• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Think Capitol rioters were "ordinary people"?

It was not deflection. It was pointing out that one can‘t use the actions of a minority within a given group to try to attribute them to the majority of that group.
It was a deflection.

Hmm… 30% of a group can certainly be called many, yet can’t be called most. That was used to justify the claim that the BLM protests were “mostly peaceful” despite considerable damage from a minority among them engaged in rioting, looting and arson.
Whataboutism

At least they were attacking what they perceived as the cause of the problem, not some random local business establishments and/or residential areas.
Oh yes it's so much better to literally try and overturn an election by force

Yes. I disagree with him.

Prove? There's nothing to prove.

And yes, each should think for themselves.

Sure. I did. I used that organization's own website.

What source did Jensen use? He doesn't say.

So, you accepted the organization information without verifying or checking its credibility. That is a can be a problem when only looking from one source.

But hey, they do support the "demon seed" doctor. :giggle:

The people who showed up at the US Capital building on 1/6 and subsequently invaded it were not some strange sort of beasts. Rather, they were members of the species h. sapiens, even as you and I. It's important to remember that there is a large number of characteristics which we all share and a wide spectrum within each characteristic. No two of us are identical.

It is when we disregard this that we fall into the fallacy of thinking in terms of 'us' and 'them', the wellspring of much mischief and many deaths. Once 'them' have been sufficiently vilified, tragedies obtain. The examples are all about us.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.
Nobody I would call "us" tried to overthrow my government.

So...Mr. Jensen thinks American Frontline Doctors is an extremist group.

About Us​
Who we are​
Honest Healthcare Solutions — From the Ground Up​
The doctor-patient relationship is being threatened. That means quality patient care is under fire like never before. Powerful interests are undermining the effective practice of medicine with politicized science and biased information. Now more than ever, patients need access to independent, evidence-based information to make the best decisions for their healthcare. Doctors must have the independence to care for their patients without interference from the government, media, and the medical establishment.​
America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) stands up for every American looking for the best quality healthcare by empowering doctors working on the front lines of our nation’s most pressing healthcare challenges. We help to amplify the voices of concerned physicians and patients nationwide to combat those who push political and economic agendas at the expense of science and quality healthcare solutions.​

I don't know...doesn't sound very "extremist" to me. Maybe Mr. Jensen has different standards based on his personal bias?

I didn't look at all of the so-called extremist groups he came up with, but if this one is a representative example, then I'll just relegate his opinion to the low credibility file.

View attachment 67386343
They're whack-jobs who sold bogus covid treatments like ivermectin.

Nobody I would call "us" tried to overthrow my government.

Hi, Gateman Wen.

Your post nicely demonstrates the "we/they" mindset. That is meant neither as praise nor as put-down.

At least they were attacking what they perceived as the cause of the problem, not some random local business establishments and/or residential areas.
Yes they were attacking the seat of the US gov.

Which makes it an insurrection, and very different than a riot.

Hi, Gateman Wen.

Your post nicely demonstrates the "we/they" mindset. That is meant neither as praise nor as put-down.

Sometimes it really is "us vs them".

You are dismissed.
One of the best features of Media Bias Fact Check is that the site backs up it’s evaluations with verifiable facts.
C59804B9-1D73-4299-BC43-4026A6035BE1.jpeg
8F8CB370-63FA-4DA3-A680-603FFD7A4373.jpeg
D3E897ED-AF9F-431E-AF61-E2700C30D2AA.jpeg

“The owner of this website is James D. Agresti, who also operates the website Just Facts Daily that we have rated as also having a right-center bias. Mr. Agresti is also the author of the book Rational Conclusions, evidencing factual support for the Bible across various academic disciplines. Mr. Agresti’s Christian political bias is evident on the Just Facts Dailywebsite, but less so here. Just Facts is a Non-Profit.”

“ … while it is true that all the facts listed on JF are validated or peer-reviewed in some way, JF does not attempt to report a balanced view of the totality of information, they do not include information that disagrees with their preferred conclusions, and they present facts (especially time series) selectively in such a way that those very facts seem to support the opposite of what the full data really support.”

Failed Fact Checks​

Overall, we rate Just Facts Right-Center Biased based on the promotion of information that favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual for reporting due to unbalanced fact checks that favor the right. (3/4/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2020)

Source: https://www.justfacts.com/

And then there’s Agresti’s association as policy advisor to The Heartland Institute. A far right, low credibility site with a long history of lies/failed fact checks.

