• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Nightmare Scenario

I do know what the answer is, which is why this is entertaining. I suppose I get a sick thrill out of playing with someone who has no idea what he's talking about, and is incapable of figuring it out on his own.

tenor.gif

YAWN. And another lie from the low IQ right winger. Nitey Nite boy.

YAWN. And another lie from the low IQ right winger. Nitey Nite boy.
Goodnight Old Trapper! If you have trouble falling asleep tonight, you could try reading.

Just a thought.

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. I long-winded fantastical set of election chaos scenarios. The media keeps trying to drum up a constitutional crisis over the presidential election where Biden ultimately wins but Trump won't concede. Huh?

Was that "HUH?" supposed to carry some weight behind it?
I ask because it reeks of lazy thinking and here's why.
You keep accusing THE MEDIA, the way good little Trumpers always do.
But a simple search reveals that in most instances, the media is merely reporting what important people have been saying, and if the media did not report on that sort of thing, they would not be doing their job, and many of the same people would be complaining that the media had been keeping them in the dark by "refusing to report on important events" and "covering up key revelations of importance to the American people."

Too often the media is simply doing its job and the responsibility for statements about Trump refusing to relinquish power in defeat should be assigned to the persons who talked about them.

And it's not just Americans making these statements, as the search also reveals.
It is also not just the American media reporting either, also as the search reveals.
Is the entire press on Planet Earth "the enemy of the people"?
Is the entire press fake news everywhere on Earth?
Is the media responsible for statements made by people?

The fact is, a lot of well respected constitutional scholars, attorneys, legislators past and present, law enforcement and military have been wondering aloud about this for as long as Trump's been making openly literal remarks about it.

Of course, faithful Trumpers wouldn't dare hold his feet to the fire for making such irresponsible statements, no...it's the media's fault that anyone hears them.

Twitter U Can Only Trust POTUS.jpg

The FBI doesn't agree with you.

"Public Service Announcement:
FOREIGN ACTORS AND CYBERCRIMINALS LIKELY TO SPREAD DISINFORMATION REGARDING 2020 ELECTION RESULTS

State and local officials typically require several days to weeks to certify elections’ final results in order to ensure every legally cast vote is accurately counted. The increased use of mail-in ballots due to COVID-19 protocols could leave officials with incomplete results on election night. Foreign actors and cybercriminals could exploit the time required to certify and announce elections’ results by disseminating disinformation that includes reports of voter suppression, cyberattacks targeting election infrastructure, voter or ballot fraud, and other problems intended to convince the public of the elections’ illegitimacy."

But don't be too embarrassed. It happens to conservatives all. the. time.

If they know all of this, then why the hell don't they do something? I know, could it be an exaggeration for the purpose of political favoritism? :cool:

Don't feel foolish. Liberals can't help themselves.

Was that "HUH?" supposed to carry some weight behind it?
I ask because it reeks of lazy thinking and here's why.
You keep accusing THE MEDIA, the way good little Trumpers always do.
But a simple search reveals that in most instances, the media is merely reporting what important people have been saying, and if the media did not report on that sort of thing, they would not be doing their job, and many of the same people would be complaining that the media had been keeping them in the dark by "refusing to report on important events" and "covering up key revelations of importance to the American people."

Too often the media is simply doing its job and the responsibility for statements about Trump refusing to relinquish power in defeat should be assigned to the persons who talked about them.

And it's not just Americans making these statements, as the search also reveals.
It is also not just the American media reporting either, also as the search reveals.
Is the entire press on Planet Earth "the enemy of the people"?
Is the entire press fake news everywhere on Earth?
Is the media responsible for statements made by people?

The fact is, a lot of well respected constitutional scholars, attorneys, legislators past and present, law enforcement and military have been wondering aloud about this for as long as Trump's been making openly literal remarks about it.

Of course, faithful Trumpers wouldn't dare hold his feet to the fire for making such irresponsible statements, no...it's the media's fault that anyone hears them.

View attachment 67296126

Me, a Trumper? That's patently absurd. I can't stand his corporate favoritism, love of defense, or piss poor cabinet picks.

I'll bet you Trump loses the election by a landslide and leaves office like a whipped lil doggy. Oh, he'll cry fraud, miscount, and whatever other bullshit he can think of but he'll concede. The wager is for the winner to write the loser's signature for a month's duration. Are you going to put up or shut up?

Anybody who lived through 2000 shouldn't see this scenario as so unlikely. Why do you?
You cannot say anybody, because I know one. I quote, "No one who actually looks at the evidence can conclude Gore won Florida. No one intelligent actually believes that [referring to the story] shit either."

Me, a Trumper? That's patently absurd. I can't stand his corporate favoritism, love of defense, or piss poor cabinet picks.

I'll bet you Trump loses the election by a landslide and leaves office like a whipped lil doggy. Oh, he'll cry fraud, miscount, and whatever other bullshit he can think of but he'll concede. The wager is for the winner to write the loser's signature for a month's duration. Are you going to put up or shut up?
Don't feel bad. The Orange Man Bad cult has a large presence in the forum. They know their own by the misinformation they use.

If they know all of this, then why the hell don't they do something? I know, could it be an exaggeration for the purpose of political favoritism? :cool:

Don't feel foolish. Liberals can't help themselves.

International Law does not allow them to do as they can.

Grow up. trump is a loser, and he is trying to drag the country down to his level.

You cannot say anybody, because I know one. I quote, "No one who actually looks at the evidence can conclude Gore won Florida. No one intelligent actually believes that [referring to the story] shit either."

