• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Those who believe Moore is guilty and still vote for him! (1 Viewer)

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have heard several Moore supporters on the talking head shows admit that they believe that Moore has done what has been alleged but are still voting for him. Several who admitted to being evangelical Christians. They are basically saying better an evil child molester than a Democrat. What is funny is that the Democrat in question is no left wing liberal, but a conservative Democrat raised in Alabama. Not exactly a Northeastern liberal. So I wonder how they can call themselves a Christian and still vote for Moore if they believe he has done what he has done. Especially if he will not even admit to the evil and thus has not asked for forgiveness as would be expected if they felt he was now forgiven by God for his misdeeds.

I have heard several Moore supporters on the talking head shows admit that they believe that Moore has done what has been alleged but are still voting for him. Several who admitted to being evangelical Christians. They are basically saying better an evil child molester than a Democrat. What is funny is that the Democrat in question is no left wing liberal, but a conservative Democrat raised in Alabama. Not exactly a Northeastern liberal. So I wonder how they can call themselves a Christian and still vote for Moore if they believe he has done what he has done. Especially if he will not even admit to the evil and thus has not asked for forgiveness as would be expected if they felt he was now forgiven by God for his misdeeds.

Because what he is accused of doing is a small matter compared to the rest.

This is about not agreeing on prioritizes.

Because what he is accused of doing is a small matter compared to the rest.

This is about not agreeing on prioritizes.

Oh look another Moore supporter who thinks sexual assault of an underage teen is acceptable as long as he politically agrees with you.

This is all about muddying the water in the hysteria. It is really all getting tedious.

During the GE on THIS site I had a few people tell me they would support Adolf Hitler before Hillary Clinton. That's ALL you need to know.

Pedophilia is disgusting and vile and Moore should be in jail. But compared to Hitler?

Again, that's ALL we need to know about today's Republican party and the alt-right.

The US and the Dems put a Black Man in the White House, And because of that now the alt-right/Bannon-Trump supporters will support anyone other than a Dem. Even a pedophile.

Some use the Christian Card like the Racist Card. Use it when convenient.

During the GE on THIS site I had a few people tell me they would support Adolf Hitler before Hillary Clinton. That's ALL you need to know.

Pedophilia is disgusting and vile and Moore should be in jail. But compared to Hitler?

Again, that's ALL we need to know about today's Republican party and the alt-right.

The US and the Dems put a Black Man in the White House, And because of that now the alt-right/Bannon-Trump supporters will support anyone other than a Dem. Even a pedophile.

Many of us already knew this about the tea party right wing of the GOP - this whole debacle with Moore only now underlines it with a nice big black line so that even the half blind can see.

A lot of people are Lesser of two evils" voters and a lot of people vote for their party no matter what. Its why many people voted for Trump even though they know he is a piece of **** and why a lot of democrats voted for Clinton even though they know that she is a piece of ****.

I can't stand hypocrisy - that's why I left the GOP back in the early 1990's, after I saw the kind of crap the "Religious Right" was claiming...and how they (along with the pundits) were becoming kingmakers in the GOP.

Oh look another Moore supporter who thinks sexual assault of an underage teen is acceptable as long as he politically agrees with you.

I have not liked Moore from way back, as I have said.

I have also said that I would never vote for him.

Try again if you like.

:2wave:

Assholes!

Those people are idiots for voting for him, but lets be accurate. It's not pedophilia.

We FreeMen get to decide for ourselves what we care about, and in what order.

I intend to stay free.

Alleged sexual assault.

Should we not, wait for a trial and investigation? Tell me, is he guilty?

Funny how an impending election, was the catalyst to make a 40 year old allegation, come to light.

Part of the problem is our horrible lack of choices when it comes to politicians. While I personally despise Moore's behavior AND politics, I can put myself in a position where I could imagine voting for a reprehensible person.

Candidate A has no criminal record and no accusations of misconduct, sexual or otherwise. However, his political philosophy is the exact opposite of mine. It is apparent he will almost always vote against bills I want and for bills I don't want.

Candidate B has several accusations of sexual misconduct that I have no reason to disbelieve. However, he always votes for bills I want and against bills I don't want.

I have to say, I don't think it would be an easy choice for me. Yes, sexual misconduct is horrible. But at the same time it doesn't directly affect me or my family whereas the legislation he might pass would. Voting against Candidate B wouldn't undo the sexual misconduct, but it would prevent much needed legislation from being passed.

So I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

Given our experience with Bill Clinton, Al Franken, et al, and they way they have been shielded from responsibility for their misdeeds by Democrats and the media, why should Republicans care about what Moore has done?

Part of the problem is our horrible lack of choices when it comes to politicians. While I personally despise Moore's behavior AND politics, I can put myself in a position where I could imagine voting for a reprehensible person.

Candidate A has no criminal record and no accusations of misconduct, sexual or otherwise. However, his political philosophy is the exact opposite of mine. It is apparent he will almost always vote against bills I want and for bills I don't want.

Candidate B has several accusations of sexual misconduct that I have no reason to disbelieve. However, he always votes for bills I want and against bills I don't want.

I have to say, I don't think it would be an easy choice for me. Yes, sexual misconduct is horrible. But at the same time it doesn't directly affect me or my family whereas the legislation he might pass would. Voting against Candidate B wouldn't undo the sexual misconduct, but it would prevent much needed legislation from being passed.

So I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

I hope you don't have any women in your family because if so it does effect you, maybe not now, but maybe some time in the future. The reason being is you are saying that Moore's transgressions are okay as long as he agrees with you politically, and that gives the okay to anyone who believes as he does politically to do the same as he has done. You have in essence, given them permission harass women period.

I"m voting for Roy Moore because of his policies.
I could care less about his personal life or Clinton's etc

I hope you don't have any women in your family because if so it does effect you, maybe not now, but maybe some time in the future. The reason being is you are saying that Moore's transgressions are okay as long as he agrees with you politically, and that gives the okay to anyone who believes as he does politically to do the same as he has done. You have in essence, given them permission harass women period.

Yup. Apparently a chunk of the GOP base decided in the last few years that, if Democrats were going to do it, it'd be good politics for them to do so as well.

Personally, I'm not willing to taint my soul with that stuff*, but I understand those who do.

*Though I can imagine a very few scenarios where I might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom