• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrorists"

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

What does a non-ISIS member have to lose when the legal privilege to buy guns is rescinded for ISIS members ?

why are you pretending that the democrap schemes only apply to ISIS members?

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

Yup, I'm dealing those retarded shock protected outlets all the time. Whoever invented them should be shot and whoever put them into law should be dropped into a tank of sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Seems a bit harsh, the inventor was likely innocent.

Seems a bit harsh, the inventor was likely innocent.

He's a dick and his invention sucks.

why are you pretending that the democrap schemes only apply to ISIS members?

Do you think the US puts citizens on no-fly lists, taking away the legal privilege to fly in commercial airlines, for no reason ?

Do you think the US puts citizens on no-fly lists, taking away the legal privilege to fly in commercial airlines, for no reason ?

I think people are often put on those lists for BAD reasons or BAD INFORMATION. why was senator Kennedy on that list? its not like he could drown someone on an airplane

I think people are often put on those lists for BAD reasons or BAD INFORMATION. why was senator Kennedy on that list? its not like he could drown someone on an airplane

That's true. And sometimes we imprison people for bad reasons or bad information. Sometimes we execute people for bad reasons or bad information.

there can be no genuine discussion when the bannerrhoids only pretend that crime control is their goal when in reality their real designs are harassing lawful gun owners. and that is well proven

BTW what are you anti gunners willing to give up in return for gun owners giving up rights that are constitutionally guaranteed?

They refuse to accept the fact that people such as you and I would have stopped the Orlando killer long before he killed 49 people had they not taken away our right to bear arms with these gun free zones. I don't drink but I still go out. Why am I not allowed to carry a gun to protect myself and other law abiding citizens. Only a fool believes criminals with no respect for the law do not bring guns to gun free zones.

Hmm an interesting barbecue but in more civilized terms-those who want gun owners to give up our rights so the gun haters can pretend they have done something useful should be stripped of their rights and lest see how they feel?

I don't think we would have to barbecue too many before they got the point. We should start with their leader Hillary who supports criminal behavior anyway.

Moderator's Warning:
Time to dial down the rhetoric. Please avoid speculative discussion of the deaths of political figures.

No, the Republicans believe the 2nd Amendment extends to suspected terrorists. Still sounds bad to most people but at least it is accurate.

At least it's accurate. And a bit idiotic and hypocritical from those espousing it on the left. After years of many of the same people demanding that the Constitution should extend not just to citizens, but to non-citizens who's very presence in this county is illegal, and demanding that the 1st amendment and the 4th amendment and the 5th amendment extends to suspected terrorists....it seems odd that suddenly they're stopping and going "...except for that amendment! Oh, and also the 5th if it involves guns. THOSE don't apply...but all the others do"

At least it's accurate. And a bit idiotic and hypocritical from those espousing it on the left. After years of many of the same people demanding that the Constitution should extend not just to citizens, but to non-citizens who's very presence in this county is illegal, and demanding that the 1st amendment and the 4th amendment and the 5th amendment extends to suspected terrorists....it seems odd that suddenly they're stopping and going "...except for that amendment! Oh, and also the 5th if it involves guns. THOSE don't apply...but all the others do"

:lamo Liberals read the constitution the same way Christians read the bible

That's true. And sometimes we imprison people for bad reasons or bad information. Sometimes we execute people for bad reasons or bad information.

true, and that is after all sorts of due process safeguards. so that is a good argument not to lessen the burden of proof on the government which is what the Democrats want to do.

True the constitution clearly is protecting the rights of citizens of this country. However we should treat all people the way we would want to be treated. To me this means acknowledging their rights even though they are not citizens of this country. I believe all people have rights whether they are acknowledged and protected by government. Just because tyrannical governments do not acknowledge, or restrict, and take away peoples rights do not mean we as decent people should do the same thing.

This does not mean I support lawless citizens or aliens who circumvent our immigration policies. I do not support terrorism from citizens or people from other countries. I also do not support witch hunts which strip citizens of their rights on suspicion alone. I do not have a problem banning people from this country who are a threat to the citizens of this country. That does include suspected terrorist, flag burners, or any people from other countries out right demonstrations against this country. While citizens have a right to protest lawless aliens do not. I would never expect to go to any other country and burn their flag, disrespect their leaders, or their people. This is clearly wrong and these people at the minimum should be removed from our country. If you want these rights become a citizen. We do not want lawless criminals from other countries who hate our country and its people. Not when there are millions of law abiding people all over the world waiting for decades to immigrate legally to this country.

Legal immigrants who wish to become American citizens make this country great. Border jumping lawless invaders burning our flag disrespecting our laws, people, and leaders are a cancer destroying this country.

Last edited:

The presumption of innocence is why people who have broken no laws should have rights.

I don't know why you think people who have not been convicted of any crime should have their right to remain silent revoked.

Alright, that actually got me to chuckle out loud

The presumption of innocence is why people who have broken no laws should have rights.

I don't know why you think people who have not been convicted of any crime should have their right to remain silent revoked.

Where in my post did I indicate, in any fashion, what my view was. I was speaking simply to the disconnect I've seen in the views of some others.

You seem to be suggesting that the resumption of innocence means people who have broken no laws should have rights. Then I would take it you would be opposed to the current legislation attempting to deny people clearly constitutionally protected rights prior to being found guilty of a crime through a fair trial?

Where in my post did I indicate, in any fashion, what my view was. I was speaking simply to the disconnect I've seen in the views of some others.

You seem to be suggesting that the resumption of innocence means people who have broken no laws should have rights. Then I would take it you would be opposed to the current legislation attempting to deny people clearly constitutionally protected rights prior to being found guilty of a crime through a fair trial?

Your accusation that liberals were hypocrites showcased the flaw in your view.

People have rights. They can be taken away by due process, which is really just another way of saying a formal legal process. The no-fly list is managed in a way that is similar to acquiring a search warrant- there is a formal legal process.

In fact, the right to remain silent can never be revoked, so there is no hypocrisy. It is simply that the right to remain silent has no formal legal process to be revoked, and why would it ?

well some christians actually believe in what the bible says

Conservatives read the constitution the way Muslims read the Koran.

some conservatives do-I have no idea how Muslims read the Koran. I read the constitution as it was intended to be interpreted. Most on the left do not

some conservatives do-I have no idea how Muslims read the Koran. I read the constitution as it was intended to be interpreted. Most on the left do not

They won't admit it but I suspect most conservatives believe God whispered the constitution into Madison's ear. Any interpretation that varies from theirs is heresy and must be suppressed. All othe countries would be improved by adopting the US constitution. Any American who denies that the constitution is the perfect document to build a nation on is an apostate.

Funny how someone claiming to be a liberal has no issue making a bigoted, racist statement and still feel justified.

Back
Top Bottom