• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New Yorker Admits Fox News is More Balanced than MSNBC

Believe whatever you want, but I have a friend who is solidly liberal and says the liberal bias is "so obvious". I also have a nephew (32 years old) who describes himself as a "fire breathing liberal", and he acknowledges it too. Then there's Chris Matthews, Howard Fineman, Carl Bernstein, Mike Barnicle and Joe Biden.

That settles it then

LMAO

News sources should not be balanced. They should be biased in favor of the truth. They should give both sides of a debate a chance to press their cases, but when one side is wrong, or lying, the moderator of the program should say so.

There should be an annual Candy Crowley Award for best performance in doing that.

Believe whatever you want, but I have a friend who is solidly liberal and says the liberal bias is "so obvious". I also have a nephew (32 years old) who describes himself as a "fire breathing liberal", and he acknowledges it too. Then there's Chris Matthews, Howard Fineman, Carl Bernstein, Mike Barnicle and Joe Biden.
Since when is Biden a journalist?

And since when is Fineman a liberal? Barnicle is all over the map, and Matthews, for all his praise of Obama and JFK, his favorite President remains Reagan. Reagan didn't just give him a tingle, he practically made Matthews drool.

Since when is Biden a journalist?
You tell me.

And since when is Fineman a liberal? Barnicle is all over the map, and Matthews, for all his praise of Obama and JFK, his favorite President remains Reagan. Reagan didn't just give him a tingle, he practically made Matthews drool.
Since when is Rush Limbaugh a conservative?

"In his first New York Times best seller, Limbaugh describes himself as conservative."

At least that long...

His whole life. His father and grandfather were also right-wing nuts. So is his brother David, who writes books full of propaganda from the perspective of a right-wing lawyer.

That's a logical fallacy on your part. Just because I think the poll is biased doesn't mean I think Gallup did anything wrong. They merely asked a question. They are not responsible for the lopsidedness of their respondents.

Going by research ethics, they are responsible for selection effects (or at least addressing any). That is what you are suggesting is the problem with their survey.

His whole life. His father and grandfather were also right-wing nuts. So is his brother David, who writes books full of propaganda from the perspective of a right-wing lawyer.

Yes, any family who isn't gibbering leftists is going to be attacked. Explanations or examples are not required, just the name calling is sufficient for the hard of thinking.

Yes, any family who isn't gibbering leftists is going to be attacked. Explanations or examples are not required, just the name calling is sufficient for the hard of thinking.

What you would call a "gibbering leftist," most people would call a "moderate." And you call yourself an "Independent"? In the immortal word of Chris Matthews, "HA!"

What you would call a "gibbering leftist," most people would call a "moderate." And you call yourself an "Independent"? In the immortal word of Chris Matthews, "HA!"

In fact I am an independent.

All you need do, apparently, is use meaningless political terms rather than actually debating anything of substance.

In fact I am an independent.

All you need do, apparently, is use meaningless political terms rather than actually debating anything of substance.
You spout conservative dogma. That means you're going to vote for either Republicans or quixotic third-party candidates who make Newt Gingrich sound like George McGovern.

It was a rhetorical question.

Letting liberals express liberal opinions is liberal, and that's fine, but favoring those voices over the less liberal ones isn't fine. This is very simple.

Unless, of course, those voices are accurate, factual, not flat earthier nonsense. :coffeepap

Back
Top Bottom