• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin’s mom: Jurors didn’t see my son as human

Show me proof of anything he did that was illegal. He said he was on his way to the store, nothing in testimony says different.

Defendents say alot in court, doesn't mean it is all true. No real proof he was headed to the store.

Defendents say alot in court, doesn't mean it is all true. No real proof he was headed to the store.

That is where you make your error. Defendants do NOT have to prove their innocence. The state has to prove their guilt. He is under no obligation whatsoever to have to prove that he was on his way to the store or anyplace else for that matter. If the state were to believe he was lying, it would be up to THEM to prove that.

Welp, it dont matter where he was going. He stopped to eyeball Trayvon, and had every right to.

He wasnt. He was on his way to a store. Get it straight or dont post.

Welp, it dont matter where he was going. He stopped to eyeball Trayvon, and had every right to.

We really don't know where he was actually going or doing. I don't believe a word out of Zimmerman's mouth. But since nobody was able to video tape it we will really never know what happened.

Well, there is a color video of Martin IN the 7-11 store over the time period he was supposed to be there so looks like he went to the store. It's a visual aid.

We really don't know where he was actually going or doing. I don't believe a word out of Zimmerman's mouth. But since nobody was able to video tape it we will really never know what happened.
Dont matter what you believe. Jury believed him. And that is all that matters, no matter how people want to protest.

Well, there is a color video of Martin IN the 7-11 store over the time period he was supposed to be there so looks like he went to the store. It's a visual aid.

Zimmerman, he was headed to the store supposedly. When he caught sight of Martin.

Great info. I wasn't aware of that. Thanks! :)

Did you see her in court? No expression at all, now she is a grieving mom who can say whatever whe wants.

It doesn't make sense. When she was supposedly wiping tears away, there were no tears there, she knew the cameras were on her.

People, please stop making excuses for people that say and do stupid things.

You know - when my son was dying last year and being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance I didn't feel any emotion at all. None.The last emotional thing I felt was pure terror and then I realized that him watching me freak out while he was struggling to live wouldn't be good for him. He needed me to be strong so he could be strong and not sad or scared. So - like a switch - my emotions were shut off. I didn't feel emotions for days, actually, all throughout his time in the hospital in ICU - I felt nothing. It's the way some people function in such serious situations. It's called shock.

Aside that - who are you to judge? Are you in her head? I don't agree with what she's said but - holy **** - she has the right to say it. 2nd amendment and all that. People have every right to question a judicial call and jury opinion. She has more of a right to express her opinion on the matter that either of us do. **** - she has more right to say what she wants over everyone in the entire ****ing world. Maybe it's your opinion that doesn't matter so much, and your mouth that should be shut?

That is just silly. Of course she's upset over the death of her son!! :roll:

You don't know her either. Don't make assumptions.

What does it matter where he was going? There was no evidence to refute he was going to the store. The defendant doesnnot have to prove he was doing it, the prosecution has to prove he was not.

Zimmerman, he was headed to the store supposedly. When he caught sight of Martin.

Other people testified he goes to the store every Sunday. Why would this particular Sunday be any different?

Again it doesn't matter where he was going and he had every right to be where he was when Martin punched him in the face.

Why are you so worried about what Zimmerman did and not what Martin did?

You know - when my son was dying last year and being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance I didn't feel any emotion at all. None.The last emotional thing I felt was pure terror and then I realized that him watching me freak out while he was struggling to live wouldn't be good for him. He needed me to be strong so he could be strong and not sad or scared. So - like a switch - my emotions were shut off. I didn't feel emotions for days, actually, all throughout his time in the hospital in ICU - I felt nothing. It's the way some people function in such serious situations. It's called shock.

Aside that - who are you to judge? Are you in her head? I don't agree with what she's said but - holy **** - she has the right to say it. 2nd amendment and all that. People have every right to question a judicial call and jury opinion. She has more of a right to express her opinion on the matter that either of us do. **** - she has more right to say what she wants over everyone in the entire ****ing world. Maybe it's your opinion that doesn't matter so much, and your mouth that should be shut?

Why are you taking this personally? My statements stand. She was acting for the camera, that much was obvious.

If you think she has the right to say anything she wants, that is just that your opinión, but that doesn't make it right.

You don't know her either. Don't make assumptions.

You are just being stubborn. Trayvon was her SON. She cared for him as a little baby and small child. It is utterly ridiculous for you to try and suggest she is unaffected by the death of her child. Obviously you have a LOT to learn about life still.

And another thing that's gross about this post is YOU telling me to not to make assumptions, yet here you are. :roll: PATHETIC.

I am very sorry to hear of the death of your son, and if any of us on this board has a right to an opinion on this matter, it is a mother who has lost her son. I am also impressed by the personal courage it must have taken to speak of so terrible a personal tragedy on a public board such as this. I do not have any children (I am still a student and not married) so I cannot imagine the pain of your experience, but my young cousin died horribly of throat cancer a few years ago, and I was there. I still have nightmares about it, and that was only my cousin.

