• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Rise of the Right-Wing Media Machine

Of course I know that marketing and manipulation are a part of media...especially the Mainstream Media. What YOU think about that stuff only depends upon your ability to resist those efforts.

But that doesn't mean...not one little bit...that Fox News is "right wing media". And that certainly doesn't mean that there is ANY "right wing media machine".
Sure.

Y'all just somehow come to the exact same conclusions based on exactly the same verbiage and imagery all natural like.

Why do you even try to lie to me about this stuff? Do you think anybody agrees with you on that?

Sure.

Y'all just somehow come to the exact same conclusions based on exactly the same verbiage and imagery all natural like.

Why do you even try to lie to me about this stuff? Do you think anybody agrees with you on that?
What did I say that you think is a lie?

I haven't heard this worn out leftist lie laid on this thick since George W was in office.

Where to begin...

Fair.org is a far left propaganda website similar to Media Matters... Their stories contain the same level of dishonesty and the same lack of credibility as MM... The only difference is their writing staff is slightly less clownish.

What planet are you living on? Have you been out of the country the last 4 years or something? That speaks directly to progressivism and the democrats in DC they drag around by the ears.

1. You mean the war started by Kennedy, escalated by Johnson, and ended by Nixon? That war?
2. Do you even remember how the mainstream news media savaged the Reagan administration on a daily basis back then?
3. What right wing media? During Nixon's and Reagan's time 40 to 50 million people a night got their news from ABC, NBC, CBS, and Reagan even had to deal with Ted Turner's CNN... all of which had a clear left wing bias. Four of the five top newspapers in the country were liberal and most of the national radio news networks were also left leaning. Don't even get me started on Hollywood and academia. Maybe you've forgotten, but there was no Fox News and with the exception of Reagan's last days in office, right wing talk radio did not exist in any form what so ever.
4. Would you like a refresher course on what's been put out over the last decade by the democrats and the mainstream news media? Maybe we can compare notes... That would refresh you memory and clear things up a bit.

I have to address one more thing... This is one of the most ridiculous and patently absurd statements I've seen on this forum during my 11 years as a member...

I can't fathom how anyone with even a smidgen of integrity and self respect could post such a brazen untruth.
I think you do need to review your history.... Rodger Ailes, was the catalysis for what is Fox News... and it had an "agenda' from the very start... Nixon thought he was above the law, and Justice Scalia was the catalysis behind the promotion of the "unitary executive", in their effort to give Nixon unrestricted powers to rule and over rule other divisions of Governance.

See, I did not just start dealing with this stuff at the advent of Trump....

I see....

You went to a liberal cult website for your daily does of confirmation bias and decided to share it with us.

Thank you for sharing:ROFLMAO:
If things don't make you think..... that's on you...

I'm not gullible to post a like to things I have not researched far beyond what that article is discussion. I knew exactly what that article was talking about, and I've written about it long before I encountered that article. Besides, I watched Live the Watergate Investigation, and I watched Live the Iran/Contra and I read, so I know what they were covering up, and I saw and million more saw the influx of drugs saturate America... through out the 1980's... and it did not happen by accident.
You can and deny anything that appeases you.

One thing is certain in America... Black people have a long history of not sitting around taking "the wealthy white mans words as some gospel".. That's something for segments of white people who have been long groomed to take such words as gospel and they shape their entire lives behind it. "then keep crying and whining "we've been left behind", because they believed anything they were told".

I would not even expect you or many of the like minded types as yourself to grasp anything I write, or to have enough concern to reteach for yourself, beyond the right wing spin cycle.
Right now... Right Wing white people are doing exactly what LBJ told them they would do.
" President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
They don't even know where that money goes... but Trump has set up a PAC... with very few limitation on what he can do with that money, but they hoodwinked the people to think it was to pay for "election re-counts".... Now, we know your are highly unlikely to read any of the links...
so... you can continue on with your urgency to promote your denials.

