• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

ya but i dont want to pay for keeping him in jail

They should not be on death row for so long, 2 years max unless there is a ongoing appeal .. not a time delay appeal

bilbus said:
ya but i dont want to pay for keeping him in jail

Think of it this way: it's cheaper than the alternative. Appeals are much, much more expensive, any way you look at it.

Duke

my solution would only cost 3 dollars .. and its reusable

Well perhaps we need to stop pointless appeals and kill ppl like they need to be.

bilbus said:
my solution would only cost 3 dollars .. and its reusable

Well perhaps we need to stop pointless appeals and kill ppl like they need to be.

Who is to say who needs to be killed? Are you? "kill ppl like they need to be". Yes, override this whole "justice system" doohicky, and let Bilbus tell us who needs to be killed! It's the best thing that's happened to this nation since the Vietnam War!

Duke

Oh beleve me that would be sweet. Prisoners would be droping left and right.

I don't think any form of execution is "humane", the terror of being put through it is probably just as bad no matter what, but some people deserve it.

I'm also negative about death penalty, but I think the gas chamber is the worst execution form, firing squad should be quick... if the person being executed was shot in the head, but the Guillotine would be the quickest, most painless one (I imagine)

Fun fact about the Guillotine: After your head is sliced off, you are still conscious for another thirty second or so. A pastor did a test with a recently decapitated man, he said his name to him, and the eyes in his head focused on the pastor's.........:2razz:

Duke

HumbertHumbert said:
I don't think any form of execution is "humane", the terror of being put through it is probably just as bad no matter what, but some people deserve it.

Agree with the first part, and question the second: why do some peoiple deserve to suffer?

To answer the original question, I suppose the most humane form of death penalty would be lethal injection. A bullet between the eyes would probably be the least painful, but of course that could get messy.

That being said, considering the type of crime that one must commit before being sentenced to death, I'm not sure why we are supposed to care whether their death is humane or painless or not. I give up caring for them and their rights as a human being the second they commit such a horrible act.

I think lethal injection is the most humane form of death penalty because then the family of the executed will have an intact body to bury. They won't have to see their former family member without a head, with nasty burn marks or with a hole in the head.

Lethal injection may not be the most humane form of death penalty from the executed's perspective (if the anaesthetics fail it probably hurts like hell) but definitely from the family's point of view.

The most humane form of death penalty--

For this lady:

The Herald

the most humane thing would be to put her *** in a microwave and see how she likes it.

For him:

CNN.com - Lunsford may have been buried alive - Apr 9, 2005

how about someone twice his side rapes him repeately, beats him, and then buries him alive.

maybe the most humane thing is for then to feel the pain and suffering their victims had to go thru.

I agree that the most humane way, currently, is lethal injection.
I think it would be even more humane if we gave them general anesthesia first.
But that's how we euthanize animals- lethal injection.
When Fido gets old and is in constant pain and has lost all quality of life, we don't take him to the humane society and have him hanged or shot by a firing squad or electrocuted. We have him euthanized by lethal injection.
So, yeah, that's probably the most humane.
As far as painless and easy ways to kill yourself, I'd say an overdose of IV heroin or morphine tops the list; non-violent asphyxiation is probably second.
So if these are the easiest and least painful ways to kill yourself, it follows that they are also the easiest and most humane ways to kill another person.
If we must continue to execute people, perhaps we should look into them. They're far less costly than the methods we currectly use.

I agree that the most humane way, currently, is lethal injection.
I think it would be even more humane if we gave them general anesthesia first.
But that's how we euthanize animals- lethal injection.
When Fido gets old and is in constant pain and has lost all quality of life, we don't take him to the humane society and have him hanged or shot by a firing squad or electrocuted. We have him euthanized by lethal injection.

Fido is a loved member of the family,not some murderer.Murderers on Death row row deserve execution either by hanging,electrocution or firing squad.

To answer the original question, I suppose the most humane form of death penalty would be lethal injection. A bullet between the eyes would probably be the least painful, but of course that could get messy.

That being said, considering the type of crime that one must commit before being sentenced to death, I'm not sure why we are supposed to care whether their death is humane or painless or not. I give up caring for them and their rights as a human being the second they commit such a horrible act.

I agree with you.It is absurd to worry if these scum behind bars are suffering during their execution.These scum should suffer after all they made their victims suffer and they made the victim's family suffer as well.

Fido is a loved member of the family,not some murderer.Murderers on Death row row deserve execution either by hanging,electrocution or firing squad.

The thread topic is "The most humane form of death penalty?"
It is not "Do those convicted of murder deserve a humane death?"
That is a different subject entirely.
If your goal is to subject convicted felons an inhumane death, I can think of many deaths more painful and less humane than hanging, electrocution or firing squad.
But that is a topic for another thread.

