• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Time to change Election Procedure?

Ummm...

You'll have to explain what "adapt" is all about.
It's a difficult thing for some folks to understand because they are so rigid in their thinking. To adapt is to change, the only thing that remains constant. Why the gop fights that change so hard I'll never understand. The days of father knows best are long gone.

If you don't want the wait, you should be mad at Trump for pressuring GOP-controlled states to not start counting until after the election, among other things.

If all states were required to count mail-ins as they came in, it'd take care of a great deal of the wait. And there's an upside for Trumpists: that'd be yet another thing you could use to claim fraud every time you lose.
Yeah, right, it's always the GOP. :rolleyes:

So negative, everything is a conspiracy against republicans. How did the thinking of the gop become so warped?

I dont think its a conspiracy against republicans. Its a conspiracy against Trump.

I want to dive into the numbers but, as polarizing as the nation is right now, I assume many of the voters are voting party lines?

Meaning when they pull their ballot, (assuming again) If they want Biden, they are going down the Democrat line and checking off other Democrats.

The same for Trump and the Republicans. its mostly party line?

So how is it, That the republicans have netted 5 seats in the house? (currently) and maintaining their Majority in the Senate (currently)? Assuming its a party line ticket?

Are you saying that many voters. Voted Biden but a Republican House Rep and a Republican Senator?

Yes Trump is a lightning rod and a glutton for Punishment, but also the constant attacks against him were equally unprecedented.

Yeah, right, it's always the GOP. :rolleyes:

Funny how the word "always" and nothing like it appeared in that post. Funny how I was specifically talking about the campaign Trump started months ago to attempt to delegitimize mail-in ballots, hamper ballots, and the like.

Funny how the word "always" and nothing like it appeared in that post. Funny how I was specifically talking about the campaign Trump started months ago to attempt to delegitimize mail-in ballots, hamper ballots, and the like.
Remind me of the last time you blamed anything significant on Demorcrats. Hence "always".

Remind me of the last time you blamed anything significant on Demorcrats. Hence "always".

You mean like how I very well might have voted for the ex-governor of MA if the Obama NSA expansion of Bush's illegality scandal had broke in 2011 rather than 2013? How I despised the anti-semetic angle to Omar's statements about how AIPAC is the problem, not lobbying generally? I could keep listing things but ...why bother?

What is the point of you, anyway? Even if I quote myself criticizing Dems here, you'll say I don't mean it, that I'm just saying it. Enough Trumpist bullshit. I'm not going to waste any meaningful time on a Trumpist who is going to lie no matter what.

There is a mountain of evidence of fraud. Do you want that fraud to NOT be investigated?

(I know the Trump hating media is determined not to investigate. They are just denying the evidence exists.)

There was a court challenge in 2000 and the court ruled. Are you saying this should happen now? Why not?
So far the challenges by the Trump admin has not produced any fraud. There is no evidence for a court challenge. In 2000 there was an challenge and the court decided with the Republicans. So if it comes to this now if the decision went to the Dems would you agree?

You mean like how I very well might have voted for the ex-governor of MA if the Obama NSA expansion of Bush's illegality scandal had broke in 2011 rather than 2013?

What is the point of you, anyway? Even if I quote myself criticizing Dems here, you'll say I don't mean it, that I'm just saying it. Enough Trumpist bullshit.
Your problem is you don't know as much as you think you do. You have no concept what I think or what I'll say. You stay spew "Trumpist" horsecrap as your peak intellectual achievement.

You mean like how I very well might have voted for the ex-governor of MA if the Obama NSA expansion of Bush's illegality scandal had broke in 2011 rather than 2013? How I despised the anti-semetic angle to Omar's statements about how AIPAC is the problem, not lobbying generally? I could keep listing things but ...why bother?

What is the point of you, anyway? Even if I quote myself criticizing Dems here, you'll say I don't mean it, that I'm just saying it. Enough Trumpist bullshit. I'm not going to waste any meaningful time on a Trumpist who is going to lie no matter what.

Your problem is you don't know as much as you think you do. You have no concept what I think or what I'll say. You stay spew "Trumpist" horsecrap as your peak intellectual achievement.

See? Dishonest response.

And it was not only dishonest. You crafted it to try to annoy a liberal: you did the exact thing you accused me of.

The vile pig-bastard taught you well.

Thing is, to get rid of the electoral college or the other arcane laws, we have to amend the Constitution, something that's impossible in today's climate.

I like what Nebraska did. They have 5 electoral votes, so they divided the state into 5 sections and each section gets 1 electoral vote. It's an excellent work around that a state can do without altering the Constitution.

We're not getting rid of the EC, okay? If you thought this through or took a basic civics class, you'd understand why the founders decided to have it in the first place. It has helped to ensure rural states with low populations have an equal voice.

Thing is, to get rid of the electoral college or the other arcane laws, we have to amend the Constitution, something that's impossible in today's climate.

I like what Nebraska did. They have 5 electoral votes, so they divided the state into 5 sections and each section gets 1 electoral vote. It's an excellent work around that a state can do without altering the Constitution.
If all states did what Nebraska has done with distribution of their electoral votes it would be a monumental improvement.

I understand the idea of electoral votes to give low population states more a say in the choosing of a president. But the hard facts is that if you are Red in a Blue state or vice versa your repesentation is in the minus.
This under representation is why you hear of states being discussed to be split up into two states.

I dont think its a conspiracy against republicans. Its a conspiracy against Trump.

I want to dive into the numbers but, as polarizing as the nation is right now, I assume many of the voters are voting party lines?

Meaning when they pull their ballot, (assuming again) If they want Biden, they are going down the Democrat line and checking off other Democrats.

The same for Trump and the Republicans. its mostly party line?

So how is it, That the republicans have netted 5 seats in the house? (currently) and maintaining their Majority in the Senate (currently)? Assuming its a party line ticket?

Are you saying that many voters. Voted Biden but a Republican House Rep and a Republican Senator?

Yes Trump is a lightning rod and a glutton for Punishment, but also the constant attacks against him were equally unprecedented.
I didn't vote straight party line. I voted for one republican and two no party affiliation people.

There is absolutely no reason for difficulty in counting votes...unless the difficulty is deliberate.

Colorado has had all mail in voting for eight years now and we didn't have any problem counting votes this time around either. Any other state could have copied our system and they wouldn't have any problems.

No...we don't need to change our election procedures. We just have to prevent the crooks from using the system for their own corrupt, illegal ends.
Colorado does not wait until election day to open their mail in ballots. I do agree that Republicans "deliberately" delayed the reporting of mail in votes in several States though. That was part of a plan to claim that mail in ballots were fraudulent except in States where they were not.

My plan would be to have a uniform system administered by individual states.

1) Mail in ballots must be postmarked two weeks before the election.

2) Ballots are counted and updated from two weeks before the election along with early voting.

3) By election day we know the score.

I think two weeks before the election is excessive. The Post Office used to be better than that.

The fact that the Electoral College even exists points out that the Founding Fathers recognized the rights of the states to govern their voting. The bit of anxiety we are experiencing right now is not enough to just wipe out history with some "uniform" law, bound to be found unconstitutional by any clear thinking jurist.

So far the challenges by the Trump admin has not produced any fraud. There is no evidence for a court challenge. In 2000 there was an challenge and the court decided with the Republicans. So if it comes to this now if the decision went to the Dems would you agree?
To be fair the DNC is very clever. Remember, when HRC, used the DNC to hire Perkins Coui to hire Fusion GPS which paid Steele to furnish a Dossie? Which was categorized as opposition research. Hey it was done legit no? Through the many safety layers.

Trumps Lawsuits. are bound by layers.

1) How do you stop the votes when the ballots have already be processed. Many of the lawsuits where to get people in there to verify the ballots. BUT the ballots were already processed its too late. EVEN if the ballots were indeed fraudulent its already been counted you cant uncount whats already been counted.

2) The next issue is how they receive the ballots. If the ballots were postmarked on the day 11/03 then they are accepted. Problem is the prepaid postage and the way the USPS postmarks the ballots. If its not properly postmark, troves of ballots can be accepted. Trump can file a lawsuit, but if you cannot even designate what was posted marked correctly that suit is meaningless

Now the Only lawsuit I can think of is the application of an audit. With the "Mail in ballots"

This audit would be to match the actual votes processed against the voter registration on file.

NEXT would be to verify and audit the ACTUAL voter registration file.

To be fair, I am SURE there is a flaw with the Voter registration file. Meaning dead people, people that have moved. Or people not even legal to vote on this Voter registration list/file.

but hey this is my assumptions.

MANY of the lawsuits are meaningless. As it does not address the VOTE itself that might be in questions or be invalid. Its only address on how the vote is received and tallied.

The point is if the VOTE itself is non qualifying. meaning, duplicates, not real people, fraudulent. We have to address THAT, not if its received in time, or by mail, WHO gives rats behind. If its a legit Vote then so be it. BUT if the vote is NOT legit and there are many..... we need to find out why!

I didn't vote straight party line. I voted for one republican and two no party affiliation people.
Gotcha! And so the assumption on my part stands..... are you an anomaly or are you a majority? I assume you are an anomaly?

The shit that the the left-leaning swing states allegedly pulled since Tuesday would make a great Netflix series.

So you're sure there was monkey business going on then?

No link, no article, just thoughts,

But after this debacle and waiting etc, wouldn't this be the time to entertain some kind of change,

While each state has their own rules, there should be some uniformity among those rules, so crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not really talking about voter ID, or eligibility, or purging voter roles etc, but mainly the counting.

Yes, it's a long process, made harder by the pandemic, but my god, we knew this was coming 7 months ago, and this was the best that could do?

Absentee votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

Mail in votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

While everyone has that, there is no uniformity to it, ie, PA says it's ok 2 days past, while TX says no, while CA says **** it, count it all etc....(obvious hyperbole alert)

Count all the votes, that's the object, count them accurately and timely, it shouldn't be this hard.
the only change I would make is that mail in votes need to be counted ahead of time. It is impossible to count provisional or military ballots ahead due to logical reasons.

This whole situation is stupid. Everybody knows the rules, in that states make their rules and it is has been unnecessarily emotional for no good reason. We would have known results tuesday with a simple change and avoided a lot of drama.

We're not getting rid of the EC, okay? If you thought this through or took a basic civics class, you'd understand why the founders decided to have it in the first place. It has helped to ensure rural states with low populations have an equal voice.
Do you know what helped the rural states with low populations have an equal voice back when the electoral college was first apportioned?

No link, no article, just thoughts,

But after this debacle and waiting etc, wouldn't this be the time to entertain some kind of change,

While each state has their own rules, there should be some uniformity among those rules, so crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not really talking about voter ID, or eligibility, or purging voter roles etc, but mainly the counting.

Yes, it's a long process, made harder by the pandemic, but my god, we knew this was coming 7 months ago, and this was the best that could do?

Absentee votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

Mail in votes, must be received by XXXX time on XXXX date.

While everyone has that, there is no uniformity to it, ie, PA says it's ok 2 days past, while TX says no, while CA says **** it, count it all etc....(obvious hyperbole alert)

Count all the votes, that's the object, count them accurately and timely, it shouldn't be this hard.

We should do away with Presidential elections. Just let the state legislatures decided.

Back
Top Bottom