American history is full of "white men" destroying anything he can't dominate and control... we've seen it with things like Detroit, The Rust Belt, an The Midwest Farming (which they've forced many small farmers to loose farm, sell them and Monsanto control the seeds) ... Even now with the Vaccine.. they "lied" and did not send the volume they said they'd send and have no concern to direct the shipment of the millions of viles at Pfizer. Even with the Russian Hacking, its ironic that Trump removed the Cyber Security Chief... and put in a Trump Loonies, and has done so at the Pentagon, and then all of a sudden "critical infrastructure agencies get hacked" and Trump has not said a "single word" even when all indication point to Russia.
All this stuff goes right over the head of Right Wing Conservatives, because all they care about.. is if these vile white man such a Trump and Republicans can promote white nationalism. Unaware, that it has no regard for working poor and poor whites in that process.... to these people... the average poor and working poor white have always been considered as disposable and allowable collateral damages.
These people don't care about people with a few 10's of thousands or a few $100's of thousands.. they have long moved past those levels of concern... either you have multiple millions in fluid unobligated cash flow, to 10's of millions to $100's of million....

Anyone below that level...is considered disposable... and usable as "service class technicians", "service class menial jobs", and low level production workers... or you better have a usable skill, that is in higher demand that is beneficial to the wealthy.... Otherwise, they have long ago come to the concept that the population is too large. .

The 1% -10% have long felt they don't need 40% of the population- they feel they can make enough money among themselves and not have to pay taxes and they can rely on foreign trade to give them what they want.

Learn about the British Empire.. and how the relied on profits from the countries their imperialist agenda occupied. "The Love Of Money Breeds Many Evils in Man"....

The average white person has had that concept for centuries in America when they supported Slavery and Backed Segregation for 100's of years... so nothing is new about their game and the concepts behind it.

More and more younger white people are talking about "all of this"... as well as a lot of older white people, who once did not have means to reach a volume of people, but now.. with the internet, they can reach people all over the world, and they are actively not only talking in America, but they are talking in countries around the world.

Countries now...have mass volumes of people who 'detest " Right Wing White Confederate Imperialist Mentality"... and the Right Wing White Evangels have disgraced themselves and young people have no affinity for that brand of bastardization of right wing religion.

They know who to choose News for the sake of Truth and Exposure of Right Wing Malice... and they don't lend themselves to be controlled or manipulated by Right Wing Media trying to dictate and control the public narrative.

The days of White Nationalism is Numbered. People see the vile of Republican during this Pandemic, they see how these vile people are trying to starve out the people, and leave them without assistance. They will "bring back strength to the Media to do what the Media was designed to do, and that be a check on Governance to expose the truths to people. It's been a long time coming, but its in process this very day.

Trump knows he's fleecing the working poor whites and have the wealthy sucker to the game,.... but that money he is collecting now... and what he plans to do with it can be smothered out, by people like Gates, Bezoz, and many many others.... who respect American Democracy.
Trump is a mortal being... and he does not have that many years left.... and he likely won't have his name on so many properties before he meets life ultimate demise, its just how life is.
Reagan found out... even those he did not know he found out, because he basically did know who he was prior to his ultimate demise.

Last edited:
The MSM takes an opposing stance to virtually every controversial moral position I hold. They dramatically over-report issues I consider unimportant while virtually ignoring those I do. And they promote, publicize, and glorify the ideas I don't want promoted, publicized, or glorified with such uncanny consistency, it's as though they'd plumbed my psyche to discover exactly those things I find disturbing, crass, perverse, morally abhorrent, or extremely unwise to report.

Hence if the MSM is a great right-wing machine, I must not be "right wing".

I think you do need to review your history.... Rodger Ailes, was the catalysis for what is Fox News... and it had an "agenda' from the very start... Nixon thought he was above the law, and Justice Scalia was the catalysis behind the promotion of the "unitary executive", in their effort to give Nixon unrestricted powers to rule and over rule other divisions of Governance.

See, I did not just start dealing with this stuff at the advent of Trump....

I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about, but my post was addressing your bogus op... You know, post #1? I never disputed anything concerning Roger Ailes or Justice Scalia... How could I when you never mentioned either one of them in your op to begin with?

Your op basically boils down to this one quote from it:
...the supposedly liberal press is, in reality, not liberal in any partisan sense at all. The vast majority of journalists in the mainstream press either operate as they should—that is, with nonideological “objectivity”—or they demonstrate a center-right political orientation.

Not only is that statement a lie of gargantuan proportions, but as I already said, it "is one of the most ridiculous and patently absurd statements I've seen on this forum during my 11 years as a member."

