• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Think Capitol rioters were "ordinary people"?

While looking at a groups website is a good starting point. One should generally look at other reviews of the organization to get a better sense of what they are about.
Consensus seems to be they are a Right Wing group.

No thanks. I don't need someone else to tell me what I should think about anything.

No thanks. I don't need someone else to tell me what I should think about anything.
yet you posted a link to the organization.

Did you not even read your own link information? If you did, did you take it as 100% truth?

Reading about a subject from different sources is not having someone telling you how to think. One is still free to form their own opinion.

Those who rioted on 1/6 were 100% "Trumpsters." Are you saying that because 50 million Trumpsters didn't show up and riot those who did are not a representative sample of Trumpsters?

What did Trump say to those rioters? "We love you."
Only if you say that the folks that burned and looted and rioted all summer long in 2020 were representative of liberals.

The definition of "Right Wing Extremist" is, "Disagrees with the liberal agenda".

Oh look, exhibit A in proving the point that Trump cultists see nothing wrong with the far right and happily defend them. To the Trump cult, these extremists are valuable allies against “liberals”, who Trump’s devotees see as existential threats.

yet you posted a link to the organization.

Did you not even read your own link information? If you did, did you take it as 100% truth?

Reading about a subject from different sources is not having someone telling you how to think. One is still free to form their own opinion.
I posted a link to the organization. I quoted the organization. I told you what I think.

That is me doing research and coming up with my own opinion. I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Now you are free to do your own research and come up with your own opinion. (Or you can let someone else come up with your opinion.)

Hmm… 30% of a group can certainly be called many, yet can’t be called most. That was used to justify the claim that the BLM protests were “mostly peaceful” despite considerable damage from a minority among them engaged in rioting, looting and arson.
In some cities at some protests.

That’s one misapprehension caused by conservative media.

Most of the protests nationwide were indeed peaceful.

But that doesn’t keep people clicking and viewing. So the ones that went sideways are presented as indicative rather than outliers.

I went to Seattle and Portland in September of 2020. All this videos of the unrest in both cities were clever use of camera angles of the same small areas edited to make it appear it was whole cities rather than the couple of blocks they actually were.

This practice is not limited to the right. The left does it too.

In some cities at some protests.

That’s one misapprehension caused by conservative media.

Most of the protests nationwide were indeed peaceful.

But that doesn’t keep people clicking and viewing. So the ones that went sideways are presented as indicative rather than outliers.

I went to Seattle and Portland in September of 2020. All this videos of the unrest in both cities were clever use of camera angles of the same small areas edited to make it appear it was whole cities rather than the couple of blocks they actually were.

This practice is not limited to the right. The left does it too.

I agree, yet the 1/6/2021 US Capitol riot was also en extremely localized and brief event.

Yep, and since most dogs don’t bite people, dog bites are not a problem. ;)
That’s not what he is saying. Consumers of conservative media actually believe all BLM protests were riots. They were not. Most weren’t.

But it doesn’t further the right wing agenda to show people peacefully protesting. Or to report the considerable number of outside agitators, some right wing provocateurs, some professional criminals and some the vandalism tourists that have been a problem at protests for decades caught by the police at protests that turned violent.

I don't know...doesn't sound very "extremist" to me. Maybe Mr. Jensen has different standards based on his personal bias?

I agree, yet the 1/6/2021 US Capitol riot was also en extremely localized and brief event.
It was. Had they lit a fire it would have been a mini BLM riot.

But context is important. Many protesting police misconduct are firsthand witnesses or victims. There are no election fraud witnesses or victims. So they were there acting on lies knowingly told to them.

It is very disturbing that those folks were attacking the Capitol as patriots in their hearts based on lies assholes told them for power and profit.

Only if you say that the folks that burned and looted and rioted all summer long in 2020 were representative of liberals.
Liberals lack y’all’s lockstep agreement with everything you’re told with no questioning or reflection on any element.

So you can’t paint with as large a brush as we can.

I posted a link to the organization. I quoted the organization. I told you what I think.

That is me doing research and coming up with my own opinion. I don't need someone else to do it for me.

Now you are free to do your own research and come up with your own opinion. (Or you can let someone else come up with your opinion.)
I have.
The organization is right wing. The information on their site is questionable.

It was. Had they lit a fire it would have been a mini BLM riot.

But context is important. Many protesting police misconduct are firsthand witnesses or victims. There are no election fraud witnesses or victims. So they were there acting on lies knowingly told to them.

It is very disturbing that those folks were attacking the Capitol as patriots in their hearts based on lies assholes told them for power and profit.

At least they were attacking what they perceived as the cause of the problem, not some random local business establishments and/or residential areas.

At least they were attacking what they perceived as the cause of the problem, not some random local business establishments and/or residential areas.
In Seattle I could see no evidence of recent repairs or paint to the homes around the park, and I know what to look for as a former finish carpenter.

And the businesses harmed were not random. Big corporate caught hell. But the mom and pop next door was not. There were even fliers explaining the whole process. I don’t condone it, but it wasn’t random there in most cases.

In Seattle I could see no evidence of recent repairs or paint to the homes around the park, and I know what to look for as a former finish carpenter.

And the businesses harmed were not random. Big corporate caught hell. But the mom and pop next door was not. There were even fliers explaining the whole process. I don’t condone it, but it wasn’t random there in most cases.

