• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The phony "Proof That The TEA Party IS NOT Racist!" video

That guy needs to seriously get himself in check.. screaming at the top of his lungs to the point he can't control spitting on a congressman.. oh boy, he was angry, but what **** did that accomplish? The guy was just going to do his job.. the way he was democratically elected to do it.

I am young, and have never seen a large group of people stand on capital hill to yell at politicians like that. It was crazy.. but I am happy people are motived and freedom of speech was respected.

You should go to DC more often, as this is in no way out of the ordinary. I was there the summer before the Dem takeover in Congress and saw things like this every day (for both sides). Antiwar protesters making their way into the gallery and then being dragged out kicking and screaming, people lying down in the middle of the road and being dragged off by cops, immigration reform people making huge ruckuses in individuals Congressional offices, etc.

A small portion of the population is very passionate about political things. In that group, there are those who don't know how to conduct themselves in public. They tend to do dumb **** like this.

Look at the preprinted signs the dumb asses made and the sophmoric acting. And BTW, how does this video even if it were legit prove the Tea Party is not racist?

How does it prove you are not a racist? :roll:

As a member (but no longer active) of the Dallas Tea Party I can attest that it attracted a large share of racists and bigots. For several years these idiots were allowed to discolor the reason why I joined in the first place and are one of the two reasons why I stopped actively participating. It has only been this year that I've seen the Tea Party leadership begin to reassert the initial message of why I joined: smaller Federal government and fair representation when it comes to taxes.

While I, too, will often use the self-named phrase of Teabagger on those who have perverted the initial message of the Tea Party into one of "Anyone but Obama" and racist or bigoted rhetoric, I fully support those who favor returning the Tea Party to a grassroots movement which opposes large Federal government at the expense of the American taxpayers.

As a member (but no longer active) of the Dallas Tea Party I can attest that it attracted a large share of racists and bigots. For several years these idiots were allowed to discolor the reason why I joined in the first place and are one of the two reasons why I stopped actively participating. It has only been this year that I've seen the Tea Party leadership begin to reassert the initial message of why I joined: smaller Federal government and fair representation when it comes to taxes.

While I, too, will often use the self-named phrase of Teabagger on those who have perverted the initial message of the Tea Party into one of "Anyone but Obama" and racist or bigoted rhetoric, I fully support those who favor returning the Tea Party to a grassroots movement which opposes large Federal government at the expense of the American taxpayers.

Right. :roll:

As a member (but no longer active) of the Dallas Tea Party I can attest that it attracted a large share of racists and bigots. For several years these idiots were allowed to discolor the reason why I joined in the first place and are one of the two reasons why I stopped actively participating.

Interesting, because neither the Dallas Tea Party nor the broader tea party movement existed before last February.

I'm going to guess that you're just making this all up.

That guy needs to seriously get himself in check.. screaming at the top of his lungs to the point he can't control spitting on a congressman...I am young, and have never seen a large group of people stand on capital hill to yell at politicians like that. It was crazy.

you missed the anti-iraq war movement?

I find it interesting how no one has figured out who the guy in the OP's video is. Has no one online spilled the beans that they know the guy and he's a legitimate racist or an actor?

That guy needs to seriously get himself in check.. screaming at the top of his lungs to the point he can't control spitting on a congressman.. oh boy, he was angry, but what **** did that accomplish? The guy was just going to do his job.. the way he was democratically elected to do it.

I am young, and have never seen a large group of people stand on capital hill to yell at politicians like that. It was crazy.. but I am happy people are motived and freedom of speech was respected.

I've never seen our law makers go against the will of the people the way they did here either. They had to pull every dirty trick in the book to pass that monster of a HC bill. It was a very emotional day especially for all those who'd been fighting against it. The protest was non-violent which is a miracle in itself under the circumstances.
I remember Pelosi describing how out of control and frightening they were . "they were waving the America flag around!" Oh my God!!!
I guess her idea of a normal protest would be the burning of the flag and trash being thrown at police officers. No wonder she was so frightened. She couldn't figure out how to rile them up to the point they did get violent. Even the giant gavel and her arrogance while leading the black cacaus through the crowd didn't do it. So they made stuff up.

You should be ashamed. Stop giving Texas a bad name with your lies.

Interesting, because neither the Dallas Tea Party nor the broader tea party movement existed before last February.

Ron Paul's Tea Party goes back to at least 2007

[LMGTFY="ron paul tea party 2007"]
ron paul tea party 2007
[/LMGTFY]

I know somebody who is active in a Tea Party in the south.. He works in radio so he knowns some of the speakers and local TP politicians very well, even gets on stage with them. He did a speech on stage himself once..

He isn't racist, but he does say that racism is obvious in his chapter too.. On time an outside speaker said something very racist about Obama (I don't remember what it was), and the women running the rally was embarrassed and upset.... and the crowd went along without protest or complaint

Ron Paul's Tea Party goes back to at least 2007

[LMGTFY="ron paul tea party 2007"]
ron paul tea party 2007
[/LMGTFY]

That was a one time fundraising event for one presidential candidate that simply used the name. The actual nationwide tea party movement did not begin until early 2009. The entity called the Dallas Tea Party (which Divine Wind claimed to be a member of) did not exist in any form until February 2009.

http://dallasteaparty.org/pages/TeaPartyFAQ/

you missed the anti-iraq war movement?

Yes I did miss that.. When I said that I have never seen that before, I was honest.

I remember marches all over the world.. some really huge ones too.. but it's not same as going to capital hill and screaming at politicians before they are going to vote. I didn't see anything at like that.. marching yes. Probably some violent anti war demonstrations as well.

I am not condemning anything either, as I support freedom of speech. However, I think any capital hill gathering is waste of time and energy as far as changing the outcome..

