• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the last government shut-down

This one will go long and it will be the last because this one will do so much damage that the idiots in Washington will finally figure out that government managing its finances this poorly cant continue.

This is my prediction.

What say you?

This has nothing to do with the government mismanaging its finances. This is about a cry baby president who doesn't have the votes to get what he wants and has therefore resorted to hostage-taking terrorist type tactics out of desperation.

In 2014, Texas residents received about $126.9 billion in direct benefits from the federal government.

In 2013 California got $56.4 billion dollars from the federal government, which is 25.0% of its total revenue.

Seems to me 126 billion is bigger than 56 billion...isn't it, or do they teach some kinda "Texas math" down there?

You were saying??

View attachment 67248634

"Thrust on the state?" Still whining with that "Nawthun Aggression" nonsense, are ya?
Fine, I'm all for removing the "thrusters", let's just cut the whole damn thing off completely, because "y'all" have such a hard-on for secession anyway, so what better motivator than a complete cutoff so y'all don't feel so "thrusted upon".

I'm bored with you, we're done.

Your post is a blatant lie. Rather sad to see so many people so poorly educated and unable to do research

APPENDIX 1 Federal Spending in the States, FY2006–FY2015 in billions
2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
United States $2,353.71 $2,442.54 $2,703.47 $3,134.12 $3,228.86 $3,248.24 $3,206.91 $3,166.26 $3,304.34 $3,390.94

California $249.06 $256.21 $282.26 $339.16 $348.86 $359.95 $343.87 $347.57 $361.08 $376.46

Texas $23,255,343,000 $35,370,237,119 $41,189,531,538 $79,913,393,250 $71,503,786,280 $251,232,291,188

Federal Spending in the States: 2015 | CSG Knowledge Center

Two years ago you gave Obama credit for the deficit reduction? how did that happen?

Obama supported functional Keynesian policy, where you grow deficits when unemployment substantially rises and reduce deficits when the labor market strengthens. The SINGLE largest factor of deficit reduction between 2011 and 2015 is? Of course you're too bitter to even answer, but it was revenue growth... revenue growth aided by tax increases.

Let's have a look:

fredgraph.png

Obama supported functional Keynesian policy, where you grow deficits when unemployment substantially rises and reduce deficits when the labor market strengthens. The SINGLE largest factor of deficit reduction between 2011 and 2015 is? Of course you're too bitter to even answer, but it was revenue growth... revenue growth aided by tax increases.

Let's have a look:

fredgraph.png

LOL, Obama's idea of Keynesian policy is throwing money at the public sector and Democratic Donors none of which helps the private sector which is the foundation upon which our economy is built and is why the Obama performance was so poor. I am sure sequester had nothing to do with the deficit reduction either, did it? Republicans took Congress when? did Republicans give Obama more or less than he wanted?

LOL, Obama's idea of Keynesian policy is throwing money at the public sector and Democratic Donors

False.

I am sure sequester had nothing to do with the deficit reduction either, did it? Republicans took Congress when? did Republicans give Obama more or less than he wanted?

Are you so blind that you cannot see the data? Did the sequester increase revenue? Republicans fought the economic recovery from day one.

Your post is a blatant lie. Rather sad to see so many people so poorly educated and unable to do research

Federal Spending in the States: 2015 | CSG Knowledge Center

I said I am done with you, and here is why:

Federal Spending in the States, FY2006–FY2015

I came back with single year figures, you came back with figures representing a NINE YEAR period which by the way INCLUDES the years of the economic meltdown.
You moved the goalposts in order to create a straw man.

We're not just done, YOU'RE done.
If you cannot debate honestly and you're only able to paint in fecal smear colored "Outrage Brown" at figures that I PULLED FROM THE WEBSITE THAT YOU OFFERED, then you are fundamentally a dishonest person.

Yep, that's right...I pulled those figures:

In 2014, Texas residents received about $126.9 billion dollars

In 2013 California got $56.4 billion dollars

DIRECTLY from State Smart.

But you didn't read the links, otherwise you would have known that.
Get out, you're not equipped with the ability to be able to be honest, and you just got exposed.

BYE. I won't be reading anything else you have to say, so you'll be yelling at the clouds.

False.

Are you so blind that you cannot see the data? Did the sequester increase revenue? Republicans fought the economic recovery from day one.

No, he's fundamentally dishonest, and he likes to cheat. It's what too many radical hardcore Trumpian Republicans do.

