• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The government shut down has revealed one thing

"Availability of funding" I think Trump is arguing there is not enough.

That is not the discussion topic in this particular instance. The discussion I was engaged in with the other poster was the idea of "waiting 30 years for border security". I don't see anything in the general issue of border security that indicates we have been "waiting for it" for 30 years.

Trump for his part insists or did insist that border security means HIS concept of physical barrier which started out very specifically as concrete wall covering the entire Southern border. He can insist that till hell freezes over. That does not make it true nor even close to true. Although now, who has any earthly idea what he wants or what he thinks he wants.

Frankly, he lost his shot at his almighty Wall and has nobody to blame for it but himself and possibly Steven Miller. I am fine with that failure as I hate "lets make a deal" Legislation especially when it comes to Appropriations and that sort of Legislation was the shot he had at his Wall.

That is not the discussion topic in this particular instance. The discussion I was engaged in with the other poster was the idea of "waiting 30 years for border security". I don't see anything in the general issue of border security that indicates we have been "waiting for it" for 30 years.

Trump for his part insists or did insist that border security means HIS concept of physical barrier which started out very specifically as concrete wall covering the entire Southern border. He can insist that till hell freezes over. That does not make it true nor even close to true. Although now, who has any earthly idea what he wants or what he thinks he wants.

Frankly, he lost his shot at his almighty Wall and has nobody to blame for it but himself and possibly Steven Miller. I am fine with that failure as I hate "lets make a deal" Legislation especially when it comes to Appropriations and that sort of Legislation was the shot he had at his Wall.

Its kind of like Obama claiming that we have been trying since the Truman Admin for some sort of national healthcare.
Its a political comment.

Trump has been talking about the border for years. Lots of people have.

Or it could show that democrats do not believe in spending money on ineffectual, feel good solutions. Conservatives believe in acting on emotion, liberals on logic and facts.[/QUOTEThen why does Pelosi, Schumer, and Obama have high fences around their houses if they dont work????????

The anti American Schumer worry that a wall will work too good.

Then why does Pelosi, Schumer, and Obama have high fences around their houses if they dont work????????

This is Nancy Pelosi's house:

pelosis-house.jpg

Don't believe everything you read on the internets...

What the actual ****?!? Is this actually the 21st Century?

It's God's will that the US builds a wall on the border?!?

It's God's will that Americans obey American immigration laws.

What is your point?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

‘Secure’ isn’t a binary. You people are demanding absurd spending levels on something that will not be a large improvement.

Isn’t it like blasphemy or something to declare yourself the voice of god

‘Secure’ isn’t a binary. You people are demanding absurd spending levels on something that will not be a large improvement.
If the ad is so wasteful why did Congress give funding to repair the barrier along the border in SD. Why not take it down instead? If they dont work why did they spend new money on it.

If the ad is so wasteful why did Congress give funding to repair the barrier along the border in SD. Why not take it down instead? If they dont work why did they spend new money on it.

Because an urban environment like SD happens to be a place where strategically placed physical barrier supported by other border assets can be a useful tool.

There wasn't that easy.

I have got a gov shutdown laugh for us this morning. We have watched 6 days now of MSM pushing on a rope, desperately trying to make a horse race out of this Gov shutdown issue where a horserace does not exist.

It is painfully obvious what happens next and boy does MSM hate it when it is painfully obvious what will happen next.

View attachment 67246815
Ever notice how few moderate Trump supporters there seem to be?

I saw one of them recently start a thread critiquing Trump on some little point, then he had to reply to himself to bump the thread, trying to get the attention he so desperately craves. Nobody buys it, he constantly felates Trump, but somehow he felt the need to pretend he can think independently. :2rofll:

Do you support building a wall the entire length of the Canadian border?

Probably not. Why? Maybe because you don’t think the expense justifies the gains?

Because an urban environment like SD happens to be a place where strategically placed physical barrier supported by other border assets can be a useful tool.

There wasn't that easy.
No it's not that easy when the opposition is arguing that walls dont work cause you know ladders and tunnels and stuff.why dont that stuff work in SD to defeat the wall.

No it's not that easy when the opposition is arguing that walls dont work cause you know ladders and tunnels and stuff.why dont that stuff work in SD to defeat the wall.

Border patrol routinely finds tunnels there

Yea it is that easy. Trump sealed his fate when he shot off both his kneecaps one after the other:
Kneecap 1: Publicly accepting that he owned the shutdown
Kneecap 2: Cutting the legs out from under his own members in Congress and most specifically cutting the legs out from under McConnell after the Senate had already voted for the Bill Trump assured McConnell he would sign.

Yea it is that easy. Trump sealed his fate when he shot off both his kneecaps one after the other:
Kneecap 1: Publicly accepting that he owned the shutdown
Kneecap 2: Cutting the legs out from under his own members in Congress and most specifically cutting the legs out from under McConnell after the Senate had already voted for the Bill Trump assured McConnell he would sign.
Dont matter to me if the gov is.keft unfunded till 2020

I saw one of them recently start a thread critiquing Trump on some little point, then he had to reply to himself to bump the thread, trying to get the attention he so desperately craves. Nobody buys it, he constantly felates Trump, but somehow he felt the need to pretend he can think independently. :2rofll:
Pathetic what some will do to be taken seriously.

Dont matter to me if the gov is.keft unfunded till 2020

Perfect actually. Trump will finally have fast tracked himself to Impeachment AND even a GOP majority Senate will vote for Removal.

In fact, do me a favor. You and all your buddies, write multiple letters to the WH begging Trump to keep the Gov shutdown going indefinitely. Four letters each should do the job. Bozo the President will convince himself that the entire country is behind him and they will end up pulling him out of the WH in a straight jacket.

If it's God's will then he'll convince Mexico to build and pay for 45's wall.

So why bother allocating new funds to a wall that does not work?

The effect is non-zero. Yet again your problem is black and white thinking.

The effect is non-zero. Yet again your problem is black and white thinking.
So your position is that the wall works in SD but it wont in other places along the border. Why?

Back
Top Bottom