• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrorists"

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

Being put on a list is NOT due process and should NOT be a way to deprive citizens of their rights.

I agree, especially since there is ample proof that anyone can be added to the list for no reason other than someone's whim and there is no method to get yourself removed from the list. Pure Feel Good BS and a threat to all Citizens.

Re: The next Liberal Lie Pro gunners believe the "Second Amendment extends to terrori

This is disgusting hyperbole. I am confident that the families of loved ones who died in 9/11 or Orlando completely disagree with your ridiculous assessment.

9/11 had ZERO to do with guns does not belong in the discussion. Orlando was the work of a person with issues identified as far back as elementary school, why was he not being treated?

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

You're either with us — or you're with the terrorists.

That's the bumper-sticker argument gun control supporters appear to be picking up and running with after the Orlando massacre — a massive rhetorical amping-up in the wake of the most deadly mass shooting in American history.

"It is now accurate to say that one party believes the Second Amendment extends to terrorists and the other party does not," said Jim Kessler, a leading gun control advocate with the centrist think tank Third Way.

And gun control supporters think they now have a major puzzle piece that could help their movement lessen the glaring intensity gap between them and the NRA. It helps that the injection of national security into the gun debate coincides with a growing, more sophisticated gun control movement — more money, more intensity — and a steady drip, drip of mass shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gun-control-backers-are-sick-of-playing-nice/

the gun control movement is based on a foundation of lies and its members ooze mendacity. so what else is new. its like the assholes that say stuff like the fourth fifth and sixth amendments ought to be abolished for "criminals"

No, the Republicans believe the 2nd Amendment extends to suspected terrorists. Still sounds bad to most people but at least it is accurate.

and the fourth amendment, fifth amendment and sixth amendments actually do APPLY to even indicted criminal defendants.

to assholes like Cankles and Fauxachontas, I suspect all NRA members are "Suspected terrorists'

Elizabeth Warren
✔ ‎@SenWarren

.@ChrisMurphyCT said it right: The @SenateGOP have decided to sell weapons to ISIS.

You're either with us — or you're with the terrorists.

That's the bumper-sticker argument gun control supporters appear to be picking up and running with after the Orlando massacre — a massive rhetorical amping-up in the wake of the most deadly mass shooting in American history.

"It is now accurate to say that one party believes the Second Amendment extends to terrorists and the other party does not," said Jim Kessler, a leading gun control advocate with the centrist think tank Third Way.

And gun control supporters think they now have a major puzzle piece that could help their movement lessen the glaring intensity gap between them and the NRA. It helps that the injection of national security into the gun debate coincides with a growing, more sophisticated gun control movement — more money, more intensity — and a steady drip, drip of mass shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gun-control-backers-are-sick-of-playing-nice/

It s just more the usual dishonesty from the anti-2nd amendment side.
The anti-2nd amendment side is so dishonest that if it didn't piss off part of their voting base then they would tell people that owning guns makes you gay. These people make up lies about the NRA being the lobby for gun manufactures.They fraudulently imply or claim that certian civilian firearms like the AR-15 for example are weapons of war(last I checked the US military doesn't use semi-automatic rifles to regular troops). They also fraudulently claim that standard capacity magazines are high capacity magazines. While sitting there pushing for bans on certian semi-automatic firearms and praising draconian gun control laws in the UK and Australia they lie and say no one wants to take your guns away or ban the 2nd amendment. These ****s even tried claiming that magazines are disposable as a means of trying to ban them on Colorado.

No he's spot on.

Banning the AR-15, if it even passes, does FAR less "damage"(?) to this country than the deaths of almost 3,000 Americans on 9/11 did. It is absolutely distasteful for one to act like a spoiled brat when a toy is threatened to be taken away by equivocating the threat of losing said toy with actual loss of life.

9/11 had ZERO to do with guns does not belong in the discussion. Orlando was the work of a person with issues identified as far back as elementary school, why was he not being treated?

What a ridiculous shifting of goalposts.

The poster i was responding to was referring to claimed that gun control does more harm to this country than terrorists could ever hope to do.

It happened to me, accused of being in favor of providing guns to terrorists, on this very board by one of our anti-gun members, in one of the lowest moments I've ever seen anyone take here.

What these people ignore, is that they are attacking the very thing that makes the terrorists hate us - our freedom, our liberty, and our Constitution that protects them both. What they do not understand, is that by their own actions, they are doing more harm to this country as a whole than the terrorists could ever hope to do.

This is why i called it out for the disgusting hyperbole that it is.

The poster i was responding to was referring to claimed that gun control does more harm to this country than terrorists could ever hope to do.

The terrorists could never defeat us in any conventional sense. Not on any battlefield.

What they can do is scare us into giving up our liberties, that is the only way they win; And you are on their side.

The terrorists could never defeat us in any conventional sense. Not on any battlefield.

What they can do is scare us into giving up our liberties, that is the only way they win; And you are on their side.

What a ridiculous attack.