Didn't even bother to read the items in the link, did you? now you want to move the goalposts showing that you cannot argue the data presented which is typical of the left. Clinton had a Republican Congress and your ilk wants to give him credit for all the economic results. How did he do that without Congressional support? Did the Republican Congress give Clinton what he wanted?

None of that had anything to do with Newt's Contract on America. I read the links just fine.
All your bluster shows nothing. You mentioned the Contract With America. I exposed it for the fraud that it was, a stillborn rhetorical flourish that hurt more than it helped, and ultimately resulted in Gingrich's ouster.

No president does anything without Congressional support, what the HELL are you even talking about?
Just stop, you're making a fool out of yourself.

And Trump IS going to LOSE the shutdown battle, guaranteed.

This has nothing to do with the government mismanaging its finances. This is about a cry baby president who doesn't have the votes to get what he wants and has therefore resorted to hostage-taking terrorist type tactics out of desperation.

This has a lot to do with many Congresses in a row turning up unable/unwilling to get their budget work done, as multiple DP members have been pointing out...Please attempt to keep up.

This will be one of many other shutdowns. When the power pendulum swings again, the former opposition party will be salty enough for another showdown of epic polarization.

At some point decent people wake up one day and say to themselves "You know I just figured this out....Self harm is a really stupid thing to do".

I am being optimistic that this one will do the trick.

As long as Democrats do not give in to Trump's hostage taking and stand their ground. Trump cannot see this tactic as successful or we will see another shutdown in 6 months. Trump has never cared how many people he hurts, it's all about "winning" to him.

Democrats were not willing to negotiate before the shut-down, so them claiming that they will not negotiate now because of Trump does not pass the cry test.

They will not be willing to negotiate after either....they straight up refuse to negotiate.....and they dont give a damn about how much America suffers from their refusal to work.

Some call that sort of thing a form of Russian Roulette.

Some call not going after abusers to be a form a neglect of self, and make no mistake, this government has long been gathering power and showing a clear affinity for abusing the citizens.

Just change "idiots" to idiot. (singular)

Other than that, well said, except there are no teeth to make sure it doesn't happen again.
It's too bad that repeated abuse of shutdown tactics don't trigger a Congress-wide sweeping "NO CONFIDENCE" vote that clears the entire deck...something like a "three strikes" clause.

Shut down the government three times in "x number of months" and it triggers the no confidence referendum action in some kind of online plebescite with instant runoff in case of a tie.

It is too bad that multiple shut downs over decades never gave the largely second and third rate people who inhabit Congress now the idea that it is time to get back to work for the American people in part by passing budgets and passing them on time.

I think Donald will come to his senses sooner rather than later if he wants to accomplish anything else in the remainder of his term and if he solves for the wall now then he’ll be fresh out of fear mongering material for his next campaign. There’s a reason neither party ever completely delivers on their platforms. They’d have nothing left to run on if they did. Even if he doesn’t cave - I’ll be happy to watch what’s left of his presidency wither and die while he pouts over funding he said wouldn’t be needed in the first place.

It’s ok if the shutdown lasts another two years in my eyes

We can then see we can live with half of this behemoth....and start cutting big time in government

I figure we can get rid of a half million federal workers easy.....that will do the next president a great service

They can start dealing with the reality of corporate america

None of that had anything to do with Newt's Contract on America. I read the links just fine.
All your bluster shows nothing. You mentioned the Contract With America. I exposed it for the fraud that it was, a stillborn rhetorical flourish that hurt more than it helped, and ultimately resulted in Gingrich's ouster.

No president does anything without Congressional support, what the HELL are you even talking about?

Credit is give to Clinton who had a Republican Congress and signed 60 percent of the contract with America but this thread isn't about Clinton so nice diversion to a President with a better record, Trump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Democrats were not willing to negotiate before the shut-down, so them claiming that they will not negotiate now because of Trump does not pass the cry test.

They will not be willing to negotiate after either....they straight up refuse to negotiate.....and they dont give a damn about how much America suffers from their refusal to work.

LOL They already have proved they would negotiate and even had a bipartisan deal to fund the wall too. Trump backed out of it.

I said I am done with you, and here is why:

Federal Spending in the States, FY2006–FY2015

I came back with single year figures, you came back with figures representing a NINE YEAR period which by the way INCLUDES the years of the economic meltdown.
You moved the goalposts in order to create a straw man.

