• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrorists"

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

Republicans in Congress have left themselves open to that kind of rhetoric because they refuse to stand up the the threats from the NRA and follow the wishes of there constituents. The vast majority of us cannot understand why a possible inconvenience to a few is an excuse to allow possible mass murderers free access to automatic weapons. The no fly list has caused inconveniences that are far more severe than being turned down for a gun yet it appears to be worth it anyway.

Why would the Republicans stand up to the NRA, they believe in constitutional rights. (At least 2nd Amendment rights, the 4th not so much).

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

The problem is you don't have a right to fly, its a privilege, gun ownership and the ability to carry that gun on your person is a right.

Really? So felons and the mentally ill have a right to buy a gun? I didn't know that but it would explain the extreme number of gun deaths we have in this country.

Really? So felons and the mentally ill have a right to buy a gun? I didn't know that but it would explain the extreme number of gun deaths we have in this country.

Felons don't because they have undergone due process which has revoked their right to own a gun, as for the mentally ill there is no evidence or correlation, NONE, that supports the claim that any diagnosis of mental illness is predictive of gun violence.

Who determines who is on the no fly list and does someone accused get due process before his constitutional rights are revoked and what about the right to face his accuser? How is the information gathered to place him on the no fly list? No warrant? You liberals are so quick to just give up your rights and everyone else's rights because your so afraid of something you have no control over. Its really sad.

Even if it was demonstrated that someone was a member of ISIS through due process, they would not necessarily lose the legal privilege to buy a gun.

I said the no-fly list bears a resemblance, not that they are equivalent.

Nope, it is true that those who oppose any change in gun control want to protect the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

That's what protecting the right for everyone who has not had it revoked through due process means.

No. That is a lie. It's not even close to true.

The FBI already shares their information from their Known and Suspected Terrorist list with the NICS.

If the FBI knows they are ISIS, and have not reported it to the NICS, that is not my damn ****ing fault. That is not me protecting the right of ISIS to buy guns. That if the ****ing FBI failing to do their job. And it's flat out disgusting that you would try and insinuate such a thing.

It's actually more of a damn shame that you and others here are allowed to spew such obviously dishonest horse ****. Flat out lies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, i didn't mention what i wanted, i explained that people who are fighting any new gun control laws are also fighting to defend the rights of ISIS members to buy guns.

And it's a disgusting lie.

No. That is a lie. It's not even close to true.

The FBI already shares their information from their Known and Suspected Terrorist list with the NICS.

If the FBI knows they are ISIS, and have not reported it to the NICS, that is not my damn ****ing fault. That is not me protecting the right of ISIS to buy guns. That if the ****ing FBI failing to do their job. And it's flat out disgusting that you would try and insinuate such a thing.

It's actually more of a damn shame that you and others here are allowed to spew such obviously dishonest horse ****. Flat out lies.

And it's a disgusting lie.

I don't know if you understand what a lie is. Let me assure you that i genuinely believe what i'm saying so that it cannot possibly qualify as a lie.

There are members of ISIS who are able to legally buy a gun in this country.

Further, the NRA has been very successful at preventing electronic references to gun owners, impeding their ability to do the job that you complain about above.

I don't know if you understand what a lie is. Let me assure you that i genuinely believe what i'm saying so that it cannot possibly qualify as a lie.

There are members of ISIS who are able to legally buy a gun in this country.

Further, the NRA has been very successful at preventing electronic references to gun owners, impeding their ability to do the job that you complain about above.

Then you believe in lies.

Prove there are known members of ISIS able to legally buy a firearm.

The NRA has done nothing to prevent the FBI from sharing their KST list with the NICS as is required by law.

More lies you believe in. And there is no point in having a conversation with someone who believes a lie despite the facts.

So the problem is with the list itself then. What would you do to fix it or should we just abandon it entirely?
Either works, but if there is a need then Fix it.

