• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The war in Afghanistan: 15 years with no end in sight [W:116] [W:170]

re: The war in Afghanistan: 15 years with no end in sight [W:116]

Omg dude, it's like out last debate all over again.

Be honest, did you even know that bin Laden lived in Pakistan longer than he lived in Afghanistan, after 9/11?

Or that part of the Pakistani government harbored him and protected him?

The ISI are snakes. It didn't surprise me too badly.

But your seriously using "well, Bin Laden left Afghanistan right away after 9/11" as an excuse?

From the Soviets.

Don't forget the French.

Clearly, the Iraq War was a Russo-American-French plot to destroy paradise on earth, aka Baathist Iraq. Oh, wait.

Both the US and the Soviets are responsible for selling weapons to anyone with dollars to spend. Both countries are guilty of arming the world.

The profiteers don't give a damn about sides or death or anything except making money. They win all wars by getting richer.

But I forgot--- you can do all sorts of nasty things to your populace and people will excuse it so long as your anti American.

We struck a deal with Iran, which has been anti American for decades. Of course Iran isn't going to follow the agreement, and will go right on trying to develope nuclear weapons. Spoiler alert: we'll probably be invading them in 5 years to get those darn WMDs out of their hands.

War is a business.

We struck a deal with Iran, which has been anti American for decades. Of course Iran isn't going to follow the agreement, and will go right on trying to develope nuclear weapons. Spoiler alert: we'll probably be invading them in 5 years to get those darn WMDs out of their hands.

War is a business.

I mean, if you'd prefer to see a mushroom cloud going up over New York from a nuclear device that miraculously found its way into the hands of a terrorist cell.....

The ISI are snakes. It didn't surprise me too badly.

But your seriously using "well, Bin Laden left Afghanistan right away after 9/11" as an excuse?

Yes. Why are we fighting in Afghanistan "because they helped OBL" when Pakistan's own government harbored him for 9 years? Do you realize how many American soldiers, plus Europeans died in Afghanistan from 2002-2011 when we were "looking for obl " in the wrong freaking country?

Isn't Pakistan responsible for our dead soldiers from 2002-2011?

Iran hasn't attacked another country since 1798.

except it attacked US and other embassies during the Carter administration which is an attack on our country. Iran should have ceased to exist after that unprovoked intrusion

except it attacked US and other embassies during the Carter administration which is an attack on our country. Iran should have ceased to exist after that unprovoked intrusion
The Shah was installed with help from the CIA in 1953. The US actively overthrew the Iranian government cause they nationalized their oil industry. The US wasn't some sort of innocent victim in the region.

Yes. Why are we fighting in Afghanistan "because they helped OBL" when Pakistan's own government harbored him for 9 years? Do you realize how many American soldiers, plus Europeans died in Afghanistan from 2002-2011 when we were "looking for obl " in the wrong freaking country?

Isn't Pakistan responsible for our dead soldiers from 2002-2011?
Yeah, but the US has enough military bases there so Pakistan is okay......

The Shah was installed with help from the CIA in 1953. The US actively overthrew the Iranian government cause they nationalized their oil industry. The US wasn't some sort of innocent victim in the region.

doesn't matter, an attack on our embassy is an attack on our country and carter should have destroyed Iran for that. we should have given them two days to turn our citizens back over to us and if not, we should have annihilated everyone responsible. and obliterate any opposition. We should have made a horrible example out of that country and if so, I doubt we'd have the problems over there we have now

Doesn't the whole "we killed Osama bin Laden" thing not make a lot of sense? I mean the US finally killed the most wanted man in the world and they just take a half assed picture and then dump his body in the ocean.... Really?

doesn't matter, an attack on our embassy is an attack on our country and carter should have destroyed Iran for that. we should have given them two days to turn our citizens back over to us and if not, we should have annihilated everyone responsible. and obliterate any opposition. We should have made a horrible example out of that country and if so, I doubt we'd have the problems over there we have now
Yeah, that's a great strategy. Kill everyone.

Yeah, that's a great strategy. Kill everyone.

Nope, just the ones who needed killing. you do that and the rest fall in line.

Moderator's Warning:
Just a reminder that all posts specific to the Israel/Palestine conflict must be housed in the ME forum. Please also remember to read the sticky relating to the rules ( ME Forum Martial LawConcordance) before posting there if you are not already familiar with them. Just a heads up. Thank you.

What the **** kind of person are you?

Re: The war in Afghanistan: 15 years with no end in sight [W:116]

Doesn't the whole "we killed Osama bin Laden" thing not make a lot of sense? I mean the US finally killed the most wanted man in the world and they just take a half assed picture and then dump his body in the ocean.... Really?

you were hoping for a "Braveheart" moment-his legs and arms sent to the four corners of the kingdom and his head impaled on a spike in the middle of Bora bora to send a warning to his FM followers?

Or maybe a hollywood production of pigs defecating on his body played all over Jihadland?

Saddam Hussein didn't attack the United States so why did the US wage an undeclared war against Iraq?

You really don't know?

Please... Be so kind as to pick up a history book. No one said Iraq was invaded due to 9/11.

Maybe some better proof that he was actually killed?

Back
Top Bottom