We're not just done, YOU'RE done.
If you cannot debate honestly and you're only able to paint in fecal smear colored "Outrage Brown" at figures that I PULLED FROM THE WEBSITE THAT YOU OFFERED, then you are fundamentally a dishonest person.

Yep, that's right...I pulled those figures:

In 2014, Texas residents received about $126.9 billion dollars

In 2013 California got $56.4 billion dollars

DIRECTLY from State Smart.

But you didn't read the links, otherwise you would have known that.
Get out, you're not equipped with the ability to be able to be honest, and you just got exposed.

BYE. I won't be reading anything else you have to say, so you'll be yelling at the clouds.

9 years of the Republican "meltdown"? LOL, Democrats retook the Congress in November 2006 and the only years the Republicans had total control was 2004-2006. You refuse to acknowledge first of all the thread topic and second the purpose of federal tax dollars going back to the states and the reality that part of the Contract with American was payment for federal mandates that Clinton signed.

There obviously is no common ground here as you aren't going to admit being wrong and you aren't going to change my mind which the data supports. largest recipient of U.S. tax dollars is California again to fund federal mandates and expenses

False.

That's because there was NO economic recovery starting Day 1 and your support for the radical left and Obama is noted

Then there is nothing left to discuss as you are blinded by the leftwing ideology and are totally incapable of doing research. I guarantee that you and the rest of the radical left are clueless of economic data and the Contract with America. Wish I could figure out why you and the radical left are so loyal to liberalism? what is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

You aren't gong to change my mind and the data isn't going to change yours. Going to be a fun two more years watching you people continue to lose it over and over again. So sad that there is so much hatred of this President and so little understanding of basic civics

Data just doesn't support your position so you continue to make up lies and distortions with zero context

That's because there was NO economic recovery starting Day 1 and your support for the radical left and Obama is noted

The economy didn't hit an actual trough until late 2010, which is due to the severity and breadth of the recession and financial crisis. You're failure to acknowledge this reality noted.

Interesting! So it's in the right-wing nuts interest for the wall NOT to be built, so that they can continue to use it to fire up their base.

It's absolutely fact. That's why tehy have done nothing in 40 years. That's why under Obama and the immigration deal senate passed giving 40 billion to border security wasn't even voted on by the House at the time (just like McConnel is doing). That's why now that dems have the house, they are pushing it, when they could have done something about it for 2 years of complete control. Now they can get their dumb based to say "see, dems are against border security". They have been doing this for decades.

Same thing with abortion. During Obama's presidency, there were something like 50 bills passed in the house attacking abortion. Knowing damn well it wouldn't pass. 2 years of complete republicans control, not a single abortion bill. Not even a mention of it. They never do anything they know will actually pass, because it has been feeding their base for decades, its their cash cow to continued political success.

I can't believe how dumb and dishonest conservatives are that they continue to ignore this fact

It's absolutely fact. That's why tehy have done nothing in 40 years. That's why under Obama and the immigration deal senate passed giving 40 billion to border security wasn't even voted on by the House at the time (just like McConnel is doing). That's why now that dems have the house, they are pushing it, when they could have done something about it for 2 years of complete control. Now they can get their dumb based to say "see, dems are against border security". They have been doing this for decades.

Same thing with abortion. During Obama's presidency, there were something like 50 bills passed in the house attacking abortion. Knowing damn well it wouldn't pass. 2 years of complete republicans control, not a single abortion bill. Not even a mention of it. They never do anything they know will actually pass, because it has been feeding their base for decades, its their cash cow to continued political success.

I can't believe how dumb and dishonest conservatives are that they continue to ignore this fact

You left out the 50 or so times the GOP voted to repeal Obamcare, knowing it would never pass both chambers or get signed by Obama into law.

I absolutely agree - the GOP are the biggest hypocrite losers.

You left out the 50 or so times the GOP voted to repeal Obamcare, knowing it would never pass both chambers or get signed by Obama into law.

I absolutely agree - the GOP are the biggest hypocrite losers.

So much hatred coming from you and the radical left, growing up who taught you it was someone else's responsibility to pay for your personal responsibility issues like healthcare? You obviously learned class envy, jealousy over what others have and have been taught it is ok to take from someone else and redistribute that to you.

So much hatred coming from you and the radical left, growing up who taught you it was someone else's responsibility to pay for your personal responsibility issues like healthcare? You obviously learned class envy, jealousy over what others have and have been taught it is ok to take from someone else and redistribute that to you.

Don't confuse pity and confusion for hatred.

Back
Top Bottom