The thread topic is "The most humane form of death penalty?"
It is not "Do those convicted of murder deserve a humane death?"
That is a different subject entirely.
That is true.

If your goal is to subject convicted felons an inhumane death, I can think of many deaths more painful and less humane than hanging, electrocution or firing squad.
But that is a topic for another thread.
Are those other methods cheaper?

That is true.

Are those other methods cheaper?

I think firing squad would be extremely cheap. A rifle bullet costs less then a dollar, if I am correct.

Which is it, folks? Gas chamber? Lethal injection? Firing squad? Electric chair? Guillotine? Hanging? Crusifixtion? Burning at the stake?

Personally, I think lethal injection.
to answer the OP lethal injection

but i wonder why it needs to be humane
they should be put to death the same way their victims were
plain and simple
and could actually be more of a deterent

Hey you all.. Why dissus that when you can take it all away! If you are puniched with a death penalty you really can't make up for your sefle. I'm not saying that you should take it all away but ´just that it should be more differcult to get it. To know that you are sending someone to death as a memder of the court jury, I bet is not a good feeling!! And besides death there is plenty of other punichment. As leats that is what I stand for! :smile:

Lovvi!!!

Hey you all.. Why discus that when you can take it all away! If you are punched with a death penalty you really can't make it up for yourself. I'm not saying that you should take it all away but ´just that it should be more differcult to get it. To know that you are sending someone to death as a member of the court jury, I bet is not a good feeling!! And besides death there is plenty of other punishment. As least that is what I stand for! :smile:

Livvie!!!

I agree with that it's an uncivilised form of punishment, although if I have to chose one, I would go for lethal injection.
Since it's no blood or guts flying around and the person being punished is just like falling into a deep sleep, and that's the most "humane" form of death penalty in my opinion.

Which is it, folks? Gas chamber? Lethal injection? Firing squad? Electric chair? Guillotine? Hanging? Crusifixtion? Burning at the stake?

This is what I think:

Gas Chamber: probably depends on what kind of gas you use.. you might not even notice it (?) if you're asleep..

Lethal Injection: I've heard it's extremely painful (judging by the looks of the executed expressions) and that if you don't find a vein, it'll just burn like a mother******

Firing Squad: 10 ppl shooting at your head/heart.. how long can it take? 0.0006 seconds? probably fairly un-painful.. however, if there's just one bullet, it needs to penetrate the heart so that it stops immediately (for it to be as humane as possible.. not for killing the person.. you can shoot a bit however you want then).

Electric Chair: This doesn't even work on everyone the first time, does it? would kinda suck to get XXXXX volts in you for 1-5 seconds, and NOT die.. if you're lucky, your heart might stop in an instant, but thats not always the case

Guillotine: I thought this was the most humane way of killing someone, since youget decapitated at once, but then someone said the head can "live" for 7 seconds after.. which makes it A BIT un-humane.. still a cheap way to kill someone tho :p you don't need to get more material ever.. just the first time.. no more bullets, no electrical bills, no gas tubes, and no venom/poison/whatever you use in lethal injections..

Hanging 1: Snap the neck as soon as the rope is fully stretched, and you die right then and there.. you need a hatch, and a long rope. probably a really fast way of dying, and not very painful..

Hanging 2: Until you cant breathe no more.. one of the worst punishments ever..

Crucifixion: Humane?? i don't think so.. Giant nails through your hands and feet, and how exactly are you supposed to die?? Are you gonna bleed to death from your wounds, or what? Someone's gonna whip you until you die?

Burning at the stake: Ouch! burning and suffocating... not the best way to die.. hopefully the smoke will knock you unconscious pretty quick, so you don't feel your feet melt :/

Personally I think hanging (the nr 1 version) would be the most humane way to kill someone.. it wouldn't take more than a blink of an eye, and thus is basically painless.
but why would you wanna kill someone who deserves a death penalty in a humane way?
I say kill them in the same way as they've killed their victims.. don't waste any money on them.. the cheapest method is the best in this case.. as long as we don't spend money on having them in for life instead, or waiting five years to appeal..
Courtorder=>walking to where the punishment is supposed to take place=>Dead. It shouldn't take more than five minutes..

People who've killed other people has used their right to exist in our society, and should therefor be terminated.

This is what I think:

Lethal Injection: I've heard it's extremely painful (judging by the looks of the executed expressions) and that if you don't find a vein, it'll just burn like a mother******

I heard that they actually inject people with a solution that inhibits motion and feeling so people dont squirm, flail and jolt when they are injected with the lethal solution.

personally, i dont like the death penalty, and the most humane way to die is a strange argument, but i think the most humane way to die is probably to let the person decide how they want to die without making a public specticle of it. after all it's their death, the most humane way is to let them decide without making them make their death a public sight.

Last edited:
Hue Mann

"Hue Mane"

Would someone describe:
- heroin death?

Back
Top Bottom