• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Time to change Election Procedure?

If you don't want the wait, you should be mad at Trump for pressuring GOP-controlled states to not start counting until after the election, among other things.

If all states were required to count mail-ins as they came in, it'd take care of a great deal of the wait. And there's an upside for Trumpists: that'd be yet another thing you could use to claim fraud every time you lose.
The reason you don’t count ballots before the election is it makes fraud easier and monitoring harder.

Then have them counted and verified unchangeable, updating the total with them immediately after all other votes have been counted and verified unchangeable.
In any event, changes need be made.
I'm having a great morning - GMT+7
and one more thing , because people can still mail in their votes on election day we have to allow several days for those votes to get to poling places , it may take a few days, but if it has a post mark on it for Election day or before it should be counted no matter what.
Those vote may not change any of the out comes because most of them would have been counted as they came in and most people do not mail in ballots on election day,
From what I see and the people I know most of them want to make sure their vote gets there and is in the first batch to be counted
For you have a nice morning
everybody else have a nice night

The reason you don’t count ballots before the election is it makes fraud easier and monitoring harder.
then have monitors during the counting ahead of time?

There are established and auditable procedures for this already.

Republicans living in California know about that feeling every time they vote.

I rather suspect the Freedom loving States when they figure that out...may stop voting but they also may get busy protecting their States from subjection?

imho Roseann:)
Or it could lead to secession. If you disenfranchise states from having a reasonable voice in who represents them why not?

link please.
I don't have a link for you but I did hear it on CBS news
and they said they went back and doubled checked the ballots to make sure they all counted
have a nice night

No link, no article, just thoughts,

But after this debacle and waiting etc, wouldn't this be the time to entertain some kind of change,

While each state has their own rules, there should be some uniformity among those rules, so crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not really talking about voter ID, or eligibility, or purging voter roles etc, but mainly the counting.

Yes, it's a long process, made harder by the pandemic, but my god, we knew this was coming 7 months ago, and this was the best that could do?

Absentee votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

Mail in votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

While everyone has that, there is no uniformity to it, ie, PA says it's ok 2 days past, while TX says no, while CA says **** it, count it all etc....(obvious hyperbole alert)

Count all the votes, that's the object, count them accurately and timely, it shouldn't be this hard.
It's a difficult thing for some folks to understand because they are so rigid in their thinking. To adapt is to change, the only thing that remains constant. Why the gop fights that change so hard I'll never understand. The days of father knows best are long gone.
They are stuck in the 50's. Racism, woman stay home, no gay marriage, no right to choose..etc. You are correct, change is not good for a Republican.

then have monitors during the counting ahead of time?

There are established and auditable procedures for this already.
Truthfully there are no adequate measures. We should have in person ID check voting with absentees only for limited circumstances. Like every other developed country

Truthfully there are no adequate measures. We should have in person ID check voting with absentees only for limited circumstances. Like every other developed country
Did you just say there are no adequate measures and then try to propose a measure?

Please let me know what you intended.

Did you just say there are no adequate measures and then try to propose a measure?

Please let me know what you intended.
No adequate measures for main in voting I mean

No adequate measures for main in voting I mean
Please clarify. right now I am interpreting you to mean that voting will not work no matter the methodology.

Please clarify. right now I am interpreting you to mean that voting will not work no matter the methodology.
I just said mail in voting. Mail in voting should not be permitted.

I just said mail in voting. Mail in voting should not be permitted.
Mail in voting has been employed without issue since at least the civil war.

Lest anyone notice the distinction, I did not figure Trump to win anyway. The plutocrats MSM, press and Internet had done their dirty work.

Rather, I am posting about due to election practices changed to make legitimate elections impossible has fully eliminated the USA being a democratic republic. Elections from now on are frauds, illusions, a fiction play, nothing else. The USA instead now is a one-party corporate fascist plutocracy under the rule of the richest corporations and people on earth.

Remember, the plutocrats put Hitler into power. The plutocrats put Stalin into power. Named both Man Of The Year. Plutocrats created the Confederacy seeking their own slave nation. Plutocrats (the richest people and corporation) always want authoritarian government because this is the only way they have total power. Being the wealthiest people alive isn't enough. They want absolute life-death power of everyone and control of everything.