Failed Fact Checks​

Last edited:
One of the best features of Media Bias Fact Check is that the site backs up it’s evaluations with verifiable facts.
View attachment 67386427
View attachment 67386428
View attachment 67386429

“The owner of this website is James D. Agresti, who also operates the website Just Facts Daily that we have rated as also having a right-center bias. Mr. Agresti is also the author of the book Rational Conclusions, evidencing factual support for the Bible across various academic disciplines. Mr. Agresti’s Christian political bias is evident on the Just Facts Dailywebsite, but less so here. Just Facts is a Non-Profit.”

“ … while it is true that all the facts listed on JF are validated or peer-reviewed in some way, JF does not attempt to report a balanced view of the totality of information, they do not include information that disagrees with their preferred conclusions, and they present facts (especially time series) selectively in such a way that those very facts seem to support the opposite of what the full data really support.”

Failed Fact Checks​

Overall, we rate Just Facts Right-Center Biased based on the promotion of information that favors the right. We also rate them Mostly Factual for reporting due to unbalanced fact checks that favor the right. (3/4/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 11/19/2020)

Source: https://www.justfacts.com/

And then there’s Agresti’s association as policy advisor to The Heartland Institute. A far right, low credibility site with a long history of lies/failed fact checks.

Failed Fact Checks​

They don't provide and about page? Ummm...I linked and quoted from their about page.

Great "fact checking" you got there.

They don't provide and about page? Ummm...I linked and quoted from their about page.

Great "fact checking" you got there.
A69E5007-24DF-4570-A83A-1685D56E538C.jpeg

Try paying better attention. It might save you from further embarrassing yourself.

View attachment 67386434

Try paying better attention. It might save you from further embarrassing yourself.
You're right. I didn't realize you were fact checking the fact checkers.

Around and around you go...and I'll STILL trust my own opinion over some fact checker.

Around and around you go...and I'll STILL trust my own opinion over some fact checker.
Of course you do.

So...Mr. Jensen thinks American Frontline Doctors is an extremist group.

About Us​
Who we are​
Honest Healthcare Solutions — From the Ground Up​
The doctor-patient relationship is being threatened. That means quality patient care is under fire like never before. Powerful interests are undermining the effective practice of medicine with politicized science and biased information. Now more than ever, patients need access to independent, evidence-based information to make the best decisions for their healthcare. Doctors must have the independence to care for their patients without interference from the government, media, and the medical establishment.​
America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) stands up for every American looking for the best quality healthcare by empowering doctors working on the front lines of our nation’s most pressing healthcare challenges. We help to amplify the voices of concerned physicians and patients nationwide to combat those who push political and economic agendas at the expense of science and quality healthcare solutions.​

I don't know...doesn't sound very "extremist" to me. Maybe Mr. Jensen has different standards based on his personal bias?

I didn't look at all of the so-called extremist groups he came up with, but if this one is a representative example, then I'll just relegate his opinion to the low credibility file.

View attachment 67386343

Wow, can I host infomercials too ?!?

That's the problem right there.

For Republicans, far-right groups are normal people. The FBI and DHS studied white supremacy and discovered all connections to it are on the extreme right side.

Here is the access to the FBI report: Strategic Intelligence Assessment and Data on Domestic Terrorism

Non-copyable Executive Summary on page 2.

More recent report (May 2021) here: Strategic Intelligence Assessment and Data on Domestic Terrorism

Excerpt:
II. Executive Summary Preventing terrorist attacks remains a top priority for both the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The threat posed by international and domestic threat actors has evolved significantly since 9/11. The greatest terrorism threat to the Homeland we face today is posed by lone offenders, often radicalized online, who look to attack soft targets with easily accessible weapons. Many of these violent extremists are motivated and inspired by a mix of socio-political goals and personal grievances against their targets. With this report, we are providing our strategic intelligence assessments on DT, a detailed discussion of our procedures and methods to address DT threats, as well as data on DT incidents and our investigations.

Last edited:
RIGHT-WING EXTREMISM IN AMERICA

The extreme far right have always been here in our country. Trump just made it possible for them to come out of the shadows.

But they aint goin' back into those shadows. The Far-far Right Extremists still fundamentally believe in what they say.

From here: The Rise of Far-Right Extremism in the United States

Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, more than quadrupling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.

Right-wing extremism in the US may not today be a major generator of headlines. But the fact remains that such thinking is still predominant in a large sector of the American population.

Americans need to keep an eye-on-it because IT WILL COME OUT AGAIN. All it requires is a tiny-spike of misinformation for its acolytes to come back out of the woodwork yelling their idiot slogans. The advent of such a temperament is more psychological than intellectual. In fact, on a proven-source intellectual basis time-and-time-again these far-right notions have proven to be void and useless. BUT, they are recurrent in popular-thinking.

Business Insider puts the percentage of the Rabid-Right in America at around a quarter of the population ...

Back
Top Bottom