• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Yorker Admits Fox News is More Balanced than MSNBC

When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

Full Story

Tripe.

The."liberals" one sees on Fox are foils, nothing more. Selected by PR pros specifically to paint a negative image of liberals in the minds of their viewers. Unattractive physical traits, weak demeanor, annoying voice. Shameless application of persuasion science.

Simply ignoring their point of view is FAR more "fair and balanced" than blatant, calculated manipulation.

The OP is just another example of how to lie with statistics.

Tripe, as I said.

(Disclaimer-MSNBC is doing its damnest to become Fox for liberals. But any claim that they are doing anything but playing catch up to Fox is nonsense.)

Fox really does threaten people, doesn't it?

Its just easier to type than "conservative mediasphere".

Same message same day.

Owned outright by a couple of billionaires.

Greatest propaganda machine ever created.

Its just easier to type than "conservative mediasphere".

Same message same day.

Owned outright by a couple of billionaires.

Greatest propaganda machine ever created.

Yeah, but that's just because MSNBC is crappy at getting viewers...

The only reason Fox is relevant is because people who wine about it give it so much attention. Who cares what some news channel says.

When a disturbing number of voting Americans continue to believe nonsense they learned on Fox, professionally designed nonsense, it becomes valid to keep a weather eye on them so we can address todays persuasive messages before they become another chapter in our country's false recent history.

How can we agree on a future when we have more than one recent past? And how does a society that cherishes free speech deal with the simple fact that if there are two distinct recent histories, somebody is lying to somebody. In a deliberate, cynical, organized fashion.

Thank you for being honest and breaking ranks with most of the other liberals around here. You are correct about Fox News being a solid news channel. They are easily the best news network on cable, and in my opinion, in all of television news period.

So many people on the left dishonestly portrait the network's news programming, as if it was written and delivered by Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity. They can't seem to separate the political opinion shows that air during prime time, from the networks news based shows that air mid-days and afternoons... It's nice to know that there are at least a few of you out there who are honest enough to make the distinction.

:thumbs:

We've been over this Grim.

The messaging permeates the "hard" news. On-message talent comments on hard news segments, blurbs for the opinion shows include reinforcing content. The "message" is pervasive and overarching.

It still floors me that you can see inappropriate, deceptive persuasive messaging ANYWHERE but on Fox.

Yeah, but that's just because MSNBC is crappy at getting viewers...

The left has nothing even vaguely resembling the conservative mediasphere. Monolithic and in perfect lockstep. Carrying the same perspective on the same issue at the same time, even using the same terms and perjorative talking points in different, nominally independent, mediums/outlets.

Almost as if a couple very rich men hired a bunch of folks conversant in the field of persuasion science to create content designed to manufacture a desired perspective in a certain percentage of those exposed to it and then provided massive amounts of tv and radio time and untold bandwidth for its dissemination.....

You need to teach Gallup how to do polls.
No, they know how to do polls, I don't. You need to learn that pollsters are businesses and as such they will sell to the public anything the public will buy.

The left has nothing even vaguely resembling the conservative mediasphere. Monolithic and in perfect lockstep. Carrying the same perspective on the same issue at the same time, even using the same terms and perjorative talking points in different, nominally independent, mediums/outlets.

Are you being serious right now?

Almost as if a couple very rich men hired a bunch of folks conversant in the field of persuasion science to create content designed to manufacture a desired perspective in a certain percentage of those exposed to it and then provided massive amounts of tv and radio time and untold bandwidth for its dissemination.....

This is limited to one side?

Persuasion science hard at work.
Are you saying that Gallup is biased? Are you saying that the people answered the poll that way because they were influenced by conservatives? none of the above? If none of the above, please explain what you mean by "persuasion science".

No, they really are useless. Just a fact. You may want to look that fallacy up. You misuse it.
This is a text book example of a strawman. I used that poll to show that it isn't just the far far right who perceive the media as liberal. That poll is extremely useful for debunking that myth. I did NOT use that poll as proof of the media being liberal.

Fox's presentation of the hard news is slanted to the right, which is something I have never denied. But their news isn't slanted to the right nearly to the extent that it's slanted to the left by all the other broadcast news networks. There have been several studies over the years that have confirmed this, but then again, you already knew that.

Unfortunately today, the political slant of Fox News is necessary because without it, many stories would be presented to the public without all of the facts being included, and there would be a host of important and significant stories that the public would never hear about at all. Unlike the other news networks, the political slant of Fox News doesn't result in them ignoring certain stories of importance... They cover all the major news stories and present all the facts surrounding those stories, that the other news networks provide in their coverage... What Fox's political slant does do, is provide viewers with important facts on certain stories, that due to the liberal bias of the other networks, was not included in their coverage. What Fox does is fill in the blanks left by all the others.

I hope a day will come when there won't be any blanks to fill in, or a need for a network like Fox News. I wish that one day all forms of political bias are eliminated from every newscast, on every broadcast network in America, including Fox News.

Wow...can you be any more of a FauxNews apologist? How much are they paying you for your endless defense of them?

Are you being serious right now?

This is limited to one side?

You should know I am serious.

And while its not limited to one side, the lefts "machine" is FAR less effective. Too much variation in attitudes/opinions on the left to start with. Less in common. Harder to get them on the same page.

Are you saying that Gallup is biased? Are you saying that the people answered the poll that way because they were influenced by conservatives? none of the above? If none of the above, please explain what you mean by "persuasion science".

Deliberately manipulated to garner support for the "conservative" agenda.

"The other guys are lying to you. Only WE tell the truth" is a classic gambit.

When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

Full Story

yeah, but the New Yorker is another one of those liberal, elitist publications that smart people read. You can't believe a word they say.

Isn't Gallup the one who predicted we'd be in the second year of the Romney Administration? Or was that Rasmussen?

Wow...can you be any more of a FauxNews apologist? How much are they paying you for your endless defense of them?

Fox News doesn't need apologists, and it's ridiculous to assume that anybody who actually keeps up is relying on only one source anyway. I just don't understand the fixation some have on Fox News. Is it fear or what?

Fox News doesn't need apologists, and it's ridiculous to assume that anybody who actually keeps up is relying on only one source anyway. I just don't understand the fixation some have on Fox News. Is it fear or what?

I don't watch FauxNews or MSNBC.....I think they are both equally propaganda network for their respective sides What I find fascinating though is how the right-wing loonies will go to all efforts to defend FauxNews....you don't see that as much for MSNBC by the left wing. Fear you say? Kinda....It is pretty scary when folks feel the need to constantly take to the airwaves to defend their brand of propaganda....brainwashing is a little scary when people actually not only fall for it....but fall for it to that degree.

Deliberately manipulated to garner support for the "conservative" agenda.

"The other guys are lying to you. Only WE tell the truth" is a classic gambit.
At first I thought that you were accidentally being unclear, but now it's clear that you're intentionally being unclear.

Reading this in a thread about MSNBC, started by a poster who constantly complains about MSNBC, is ironic.

Back
Top Bottom