The enemy is not Democrats. It is not the Russians, Chinese, Iranians... They are Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Jack Dorsey, Pichai Sundararajan etc.

and one more thing , because people can still mail in their votes on election day we have to allow several days for those votes to get to poling places , it may take a few days, but if it has a post mark on it for Election day or before it should be counted no matter what.
Those vote may not change any of the out comes because most of them would have been counted as they came in and most people do not mail in ballots on election day,
From what I see and the people I know most of them want to make sure their vote gets there and is in the first batch to be counted
For you have a nice morning
everybody else have a nice night
It's something worth discussing with intent to resolve in a way agreeable to a vast majority of the population. I'd like to see something like the Belgian eID card brought about in the U.S.A. I only recently became aware of it when I helped a Belgian friend acquire and set up a card reader on his computer to communicate with his bank, government, and voting, and he had no complaints about it.

While everyone has that, there is no uniformity to it, ie, PA says it's ok 2 days past, while TX says no, while CA says **** it, count it all etc....(obvious hyperbole alert)

Count all the votes, that's the object, count them accurately and timely, it shouldn't be this hard.

I'm thinking they need to be cast or sent by a certain date or time rather than received because mail problems can happen in between. But both ends could work - say, sent by the election day or perhaps even a day or two before and received up to a few days after. Wish I could think of a number, but isn't this more or less already the case?

No harm in having some rules, but there's no need to tighten the rules when one side suddenly gets voted out.

It's been time to change the Electoral College to a Popular Vote/Ranked Voting system for about 100+ years at least. Yes, this would take a Constitutional Amendment, I do understand that. And I also recognize that this would be pretty unlikely because Republicans are not likely to give up their advantage in our system. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, only that it is harder to do.

To be fair the DNC is very clever. Remember, when HRC, used the DNC to hire Perkins Coui to hire Fusion GPS which paid Steele to furnish a Dossie? Which was categorized as opposition research. Hey it was done legit no? Through the many safety layers.

Trumps Lawsuits. are bound by layers.

1) How do you stop the votes when the ballots have already be processed. Many of the lawsuits where to get people in there to verify the ballots. BUT the ballots were already processed its too late. EVEN if the ballots were indeed fraudulent its already been counted you cant uncount whats already been counted.

2) The next issue is how they receive the ballots. If the ballots were postmarked on the day 11/03 then they are accepted. Problem is the prepaid postage and the way the USPS postmarks the ballots. If its not properly postmark, troves of ballots can be accepted. Trump can file a lawsuit, but if you cannot even designate what was posted marked correctly that suit is meaningless

Now the Only lawsuit I can think of is the application of an audit. With the "Mail in ballots"

This audit would be to match the actual votes processed against the voter registration on file.

NEXT would be to verify and audit the ACTUAL voter registration file.

To be fair, I am SURE there is a flaw with the Voter registration file. Meaning dead people, people that have moved. Or people not even legal to vote on this Voter registration list/file.

but hey this is my assumptions.

MANY of the lawsuits are meaningless. As it does not address the VOTE itself that might be in questions or be invalid. Its only address on how the vote is received and tallied.

The point is if the VOTE itself is non qualifying. meaning, duplicates, not real people, fraudulent. We have to address THAT, not if its received in time, or by mail, WHO gives rats behind. If its a legit Vote then so be it. BUT if the vote is NOT legit and there are many..... we need to find out why!
People who have moved or are dead is a insignificant amount as is people not legal to vote. All legislate votes will be counted and Joe is going to be the winner. That’s the facts.

I don't have a link for you but I did hear it on CBS news
and they said they went back and doubled checked the ballots to make sure they all counted
have a nice night

Old internet forum adaga....no link, it did not happen.

No link, no article, just thoughts,

But after this debacle and waiting etc, wouldn't this be the time to entertain some kind of change,

While each state has their own rules, there should be some uniformity among those rules, so crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not really talking about voter ID, or eligibility, or purging voter roles etc, but mainly the counting.

