• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin’s mom: Jurors didn’t see my son as human

You can't claim to know what this mothers motives are. Have a little compassion for G*ds sake

Compassion?

This woman is fanning the flames of racial unrest. She can grieve in her house without hurting other people.

As for compassion, I reserve it for a man that had to take alife that night and will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

This mother knew she had an out of control kid and this is the result

Where is your compassion for a man and his family that never should have been out through this ordeal???????

I was going write something PC but screw it....

That woman is full of ****. Period

Actually, she's full of Al Sharpton and Barack Obama.

Compassion?

This woman is fanning the flames of racial unrest. She can grieve in her house without hurting other people.

As for compassion, I reserve it for a man that had to take alife that night and will have to live with that for the rest of his life.

Where is your compassion for a man and his family that never should have been out through this ordeal???????

You are blind.

Compassion?

You can have compassion for both families.

Ms. Fulton is still in the deep phase of grief, and it's not necessarily the most rational of times for any mother. Add to that a trial that had the world's attention, and anybody would be overwhelmed. I don't want to see Trayvon Martin's mother exploited the way Cindy Sheehan was by Code Pink and etc. I feel sorry for her because despite all these distractions, she has to go through the grief eventually.

And I feel terribly sorry for the Zimmerman family. Why have George Zimmerman's parents received death threats? Because knuckleheads who think their son is a killer are "reserving their compassion" for Trayvon Martin's mother and father?

You are blind.

I am blind.

The criminla was Martin and the victim had to kill him.

Do you not know the evidence intis case?

I feel nothing for people that, through their own stupidty, cause their own death.

Why are you so hung up on feeling compassion for a criminal?

You can have compassion for both families.

Ms. Fulton is still in the deep phase of grief, and it's not necessarily the most rational of times for any mother. Add to that a trial that had the world's attention, and anybody would be overwhelmed. I don't want to see Trayvon Martin's mother exploited the way Cindy Sheehan was by Code Pink and etc. I feel sorry for her because despite all these distractions, she has to go through the grief eventually.

And I feel terribly sorry for the Zimmerman family. Why have George Zimmerman's parents received death threats? Because knuckleheads who think their son is a killer are "reserving their compassion" for Trayvon Martin's mother and father?

It has been almost a year and a half from the date of her sons death.

I doubt she is still in the deep phase of grief. She is upset about the verdict because she ignores the facts.

Like I said if she was at home grieving her son, that would be one thing, but to be speaking publically and fanning the flames of racial unrest, that is where she should not be.

Please don't now call her stupid and think she doesn't know what she is doing or is being used by anybody. It is her choice to speak at rallies and she has to be responsable for the results.

It has been almost a year and a half from the date of her sons death.

I doubt she is still in the deep phase of grief. She is upset about the verdict because she ignores the facts.

Like I said if she was at home grieving her son, that would be one thing, but to be speaking publically and fanning the flames of racial unrest, that is where she should not be.

Please don't now call her stupid and think she doesn't know what she is doing or is being used by anybody. It is her choice to speak at rallies and she has to be responsable for the results.

With all the distractions of the last year, I don't know whether Ms. Fulton has even fully begun to grieve. I do know, though, that you have never been a mother and have not yourself lost a child. Sometimes the pain is so terrible that a "cause" is a diversion, at least for awhile. And there is also a need to make that child's life "meaningful." Think of all the laws that have been passed that are named for a child--e.g. "Amber's Law"--and the foundations and chapters of foundations that were inspired by the loss of a child.

NO she can't.

She is speaking at rallies to fan the flames. You think that is aceptable.

The evidence was presneted and if there was any evidence available to prove Zimmerman did anything werong, it would have been presented.

Calling out the jurors is way out of line.

That doesn't negate her view at all. I really don't care what she says and does. Because she's his mother - she can do and say whatever the **** she wants.

She earned that right when she birthed him.

Trial or no - verdict or no - that doesn't alter anything for HER.

You don't have to listen - no one *has* to listen.

That doesn't negate her view at all. I really don't care what she says and does. Because she's his mother - she can do and say whatever the **** she wants.

She earned that right when she birthed him.

Trial or no - verdict or no - that doesn't alter anything for HER.

You don't have to listen - no one *has* to listen.

I agree. She is mother who lost a son, and she is probably in agony. No one should be passing judgment on her.

She's a mother for Christ's sake cut her some slack.

Not when she plays the, "we be black and whitey thinks we animals", card she doesn't get any slack. Sorry!

Idiotic comments like that are what cause violence to accelerate.

With all the distractions of the last year, I don't know whether Ms. Fulton has even fully begun to grieve. I do know, though, that you have never been a mother and have not yourself lost a child. Sometimes the pain is so terrible that a "cause" is a diversion, at least for awhile. And there is also a need to make that child's life "meaningful." Think of all the laws that have been passed that are named for a child--e.g. "Amber's Law"--and the foundations and chapters of foundations that were inspired by the loss of a child.

This is not meant to be harsh or cruel. In the year and half, the parents of TM with a lawyer were able to settle out of court for an amount over 1 million dollars from the HOA insurance company. To say the mom is still grieving and that should excuse her comment about the jury makes no sense. The parents got past enough to file the law suit before the criminal trial.

This is not meant to be harsh or cruel. In the year and half, the parents of TM with a lawyer were able to settle out of court for an amount over 1 million dollars from the HOA insurance company. To say the mom is still grieving and that should excuse her comment about the jury makes no sense. The parents got past enough to file the law suit before the criminal trial.

I don't see what that has to do with grieving for the loss of your child. No amount of money can replace him I'm sure.

No, Martin's mom's grief does not excuse what she said about the jury. At all. Her premise is that if the jury had seen her son as human, the jury would have realized that Zimmerman made a mistake and would have convicted him.

Did Ms. Fulton talk to the jurors after the verdict? Any of them? All of them? And because I really don't know the answer and didn't keep up with the trial the way some did, has she ever acknowledged that her son might have also made a mistake?

I don't see what that has to do with grieving for the loss of your child. No amount of money can replace him I'm sure.

I can only imagine her loss. Her comment was out of line. The State had no case. She does not want to admit that TM actions along with GZ escalated the event to the tragic end.

I agree no money will replace a child. However, I find it interesting the HOA civil suit went forward before the criminal case.
Ever wonder why?

I can only imagine her loss. Her comment was out of line. The State had no case. She does not want to admit that TM actions along with GZ escalated the event to the tragic end.

I agree no money will replace a child. However, I find it interesting the HOA civil suit went forward before the criminal case.
Ever wonder why?

Yeah, well she is a grieving mom. As far as she's concerned, she is in HELL right now.

Probably because the HOA wanted to avoid an expensive lawsuit, so they settled out of court.

Yeah, well she is a grieving mom. As far as she's concerned, she is in HELL right now.

Probably because the HOA wanted to avoid an expensive lawsuit, so they settled out of court.

I understand she is grieving. I understand some never get over the loss. Yet after over a year, imo its time to move on.

and in my sarcastic mood, if she is so grieving, why the talk shows and news interviews? Most grieving people I have known have wanted to left alone. imo, there is another agenda the parents are weaving.

I understand she is grieving. I understand some never get over the loss. Yet after over a year, imo its time to move on.

and in my sarcastic mood, if she is so grieving, why the talk shows and news interviews? Most grieving people I have known have wanted to left alone. imo, there is another agenda the parents are weaving.

People never get over the loss of their child. The best they can do is accept it and learn how to live with it.

No, Martin's mom's grief does not excuse what she said about the jury. At all. Her premise is that if the jury had seen her son as human, the jury would have realized that Zimmerman made a mistake and would have convicted him.

Did Ms. Fulton talk to the jurors after the verdict? Any of them? All of them? And because I really don't know the answer and didn't keep up with the trial the way some did, has she ever acknowledged that her son might have also made a mistake?

She is assuming the jury saw her son as what, an animal? Why because they were White?

Why does she get to say something like that?

Did you see her in court? No expression at all, now she is a grieving mom who can say whatever whe wants.

It doesn't make sense. When she was supposedly wiping tears away, there were no tears there, she knew the cameras were on her.

People, please stop making excuses for people that say and do stupid things.

Did you see her in court? No expression at all, now she is a grieving mom who can say whatever whe wants.

It doesn't make sense. When she was supposedly wiping tears away, there were no tears there, she knew the cameras were on her.

That is just silly. Of course she's upset over the death of her son!! :roll:

So her grieving didn't meet your expectations.

I'm not making excuses for Ms. Fulton; in fact, I'm this thread's OP. What she said about the jurors is indefensible. But this doesn't mean that she isn't a grieving mother or that everybody grieves the same way.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If she was on the ground bawling you would call her a fake.

You just need to rant so get it out of your system.

Back
Top Bottom