• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students

Because we have provided them, over and over again, over the weekend.

If you snooze, you loose ...

Read up on the related threads for the last 36 hours.

Basically, that drum-beating activist is a liar - plain and simple. :lamo

Why are you in this thread if it is such old and tired news?

Seriously, take a break from politics. It is good to do.

Yup, the video of the kid staring down Phillips and all his buddies mocking him.

Let's see it. The entire video with sound.
Philips has a bit of a history with this kind of thing.

Did he really defend the black Hebrews? That's sad. They were spewing horribly racist and homophobic stuff to everyone. They were by no means victims.

They weren't innocent in the exchange. Phillips even said they were saying horrible things.

Why are you in this thread if it is such old and tired news?

Seriously, take a break from politics. It is good to do.

You're right - it's old news that you've missed.

Obviously you took a break from politics and look what happened: totally ingnorant and oblivious to what transpired in the last 36 days. :lol:

They weren't innocent in the exchange. Phillips even said they were saying horrible things.

No, he said they were saying some "harsh" things, but that they were the victims. "Beasts and prey."

Then why say that you were 'getting in between the beast and the prey'? That makes it seem like he's painting the black Hebrews as the victims in the situation. Which they weren't. They were antagonizing everyone.

I gave you the quotes and the sources of the quotes.

In one he says he and his group were preparing to leave, but the students blocked his way, with no mention whatever of trying to "diffuse" anything.

In the other, he says he purposely put himself in front of the students to "diffuse" something, and that in fact he felt compelled to do so.

Go to the quotes. Show me how they reconcile.

There you go with your lawyer-speak, again. Here is the situation as I understand it from his quotes:

Phillips decided to get between the two groups.

Phillips decided that the situation was getting too tense.

Phillips decided to leave that spot he put himself in but was surrounded.

Where is the contradiction?

Wait, you have seen people stare down other people to intimidate/mock/bully them, but you don't blame them for it?

Do you have video proof Phillips got right up in the kid's face? Haven't seen it yet despite looking at these videos. How do I know the kid didn't get in his face once Phillips got between the groups?

Yes....there has been all kinds of video proof showing this. How pathetic of a post this is.

Let me come bang a drum directly in your face and then yell at you for mocking and bullying me for you standing there doing nothing. How pathetic.

Its a pretty minor point, but did the group have a permit to protest there or a rental of the space with exclusive rights and perimeter markings showing where no one else could enter?

Philips has demonstrated that he is all for this media attention and I am having trouble taking him seriously.

Just because they have a permit to be there in a group does not mean they control that space.

That I don't know...

If he was trying to diffuse the situation, then he probably should've been a lot more clear in what he was trying to do, or at the very least handled that in a different way. Because the way he approached him made it seem like he was trying to get in his face.

He walked back and forth in front of a large group of kids. He only stopped when he couldn't keep moving. And if you watch the video, you can see a bunch of the kids making tomahak chops and mocking his chanting.

Nothing about focusing on the media's failure to sufficiently stress "black Israelites" and nothing about what the Native Vet did rendered that treatment of him justifiable. That's the real problem here. People want to use a media reaction to discredit any discussion on it - to make this about how "the media" can't be trusted - when really, regardless of what the initial reports said those kids were still being real pieces of ****.

Let's see it. The entire video with sound.
Philips has a bit of a history with this kind of thing.

Perhaps because he is a regular protester and protesters often get into altercations with counter-protesters?

You're right - it's old news that you've missed.

Obviously you took a break from politics and look what happened: totally ingnorant and oblivious to what transpired in the last 36 days. :lol:

Actually I heard about the story after it happened. I just did not immediately jump to the news or DP when I did. I have done my research and my conclusion is different than yours.

Even if I didn't know about this story what does it matter? Who cares? It has no real impact on the real world.

There you go with your lawyer-speak, again. Here is the situation as I understand it from his quotes:

Phillips decided to get between the two groups.

Phillips decided that the situation was getting too tense.

Phillips decided to leave that spot he put himself in but was surrounded.

Where is the contradiction?

Apparently you think "lawyer-speak" is taking someone's words at face value.

In the first quote, he didn't say that he wanted to leave because of the spot he put himself in. He didn't mention putting himself in a spot at all. He said he and his group were merely done and trying to leave and he was blocked from leaving.

Then he changed his story.

Obviously, if you don't want to see the contradiction -- and by pointedly and repeatedly refusing to watch the full videos, as you have, you clearly don't want to see anything which challenges your view on this -- you simply won't see it. :shrug:

Perhaps because he is a regular protester and protesters often get into altercations with counter-protesters?

A protester who protests all over the Country?
He must be getting support from somebody, right?
You describe an agitator. A provocateur. An instigator.

So where's the complete video with sound you said you had seen?

Actually I heard about the story after it happened. I just did not immediately jump to the news or DP when I did. I have done my research and my conclusion is different than yours.

Even if I didn't know about this story what does it matter? Who cares? It has no real impact on the real world.

It's good to know you admit that you know squat ... nothing, zero, zilch.

Then why say that you were 'getting in between the beast and the prey'? That makes it seem like he's painting the black Hebrews as the victims in the situation. Which they weren't. They were antagonizing everyone.

Yes, the Black Hebrews were antagonizing everyone. I would not have used that metaphor, but it was clear things were getting heated and you have a few black men up against dozens of white boys/men. Who would have been the likely 'prey' if Phillips did not step in to diffuse?

Yes....there has been all kinds of video proof showing this. How pathetic of a post this is.

Let me come bang a drum directly in your face and then yell at you for mocking and bullying me for you standing there doing nothing. How pathetic.

That video doesn't address anything I asked for. What a pathetic post this is. ;)

Sorry, I can't resist...this song is bangin' in my head...:2razz:

To see how many more lies you spout ...

Then you are wasting your time because I haven't stated a single lie and you cannot specify a single one.

Back
Top Bottom