• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The phony "Proof That The TEA Party IS NOT Racist!" video

Do cell phones record audio? Wait, what? That's a serious question?

:lamo I can't believe you are actually making this argument, I don't care if they all had cell phones and ready to go. The chances of getting decipherable audio are nil, plus even if they had a video, the chances of knowing about a reward complicate the issue. Do cell phones record audio?

A tree doesn't make a noise when it falls, unless someone is there recording it.

Are you for real? I told you there was all kinds of video, yes audio too. No proof of anything racial or any spitting. They said the N word was said at least 15 times. Still no proof and no one willing to come forward to say they heard it or saw it. $100,000 reward still up and the congressman won't even come forward to say it happened. Though (we were told) he was the one who made the accusation.
MSNBC still brings it up, and they say Fox lies?

Are you for real? I told you there was all kinds of video, yes audio too. No proof of anything racial or any spitting. They said the N word was said at least 15 times. Still no proof and no one willing to come forward to say they heard it or saw it. $100,000 reward still up and the congressman won't even come forward to say it happened. Though (we were told) he was the one who made the accusation.
MSNBC still brings it up, and they say Fox lies?
So, according to you, if it wasn't caught on video, it didn't happen? Do you think the congressman wants Breitbart's or whoever stinking $100K? I think he is more intelligent than that. What a media circus that would be. :roll:

So, according to you, if it wasn't caught on video, it didn't happen? Do you think the congressman wants Breitbart's or whoever stinking $100K? I think he is more intelligent than that. What a media circus that would be. :roll:
Yea, MSNBC is constantly saying things about people that are total lies and they can't back up with proof. Nothing new there.

You'd think SOMEBODY could use that money in this economy......

The video was put together by interns, interns make mistakes.

So now you admit that the Think Progress video was bull****! Great, we're making progress.

:lamo I can't believe you are actually making this argument

You mean the "even though there's not a shred of evidence that it happened, I still think it did" argument? Yea, pretty unbelievable, isn't it?

Do cell phones record audio?

Only since 2001, and there are only (literally) 2 billion of them out there.

A tree doesn't make a noise when it falls, unless someone is there recording it.

And if you claimed that trees screamed when they fell and I asked for proof, it would be pretty foolish to respond with "well even though nobody has ever videotaped it, it happens!"

I don't agree with that statement, I think an overwhelming majority of the Tea Party are good well meaning people. It's always a few people who spoil it for the rest. Let's not be bigots and impugn all of them.
I never said that the overwhelming majority of the teabaggers were bad people, I just think the vast majority of them are (intentionally or not) almost totally ignorant.

I don't have to read anything or watch anything in this thread to know that the Tea Party is racist, so I haven't!

Every reactionary, populist movement has ethnic/racial undertones to it, the Tea Party is no different.

Are you kidding me? There were tons of cell phones there ready and recording. It was a big day. The passing of the health care bill and Nancey Pelosi with a giant gavel and trailed by black congressman through a croud of HC protesters. Who wouldn't have their cell phones out and ready? There is plenty of video from that day from all different angles.No proof of anything and no congressmen wiping his face that I know of. Still MSNBC and other networks keep repeating the lie. You would think they would wait for proof before reporting racism as fact. Then to continue the lie is why everyone knows journalism is dead. MSNBC is just an arm of the Obama administration.

There is a video with the congressman wiping his face. It's right here. He appears to be spit on about a minute and a half into the video and then he walks up the stairs and wipes his face off. The spitter has his hands over his mouth so it's impossible to say whether or not he was actually spit on. But it sure looks like he was spit on, and it's awfully hard for me to believe that he lied when he said that it happened and we have this video. When he's wiping his face off, there's a guy about two feet away from him filming. Where is that video?

I'd say he was almost certainly spit on, but as for the N-word, it seems possible but I agree that news networks shouldn't have reported that it happened without proof.

There is a video with the congressman wiping his face. It's right here. He appears to be spit on about a minute and a half into the video and then he walks up the stairs and wipes his face off. The spitter has his hands over his mouth so it's impossible to say whether or not he was actually spit on. But it sure looks like he was spit on, and it's awfully hard for me to believe that he lied when he said that it happened and we have this video.

It's pretty obvious what happened in the video. The guy was yelling at the top of his lungs through cupped hands as the congressman walked by. Some spittle came out and got on the guy. Gross? Sure. Intentional? Of course not. If the guy had actually straight up SPIT on the congressman from 3 feet away directly in front of a cop, he'd have been arrested on the spot.

It's pretty obvious what happened in the video. The guy was yelling at the top of his lungs through cupped hands as the congressman walked by. Some spittle came out and got on the guy. Gross? Sure. Intentional? Of course not. If the guy had actually straight up SPIT on the congressman from 3 feet away directly in front of a cop, he'd have been arrested on the spot.

That's possible. But the one thing I strongly disagree with you on is your opinion that the congressman's word is meaningless. It's perfectly alright for the media to report that he claimed he was spit on, but they should explain that it's not been proven. But the media would rather tell the story in the most inflammatory fashion - not because they're partisan by nature, but because they're partisan because that's where the money is.

The same people who fund the tea party are the same people funding Glenn Beck's spit on MLK rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Nahhh, they ain't racist and pigs can fly.

That's possible. But the one thing I strongly disagree with you on is your opinion that the congressman's word is meaningless. It's perfectly alright for the media to report that he claimed he was spit on, but they should explain that it's not been proven. But the media would rather tell the story in the most inflammatory fashion - not because they're partisan by nature, but because they're partisan because that's where the money is.

I don't think we disagree at all on this.

The same people who fund the tea party are the same people funding Glenn Beck's spit on MLK rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Nahhh, they ain't racist and pigs can fly.

Thanks for that comprehensive and well-supported argument.

Really? Not that Glen Beck has planned to host a rally on the same day in the same location where MLK, Jr gave his "I Have A Dream Speech", but that he actually advertised it as a "spit on MLK rally"? (I assume by that he either means a statue or on the actually site where the speech was given.) Really? For real? :shock:

If this is true, then I win the debate I was having just this morning with the Mrs. that this rally by Glen Beck is a farce.

How about we just agree that the teabaggers in general are idiots and move on?

what liberals do to their partners is totally irrelevant and off topic. The discussion is about the Tea Party. Keep your nasty perversions to yourself.

YouTube - Jack Conway Supporter Racism and Rand Paul Smears At Fancy Farm

Is the video in question about the OBVIOUS racist imposter at a tea party rally real or a fake? Well...it MIGHT be easier to know if the left hadnt threatened as a response TO the Tea Party to infiltrate their events and pose as racists. If they hadnt done it other events (see below). If they hadnt staged questions with DNC operatives at Town Hall meetings. In short...when you are smeared from head to toe in your own **** you might want top think twice about accusing the other guy of farting.

All I can say is "WOW!" :roll:

There is a video with the congressman wiping his face. It's right here. He appears to be spit on about a minute and a half into the video and then he walks up the stairs and wipes his face off. The spitter has his hands over his mouth so it's impossible to say whether or not he was actually spit on. But it sure looks like he was spit on, and it's awfully hard for me to believe that he lied when he said that it happened and we have this video. When he's wiping his face off, there's a guy about two feet away from him filming. Where is that video?

I'd say he was almost certainly spit on, but as for the N-word, it seems possible but I agree that news networks shouldn't have reported that it happened without proof.

That guy is not spitting on anyone anymore than Barney Frank does when he gets worked up about something.
If that is spitting than many Republican law makers would have a good case against Barney.

Besides if you had someone spray you with spittle wouldn't you immediately wipe it off ? I'm not convinced he got anything on him.

What are you talking about? MLK's niece is going to be there giving tribute to her uncle. Is she racist? Is she spitting on the Memorial and MLK?

Let me guess -- you believe, without question, in this guy's authenticity.
I noticed he didn't have a preprinted sign :2razz: nor did I hear any racial slurs. I also didn't see any evidence he was part of the Conway team. He was obviously a liar about supporting Rand, so what?

I have seen that video, which was taken at a Tea Party Express event. The National Tea Party kicked the Tea Party Express out, so this is now a non-issue. The National Tea Party does not want to be associated with racists.

So the Tea Party Express was racist, but not the Tea Party? I am confused.. I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of local chapters..

So the Tea Party Express was racist, but not the Tea Party? I am confused.. I thought the Tea Party was just a bunch of local chapters..
A few people keep saying the Tea Party Express was kicked out. One of the leaders, can't think of his name ,was kicked out of the Tea Party Express. He wrote some distastful letter to the NAACP while the Shirley Sherrod thing was going on or after the NAACP called the Tea party out. Sorry, I can't remember the details.
You are correct, there are hundreds of chapters. There is not one big tea party the way some people think there is. There is even a black tea party chapter if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm... are they racist LOL.

That guy needs to seriously get himself in check.. screaming at the top of his lungs to the point he can't control spitting on a congressman.. oh boy, he was angry, but what **** did that accomplish? The guy was just going to do his job.. the way he was democratically elected to do it.

I am young, and have never seen a large group of people stand on capital hill to yell at politicians like that. It was crazy.. but I am happy people are motived and freedom of speech was respected.

You bet your ass it was staged, look at the signs and what they say? The whole thing was an act. "Soros paid - Stooge?"

I thought those signs were strange too... I mean, they walk around everywhere with those signs pointing at random people? But I liked "communist infiltrator".. like if you're not with the TP, you're a commie.

I saw things in the video that I didn't think were staged though.. That guy was trying to make points about white pride and how the country belongs to white Christians. He said things that I have heard a lot of white nationalist say and believe.. He either did is homework on WN or he was legit... or he's a lone WN. Where were his friends?

And there was a weird, seemingly unscripted moment when the racist asked.. wasn't our country founded by white men? And the guy with the camera couldn't just say, yes.. rebuttal

If the TP is going after those guys then good for them... How does the conspiracy that camera guy is racist or protects racists, whilst releasing a video of attacking racists make sense? What does he have to gain or the tp have to gain?

Back
Top Bottom