• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Nightmare Scenario

I called you on your hyperbole.

You are also incorrect. Gore initiated the courts--and lost.

The Supreme Court already set the standard on recounts. All votes must be recounted and the date appointed for the Electoral College vote is a hard deadline.

"We're counting on the federal court system to make it so that we can actually have an evening where we know who wins, OK. Not where the votes are going to be counted a week later, two weeks later."

Doesn't exactly leave much to the imagination.

Haven't gone far enough in my criticism of trump. The guy is a punk, a liar, an adulterer, thief, and a coward. The "Evangelicals" that support him should be on their knees, and repenting, something trump does not believe in. And if any centrist is turned off by the truth then let them with it.

See, this is why I feel compelled to defend Trump, the human being, and try to give him a fair assessment. An appeal to emotions or argumentum ad passiones ("argument from passion") is a logical fallacy characterized by the manipulation of the recipient's emotions in order to win an argument, especially in the absence of factual evidence.

What you're saying is so counter to reality that I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this deluded.

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's you. I admitted Trump might pull something worse than he already has but I don't believe he'll get a senate majority support on anything that further erodes the countries stability. You'd better hope I'm right or the rioting from your scenario will make the recent BLM ones look like a picnic.

If anyone is being unrealistic, it's you. I admitted Trump might pull something worse than he already has but I don't believe he'll get a senate majority support on anything that further erodes the countries stability. You'd better hope I'm right or the rioting from your scenario will make the recent BLM ones look like a picnic.

Dude...he doesn't need a "Senate majority support" to get away with using the courts to stop the counts. He just needs the courts to sign off on it. And he's relying on his own court plants to deliver it.

The only thing you have right is the chaos that would ensue from blue states.

Dude...he doesn't need a "Senate majority support" to get away with using the courts to stop the counts. He just needs the courts to sign off on it. And he's relying on his own court plants to deliver it.

The only thing you have right is the chaos that would ensue from blue states.

If he tries to use the courts to stop the counts of a presidential election that's not close or riddled with massive fraud, then Congress can attempt, and probably successfully, to impeach him again. If it's a close election, then Trump will try and ride it out, if he has any sense left at all. I just don't believe the Senate will allow this kind of shit to happen. It would jeopardize their own positions and civil stability.

If he tries to use the courts to stop the counts of a presidential election that's not close or riddled with massive fraud, then Congress can attempt, and probably successfully, to impeach him again. If it's a close election, then Trump will try and ride it out, if he has any sense left at all. I just don't believe the Senate will allow this kind of shit to happen. It would jeopardize their own positions and civil stability.

Ugh...no they won't. It's like you haven't read a single newspaper for the last four years.

Ugh...no they won't. It's like you haven't read a single newspaper for the last four years.

It's like you've bought into, lock- stock and barrel, the whole cray-cray scenarios the media peddles for profit.

It's like you've bought into, lock- stock and barrel, the whole cray-cray scenarios the media peddles for profit.

What's obvious is that if Trump does this and gets away with it, you'll continue to make backhanded "tds" posts like the above.

@Cardinal

I said I'd admit it if I was wrong and it's looking like you may have it right. I just found this article as a lead on the Drudge Report. If he does this, it will be Apocalyptic, IMO.

"We're counting on the federal court system to make it so that we can actually have an evening where we know who wins, OK. Not where the votes are going to be counted a week later, two weeks later." Doesn't exactly leave much to the imagination.
Just a certain sort of imagination.
Tracy Lord (Katherine Hepburn), The Philadelphia Story

You are going to wake up on November 4th very confused and disappointed.
I'll be here. Will you?

Biden doesnt repel voters like Clinton did
Nor does he inspire the same confidence. Quite the opposite.

Trump also does not have the negatives he did. The haters still hate, but the worriers have been satisfied.

@Cardinal

I said I'd admit it if I was wrong and it's looking like you may have it right. I just found this article as a lead on the Drudge Report. If he does this, it will be Apocalyptic, IMO.

Thank you, but technically speaking, why does this change the calculus for you? You've adopted the position that if he uses the courts to stop the counting the Senate is likely to agree to impeach him. This additional story shouldn't have changed anything as far as you're concerned. Why does this article in particular push you toward agreeing with me?

I don't see much reason to hope that Trump or the GOP will do the right thing. They do the wrong thing at every opportunity.

Thank you, but technically speaking, why does this change the calculus for you? You've adopted the position that if he uses the courts to stop the counting the Senate is likely to agree to impeach him. This additional story shouldn't have changed anything as far as you're concerned. Why does this article in particular push you toward agreeing with me?

Well, he's trying to make it appear all legit as a reasonable response to losing. He's manipulating the system a little too much but trying to make it look above board. But I don't think it fools anyone, especially those it may ultimately affect the most, Congress. Though they should be trying to head this off with strong condemnation, or at a bare minimum, questioning the strategy, which I don't see yet.

I guess, a part of me doesn't want to believe that our representatives and elected officials have gotten this far out of balance. We'll see how delusional they've all become and whacky this election turns out. I was sure the media was mostly twisting the info but Trump's own campaign came out with this latest contingency.

See, this is why I feel compelled to defend Trump, the human being, and try to give him a fair assessment. An appeal to emotions or argumentum ad passiones ("argument from passion") is a logical fallacy characterized by the manipulation of the recipient's emotions in order to win an argument, especially in the absence of factual evidence.