Yes, it's a long process, made harder by the pandemic, but my god, we knew this was coming 7 months ago, and this was the best that could do?

The Legislature sets voting rules/laws.

What we have seen in multiple states is these laws being changed by the courts. That is not their authority, nor their job. They are defying the Constitution they swore an oath to uphold.

The legislatures must take back authority... now. This election... and protect the rights of their voters.

When done... Biden loses... according to the rules.

watch the corrupt Leftists cry at this suggestion... because:

1. They are corrupt.

2. They have no moral fiber.

3. They are 100% Ok with cheating to win.

I'm thinking they need to be cast or sent by a certain date or time rather than received because mail problems can happen in between. But both ends could work - say, sent by the election day or perhaps even a day or two before and received up to a few days after. Wish I could think of a number, but isn't this more or less already the case?

No harm in having some rules, but there's no need to tighten the rules when one side suddenly gets voted out.

It's not about tightening up the rulesbecause one side gets voted out, it's tightening up the rules so NO SIDE can try and claim illegitimacy, it's about protecting voting etc.

I find it enlightening that I didn't mention, Democrat, Republican, Trump, Biden, etc, but around 50% of the replies automatically went to one side or the other.....

Maybe I'm just a proud Coloradoan but all the other States should give our system a look.

Near zero fraud or hanky-panky of any kind.
You register to vote when you get or renew your drivers license or state ID. You sign your license and that signiture is what is used to check the one on your ballot.
A ballot is mailed to the address on your license and if you move your address is updated when you put in a change of address with the U.S. Post Office.
You can drop the completed ballot in the mail or in a collection box located at most Public Libraries and Municipal buildings.
You get a text when the ballot is picked up and logged in.
You get a text when the ballot is accepted (mine have always been accepted) but I bet you get a text if there is a problem with your ballot.
You can also register on-line if you don't drive or need/want a State ID. (not sure how that is secured and varified - but I'll bet it is and is updated if you move as above)

It's slick, you have plenty of time to research and consider your vote choices on ballot issues, proposals and changes to laws as well as candidates.
The ballots are read in before election day and the rusults are kept secret until the polls close on election day.

It's tried and true and works like the well oiled machine it is. :cool:

It's not about tightening up the rulesbecause one side gets voted out, it's tightening up the rules so NO SIDE can try and claim illegitimacy, it's about protecting voting etc.

I find it enlightening that I didn't mention, Democrat, Republican, Trump, Biden, etc, but around 50% of the replies automatically went to one side or the other.....

Well in this election 'tightening the rules' would have overwhelmingly helped one side - by ending the count before everyone's democratic right had been observed and handing victory to the side with 4 million fewer votes. In future ones the other side might take advantage, who knows? It doesn't look like a safe and principled road to go down. It looks like a way for the losing side to call it when it has pulled ahead slightly before the count has been completed.

Yes, those self-appointed elitists will treat the lowly blue voter miscreants living in blue states who gave them Power just like all the other lowly miscreants.

The fake pretense about caring for those less fortunate was just a ruse to get Power to put all of the lowly miscreants into subjection.

Surprise! Self-Appointed Elitists look down on anyone not in the Elitist Crowd! The masses are all lowly miscreants and will be put into subjection.

imho Roseann:)

After having been a lifelong Democrat from 1972-2004, I've come to realize the Democratic Party exploits minority groups rather than champion those who are downtrodden through no fault of their own. Yep, they only care about obtaining and keeping power. That's it. Watch the names they call minorities when they switch over to the GOP... There's the proof.
The Democratic Party's bread and butter is to keep minorities dependent on government.

We're not getting rid of the EC, okay? If you thought this through or took a basic civics class, you'd understand why the founders decided to have it in the first place. It has helped to ensure rural states with low populations have an equal voice.
Which were the "rural" states when the founders finally agreed on the EC? The south, otherwise known as slave states. The south knew a large part of their population could not vote, (being slaves and all) and demanded compromise. They ended up agreeing that for electoral purposes, a slave would equal 3/5 of a person to establish the number of electors a state would have.

It gets a little tiring to keep hearing that the EC protects our farmers blah blah. It's really a relic of a sad part of history.

Back
Top Bottom