How many politicians do you think walked into the capital going.. ohhhh, ahhh, seesshh... I really don't know how I am going to vote yet. Hmmm.. If a politician is that weak minded, they shouldn't be in government making important decisions

Last edited:
I've never seen our law makers go against the will of the people the way they did here either. They had to pull every dirty trick in the book to pass that monster of a HC bill. It was a very emotional day especially for all those who'd been fighting against it. The protest was non-violent which is a miracle in itself under the circumstances.
I remember Pelosi describing how out of control and frightening they were . "they were waving the America flag around!" Oh my God!!!
I guess her idea of a normal protest would be the burning of the flag and trash being thrown at police officers. No wonder she was so frightened. She couldn't figure out how to rile them up to the point they did get violent. Even the giant gavel and her arrogance while leading the black cacaus through the crowd didn't do it. So they made stuff up.

I hate when politicians try to invalidate people with an opposing voice by saying they are violent.. it's such bs, especially because outsiders sometimes mock and confront the protesters.. Who the **** cares if a group of people has violent outbursts? The country was founded on violence towards an oppressive opposition.

I have heard people argue that X group protesting for their civil rights, shouldn't get those rights because they are violent... What kind of argument is that?

"I've never seen our law makers go against the will of the people the way they did here either."

They were democratically elected by the people. Obama even made it clear he was going to pass some type of health care reform, and as the leader of the party, what he says goes. The majority of people voted for it.

The healthcare debate was a muck.. Palin and others decrying fake death panels.. seriously. What a pack of liars.

I know somebody who is active in a Tea Party in the south.. He works in radio so he knowns some of the speakers and local TP politicians very well, even gets on stage with them. He did a speech on stage himself once..

He isn't racist, but he does say that racism is obvious in his chapter too.. On time an outside speaker said something very racist about Obama (I don't remember what it was), and the women running the rally was embarrassed and upset.... and the crowd went along without protest or complaint

I hope this was before all the hoop-la with the NAACP and the crowds are not so tolerant now of racist comments. It also should serve as a caution when you have outside speakers.

The healthcare debate was a muck.. Palin and others decrying fake death panels.. seriously. What a pack of liars.

um. those boards are actually in the bill :) it takes a majority of congress to actively override them, and they cant' just override individual decisions on whether or not to extend life-saving or extending care in one area of healthcare or another; they have to either completely dump all of the boards' rulings or completely accept them. IE: it's designed specifically to allow those boards to operate unimpeded, with as little threat from Congress as possible, while still giving Congresscritters an out for not taking them to task.

pshaw that's nothing. i knew a guy whose cousin was friends with a girl whose brother-in-law was on the janitorial staff in the White House and he said that he heard President Obama praying five times a day, since he's a secret muslim :roll:.

It's a free country. You can guess all you want, but if you know someone in the Dallas Tea Party who was there from the beginning, they would be able to tell you it goes back further than early this year.

This is the oldest email I have after changing email addresses. Don't trust me, verify it with those you know in Dallas:
Dallas Tax Day Tea Party last minute preparations
Monday, April 13, 2009 8:33 PM
"dallasteaparty" <dallasteaparty@mojo4m.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"divine_wind

Hello Dallas patriot! Hopefully, you are excited and getting ready for the tea party this Wednesday from 5 pm to 9 pm. If you cannot get there right away...don't worry! There will be a lot going on even if you show up late. For those who plan to stay for the entire event, I recommend bringing portable lawn chairs to sit in. 4 hours is a long time to stand up. You may also want to bring water and snacks as there will be no vendors. The weather people are calling for perfect weather!

If anyone has a podium that they would lend us for the tea party, please email me at dallasteaparty@gmail.com.

Please try to bring as many friends and family as possible. Thanks to everyone for supporting this great event!

Phillip

You received this message as a member of the Dallas Tea Party Group
To edit your membership in this group, go to Dallas Tea Party and login.
If you do not wish to receive any more group related emails from this group then go to Remove Me

That was my experience too, although I don't know if it was the same event. I only attended one meeting and the initial rally before becoming disenchanted about the real agenda of the movement. Getting back to the present, it's good to see many Tea Party leaders standing up against the racist bozos and getting the Party back on track.

Sorry, I just reread my own post and you are right; I should have said "couple years" not "several". BTW, the Dallas Party was found in February of 2009, not last February.

Sorry, I just reread my own post and you are right; I should have said "couple years" not "several". BTW, the Dallas Party was found in February of 2009, not last February.
Badda bing badda boom. lol

That was my experience too, although I don't know if it was the same event. I only attended one meeting and the initial rally before becoming disenchanted about the real agenda of the movement. Getting back to the present, it's good to see many Tea Party leaders standing up against the racist bozos and getting the Party back on track.
So what is the agenda of the tea party movement? Everytime I see someone on tv speak for the tea party it's always either vague (follow the constitution) or conspiratorial (government tyranny) or so radical (destroy social security, medicare, federal reserve, etc) or violent (bullet in the head) that I think the country is losing it's grasp on reality.

Tea Party Lights Fuse for Rebellion on Right
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/us/politics/16teaparty.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

Why not just cut the chase and nominate Alex Jones for president?

Last edited:
Just because the "tea party" denounces these slimes publicly.. the idiotic idea that they will kill the 1964 civil rights act attracts scum ball racists votes. It doesn't matter if the "tea party" is racist officially or not they want to enact racist social policy. This is what they mean when they say the republican party has gone to its roots.. and it's not good. Conservatism/libertarianism feathers the nest for this kind of mentality

Perhaps you also missed this post (#62) by RightinNYC.
The entity called the Dallas Tea Party (which Divine Wind claimed to be a member of) did not exist in any form until February 2009.

The video reminds me of this:
ashley-todd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom