• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is the last government shut-down

Don't confuse pity and confusion for hatred.

Why not, isn't that what it is, hatred over what someone else has that you don't? Does neighbor helping neighbor to you mean a federal bureaucrat? Why do you think it is ok to take from one federal taxpayer to give to an other? Please name for me any Federal Program set up on that principle?

Why not, isn't that what it is, hatred over what someone else has that you don't? Does neighbor helping neighbor to you mean a federal bureaucrat? Why do you think it is ok to take from one federal taxpayer to give to an other? Please name for me any Federal Program set up on that principle?

It's what I have that you don't my selfish friend - empathy.

It's what I have that you don't my selfish friend - empathy.
My empathy is at the local level actually helping people yours is taking from others to benefit yourself by just throwing money at bureaucrats who waste it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My empathy is at the local level actually helping people yours is taking from others to benefit yourself by just throwing money at bureaucrats who waste it

"to benefit myself". You know nothing about me, sir. Now, please move along, you're boring the heck out of me!

Shutdowns are still happening because Democrats have given in before. The danger of Trump successfully using shutdowns to get what he wants was the last straw, and has finally caused Democrats to snap out of it. It is quite likely that this will be the last shutdown because Democrats will shown that that tactic will no longer work, no matter what.

"to benefit myself". You know nothing about me, sir. Now, please move along, you're boring the heck out of me!

I know your support for the federal bureaucrats providing support for social problems in the states and local communities and their failure to generate actual results as dependence isn't a favorable result. I bore you because logic and common sense along with actual data and facts destroy the entitlement mentality that you have and desire to take from someone else to give to your pet projects all in the name of compassion. why don't you generate results from that compassion and actually solve some problems?

I know your support for the federal bureaucrats providing support for social problems in the states and local communities and their failure to generate actual results as dependence isn't a favorable result. I bore you because logic and common sense along with actual data and facts destroy the entitlement mentality that you have and desire to take from someone else to give to your pet projects all in the name of compassion. why don't you generate results from that compassion and actually solve some problems?

That's it friend - don't hold back - get it all out! Feel better? Now, if you're a trump-supporting conservative, you can't claim to have a handle on either logic or common sense. Everyone knows that! Oh, I guess except trump-supporting, "conservatives".

That's it friend - don't hold back - get it all out! Feel better? Now, if you're a trump-supporting conservative, you can't claim to have a handle on either logic or common sense. Everyone knows that! Oh, I guess except trump-supporting, "conservatives".

Apparently logic and common sense don't involved using official federal data to support your arguments as media and left wing opinions matter more. Being a Progressive means ignoring the foundation upon which this country was built and the reality of even recognizing actual results

Apparently logic and common sense don't involved using official federal data to support your arguments as media and left wing opinions matter more. Being a Progressive means ignoring the foundation upon which this country was built and the reality of even recognizing actual results

<Yawn> this post is one of those, "scroll pasts" DP members are always talking about.

<Yawn> this post is one of those, "scroll pasts" DP members are always talking about.

This thread is about the last gov't shutdown and just goes to show how factually challenged you are as to what actually causes a shutdown. It won't be the last unless a federal budget is mandated and that isn't going to happen with career politicians in charge. Politicians use money to buy power and budgets take away that power

This one will go long and it will be the last, because this one will do so much damage that the idiots in Washington will finally figure out that government managing its finances this poorly cant continue.

This is my prediction.

What say you?

Part of me was hoping that there would be a deal reached that included legislation preventing any future shutdowns. Sen. Mark Warner wrote something up to that effect, but I don't know what happened to it.

Part of me was hoping that there would be a deal reached that included legislation preventing any future shutdowns. Sen. Mark Warner wrote something up to that effect, but I don't know what happened to it.

Pass a budget and there would be no govt. shutdowns!!

Pass a budget and there would be no govt. shutdowns!!

The problem is that we have babies who hold the budget hostage in order to get things they don't deserve. Things like Trump's vanity wall should come via normal appropriations.

Failure to pass a budget should result in an automatic CR and automatic docking of congressional and WH pay until a budget is passed.

The problem is that we have babies who hold the budget hostage in order to get things they don't deserve. Things like Trump's vanity wall should come via normal appropriations.

Failure to pass a budget should result in an automatic CR and automatic docking of congressional and WH pay until a budget is passed.

Sorry but you don't get it, pass the Trump budget, the Obama budget, the Bush budget, the Clinton budget and you would never have a govt. shutdown, PERIOD!!! What part of that don't you understand? Failure to pass a budget is what creates the CR's but still you continue to blame Trump when Trump never had a bill on his desk to veto which generates the shutdown. Basic Senate rules require 60 votes to get Cloture which is why there was no passage of a Senate bill

I am dismayed how how little **** to the damage is given....I was right that it would go long and be very bad....I might have been wrong that enough people would care that there would be a push to make sure that it never happens again.

Sorry but you don't get it, pass the Trump budget, the Obama budget, the Bush budget, the Clinton budget and you would never have a govt. shutdown, PERIOD!!! What part of that don't you understand? Failure to pass a budget is what creates the CR's but still you continue to blame Trump when Trump never had a bill on his desk to veto which generates the shutdown. Basic Senate rules require 60 votes to get Cloture which is why there was no passage of a Senate bill

Presidents propose budgets, that's all they have the power to do, other than potentially veto.

That congress has been running things on CR's is very old news. You can amend my post to replace "budget" with CR if you like. The point stands. The shutdown weapon has to be taken from these morons.

This thread is about the last gov't shutdown and just goes to show how factually challenged you are as to what actually causes a shutdown. It won't be the last unless a federal budget is mandated and that isn't going to happen with career politicians in charge. Politicians use money to buy power and budgets take away that power

Well, congratulations finding the subject of the thread again. Except for the clumsy insult attempt, I actually agree with you.

Presidents propose budgets, that's all they have the power to do, other than potentially veto.

That congress has been running things on CR's is very old news. You can amend my post to replace "budget" with CR if you like. The point stands. The shutdown weapon has to be taken from these morons.
Mandating a budget and requiring term limits would go a long way in establishing that desire that most of us have.

Back
Top Bottom