• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Police Violence Thread

In other words, you hate blacks.

I don't hate blacks at all. I hate criminals and I really don't care if the police shoot criminals or not. In fact, that is a better option than the left letting the criminals right back out to commit yet more crimes.

The crime ravaged communities conservatives like holding up as examples of deflection are actually illustrative of why we need real reform: cops choose which neighborhoods are worth saving and which ones aren’t. Black people are not protected and served in their own communities because white people decided that crime = Black, and there is no reason to offer them the same protection that white people have.

And let me make something clear to you, and anyone reading this: YOU can feel free to call these communities, these people, anything your heart desires. Really. Use whatever words are in your heart of hearts and makes it clear to everyone *exactly* how you feel. ;)

It is lefty states and lefty cities who are responsible for their own law enforcement. The fact that this is all happening in Democrat cities is proof that liberal policies make things worse, not better.

The crime ravaged communities conservatives like holding up as examples of deflection are actually illustrative of why we need real reform: cops choose which neighborhoods are worth saving and which ones aren’t. Black people are not protected and served in their own communities because white people decided that crime = Black, and there is no reason to offer them the same protection that white people have.

And let me make something clear to you, and anyone reading this: YOU can feel free to call these communities, these people, anything your heart desires. Really. Use whatever words are in your heart of hearts and makes it clear to everyone *exactly* how you feel. ;)

Question: in these "crime ravaged communities ", who is doing the majority of the crimes?

If it is non whites who are doing the "crimes" and law enforcement begins to clean up the streets to "protect" the residence will you consider it a racist action?

And that is what they are doing 99% of the time - good incidents.

So you claim. The fact is that if it's your word against the cops, no one is going to believe you. So, every time the cops AREN'T caught on camera, and where there ISN'T an extremely clear cut case against the cops, they get to continue to do business as usual.

But, even if it is just 1%, don't you believe that 1% should be rooted out? That the bad cops should be fully investigated (and not the police rubber stamping the actions of the police by an investigation made up of the police)? That bad cops should feel the consequences of their actions (rather than the people, that is you and me, the tax payers, paying for their wrong-doing)? That the bad cops should have to find a different career (rather than just go to another police department and work)?

Do you believe in police accountability at all?

Well, if you are already "so whatting" me, there's no point in me wasting my time proving facts because you have already dismissed them. The MSM are being dishonest with the American people by implying that these incidents are getting worse when, in fact, they have been getting better. If these blacks hadn't been criminals in the first place or tried resisting arrest, they would not be the victims of excessive police violence. And, 97% of blacks who are murdered are murdered by other blacks. Why doesn't the MSM want to report that? Why don't black lives matter?

Well I don’t know if incidents are increasing or decreasing because you haven’t provided and evidence. And the reason I said “so what” is why does it matter if incidents were more numerous under Obama or Trump? The police are institutionally racist regardless of who the president is. These examples of police brutality might seem to occur more often now that everyone had a video camera in their pocket. Remember Rodney King was so shocking because for many of us, that was the first time we had seen such a thing. I’ve now seen that sort of thing dozens of times because of iPhones.

Question: in these "crime ravaged communities ", who is doing the majority of the crimes?

If it is non whites who are doing the "crimes" and law enforcement begins to clean up the streets to "protect" the residence will you consider it a racist action?

They don’t clean up anything usually. They treat all suspects as criminals and all citizens as suspects.

I don't hate blacks at all. I hate criminals and I really don't care if the police shoot criminals or not. In fact, that is a better option than the left letting the criminals right back out to commit yet more crimes.

Then you do hate America. America was founded on the ideal that 10 guilty people go free rather than 1 innocent person be punished. America was also founded on the ideals that everyone deserves the right to confront their accusers, have competent defense representation and have their day in court -- not Judge Dread non-sense.

Please, put down the TV remote and stop watching mindless action flicks.

I’m not trying to not assert that, those are services I believe a school should offer.

A poor child should receive a free meal in the middle of the day in the building in which we are paying for them to be educated.

A cop who is not trained to deal with a mentally ill person should not be given MORE guns and armored vehicles to fix that problem.

If a "mentally ill" person is posing a danger to themselves or, especially, others then that becomes a police matter.

The problem is that there is no such thing as a "free" meal - those meals are paid for with funds that could otherwise be used to improve the quality of teachers or other educational infrastructure.

The communists don't want to reform law enforcement. They want to abolish law enforcement and replace it with their own militant wing of the Democrat party. Then, they'll use their new version of law enforcement to strong arm the citizenry. It's happened everytime a communist government has take power.

Yes, and while the majority of protesters are "peaceful" they are mirroring the demands of the rioters. And, they provide cover for the rioters to riot.

They don’t clean up anything usually. They treat all suspects as criminals and all citizens as suspects.

You mention deflection. Why didn't you answer the question. "If it is non whites who are doing the "crimes" and law enforcement begins to clean up the streets to "protect" the residence will you consider it a racist action?"

Yes or No.

The reason I ask you seem to want law enforcement to protect the communities. So I asked the question. My take for some posters it doesn't matter what law enforcement does, they will find fault.

