• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Yorker Admits Fox News is More Balanced than MSNBC

Liberal bias exists at both the AP and Reuters, but not to the extent it does at NBC, ABC, CBS and the others. I'm happy to say though, that in the last few years I've seen less bias out of them both... A trend that I hope will continue, and hopefully one day will spread to the broadcast networks and publications like the NY Times.

Poor, poor conservatives still whining about the media.

However, largely all you really ever show is entertainment. That and whining.

MSNBC admits their bias, so the degree of their bias is irrelevant.

This is exactly why my theory about you is correct.

You don't care about media bias.

If you did, you'd have to call out fox news because it is heavily slanted to the right.

But in actuality what you get pissed off about is not media bias.

But the fact no other network shares your far right wing views.

Fox's presentation of the hard news is slanted to the right, which is something I have never denied. But their news isn't slanted to the right nearly to the extent that it's slanted to the left by all the other broadcast news networks. There have been several studies over the years that have confirmed this, but then again, you already knew that.

Unfortunately today, the political slant of Fox News is necessary because without it, many stories would be presented to the public without all of the facts being included, and there would be a host of important and significant stories that the public would never hear about at all. Unlike the other news networks, the political slant of Fox News doesn't result in them ignoring certain stories of importance... They cover all the major news stories and present all the facts surrounding those stories, that the other news networks provide in their coverage... What Fox's political slant does do, is provide viewers with important facts on certain stories, that due to the liberal bias of the other networks, was not included in their coverage. What Fox does is fill in the blanks left by all the others.

I hope a day will come when there won't be any blanks to fill in, or a need for a network like Fox News. I wish that one day all forms of political bias are eliminated from every newscast, on every broadcast network in America, including Fox News.

Poor, poor conservatives still whining about the media.

However, largely all you really ever show is entertainment. That and whining.

I'm not taking the bait...

Night night Boo.

every so often grim17 gets a thistle under his kilt about television "news". people continue to remind grim that television "news" is not news. it is entertainment. all television infotainment is biased, all is lightly based on factual information, no "news" program/network is balanced. All "news" programs are infotainment. All television "news" programs are profit driven. All depend on ratings.

All "new" networks are unbalanced. So are the people who continue to watch them expecting factual and un-biased reporting.

Grim, you are watching news as if it were factual. It isn't. You continue to become upset when they say something you don't like. "News" networks don't tell the truth. You don't seem to comprehend that.

Good doggy, here...have a Havana El Rey del Mundo and a scratch behind the ear. ;)

MOre balanced than MSNBC? Talk about damning with faint praise.

Yeah, you think about that next time you watch your hero Maddow.

Grim, you are watching news as if it were factual. It isn't.

Really? So there were no chemical weapons used in Syria and nobody died? I saw that on the news... So none of the stories on the following websites is real either?

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos
ABCNews.com - Breaking News, Latest News & Top Video News - ABC News
Breaking News & Top Stories - World News, US & Local | NBC News
Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News - CBS News
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Gee, and this whole time I really believed our military forces were fighting terrorists in the middle east... I feel like such a fool.

<sarcasm off>

You continue to become upset when they say something you don't like.

What I want are the facts... All the facts... And nothing but the facts...

What I don't like is the hard news being fed to the public after first being manipulated and molded to fit a certain political ideology... Something you aparantly can't relate to.

"News" networks don't tell the truth. You don't seem to comprehend that.

They don't always tell the whole story, they will sometimes embellish on a story, and they will sometimes omit certain stories all together... But they don't knowingly lie or present falsehoods.

When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

Full Story

Even that article comes close to admitting the truth as to why. Real right wing people tend not to go on MSNBC because they will not get softball interviews. It makes sense you probably do not want the opponent's pundits to get you. The same goes for liberals showing up on faux news. the only thing faux does it to have a fake liberal on their shows to either lose or to make outlandish statements. Evemn the article alludes to that reality by saying liberals on faux are lame. It is just different styles of the same BS. Neither side really gets the others on it because no one wants an open debate. About the best I have seen, and even it was a lot of joking, was Orielly vs stewart. At least i will give them the fact they do go face to face a lot more than anyone else on either network. Stewart, of course, is not MSNBC so if you want to put that in the win column for faux news feel free. I will say that MSNBC has little to no humor factor in their attacks on the right, and therefor if you are looking for mockery faux news would probably be the choice of the right, while the left would be better going to comedy central or other left leaning shows like politically incorrect. Faux viewers tend to have to rely on faux for their Ad homs and jokes. In that area faux is more of a one stop shop which makes it better for conservatives, but not much better in terms of being fair and balanced.

So yes perhaps you are right in the contest of which is the lesser of a gigantic pile of crap faux might win. I am personally not going to get close enough to measure and just figure they are both very large piles of crap that should only be watched for purely entertainment purposes and not for a true evaluation of which side is correct.

Really? So there were no chemical weapons used in Syria and nobody died? I saw that on the news... So none of the stories on the following websites is real either?

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos
ABCNews.com - Breaking News, Latest News & Top Video News - ABC News
Breaking News & Top Stories - World News, US & Local | NBC News
Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News - CBS News
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Gee, and this whole time I really believed our military forces were fighting terrorists in the middle east... I feel like such a fool.

<sarcasm off>

What I want are the facts... All the facts... And nothing but the facts...

What I don't like is the hard news being fed to the public after first being manipulated and molded to fit a certain political ideology... Something you aparantly can't relate to.

They don't always tell the whole story, they will sometimes embellish on a story, and they will sometimes omit certain stories all together... But they don't knowingly lie or present falsehoods.

It just dawned on me that you are likely one of those people who insists professional wrestling is real.

It just dawned on me that you are likely one of those people who insists professional wrestling is real.

I consider professional wrestling the sport of idiots.

Way to NOT address my response.

When even liberal journalist admit the truth about MSNBC, that should tell you just how bad they really are..

Full Story

MSNBC's entire intent is to degrade conservatism and praise big government to a totalitarian point...

It's pretty simple: MSNBC and their contributors and commentators believe government is responsible for dictating outcomes.

Fox News believes that the individual is responsible for dictating outcomes.

Both (MSNBC more than Fox) believe they can dictate outcomes..

That's why I don't watch cable news...

That's probably why those who watch TV don't agree with my politics.

Full Story

The difference between fox and msnbc is that fox pretends to be a news station while msnbc is "the place for politics" and they have never pretended to be unbiased. They are a left leaning political discussion channel.

The difference between fox and msnbc is that fox pretends to be a news station while msnbc is "the place for politics" and they have never pretended to be unbiased. They are a left leaning political discussion channel.

You can keep saying that over and over as many times as you like, but it will still never make it true.

Would you perfer something more "fair and balanced?":lamo
You can keep saying that over and over as many times as you like, but it will still never make it true.

Liberal bias exists at both the AP and Reuters, but not to the extent it does at NBC, ABC, CBS and the others. I'm happy to say though, that in the last few years I've seen less bias out of them both... A trend that I hope will continue, and hopefully one day will spread to the broadcast networks and publications like the NY Times.
This of course is your opinion, which means you're far far Right.

By the way, who the **** cares if Fox is more balanced than MSNBC? I sure don't, balance means nothing when come to truth and honesty.

What is true is that neither is news. They should not be evaluated as if they were.

That poll might be meaningful if there was a definition for what was liberal, but in fact everyone has their own definition. So that 47% poll is in reality garbage. GIGO. Also, many people on the right wil say the media is liberal because that's what they have been taught to say.
You need to teach Gallup how to do polls.

Back
Top Bottom