Are you familiar with the Young Turks? That was rhetorical, of course you are... Well this little clip is from a conversation this week between Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur, the king and queen of progressive propaganda, that relates precisely to your ridiculous premise:

Even Ana Kasparian has limits to how much BS she can go along with, and obviously portraying the mainstream news media as being "right wing" was so out there, she had to call out her boss for trying to push that nonsense.

Thanks for the laughs but as Dick Cheney might say, "That dog don't hunt".

The MSM takes an opposing stance to virtually every controversial moral position I hold. They dramatically over-report issues I consider unimportant while virtually ignoring those I do. And they promote, publicize, and glorify the ideas I don't want promoted, publicized, or glorified with such uncanny consistency, it's as though they'd plumbed my psyche to discover exactly those things I find disturbing, crass, perverse, morally abhorrent, or extremely unwise to report.

You forget that you are one among 320+ Million People.... The point with News is about "Truths"... not what people like or don't like... The truth in life presents, the good, the bad and the indifferent.... because that's how truth is when it comes to reality.... what you may feel is bad... may not be so to another. You may not like homosexual and they report about homosexual... but just because someone does not like homosexuals, does not make them not exist. Many people have found that out in their "own" families. There was a couple on the news who did not want their daughter to marry a black man, but when the baby was born, they found out, they loved that baby, and then began to appreciate the man as well as respect him as himself and has the husband he was. The same has happen in black families, where they did not want their son or daughter to marry someone of a different race, but when they did, and the kids were born, they came to the same appreciation.

The white man said...who's daughter married the black man, the father said.. he'd always grown up thinking, being white meant he was better than blacks, but his grandchild and son in law made him realize how wrong he had been.

MSN, CNN... report lots of stuff "we'd prefer did not happen in life"... such as the exposure of corruptions, the malice of people with money and power, as well as religions that delude people and anything that is news. In many cases,... these stories turn out to help people... and people learn to be more cautious, don't fall for any politicians who spins, but to check facts. It also helps people understand, to stop kissing peoples ass because they are wealthy, or they may be an entertainer, or some publicity surrounded person, and deal with the character.

Too often. Conservative think the world should mold itself behind their "individualized" concepts.. and that has NEVER been the reality of the world and it never will be. Everyone did not grow up idolizing "white TV characters and the imagery pushed in white media for all those years prior to the late 1960's. People don't sit around caught up like many white people tripping on being white, as if they think all white people are the same because of skin... But white people have no problem with Irish and Irish traditions, Italians and Italian traditions, German and German Traditions and etc... but they raise hell the minute that Latin People appreciate their Latin Traditions, or Black People appreciate their Black Traditions. That's the kind of ignorance and vile that Jim Crow taught white people for 100 yrs. The majority of white people are "mixed with people from many lands, and some of those same mixtures, they are happy to say. I'm part this, part that, and on and on, but they ignore the parts from the people they don't respect. It's the dumbest thing ever!!!!! The only thing "the majority of white people come together on is " their disrespect of black people", then they push it toward Asian, Latin (except the more white skin Latin), Middle Eastern and etc...
White People created this Prejudicial Racism and its the dumbest thing every... because when it comes to white people, the well to do one that call themselves members of "white people" can't stand the poor people who call themselves members of "white people"... In many areas "white people will kill another white person, about anything, and certainly over money.... whether they call themselves English, Irish, Polish, German or whatever.
They don't complain about "German Town", "Irish Town", Polish Town, Italian Town and etc communities. Instead they are delighted to go there, looking for the cultural foods from those groups... but frown on going to Black Soul Food... when fact is.. many of the dishes that many people eat are black recipe's that came to white people from a long history of how food was prepared among societies people.
Not all white people trip like that... because I see many who love to go to soul food places, and young white kids love to emulate much of what young black kids do, from sagging their pants, to the type of dances they do and some of the music they make. White Rock music had its origin in Blues.... and many start out trying to mimic Jimi Hendrix... Santana and other non whites within their learning process.

(A Must Read: For Republicans and Democrats)

Modern Day Republicanism has not seen a day, they did not awaken and arise without the "Let's attack and defeat something motivation" as the core agenda.

This current day right wing media of talking heads and right wing networks is the legacy of "Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan"...