I am aware that his alleged actions contributed to his being shot, but my sympathies have all along been with the dead boy and especially with his mother. None of us (not even the jurors) can know what happened that night - the only person who knows for sure is George Zimmerman, and he has his reasons for not testifying. As for the jurors, in the event that the prosecution did not prove Zimmerman's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, they had little choice but to return a 'not guilty' verdict. That was as it should be, the prosecution's case was not proven, and Blackstone's formulation - "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" must apply.

Part of the reason my sympathies lie with the late Martin is that I am a year older than he would have been today, and I know how foolish I have been in some instances, even as recently as a year or two ago. I also know how scared I would have been a couple of years ago at being deliberately followed in the dark by a stranger. While I don't think I would have attacked the stranger, I would certainly not have led him to my home, and I would have definitely approached him and angrily demanded to know why he was following me. If he had tried to grab me, or detain me in any way, I think I would have clocked him on the nose. I do not consider myself thuggish or a wannabe hard man, but fear and self preservation would have been the motive.

With honourable exceptions, one of the things which has greatly disappointed me on this board (and elsewhere) has been the general vilification and character assassination of a dead teen who cannot defend himself. And now, this critical, callous, and unsympathetic attitude towards a mother who has lost the son she loved, nurtured, and cared for as best she could. I just don't understand it.

Why are you taking this personally? My statements stand. She was acting for the camera, that much was obvious.

If you think she has the right to say anything she wants, that is just that your opinión, but that doesn't make it right.

NOW who's making assumptions?

I am very sorry to hear of the death of your son, and if any of us on this board has a right to an opinion on this matter, it is a mother who has lost her son. I am also impressed by the personal courage it must have taken to speak of so terrible a personal tragedy on a public board such as this. I do not have any children (I am still a student and not married) so I cannot imagine the pain of your experience, but my young cousin died horribly of throat cancer a few years ago, and I was there. I still have nightmares about it, and that was only my cousin.

I am aware that his alleged actions contributed to his being shot, but my sympathies have all along been with the dead boy and especially with his mother. None of us (not even the jurors) can know what happened that night - the only person who knows for sure is George Zimmerman, and he has his reasons for not testifying. As for the jurors, in the event that the prosecution did not prove Zimmerman's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, they had little choice but to return a 'not guilty' verdict. That was as it should be, the prosecution's case was not proven, and Blackstone's formulation - "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" must apply.

Part of the reason my sympathies lie with the late Martin is that I am a year older than he would have been today, and I know how foolish I have been in some instances, even as recently as a year or two ago. I also know how scared I would have been a couple of years ago at being deliberately followed in the dark by a stranger. While I don't think I would have attacked the stranger, I would certainly not have led him to my home, and I would have definitely approached him and angrily demanded to know why he was following me. If he had tried to grab me, or detain me in any way, I think I would have clocked him on the nose. I do not consider myself thuggish or a wannabe hard man, but fear and self preservation would have been the motive.

With honourable exceptions, one of the things which has greatly disappointed me on this board (and elsewhere) has been the general vilification and character assassination of a dead teen who cannot defend himself. And now, this critical, callous, and unsympathetic attitude towards a mother who has lost the son she loved, nurtured, and cared for as best she could. I just don't understand it.

Oh, I think you may have misunderstood Auntie's post. Thankfully, her son didn't die, he was just very ill. :)

Oh, I think you may have misunderstood Auntie's post. Thankfully, her son didn't die, he was just very ill. :)

Thanks - I obviously did. I feel a bit foolish now.

Thanks - I obviously did. I feel a bit foolish now.

Oh, don't feel foolish. It's so easy to misinterpret things on the internet. :)

Other people testified he goes to the store every Sunday. Why would this particular Sunday be any different?

Again it doesn't matter where he was going and he had every right to be where he was when Martin punched him in the face.

Why are you so worried about what Zimmerman did and not what Martin did?

Iam not, I was only responding to another post.

Sorry - so sorry. I didn't mean to imply he passed away. He's fine now. It took him a while to recover but he's okay.

I don't have time to reply otherwise but didn't want to leave that hanging in the wrong direction.

I think it's called being mean-spirited, and you and I have been around the boards enough to see it in bucket-loads. Perhaps the mean-spirited are just projecting... perhaps being SO unfeeling themselves, they project their lack of feeling by suggesting a mother doesn't care about her dead son / she's faking / didn't cry / should be home grieving and the rest...

It takes an unfeeling person to vilify a mother who's lost her teenage son in tragic circumstances. I think someone on the thread said that a year on, she should be over the death of her son now. Not just an unfeeling thing to say -- but bordering on senselessness.

I

The son assassinated his own character. One by way of Facebook and the other by way of actions towards another human being.
The mother, like most mothers, refuses to see her son beyond the baby she carried. We all know that we are never more than 12 in our parents eyes.

l am glad he didnt live in 50s

You are just being stubborn. Trayvon was her SON. She cared for him as a little baby and small child. It is utterly ridiculous for you to try and suggest she is unaffected by the death of her child. Obviously you have a LOT to learn about life still.

And another thing that's gross about this post is YOU telling me to not to make assumptions, yet here you are. :roll: PATHETIC.

Can you say Susan Smith boys and girls?

I knew you could.

Back
Top Bottom