No, you feel "compelled" to do so because you have no other choice. If people begin to see what kind of trash you are supporting then you will lose. An "appeal" to reality is not an argument of passions unlike the argument you use, or trump uses. The cretin is a lying, adulterous, cowardly, thief, and that is the reality of the matter, and the ones lacking in any moral basis are the ones defending him.

Me, a Trumper? That's patently absurd. I can't stand his corporate favoritism, love of defense, or piss poor cabinet picks.

I'll bet you Trump loses the election by a landslide and leaves office like a whipped lil doggy. Oh, he'll cry fraud, miscount, and whatever other bullshit he can think of but he'll concede. The wager is for the winner to write the loser's signature for a month's duration. Are you going to put up or shut up?

Are you going to respond to my point that continually blaming "the media" is lazy thinking?
By constantly blaming the media, you sound just like a Trumper.

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. I long-winded fantastical set of election chaos scenarios. The media keeps trying to drum up a constitutional crisis over the presidential election where Biden ultimately wins but Trump won't concede. Huh?

Americans will almost certainly go to bed on Nov. 3 without knowing who won the presidential election. Since millions of people will vote by mail, constraints on time and resources will slow ballot counting into potentially a weeks-long process. Voting patterns suggest it’s likely that President Donald Trump could end Election Day in the lead in certain key states, only to be overtaken by Democratic opponent Joe Biden when more votes are tallied.

This could create a nightmare scenario during the three months stretching from Election Day to the Jan. 20 inauguration: a battle on the state and congressional level over who is the legitimate winner. This could include Congress reconvening on Jan. 6, presided over by Vice President Mike Pence, with no consensus over its potential role in choosing the next president.

This is arguably the most likely of the contested-election narratives, and now the Supreme Court — which would likely have to rule on the legal arcana at issue in this epic battle — has been thrown into its own nightmare scenario with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
One part is definitely wrong. Unless he resigns, djt will still be President on 1.6.21

There is no way to know if who voted is the voter - plus they eliminate assuring secret voting. There is no way to know who filled out and signed a mail-in ballot. It's not like partisan election divisions have 100,000 handwriting experts. There is no way to know if ballots are just thrown away too - or anything that can be done about it if they are. The votes are still no counted.

Assumes facts not in evidence

This is the stupidest article I've read in a while. I long-winded fantastical set of election chaos scenarios. The media keeps trying to drum up a constitutional crisis over the presidential election where Biden ultimately wins but Trump won't concede. Huh?

Americans will almost certainly go to bed on Nov. 3 without knowing who won the presidential election. Since millions of people will vote by mail, constraints on time and resources will slow ballot counting into potentially a weeks-long process. Voting patterns suggest it’s likely that President Donald Trump could end Election Day in the lead in certain key states, only to be overtaken by Democratic opponent Joe Biden when more votes are tallied.

This could create a nightmare scenario during the three months stretching from Election Day to the Jan. 20 inauguration: a battle on the state and congressional level over who is the legitimate winner. This could include Congress reconvening on Jan. 6, presided over by Vice President Mike Pence, with no consensus over its potential role in choosing the next president.

This is arguably the most likely of the contested-election narratives, and now the Supreme Court — which would likely have to rule on the legal arcana at issue in this epic battle — has been thrown into its own nightmare scenario with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Some Democrats have already come out and told Biden to refuse to concede in the event he loses the election.

Some Democrats have already come out and told Biden to refuse to concede in the event he loses the election.
But of course. The Demcorats need to buy their army of lawyers time to get the election results changed to the result they want.

But of course. The Demcorats need to buy their army of lawyers time to get the election results changed to the result they want.
Good for them, since the trump camp already has their army of lawyers in place.

One Last thought, If Donald Trump Cheats to Win this election, it will not be the government he will have to worry about, it will be the Outrage of The American People, and it will get very ugly and bloody, count on it.

One Last thought, If Donald Trump Cheats to Win this election, it will not be the government he will have to worry about, it will be the Outrage of The American People, and it will get very ugly and bloody, count on it.

Hmm.

Trump Has Just Hired An Army Of 17 Lawyers To Hide From ...
www.esquire.com › latest-news › trump-has-just-hired-...

Oct 1, 2019 - Hoping to hide behind an army of lawyers, Trump's legal team have told special counsel Robert Mueller he will not answer any more questions.
vs.

Biden campaign readying hundreds of lawyers in expansive ...
www.cnn.com › politics › biden-voter-protection-efforts

Jul 2, 2020 - Joe Biden's campaign is assembling hundreds of lawyers nationwide to monitor potential voting issues as part of its extensive voter protection ...

Maybe not so much?

Partly true.Biden gave up being a human being a while back.
He's a shill for the democrats to take over the country.
Plus he and his Son Hunter and brother James are Multi Multi
Millionaires.How did that come about.

Eric Holder has ON RECORD at least 800 attorneys in place in the states
to challenge and contest the November 3rd results.
How does that square with Fair-minded Americans.

Eric Holder has ON RECORD at least 800 attorneys in place in the states
to challenge and contest the November 3rd results.
How does that square with Fair-minded Americans.
If they ensure the election is fair and square it will sit fine with the People, Anyone cheats should be charged and sent to a lengthy stay in a Federal Pen, ANYONE.

Back
Top Bottom