((( Republican and Democrats NEED to Read This Article )))
It will help people understand how and why the malice making of Right Wing Media was created

1. Nixon wanted to hide the mess made in Vietnam
  2. Reagan wanted to hide the mess made in Iran/Contra
  3. And a variety of other cover up were done by the agenda of "right wing media".
  4. They sell lies, create conspiracies, denigrate people, and organizations and the agenda is always to control the narrative to promote the lies and cover ups.

History:
  • It was a theme that Nixon would repeat often. The president was convinced that “the press and TV don’t change their attitude and approach unless you hurt them,”
History

• For a fleeting time, the American people could count on the press to act as a constitutional watchdog to warn the nation about government wrongdoing. The crimes of Watergate, lies about the Vietnam War and abuses by the CIA were brought to light.

• But, not coincidentally, Nixon saw this newly awakened press as his enemy and retaliated. His conservative allies set about building their own press establishment and intimidating honest journalists in the mainstream media. Now, a quarter century later, the US press needs to be challenged again to resume its constitutional mission.
end quote

The act and agenda to cover up lies, promote conspiracies, and delude and mislead the people... has been the core premise of why Right Wing Media was created. (Read The Article and Learn)

Republicanism seek to "defeat".... where as; Democrat seeks to "promote"

(We continually see this fact, over and over between the two parties).​

I think both sides try to bend the media to report the political news in a manner most advantageous to them. Right now, cable news is nothing more than propaganda news networks for both sides of the aisle. FoxNews for the Republicans and MSNBC and CNN for the democrats. There's no such thing as straight news anymore. It's all present with a slant toward or against one side or the other. I gave up on cable news a very long time ago.

I think we need to get back to when the news just reported the event and that was it. Not having a zillion guests trying to explain to us what it means and what we should think. Their explanation is from their and the networks point of view and only their point of view. There's a very good reason liberals watch CNN and MSNBC and conservatives FoxNews, they give their viewers the news in the way their viewers want. Of course we're talking corporate news giants here who are in the news business to make money, not to report the news accurately, fairly and comprehensively. The more viewers, the more money each can charge for their commercials.

Right Wing is a Confederacy Construct.

Read the Confederacy Preamble -Confederate States of America

Preamble:
We, the people of the Confederate States, each State acting in its sovereign and independent character, in order to form a permanent federal government, establish justice, insure domestic tranquillity, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity — invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God — do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Confederate States of America.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Read the U.S. Preamble... to the U.S. Constitution

Preamble
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The thing the Confederacy left out... was "Promote The General Welfare" -- they only wanted Government to provide them a "Military composed of poor whites and others To Protect Themselves".

It's the "exact thing, that Right Wingers and Conservatives "ALWAYS" Complain about... and they don't even know, they do so because they have been groomed under Confederacy Ideology.

Before its was Dixiecrats who promoted Confederacy Ideology, THEN, they moved in and took over the Republican Party.. and now the Republican Party is Promoting Confederacy Ideology.

This mess with the advent of Trump... they lusted after him, because the Confederacy thought they finally had a Mad Man Belligerent Enough to Push Confederacy Take Over of the United States Government from within the White House with Senate Republican Blessings. They did not care how much vile he promoted or created, all they cared about was a "Confederacy Take Over of America's United States Governance... So, Trump had no issue or concern with shitting on the U.S. Constitution and Degrading The U.S. Congress.... Trump is the Jefferson Davis, Remake These Confederates have been looking for over the past 156+ yrs...

Republican knew Trump cheated by any and every means he could and used the minions to engage in foreign help which is why there were so many in his campaign who had interlinks and interactions with Russian Actors... They don't care how they win... they will do anything to win, and we see that with Trump still to this very day, he is no different than Confederate General Robert E. Lee.... who rode off, but never truly surrender in heart and mind or agenda. Trump is trying the same thing, by planning to do his attacks...

Trump and Republicans attempted Coup... used every vile means to try and do so, voter repression, voter suppression, soliciting foreign interference, postal system manipulations, to trying to discredit and discount American Voters.

American Democracy Loving People who Respect the United State Constitution, need to know what we are dealing with.

If things don't make you think..... that's on you...

I'm not gullible to post a like to things I have not researched far beyond what that article is discussion. I knew exactly what that article was talking about, and I've written about it long before I encountered that article. Besides, I watched Live the Watergate Investigation, and I watched Live the Iran/Contra and I read, so I know what they were covering up, and I saw and million more saw the influx of drugs saturate America... through out the 1980's... and it did not happen by accident.
You can and deny anything that appeases you.