Answer would be the same: systemic racism.

It is not systemic racism of law enforcement. The so called systemic racism is from society. And, since the societies of where these things are happening are in the large Democratic controlled cities, the systemic racism is from liberal policies keeping blacks in a cycle of poverty generation after generation so they have to resort to a life of crime. Why blame that on the police?

Last edited:
But you said “ The solution is for blacks not to be criminals and to not resist arrest.” Presumably this applies to all incidents when cops encounter black people. But the man in that incident wasn’t a criminal so why should he have submitted to police trying to violently arrest him for no reason? Your solution is too simplistic to be applied to every situation.

Like I said, I'm speaking in general terms. Almost all the time these are black criminals giving the police **** and resisting arrest. When this is the case 99.9% of the time I'm not going to talk about ONE incident that doesn't fit that generality.

If a "mentally ill" person is posing a danger to themselves or, especially, others then that becomes a police matter.

The problem is that there is no such thing as a "free" meal - those meals are paid for with funds that could otherwise be used to improve the quality of teachers or other educational infrastructure.

A mentally ill person being a danger to themselves and others is the first sign that guns, handcuffs and tazers are the wrong way to go. We’ll just agree to disagree on this one because I don’t have even message board patience for folks that don’t understand mental illness.

Free to the child. Reasonable adults should understand that food insecurity is as disadvantages to those trying to learn with it as lack of text books.

The government needs to provide services where social gaps exist, especially in this context. Services don’t need to be “paid for”, they need to be provided. We are the wealthiest country in the history of the world. If cops can afford special armored unfiforms that make crushing peaceful protests easier, then wwe can afford a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for those in need.

But I actually prefer all kids have access to school lunches to help with any stigmatism.

So you claim. The fact is that if it's your word against the cops, no one is going to believe you. So, every time the cops AREN'T caught on camera, and where there ISN'T an extremely clear cut case against the cops, they get to continue to do business as usual.

But, even if it is just 1%, don't you believe that 1% should be rooted out? That the bad cops should be fully investigated (and not the police rubber stamping the actions of the police by an investigation made up of the police)? That bad cops should feel the consequences of their actions (rather than the people, that is you and me, the tax payers, paying for their wrong-doing)? That the bad cops should have to find a different career (rather than just go to another police department and work)?

Do you believe in police accountability at all?

It's not what I claim. It is the truth. The media blow up the other 1% of incidents and try to convince us that there is systemic racism when there is not, while totally ignoring the 99% of law enforcement incidents which don't go down bad.

It's not what I claim. It is the truth. The media blow up the other 1% of incidents and try to convince us that there is systemic racism when there is not, while totally ignoring the 99% of law enforcement incidents which don't go down bad.

/shrug...prove it.
I'm confident to say that there's no way that you can. Much of what the cops do isn't reported. Or they falsify reporting. Or they investigate themselves and find themselves without fault.

Well I don’t know if incidents are increasing or decreasing because you haven’t provided and evidence. And the reason I said “so what” is why does it matter if incidents were more numerous under Obama or Trump? The police are institutionally racist regardless of who the president is. These examples of police brutality might seem to occur more often now that everyone had a video camera in their pocket. Remember Rodney King was so shocking because for many of us, that was the first time we had seen such a thing. I’ve now seen that sort of thing dozens of times because of iPhones.

The reason it matters is because the problem has been getting better, not worse and yet the media would have you believe that there is systemic racism getting worse, encouraging protests, rioting, death and violence, the murder of innocent cops, vandalism and looting, and the burning down of cities. Why won't the media report the truth? Why won't the media report that things have actually been getting better and that 97% of blacks being murdered are being murdered by blacks? That stuff doesn't make the news and yet they hype up the George Floyd stuff in order to have 100+ days of rioting. The media have far more blood on their hands than any blacks wrongly getting killed by police.

What about the incident in post #8? Why should that citizen have submitted to the police?

because a LEO commanded him too

obey the officer on the scene

then, once that is over, take it up with his commanding officer, or the courts....when you have a much better chance of not only winning, but walking away unharmed

if his rights were infringed, as per the suggestion, there is "recourse"

Ummmmmmmmmm, they go after criminals who commit crimes. Almost every time they are responding to acts of crime and calls coming in reporting crime. They pull over the people who are suspects. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. They are pulling people over for a reason, usually because they match the description of the criminals they are trying to catch.

Then you do hate America. America was founded on the ideal that 10 guilty people go free rather than 1 innocent person be punished. America was also founded on the ideals that everyone deserves the right to confront their accusers, have competent defense representation and have their day in court -- not Judge Dread non-sense.

Please, put down the TV remote and stop watching mindless action flicks.

The police make very few mistakes, overall, generally speaking. But, that's not even what we are talking about. Pretty much almost every one of these blacks that we are discussing actually were criminals. The left don't even deny that. And, pretty much every single one of them fought with the police or tried resisting arrest. The left don't even deny that either. These are not cases where we don't even know if they were guilty or not. We know they are guilty. And, even if you are innocent, it is a crime to resist arrest.

Back
Top Bottom