Banning the AR-15, if it even passes, does FAR less "damage"(?) to this country than the deaths of almost 3,000 Americans on 9/11 did. It is absolutely distasteful for one to act like a spoiled brat when a toy is threatened to be taken away by equivocating the threat of losing said toy with actual loss of life.

how can you ever be taken seriously on gun issues with that idiotic "toy" comment. you just don't get freedom do you and you cavalierly want to throw away others rights so you can pretend you are doing something useful.

The burden is on people like you to produce clear and convincing PROOF that any of your anti gun schemes are both narrowly tailored to actually make society safer and do not impose an undue burden on honest citizens. NONE of the crap the Bannerrhoid politicians spew can meet this test

So the problem is with the list itself then. What would you do to fix it or should we just abandon it entirely?

The Known and Suspected Terrorist list already exists and accomplishes what the Democrats claim to want.

Then you believe in lies.

Prove there are known members of ISIS able to legally buy a firearm.

The NRA has done nothing to prevent the FBI from sharing their KST list with the NICS as is required by law.

More lies you believe in. And there is no point in having a conversation with someone who believes a lie despite the facts.

Feel free to cite some actual facts instead of demanding that other people take you at your word.

Prove there are known members of ISIS able to legally buy a firearm ? It's hard to take you seriously, but okay.

""Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded. There are about 700,000 people on the watch-list — a point that civil libertarians have made to underscore that many on the list may be family members or acquaintances of people with potential terrorist connections."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...revent-suspected-terrorists-from-buying-guns/

"What I have said is precisely what you suggested, which is, why don’t we treat this like every other thing that we use? I just came from a meeting today in the Situation Room in which I got people who we know have been on ISIL Web sites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens, and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.

This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer. And if he wants to walk into a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as much — as many weapons and ammo as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that, even though the FBI knows who that person is."

Obama warned 2 weeks ago that lax US gun laws could cause something like the Orlando shooting - Vox

No, the Republicans believe the 2nd Amendment extends to suspected terrorists. Still sounds bad to most people but at least it is accurate.

Wrong. The republicans believe in the constitution and the rights of citizens. The Second Amendment does not guarantee the right to bear arms to terrorist. If and when a person is found guilty of terrorism their right to bear arms is restricted. Nothing but outright lies just like Hillary.

how can you ever be taken seriously on gun issues with that idiotic "toy" comment. you just don't get freedom do you and you cavalierly want to throw away others rights so you can pretend you are doing something useful.

The burden is on people like you to produce clear and convincing PROOF that any of your anti gun schemes are both narrowly tailored to actually make society safer and do not impose an undue burden on honest citizens. NONE of the crap the Bannerrhoid politicians spew can meet this test

It's not my fault that many pro-gun activists act like spoiled brats under threat of losing their toys.

I understand freedom. Do you understand that death stymies freedom ?

That darn presumption of innocence until proven guilty, oh that and due process, always a thorn in the side of statists.

The only way to stop witch hunts is tie the witch hunters to a stake and burn them to death. Then they would understand how wrong it is to not have a trial and due process.

It's not my fault that many pro-gun activists act like spoiled brats under threat of losing their toys.

I understand freedom. Do you understand that death stymies freedom ?

geez that is stupid. You try so hard to not be lumped with the really silly bannerrhoids and you come up with this crap. Of course people are upset that they are having their RIGHTS infringed upon when they have done NOTHING WRONG. and yet you seem to think that is acceptable

The real spoiled brats are the assholes who want others to sacrifice so those assholes can pretend they have done something to stop "terror" and thus get the votes of the low wattage sheeple who buy the swill they spew

The only way to stop witch hunts is tie the witch hunters to a stake and burn them to death. Then they would understand how wrong it is to not have a trial and due process.

Hmm an interesting barbecue but in more civilized terms-those who want gun owners to give up our rights so the gun haters can pretend they have done something useful should be stripped of their rights and lest see how they feel?

geez that is stupid. You try so hard to not be lumped with the really silly bannerrhoids and you come up with this crap. Of course people are upset that they are having their RIGHTS infringed upon when they have done NOTHING WRONG. and yet you seem to think that is acceptable

The real spoiled brats are the assholes who want others to sacrifice so those assholes can pretend they have done something to stop "terror" and thus get the votes of the low wattage sheeple who buy the swill they spew

We sacrifice rights all the time with roads, taxes, building codes, etc.

There is no justification for a stubborn refusal to so much as engage in a genuine discussion on gun laws.

There is no justification for a stubborn refusal to so much as engage in a genuine discussion on gun laws.

there can be no genuine discussion when the bannerrhoids only pretend that crime control is their goal when in reality their real designs are harassing lawful gun owners. and that is well proven

BTW what are you anti gunners willing to give up in return for gun owners giving up rights that are constitutionally guaranteed?

Feel free to cite some actual facts instead of demanding that other people take you at your word.

Prove there are known members of ISIS able to legally buy a firearm ? It's hard to take you seriously, but okay.

""Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law," the Government Accountability Office concluded in 2010. The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. But people on the FBI's consolidated terrorist watchlist — typically placed there when there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are a known or suspected terrorist — can freely purchase handguns or assault-style rifles.

And, as the GAO found, a number of them do: Between 2004 and 2014, suspected terrorists attempted to purchase guns from American dealers at least 2,233 times. And in 2,043 of those cases — 91 percent of the time — they succeeded. There are about 700,000 people on the watch-list — a point that civil libertarians have made to underscore that many on the list may be family members or acquaintances of people with potential terrorist connections."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...revent-suspected-terrorists-from-buying-guns/

"What I have said is precisely what you suggested, which is, why don’t we treat this like every other thing that we use? I just came from a meeting today in the Situation Room in which I got people who we know have been on ISIL Web sites, living here in the United States, U.S. citizens, and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun.

This is somebody who is a known ISIL sympathizer. And if he wants to walk into a gun store or a gun show right now and buy as much — as many weapons and ammo as he can, nothing’s prohibiting him from doing that, even though the FBI knows who that person is."

Obama warned 2 weeks ago that lax US gun laws could cause something like the Orlando shooting - Vox

The Known and Suspected Terrorist list is not the same as an ambiguous "consolidated terrorist list".

Sympathizing with ISIL is not a crime. Neither is sympathizing with the KKK. That's called freedom of speech. Someone actually has to be suspected of committing a crime. You know, due process.

The Known and Suspected Terrorist list is not the same as an ambiguous "consolidated terrorist list".

Sympathizing with ISIL is not a crime. Neither is sympathizing with the KKK. That's called freedom of speech. Someone actually has to be suspected of committing a crime. You know, due process.

you wonder how many of the bannerrhoid democrats would have supported say the McCarthy list of "communists" being blacklisted ?

Yup, I'm dealing those retarded shock protected outlets all the time. Whoever invented them should be shot and whoever put them into law should be dropped into a tank of sharks with laser beams on their heads.

That is why I said "suspected" in my first post.

Sorry but there is a big difference between suspected terrorist and a terrorist. I was pulled over when I was 19 for armed robbery at 3:00am in Arizona. I was driving a yellow charger and the armed robber was driving a yellow roadrunner. Luckily I was in my MP uniform and had just left post to get Jack in the Box hamburgers for some of the other MP's and myself. I was a suspected armed robber. That does not mean I committed the crime. That is the reason for due process instead of witch hunts.

there can be no genuine discussion when the bannerrhoids only pretend that crime control is their goal when in reality their real designs are harassing lawful gun owners. and that is well proven

BTW what are you anti gunners willing to give up in return for gun owners giving up rights that are constitutionally guaranteed?

What does a non-ISIS member have to lose when the legal privilege to buy guns is rescinded for ISIS members ?

Irrelevant.

I said that an ISIS member could legally buy a gun in the US. I demonstrated the truth of that statement- that statement that you branded a lie without citation.

Back
Top Bottom