One thing is certain in America... Black people have a long history of not sitting around taking "the wealthy white mans words as some gospel".. That's something for segments of white people who have been long groomed to take such words as gospel and they shape their entire lives behind it. "then keep crying and whining "we've been left behind", because they believed anything they were told".

I would not even expect you or many of the like minded types as yourself to grasp anything I write, or to have enough concern to reteach for yourself, beyond the right wing spin cycle.
Right now... Right Wing white people are doing exactly what LBJ told them they would do.
" President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
They don't even know where that money goes... but Trump has set up a PAC... with very few limitation on what he can do with that money, but they hoodwinked the people to think it was to pay for "election re-counts".... Now, we know your are highly unlikely to read any of the links...
so... you can continue on with your urgency to promote your denials.

Your long winded fantasy isn't any more effective that one sentence fantasy.

And then we have the likes of you constantly spewing the "what triggers me today" liberal talking points.
Not much triggers or surprises me anymore when it comes to Republicans. I love it when they refuse to see what the Republican Party has turned into while they are at rallies with Nazi and confederate flags and people with 6mwne t-shirts on... They just can't seem to put 2+2 together.. lol...

They're blind as hell as to what's happening, or maybe they like fooling themselves... It's like people who constantly say they aren't a Republican or a Trump fan, but constantly defend and support both... Happens HERE on this site almost daily.. doesn't it?

I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about, but my post was addressing your bogus op... You know, post #1? I never disputed anything concerning Roger Ailes or Justice Scalia... How could I when you never mentioned either one of them in your op to begin with?

Your op basically boils down to this one quote from it:

Not only is that statement a lie of gargantuan proportions, but as I already said, it "is one of the most ridiculous and patently absurd statements I've seen on this forum during my 11 years as a member."

Are you familiar with the Young Turks? That was rhetorical, of course you are... Well this little clip is from a conversation this week between Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur, the king and queen of progressive propaganda, that relates precisely to your ridiculous premise:

Even Ana Kasparian has limits to how much BS she can go along with, and obviously portraying the mainstream news media as being "right wing" was so out there, she had to call out her boss for trying to push that nonsense.

Thanks for the laughs but as Dick Cheney might say, "That dog don't hunt".

Do you understand what Center Right Means? Evidentially you have not researched it.

American may have a higher number of people who support Liberal Ideals... but within that Liberal Ideology, its is more Moderate than it is Far Left Liberal.
Liberal principle is about "Liberal Processes of Equality For All"... Conservatives were taught over 156+ yrs to make that a "boogie man" concept.

for that matter.. even Far Left Liberals... are more moderate Left than they actually are interpreted as being. They understand what the Constitution said, when it said 'Promote The General Welfare"... which is does not mean ... give everything free".. it means... utilizing the Tax Dollars for the General Welfare of Society.

Point: (example)... recreate the exact same higher educational system that existed Pre-Civil Rights Act back to what it was before Right Wing Ronald Reagan damaged it, to prevent minorities and women from having the same "accessibility and non burdening cost" that existed during segregation, when minorities could not get in, and women were discouraged from going, because they were promoted as focusing on being housewives..
They know if our tax money can fund mega oil companies, and the wasteful military industrial complex, then it can cut back on that and fund community and state universities as if once did.

Conservatives don't want to understand this, because "promote the general welfare" is not... in the Confederacy Constitution, of which they were groomed to idolize, even when they did not know why they were being groomed to idolize it. People believed what "TV showed them and Politicians mimicked in their promotions. that a woman's place is in the home and minorities were not regarded as equals... Women from well to do families were sent to college, but mainly because that's where the well to do and wealthy men were. When they graduated they were expected to get married and produce Heir's for the man.

Conservatives have been trained "not" to try and understand what makes up the Far Left. It was not called "Socialism' when it was set up to benefit white men... but suddenly Conservatives were taught to call it socialism, when it is being said, that it should be structured to "benefit all Americans".

I don't mean this as an insult.. but as a fact.. "These type of things was never something "white people" were groomed to think through. They were basically groomed to stand against anything that afforded all of society, the same benefits society afford to white men. That is what the system of "white nationalism was designed to promote" All through public schools.. white people were taught in every history and limited civics class, and sociology call, that "white men were the hero"... white women were relegated to a subservient role as supporter of such.

