• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The most humane form of death penalty?

Which is it, folks? Gas chamber? Lethal injection? Firing squad? Electric chair? Guillotine? Hanging? Crusifixtion? Burning at the stake?

Personally, I think lethal injection.

The thing about lethal injection is the drugs used. They could easily just do a morphine overdose but they use that weird combo of paralyzing the lungs first before the heart. Not sure why.

maybe my memory is rusty
but while the Romans performed the act
the Jews were the ones who decided jesus should be crucified, instead of 'the other guy'

please correct me if i am wrong

I believe debating historical events that happened two millennia ago, especially events relating religion, should be debated anywhere.

"Double quarter pouinder with cheese and a large fries and a large coke please.":sinking:

Explosions are the way to go. It doesn't have to be nuclear to instantly vaporize you. When I am on deathrow, that is the request I'll make.

I haven't read through the entire thread, but will respond to the OP ...

Which is it, folks? Gas chamber? Lethal injection? Firing squad? Electric chair? Guillotine? Hanging? Crusifixtion? Burning at the stake?

I agree, lethal injection is the most humane method.

That being said, I am against the death penalty as I believe it's immoral and cruel, and lowers us to the same level as those we are condemning to death.

Shotgun to the head at close range.

Messy? Yup.
Dignified? Nope.
Expensive? Nope.
Painful? Probably not.

Back
Top Bottom