No, i am not on their side. I'm not even promoting gun control. I'm simply pointing out disgusting hyperbole.

Banning the AR-15, if it even passes, does FAR less "damage"(?) to this country than the deaths of almost 3,000 Americans on 9/11 did. It is absolutely distasteful for one to act like a spoiled brat when a toy is threatened to be taken away by equivocating the threat of losing said toy with actual loss of life.

Losing the means to protect your life can certainly result in the actual loss of that life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disgusting hyperbole.

No, i am not on their side. I'm not even promoting gun control. I'm simply pointing out disgusting hyperbole.

If it isn't "disgusting hyperbole" but instead an accurate representation and you're wrong, then you are.

Need proof? Abberation is on your side.

If it isn't "disgusting hyperbole" but instead an accurate representation and you're wrong, then you are.

Need proof? Abberation is on your side.

I am?

That darn presumption of innocence until proven guilty, oh that and due process, always a thorn in the side of statists.

I agree with this. According to you that if proof you are wrong.

What a ridiculous shifting of goalposts.

This is why i called it out for the disgusting hyperbole that it is.

Terrorists have not proven to be the threat to America that some seem to make them out to be. Yes, they have killed a few Americans here and there and 9/11 was a major win for them, but that was 15 years ago and when one considers how many Americans die from auto accidents in one year you begin to see that the terrorist threat is far more over blown than the actual threat they have posed. They win when we change our way of life and give up freedoms and rights based on their actions, don't let terrorists make you afraid of your fellow citizens otherwise, with You they have already won the fight. Giving up our rights is far more harmful than anything they have done if you do not get that then you are already a casualty of the war.

I agree with this. According to you that if proof you are wrong.

Clearly drunk

Terrorists have not proven to be the threat to America that some seem to make them out to be. Yes, they have killed a few Americans here and there and 9/11 was a major win for them, but that was 15 years ago and when one considers how many Americans die from auto accidents in one year you begin to see that the terrorist threat is far more over blown than the actual threat they have posed. They win when we change our way of life and give up freedoms and rights based on their actions, don't let terrorists make you afraid of your fellow citizens otherwise, with You they have already won the fight. Giving up our rights is far more harmful than anything they have done if you do not get that then you are already a casualty of the war.

I generally agree with this.

I recall using a similar argument against the patriot act.

I don't think gun control generally makes sense in response to terrorists. Some gun control might make sense, but not in response to terrorists.

stating that supporting 2A rights = supporting ISIS or terrorism = topical mental retardation.

The vast majority of people will never take dishonest partisan hyperbolic rhetoric like that seriously. And yes that includes many people on the left.

In hindsight, my accusation was unfair. I made the same falsely dichotomous accusation I hate when it comes from others, "If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists!"

I apologize, I was wrong.

Losing the means to protect your life can certainly result in the actual loss of that life.

And yet actual loss of life still seems worse than a slightly diminished capacity to protect oneself.

I generally agree with this.

I recall using a similar argument against the patriot act.

I don't think gun control generally makes sense in response to terrorists. Some gun control might make sense, but not in response to terrorists.

OK. Not sure what further gun controls you are referring to, enforce the laws we have and I am happy enough with them.

In hindsight, my accusation was unfair. I made the same baseless accusation I hate when it comes from others, "If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists!"

I apologize, I was wrong.

Thank you. It happens.

OK. Not sure what further gun controls you are referring to, enforce the laws we have and I am happy enough with them.

I didn't have a specific policy in mind. I'm open to new ideas on gun control, may are stupid but others are reasonable.

I don't think it's a fair argument to try to silence any mere discussion on gun control by declaring that gun control is somehow worse than terrorism. I'm not really convinced of that, and if it were that bad, we wouldn't need that hear that appeal to emotion to understand why.

I didn't have a specific policy in mind. I'm open to new ideas on gun control, may are stupid but others are reasonable.

I don't think it's a fair argument to try to silence any mere discussion on gun control by declaring that gun control is somehow worse than terrorism. I'm not really convinced of that, and if it were that bad, we wouldn't need that hear that appeal to emotion to understand why.
I understand your point, but the thing is after having listened to most of the arguments pro and con gun control over and over, I do not see how any more gun control than what we already have is actually warranted or would be enforceable, not to mention Constitutional. As I said I am happy for the most part with those controls in place already, even though I find it funny that anyone that was once a LE or Serviceman or woman is trusted with select fire weapons for years are all of a sudden not trustworthy after they leave the service or LE, where is the logic in that. I have no problem not allowing someone that is a terrorist from buy guns legally, but then again if they are a terrorist why are they walking among us freely? No fly list are BS, look at who is on them and try and find out how people get on and then off them (if you can), so that is another bad idea because it is not part of the legal due process we must operate under. There are reasons why there are rules that must adhere to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, if we throw those away we are done as a Free Nation.

Clearly drunk

An f instead of an s is evidence of drunkenness?

Ok, I agree. So you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom