• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Think Capitol rioters were "ordinary people"?

The Trumpsters that attacked police officers and entered the Capitol weren’t protestors. They were violent rioters.

I agree completely, but what percentage of “Trumpsters” did that?

I am amazed that it took a study (or two?) to discover that white supremacists are also extremely far right. ;)
So many Trump supporters insist that nazis and white supremecists are actually liberals.

The issue isn't what percentage of Trump supporters participated. It's the fact that the impetus for it came from the highest levels of the Republican party.

OK, but does that mean the (Biden) DOJ is too stupid or inept to make that ‘incitement to violence’ case in court?

The numbers vary depending on source of information, but I believe a fair estimate would be roughly 20%.

The percentage that broke laws isn’t, and hasn’t been, the point. The American people and federal agencies involved in investigating events of that day aren’t concerned with those Trumpsters that didn’t break any laws.

OK, but does that mean the (Biden) DOJ is too stupid or inept to make that ‘incitement to violence’ case in court?
They are working their way up, the higher ups get charged last. That is how it works. The law is about as fast as a glacier.

So we'll see.

Even if they aren't charged with crimes there is no doubt that the impetus for that crap from Trump and his people.

has anyone else just kept track of which people (online, real life, family, friends) have tried to excuse away January the 6th?

So...Mr. Jensen thinks American Frontline Doctors is an extremist group.

About Us​
Who we are​
Honest Healthcare Solutions — From the Ground Up​
The doctor-patient relationship is being threatened. That means quality patient care is under fire like never before. Powerful interests are undermining the effective practice of medicine with politicized science and biased information. Now more than ever, patients need access to independent, evidence-based information to make the best decisions for their healthcare. Doctors must have the independence to care for their patients without interference from the government, media, and the medical establishment.​
America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) stands up for every American looking for the best quality healthcare by empowering doctors working on the front lines of our nation’s most pressing healthcare challenges. We help to amplify the voices of concerned physicians and patients nationwide to combat those who push political and economic agendas at the expense of science and quality healthcare solutions.​

I don't know...doesn't sound very "extremist" to me. Maybe Mr. Jensen has different standards based on his personal bias?

I didn't look at all of the so-called extremist groups he came up with, but if this one is a representative example, then I'll just relegate his opinion to the low credibility file.
The definition of "Right Wing Extremist" is, "Disagrees with the liberal agenda".

Those who rioted on 1/6 were 100% "Trumpsters." Are you saying that because 50 million Trumpsters didn't show up and riot those who did are not a representative sample of Trumpsters?

What did Trump say to those rioters? "We love you."

So...Mr. Jensen thinks American Frontline Doctors is an extremist group.

About Us​
Who we are​
Honest Healthcare Solutions — From the Ground Up​
The doctor-patient relationship is being threatened. That means quality patient care is under fire like never before. Powerful interests are undermining the effective practice of medicine with politicized science and biased information. Now more than ever, patients need access to independent, evidence-based information to make the best decisions for their healthcare. Doctors must have the independence to care for their patients without interference from the government, media, and the medical establishment.​
America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) stands up for every American looking for the best quality healthcare by empowering doctors working on the front lines of our nation’s most pressing healthcare challenges. We help to amplify the voices of concerned physicians and patients nationwide to combat those who push political and economic agendas at the expense of science and quality healthcare solutions.​

I don't know...doesn't sound very "extremist" to me. Maybe Mr. Jensen has different standards based on his personal bias?

I didn't look at all of the so-called extremist groups he came up with, but if this one is a representative example, then I'll just relegate his opinion to the low credibility file.

View attachment 67386343
While looking at a groups website is a good starting point. One should generally look at other reviews of the organization to get a better sense of what they are about.
Consensus seems to be they are a Right Wing group.

New research connects many to far-right groups​

My takeaway is that many people who belong to far-right groups do indeed blend in as 'ordinary'. Radical politics have become normalized by Fox News and other outlets, so they no longer set off our alarm bells the way they might have in the past.

It’s understandable, following four years when the former president blatantly and publicly attempted to use DOJ as his personal tool, that you would be mistaken in thinking the DOJ does Biden’s, but that isn’t how it works. AG Garland does not take input/direction from the president regarding whether or not anyone is prosecuted.

I do not believe the guy who broke into the Capitol dressed like a viking was an ordinary person. Just my two cents.

Adolf Hitler and all Nazis were members of Homo s. sapiens.
Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump are members of Homo s. sapiens.
Serial killers and mass murderers of born humans are members of Homo s. sapiens.

As far as I'm concerned, the 1/6 insurrectionists did indeed cross a line between them and "us."

Hi, choiceone.

Thank you for taking time to respond. Recognizing a person's humanity doesn't mean condoning that individual's actions.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

The Trumpsters that attacked police officers and entered the Capitol weren’t protestors. They were violent rioters.

Hi, RaleBulgarian.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my post.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Jensen and @Gateman_Wen is correct.
View attachment 67386356
View attachment 67386357
View attachment 67386358

You are dismissed.

He "thinks" they are extremist because they are, as the smart people know.

From Wiki:

America's Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) is an American right-wing political organization.[1][2][3] Affiliated with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin and publicly led by Simone Gold, the group is opposed to measures intended to control the COVID-19 pandemic, such as business closures, stay-at-home orders, and vaccination. The group promotes falsehoods about the COVID-19 pandemic and COVID-19 vaccines.

AFLDS made its first public appearance during a media event on July 27, 2020, where they advocated for the use of repurposed drugs such as hydroxychloroquine as treatments for COVID-19. Their statements were made without the support of peer-reviewed evidence or regulatory approval, and the group also alleged that the pharmaceutical industry was intentionally sponsoring studies showing the drugs to be ineffective. Video of the event was distributed via right-wing websites and social media outlets, and also promoted by then-U.S. president Donald Trump and his son.[4][5][6]
LOL!!

Right.

Wiki.

You are dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom