• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The GOP will be sorry if it tries to tie defunding Obamacare to Debt limit hike

the non working poor will vote democrat no matter what they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. the vote the demarcates will lose is the working poor and middle class when they get put on part time and get the letter in the mail saying their insurance is canceled you need to go to the exchanges for rationed care

The non-working poor don't vote. Only 20% of total voters make less than 30,000 which is much lower than their representation of the population.

So again...you think that 20% of the electorate will be able to keep Obamacare in place if 80% of the electorate suffers?

We shall see. The majority of the country wants to get rid of ObamaCare, could it be this will actually blow up in the Dems faces?

Or could it be the billions of dollars worth of lies spent by republicans. What are they gonna say when it blows up in their faces??? You all are so sure this is doomed but, has anyone offered up a bettrer solution?

Not at all. As I said, the people have yet to pick up on why healthcare is so expensive in this country nor have they really figured out why it has all happened. They just want the government to fix all their problems and will keep going back to the government until the democrats get exactly what they have been after since FDR. Everyone that has been paying attention knows what has went down since the second bill of rights and knows exactly why healthcare is so expensive, but luckily for you ignorance and selfishness always rains supreme.

Point to the doll where the bad Obama touched you. You're not debating as much as ranting. I'm not going to be your stand in for "dem Liberals!"

Right now the USA is looking at a federal government shutdown if a hike in the Debt limit isn't passed soon.

Some people in the GOP want to try to tie defunding Obamacare to an increase in the debt ceiling. That is not going to happen.

The GOP will lose this battle. Don't take my word for it, Wait and see.

Read about it here : http://news.yahoo.com/wild-week-ahead-senate-confronts shutdown-deadline-050639978.html

Raising the debt ceiling is not about spending more money, it's about paying bills that the U.S. congress, including the GOP, agreed to already.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

if i remember correctly they tried that battle under clinton and won,forcing in measures to cut the deficit,which clinton got credit for,even though he was blackmailed into doing so.

In the majority of polls they ask people if they know anything about Obamacare and they state "no".

I'm curious how people that self identify themselves not knowing about obamacare have a negative opinion of it?

Not only that, but when polled on the actual specific things that are contained in the ACA, the approval of those goes up.

Even if Obamacare fails the majority of people will never associate the problems they are experiencing with it. They will simply start advocating more government to fix their problems and like the good little perdictable douchebags they are democrats will offer up UHC.

We should have UHC in this country. And the fact that libertarians hate the idea makes me like it even more.

a government shut down will only effect a handful national parks will be closed the white house lawn wont get mowed. Medicare /Medicaid will still happen SS will still happen Military pay will still happen our debts will get paid all of those are mandatory spending. the sun will come up and the birds will continue to sing

It will effect every business that directly or indirectly does business with the federal government.. Which is a huge section of our economy.

Not only that, but when polled on the actual specific things that are contained in the ACA, the approval of those goes up.

We should have UHC in this country. And the fact that libertarians hate the idea makes me like it even more.

You are nuts if you want universal health coverage in this country...

Do you really want someone like Michelle Bachman in charge of your healthcare? How about Rick Santorum? Rand? Or the name escapes me, but the likes of the fellow that thought that in "real rape" the womans body shuts down!?!??!

That's who will be in charge of your healthcare with universal coverage.

Or could it be the billions of dollars worth of lies spent by republicans. What are they gonna say when it blows up in their faces??? You all are so sure this is doomed but, has anyone offered up a bettrer solution?

Lies? Oh please, Obama and his idiots are the liars.

"The GOP will be sorry if it tries to tie defunding Obamacare to Debt limit hike"

Hard to imagine it could be any sorrier than it is now.

Back
Top Bottom