You completely missed the point, which is that the Bush campaign used the courts to stop the recounts. There's every reason to suspect that the Trump campaign will do this too because...he said he would. Except that he'll use the courts to stop the counting of the votes; not just a recount.

Likely scenario, Trump leads at the end of election night in several "swing" states that have yet to count mail in ballots. How that plays out after is anyone's guess.

International Law does not allow them to do as they can.

Grow up. trump is a loser, and he is trying to drag the country down to his level.

The US Gov, pretty much, stops the counterfeiting of our paper currency, which means they could button up any serious attempts of fraudulent, paper ballot voting if they wanted too. Fake info from online sources, not so much.

Trump is a self-interested opportunist but when you go too far in your criticisms, you alienate more centrist voters.

Likely scenario, Trump leads at the end of election night in several "swing" states that have yet to count mail in ballots. How that plays out after is anyone's guess.

Well, trump is openly broadcasting numerous ways to fight an electoral outcome in which he loses.

By now it should be patently obvious that trump isn't running against Biden; he's running against democratic elections.

You completely missed the point, which is that the Bush campaign used the courts to stop the recounts. There's every reason to suspect that the Trump campaign will do this too because...he said he would. Except that he'll use the courts to stop the counting of the votes; not just a recount.

I don't see even McConnell accepting this scenario, much less Congress as a whole. It would permanently wreck all future elections, and make Trump a lawless dictator. Game over.

I don't see even McConnell accepting this scenario, much less Congress as a whole. It would permanently wreck all future elections, and make Trump a lawless dictator. Game over.

Yes, because McConnell will stop him. :rolleyes:

Also, Trump won't do the thing that he said he would do and a version of the thing that Republicans already did twenty years ago. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is nothing nonsensical about it. The Democrats have pushed mail-in ballots to maximize potential election fraud and to raise as many legal and legitimacy issues with the election result as possible. Mailing out 80 MILLION unrequested ballots - with no way to know if the voter even lives at the same address - is just the start of that plan.

Eric Holder is actively involved in using over 800 attorneys across this
Great Land to contest state elections he doesn't cotton the results of.
Plus Little Michael Bloomberg is making a huge play in Florida by
buying the votes of Felons who have a right to vote but need to pay their
fines,plus any cost for Registering.

Last edited:
Yes, because McConnell will stop him. :rolleyes:

Also, Trump won't do the thing that he said he would and that Republicans happily did twenty years ago. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is a point of diminishing returns on certain deeds. And I think even the most zealous of conservatives will protect their self-interests. It's not in McConnell's favor to allow the US to become a dictatorship. Trump would essentially control Congress and strip them of any real power. He already has been legislating thru EO's.

There is a point of diminishing returns on certain deeds. And I think even the most zealous of conservatives will protect their self-interests. It's not in McConnell's favor to allow the US to become a dictatorship. Trump would essentially control Congress and strip them of any real power. He already has been legislating thru EO's.

When the trump campaign files for its first injuction to stop ballot counting, what will you say?

Unbelievable fabrication of what actually transpired in the 2000 Florida Recount.
Gore did everything in his earthly power to stack the deck as far as cherry picking
counties that were highly Democratic.Like Broward and Dade.Same exact playbook
used in 2018 by Mayor Andrew Gillum for the Governors race.
Plus in 2000 the Florida Supreme Court was arguably The Most Radical in the
entire country.Bending over backward to appease and vote in Gore's favor almost
every time.Changing election requirement in the process.
Plus deadlines for manual counting.

Here's a compilation video of nutter liberals and progressives screaming into the camera from TDS...enjoy!

When the trump campaign files for its first injuction to stop ballot counting, what will you say?

I'll admit I was wrong if he's allowed to get away with it.

I'll admit I was wrong if he's allowed to get away with it.

What do you mean "get away with it"? Do you see the Senate restraining him if he attempts this?

What do you mean "get away with it"? Do you see the Senate restraining him if he attempts this?

I see Pelosi starting another Impeachment proceeding with probable senate support. Because this country would simply erupt if a POTUS stole an election.

You know Trump's hero, Roy Cohn, was chief counsel for McCarthy. Another wannabe dictator, so Trump might 'attempt' something outrageous. But I don't think even he's arrogant enough to risk imprisonment without massive gov or public support.

Last edited:
The US Gov, pretty much, stops the counterfeiting of our paper currency, which means they could button up any serious attempts of fraudulent, paper ballot voting if they wanted too. Fake info from online sources, not so much.

Trump is a self-interested opportunist but when you go too far in your criticisms, you alienate more centrist voters.

Haven't gone far enough in my criticism of trump. The guy is a punk, a liar, an adulterer, thief, and a coward. The "Evangelicals" that support him should be on their knees, and repenting, something trump does not believe in. And if any centrist is turned off by the truth then let them with it.

I see Pelosi starting another Impeachment proceeding with probable senate support. Because this country would simply erupt if a POTUS stole an election.

You know Trump's hero, Roy Cohn, was chief counsel for McCarthy. Another wannabe dictator, so Trump might 'attempt' something outrageous. But I don't think even he's arrogant enough to risk imprisonment without massive gov or public support.

What you're saying is so counter to reality that I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this deluded.

I called you on your hyperbole.

You are also incorrect. Gore initiated the courts--and lost.

The Supreme Court already set the standard on recounts. All votes must be recounted and the date appointed for the Electoral College vote is a hard deadline.

What you're saying is so counter to reality that I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this deluded.
That one really is out there.

Back
Top Bottom