Some protests were more civilized than others for sure.

I have.
The organization is right wing. The information on their site is questionable.
And neither of those makes them extremist, as Jensen characterizes them.

The ladies & gentlemen who decided to visit their Representatives & Senators were (a) just ordinary people who were very naive and (b) probably some people who were there to secretly besmirch the reputation of the first group -- and who succeeded magnificently.

The first group of people believed that the sudden use of mail-in ballots provided an opportunity for Trump haters (and boy! how they can hate!) to get even by rigging the results.

They refused to believe that the American people would actually vote for the Democrats, who had overtly (like Nancy Pelosi) ratified the violence of 2020 or who had kept their mouths shut about the lawlessness. They could not believe the American people would vote for the Honorable Joseph Biden who had made so many genuinely racist remarks in the past. (Calling integrated schools, for example, another word for the rain forest.)

The Dems, of course, could not believe their good luck in having a group of pitiful souls trying to enter the Capitol in a boisterous manner.

Thanks to the liberal media, it was made to appear to be more that it was. (An "insurrection"? Yeah, right!)

And now liberal judges are salivating as they sentence those Capitol visitors to long prison terms.

Last edited:
And neither of those makes them extremist, as Jensen characterizes them.

ok. You disagree with Jensen.

What you post don't prove they are not. Like you said, each should think for themselves. :LOL:

One should consider the source of information one uses to form an opinion.

Hmm… 30% of a group can certainly be called many, yet can’t be called most. That was used to justify the claim that the BLM protests were “mostly peaceful” despite considerable damage from a minority among them engaged in rioting, looting and arson.
Hmm... your silly deflection adds nothing to the topic. It only aims to deflect. Is that the best you can do?

How would even the dumbest of Trump conspiracy theorists think the capitol was "the cause of the problem?"

Hmm... your silly deflection adds nothing to the topic. It only aims to deflect. Is that the best you can do?

It was not deflection. It was pointing out that one can‘t use the actions of a minority within a given group to try to attribute them to the majority of that group.

The ladies & gentlemen who decided to visit their Representatives & Senators were (a) just ordinary people who were very naive and (b) probably some people who were there to secretly besmirch the reputation of the first group -- and who succeeded magnificently.

The first group of people believed that the sudden use of mail-in ballots provided an opportunity for Trump haters (and boy! how they can hate!) to get even by rigging the results.

They refused to believe that the American people would actually vote for the Democrats, who had overtly (like Nancy Pelosi) ratified the violence of 2020 or who had kept their mouths shut about the lawlessness. They could not believe the American people would vote for the Honorable Joseph Biden who had made so many genuinely racist remarks in the past. (Calling integrated schools, for example, another word for the rain forest.)

The Dems, of course, could not believe their good luck in having a group of pitiful souls trying to enter the Capitol in a boisterous manner.

Thanks to the liberal media, it was made to appear to be more that it was. (An "insurrection"? Yeah, right!)

And now liberal judges are salivating as they sentence those Capitol visitors to long prison terms.
Here's a fun chart from Statistia.

From 2016 to 2020 There were 21.6 million more votes cast for President. Trump picked up 11.2 million more votes. Democrats picked up 15.4 million more votes.

The only other election that had anything like that kind of total vote increase was 2004 which had 17 million more votes cast than 2000. In that election Bush picked up 11.5 million more votes and democrats picked up 8 million.

The 2020 election had BY FAR the largest swing for Democrats we have ever seen and managed to have that swing without Republicans losing any ground. Throw in 4 years of Democrat run shenanigans related to Russiagate, Zuckerbucks, Covid and media malpractice and there was damned good reason to suspect that the election wasn't on the level.

Here's a fun chart from Statistia.

From 2016 to 2020 There were 21.6 million more votes cast for President. Trump picked up 11.2 million more votes. Democrats picked up 15.4 million more votes.

The only other election that had anything like that kind of total vote increase was 2004 which had 17 million more votes cast than 2000. In that election Bush picked up 11.5 million more votes and democrats picked up 8 million.

The 2020 election had BY FAR the largest swing for Democrats we have ever seen and managed to have that swing without Republicans losing any ground. Throw in 4 years of Democrat run shenanigans related to Russiagate, Zuckerbucks, Covid and media malpractice and there was damned good reason to suspect that the election wasn't on the level.
Just more of the same garbage.
You Trumpers are too clueless to appreciate how horrible Trump was and why so many people were motivated to vote him out. So you do what conspiracy theorists do and just presume there had to be some cheating of some type. Wrong. He just sucked and sane americans wanted him gone!

Just more of the same garbage.
You Trumpers are too clueless to appreciate how horrible Trump was and why so many people were motivated to vote him out. So you do what conspiracy theorists do and just presume there had to be some cheating of some type. Wrong. He just sucked and sane americans wanted him gone!
If he sucked as bad as you say he did then why did 11 million MORE people vote for him?

ok. You disagree with Jensen.
Yes. I disagree with him.

What you post don't prove they are not. Like you said, each should think for themselves. :LOL:
Prove? There's nothing to prove.

And yes, each should think for themselves.

One should consider the source of information one uses to form an opinion.
Sure. I did. I used that organization's own website.

What source did Jensen use? He doesn't say.

Back
Top Bottom