccine mandate? Go on, give us a number.

The massive and disproportionate overreaction to 9//11 is no excuse for repeating it with covid hysteria.

By your rationale, everyone should be mandated to exercise and take statins, fish oil, and baby aspirin as a prevention for the number one cause of death, heart disease. Doctors encourage this approach but we don't mandate it. Others can't force people to live the way they want because it suits their sense of importance, control, and overinflated egos. That only leads to totalitarianism and oppression.

If the death rate were between 5-7%, then I would say mandates are necessary and a choice is no longer an option.

Wrong. You need to stop misleading people.

The Ohio statute specifically states 2 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana in the driver's blood or 10 nanograms per milliliter in urine.

I made 134 arrests for DWI with 131 convictions for DWI, one conviction for DUI, one conviction for impaired driving and one unfounded.

That was back in the day when the lesser offense impaired driving was 0.08, driving under the influence (DUI) was 0.10 and driving while intoxicated (DWI) was 0.15.

I got a conviction for DWI on a woman even though her BAC was only 0.04.

How? Blood and breath tests aren't the only legal evidence necessary to assess impairment or functioning.

Then the federal government coerced the States into changing their laws under threat of withholding federal highway funding.

Anyway, it's more than obvious you have no legal or law enforcement education, training or experience and have no idea what you're talking about.
Read what I stated carefully..... "There are no cannabis tests that measure impairment, only the level of THC Currently in your system", which is not a measure of impairment. Not matter how much you'd like to argue your point, your still going to be wrong.

It'snot the needle -it's the mRNA vaxx that is feared,or many like Rogers already have acquired(natural) immunity
No its that truckers listen to more lunatic talk radio than anyone else, and as a result, they have irrational fears of being vaccinated. The fact is, there is not a rational or science based reason not to be vaccinated against COVID unless your doctor instructs you not to be for specific medical reasons.

harsh. They have perceived valid medical concerns, or legal concerns -whatever. Public servants have rights as much as any American
Many employers are self insured. Thus if one or more of their employees are hospitalized with COVID, that employer has to pay the cost of the hospitalization. Let's do the math here:

Cost of a COVID vaccination to an insurer: $18.00

Average cost of a COVID hospitalization: $73,000

Considering that the unvaccinated are over 10 times as likely to be hospitalized with COVID than the vaccinated, why should any employer be forced to assume that financial risk?

The massive and disproportionate overreaction to 9//11 is no excuse for repeating it with covid hysteria.
Unsurprisingly, you're missing the point. It's that we are under-reacting to COVID.

By your rationale, everyone should be mandated to exercise and take statins....
Close, but no cigar -- in a somewhat literal sense. I believe that, even though prohibition is not a perfect solution, cigarettes should be outlawed. There is no justification for them being legal, especially since the addictive properties of nicotine deprives individuals of the free choice to stop smoking whenever they want.

Anyway. Our society engages in a huge range of laws and actions to prevent harm and disease. We have vaccine mandates for students and health care workers. We have speed limits, seat belt requirements, air bag requirements, other auto safety requirements, and traffic controls. Workplaces must meet safety standards, including taking steps to avoid exposure to toxins and known carcinogens. Buildings have to meet complex zoning and construction codes. We have laws requiring that clothing can't be too flammable. Restaurants must meet food safety standards. Food gets inspected for safety. Alcohol and tobacco are regulated, including age limits for buyers. Legal cannabis is even more heavily regulated.

In fact, I'd say that almost all consumer products are inspected or regulated in some way. And people often complain about the few that are less regulated, a condition often exploited by scammers (e.g. dietary supplements).

I could be here all day listing the myriad ways that government intervenes to ensure safety, including from things that are less threatening than COVID. We've done it for decades. None of it results in "totalitarianism and oppression."

In the late 19th and early 20th century, there was a wave of smallpox. City, county, state and federal governments were all involved in forcibly quarantining and inoculating people. As in, they were literally going door to door, and using physical force to vaccinate people -- and that was with an early vaccine that wasn't even remotely safe by today's standards. Funny how that didn't lead to "totalitarianism and oppression," huh?

In fact, mandatory vaccinations REDUCE the need for government interference in daily life. If enough people get vaccinated, then we can basically get rid of mask mandates, potential lock-downs, social distancing, and more.

I also think it's rather hilarious that you are suggesting that getting 2 shots of a vaccine, or even getting an annual vaccine, is anywhere near as intrusive as a government mandate for decades of daily exercise and daily medications and daily supplements.

If the death rate were between 5-7%, then I would say mandates are necessary and a choice is no longer an option.
Right. So, I guess we shouldn't do jack shit until what, 2 million Americans die? Does that number sound good to you? Maybe you want to hold out for 3 million?

What can I say, it sure seems to me that your blasé attitude towards a disease that has already killed 700,000 Americans, and will kill hundreds of thousands more if you get your way, is a shining example of the failures of your libertarian leanings.

“TCA repeatedly called on the Administration to heed our warnings regarding this mandate’s impact on the already constrained supply chain , yet they chose to proceed with a disastrous mandate which will undoubtedly ensure the trucking industry loses a substantial number of drivers,” the group said in a statement.

During a Friday interview with the Washington Examiner, Mark Allen, the CEO of the International Foodservice Distributors Association, said he was surprised that there were not specific exemptions for truckers, especially given the solitary nature of the job and that most drivers are alone in their vehicles all day and have little person-to-person interaction.
Fake news, of course.
You wouldn't believe all the partisan garbage that your read.

People have always said truckers are the smart ones. We should do what a minority of truckers say.

Many employers are self insured. Thus if one or more of their employees are hospitalized with COVID, that employer has to pay the cost of the hospitalization. Let's do the math here:

Cost of a COVID vaccination to an insurer: $18.00

Average cost of a COVID hospitalization: $73,000

Considering that the unvaccinated are over 10 times as likely to be hospitalized with COVID than the vaccinated, why should any employer be forced to assume that financial risk?
employers can pick whom they want - that doesn't mean a federal mandate is needed - they can set a private mandate if they want to or not

Back
Top Bottom