• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrorists"

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

You're either with us — or you're with the terrorists.

That's the bumper-sticker argument gun control supporters appear to be picking up and running with after the Orlando massacre — a massive rhetorical amping-up in the wake of the most deadly mass shooting in American history.

"It is now accurate to say that one party believes the Second Amendment extends to terrorists and the other party does not," said Jim Kessler, a leading gun control advocate with the centrist think tank Third Way.

And gun control supporters think they now have a major puzzle piece that could help their movement lessen the glaring intensity gap between them and the NRA. It helps that the injection of national security into the gun debate coincides with a growing, more sophisticated gun control movement — more money, more intensity — and a steady drip, drip of mass shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gun-control-backers-are-sick-of-playing-nice/

We should concentrate on why we bring up so many kids to become killers. That is the question that begs an answer. But it is more complicated and the answer might be less palatable to liberals.

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

That's the bumper-sticker argument gun control supporters appear to be picking up and running with after the Orlando massacre — a massive rhetorical amping-up in the wake of the most deadly mass shooting in American history.

"It is now accurate to say that one party believes the Second Amendment extends to terrorists and the other party does not," said Jim Kessler, a leading gun control advocate with the centrist think tank Third Way.

And gun control supporters think they now have a major puzzle piece that could help their movement lessen the glaring intensity gap between them and the NRA. It helps that the injection of national security into the gun debate coincides with a growing, more sophisticated gun control movement — more money, more intensity — and a steady drip, drip of mass shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gun-control-backers-are-sick-of-playing-nice/

I don't believe that that is so. As a matter of fact, I do not believe you think it is true. I have heard nobody say in earnest that terrorists should be allowed rights under the Second. So, why do you say something like that?

Liberals lie to pass their execrable agenda .

It's a pretty universal truism.

And they justify their lying by claiming to be be working for the greater good.
Case in point:

Ron Fournier is a liar.

On June 20, 2016, this mainstream media maven tweeted, “Guns don't kill people. The gun lobby does.”

This is a lie.

Sen. Chris Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut, is also a liar.

On June 20, 2016, after voting against Sen. John Cornyn’s bill to bar persons on terrorist watch lists from buying weapons because it contained due process protections for such people, he said, “We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.”

This is also a lie.

These men are liars. And liberals have chosen to celebrate their lies.

They Will Never Lie Away Our God-Given Rights - Kurt Schlichter

And here's the clincher...
he observations of us normals about the utter moral bankruptcy of Fournier and Murphy are irrelevant – remember, we’re beyond the pale of civilized discourse. So the only potential bulwark left against this scorched earth incivility is other liberals. But who among their peers has stood up and said, “Wait. We disagree, passionately, that Second Amendment supporters did not murder those people and our political opponents are not selling guns to ISIS. To say those things is worse than unconstructive; it is to lie, and we are better than that.”
But liberals are not better than that, because none of them have had the moral courage to say anything like that.

I don't believe that that is so. As a matter of fact, I do not believe you think it is true. I have heard nobody say in earnest that terrorists should be allowed rights under the Second. So, why do you say something like that?

Ask the liberal gun haters that are spewing this non-sense

Liberals lie to pass their execrable agenda .

It's a pretty universal truism.

And they justify their lying by claiming to be be working for the greater good.
Case in point:

Ron Fournier is a liar.

On June 20, 2016, this mainstream media maven tweeted, “Guns don't kill people. The gun lobby does.”

This is a lie.

Sen. Chris Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut, is also a liar.

On June 20, 2016, after voting against Sen. John Cornyn’s bill to bar persons on terrorist watch lists from buying weapons because it contained due process protections for such people, he said, “We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.”

This is also a lie.

These men are liars. And liberals have chosen to celebrate their lies.

They Will Never Lie Away Our God-Given Rights - Kurt Schlichter

And here's the clincher...
he observations of us normals about the utter moral bankruptcy of Fournier and Murphy are irrelevant – remember, we’re beyond the pale of civilized discourse. So the only potential bulwark left against this scorched earth incivility is other liberals. But who among their peers has stood up and said, “Wait. We disagree, passionately, that Second Amendment supporters did not murder those people and our political opponents are not selling guns to ISIS. To say those things is worse than unconstructive; it is to lie, and we are better than that.”
But liberals are not better than that, because none of them have had the moral courage to say anything like that.

This is the most nonsensical, partisan post in this thread.

I'm a liberal, and i don't lie. You don't seem to know what a "truism" is.

This is the most nonsensical, partisan post in this thread.

I'm a liberal, and i don't lie. You don't seem to know what a "truism" is.

Sure I do. A truism is the opposite of what those two liberals in the article said.

Sure I do. A truism is the opposite of what those two liberals in the article said.

Nope, it is true that those who oppose any change in gun control want to protect the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

That's what protecting the right for everyone who has not had it revoked through due process means.

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

All that is happening is a consequence of the NRA's (who control the GOP on gun issues) stubborn insistence that they can overrule the will of the American people in the name of the gun makers. It is a losing proposition and the overwhelming majority will win out eventually.

Quinnipiac University poll, conducted Dec. 16-20: "Would you support or oppose a law requiring background checks on people buying guns at gun shows or online?" Support: 89 percent. Oppose: 9 percent. Unsure/No answer: 1 percent.

CBS/New York Times poll, conducted Oct. 21-25: "Do you favor or oppose a federal law requiring background checks on all potential gun buyers?" Favor: 92 percent. Oppose: 7 percent. Unsure/No answer: 1 percent.

Gallup poll, conducted Oct. 7-11: "Would you favor or oppose a law which would require universal background checks for all gun purchases in the U.S. using a centralized database across all 50 states?" Favor: 86 percent. Oppose: 12 percent. Unsure: 2 percent.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jan/05/laura-ingraham/laura-ingraham-say-claim-90-support-gun-background/

Nope, it is true that those who oppose any change in gun control want to protect the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

That's what protecting the right for everyone who has not had it revoked through due process means.

So you want people to lose their rights without due process and those that don't support terrorism?

So you want people to lose their rights without due process and those that don't support terrorism?

No, i didn't mention what i wanted, i explained that people who are fighting any new gun control laws are also fighting to defend the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

All that is happening is a consequence of the NRA's (who control the GOP on gun issues) stubborn insistence that they can overrule the will of the American people in the name of the gun makers. It is a losing proposition and the overwhelming majority will win out eventually.

If the will of the American people is to change the second Amendment can be done through the amendment process, if that is truly their will it should be no problem.

So why aren't you liberals trying to Amend the constitution instead of trying to circumvent the rights provided by the constitution?

No, i didn't mention what i wanted, i explained that people who are fighting any new gun control laws are also fighting to defend the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

Well that's what the new gun laws do they violate the peoples constitutional rights and will have no effect on ISIS ability to buy guns.

If liberals want Americans unarmed against terrorists I submit the liberals are the ones defending ISIS.

If the will of the American people is to change the second Amendment can be done through the amendment process, if that is truly their will it should be no problem.

So why aren't you liberals trying to Amend the constitution instead of trying to circumvent the rights provided by the constitution?

The Constitution says that private sellers at gun shows don't need to make background checks? That is a riot...

The Constitution says that private sellers at gun shows don't need to make background checks? That is a riot...

A background check is an infringement. Go read the 2nd and see if it says anything about infringement.

A background check is an infringement. Go read the 2nd and see if it says anything about infringement.

The Supreme Court has upheld background checks as Constitutional silly. No amendments needed

Well that's whole different kettle of fish from " We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.”

But hey you're a liberal. Truth isn't important. Ends justify means. Vomit.

Well that's whole different kettle of fish from " We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.”

But hey you're a liberal. Truth isn't important. Ends justify means. Vomit.

No it isn't.

Blocking a gun control law that would ban ISIS members from buying tuns is deciding that we should allow the sale of weapons to ISIS members.

You seem to have trouble understanding what it means to defend the rights of people that you might not agree with.

No it isn't.

Blocking a gun control law that would ban ISIS members from buying tuns is deciding that we should allow the sale of weapons to ISIS members.

You seem to have trouble understanding what it means to defend the rights of people that you might not agree with.

What a load of crap, ISIS isn't even mentioned in the proposed bill.

In fact it is already treason to sell guns to ISIS.

Last edited:

What a load of crap, ISIS isn't even mentioned in the proposed bill.

In fact it is already treason to sell guns to ISIS.

Does that matter ??

The pro gun side has a very clear, simple message, so mindless an infant can understand it- whenever anything about guns is proposed, the answer is always "No."

If someone proposed a bill where people who are associated with ISIS would be legally prohibited from buying a firearm, it is obvious how it would go. After all, the no-fly-list disqualifier bears a striking resemblance.

Does that matter ??

The pro gun side has a very clear, simple message, so mindless an infant can understand it- whenever anything about guns is proposed, the answer is always "No."

If someone proposed a bill where people who are associated with ISIS would be legally prohibited from buying a firearm, it is obvious how it would go. After all, the no-fly-list disqualifier bears a striking resemblance.

Who determines who is on the no fly list and does someone accused get due process before his constitutional rights are revoked and what about the right to face his accuser? How is the information gathered to place him on the no fly list? No warrant? You liberals are so quick to just give up your rights and everyone else's rights because your so afraid of something you have no control over. Its really sad.

It happened to me, accused of being in favor of providing guns to terrorists, on this very board by one of our anti-gun members, in one of the lowest moments I've ever seen anyone take here.

What these people ignore, is that they are attacking the very thing that makes the terrorists hate us - our freedom, our liberty, and our Constitution that protects them both. What they do not understand, is that by their own actions, they are doing more harm to this country as a whole than the terrorists could ever hope to do.

Well said!! This reminds me of the posts where I've read liberals claiming that when the terrorists force us to change our society, they've won. When we take steps to respond to them then the terrorists have won a victory. I'm going to see if I can find a couple of those posts and point out the hypocrisy.

I agree, especially since there is ample proof that anyone can be added to the list for no reason other than someone's whim and there is no method to get yourself removed from the list. Pure Feel Good BS and a threat to all Citizens.

So the problem is with the list itself then. What would you do to fix it or should we just abandon it entirely?

Well said!! This reminds me of the posts where I've read liberals claiming that when the terrorists force us to change our society, they've won. When we take steps to respond to them then the terrorists have won a victory. I'm going to see if I can find a couple of those posts and point out the hypocrisy.

The terrorists have already won.

We have the Patriot Act,

2 hour lines to board a plane due to the incompetence of the TSA.

Truckers need TWIC cards.

We need a passport to travel into Canada.

Cannot withdraw more than 10 thousand dollars at a time from the bank without special forms.

We have president who refuses to acknowledge what radical Islam is.

We are changed forever...regardless what people say.

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

Republicans in Congress have left themselves open to that kind of rhetoric because they refuse to stand up the the threats from the NRA and follow the wishes of there constituents. The vast majority of us cannot understand why a possible inconvenience to a few is an excuse to allow possible mass murderers free access to automatic weapons. The no fly list has caused inconveniences that are far more severe than being turned down for a gun yet it appears to be worth it anyway.

Last edited:

So the problem is with the list itself then. What would you do to fix it or should we just abandon it entirely?

The problem is you don't have a right to fly, its a privilege, gun ownership and the ability to carry that gun on your person is a right.

Back
Top Bottom