Today, conservative white men, have challenges with "independent women"... they seek the women who were groomed based on the pre-1960's ideals; which relied on the white man for 'everything" except household chores and raising kids and providing monetary resources to do so. Even in the training programs, Jackie Gleason's wife did not work, and the average daily indoctrinating "soap opera" the women did not work. that's how propaganda indoctrinations functions.

Conservative have no idea how to deal with Left Liberals, who are demanding "equality in how tax dollars support ALL of society, in the ways it has a history of supporting white men. "its' in the big picture" as simple as that.

Last edited:
Not much triggers or surprises me anymore when it comes to Republicans. I love it when they refuse to see what the Republican Party has turned into while they are at rallies with Nazi and confederate flags and people with 6mwne t-shirts on... They just can't seem to put 2+2 together.. lol...

They're blind as hell as to what's happening, or maybe they like fooling themselves... It's like people who constantly say they aren't a Republican or a Trump fan, but constantly defend and support both... Happens HERE on this site almost daily.. doesn't it?
You use the world Liberal as you do, because you don't even know why you were taught to do so... other than groomed in promotions of prejudices, yes, that includes gender bias.

Main stream media is right wing. Always has been.

I'll repeat what I've said: the claim the media is "liberal" and "biased" for liberals might be the single most effective propaganda lie of the last century.

Reminds me of the old Apple commercial poking fun at IBM.. It showed a bunch of robotic type people walking like they were in a trance, mindless and oblivious to what's really going on around them.. That perfectly describes the current Republican party base..

Appropriately, turns out it was rather propagandistic itself, leading people to be like that about Apple products, apparently the biggest consumer tech company in the world now. A smaller tech company should remake the commercial targeting Apple as 'big brother'.

Opinion is not news and has no place on a news channel.

That's unrealistic. For a start, just as a business issue, viewers won't watch a channel like that; but also, presenting news that makes sense to people pretty much needs 'opinion' as part of it. Even choosing 'what is news' is 'opinion'. I just posted about rich people trying to buy the vaccine for themselves. Is that news? Some outlets say yes, some say no. What's the 'non-opinion' answer? If there's no opinion it's wrong, why is it news?

Now, you're not entirely wrong.

Overly opinionated news should not be 'news', someone like Bill O'Reilly ranting about "Democrats suck' isn't 'news'.

But Rachel Maddow last night saying she was getting emotional about the harm done to people as the news came out that the federal government was bungling the vaccine distribution cutting the vaccine by a third across the country, that's not wrong.

This 'no opinion in news' is a childish oversimplification of the topic IMO showing not understanding the issue.

hourly ... minutely ...

I'll repeat what I've said: the claim the media is "liberal" and "biased" for liberals might be the single most effective propaganda lie of the last century.

Cons complain about negative coverage, but the media has largely tried to normalize Trump. They’ve been his biggest weapon.

That's unrealistic. For a start, just as a business issue, viewers won't watch a channel like that; but also, presenting news that makes sense to people pretty much needs 'opinion' as part of it. Even choosing 'what is news' is 'opinion'. I just posted about rich people trying to buy the vaccine for themselves. Is that news? Some outlets say yes, some say no. What's the 'non-opinion' answer? If there's no opinion it's wrong, why is it news?

Now, you're not entirely wrong.

Overly opinionated news should not be 'news', someone like Bill O'Reilly ranting about "Democrats suck' isn't 'news'.

But Rachel Maddow last night saying she was getting emotional about the harm done to people as the news came out that the federal government was bungling the vaccine distribution cutting the vaccine by a third across the country, that's not wrong.

This 'no opinion in news' is a childish oversimplification of the topic IMO showing not understanding the issue.

It's actually the law in the UK that personal opinion isn't allowed on news channels unless they also have a balance.
You couldn't have something like Fox News here with opinion hosts.

Yes, it's not jazzy and may seem dull as hell but people still watch the news that is just news.

He's retired now but Paxman was a particular news guy who tore into everyone from all parties with tough questions but I don't think he ever said how he votes and I'm unsure if anyone ever asked.

Cons complain about negative coverage, but the media has largely tried to normalize Trump. They’ve been his biggest weapon.

The right-wing media machine is a whole other bigger problem.

Media-Bias-Chart-6.0_Low_Res_Licensed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom